Family, Authorities Still Searching For Rachel

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by "J_R", May 3, 2004.

1. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

05/03/04 - 5:46 pm

Monday morning, Williamson County Sheriff's Department called a press conference. The subject was Rachel Cooke. The Georgetown teen disappeared in January 2002.

Investigators are now making a public plea for help.

"It was between 9:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. that she disappeared," Det. John Foster with the Williamson County Sheriff's Office said.

That was nearly 28 months ago.

"She was wearing gray sweat pants or shorts and a lime green jog bra," Foster said.

Rachel was only 19 years old when she was last seen.

"These things happen but they don't happen like this. People just don't up and disappear with out anything," Foster said.
    ...snip

"I never want to look at this case as a dead end ever," Foster said.

Sheriff's investigators do need more information.

"I think someone knows where Rachel is I feel I feel very convinced of this," Foster said.

They're asking for the public's help.

"Clear your mind and think back to January 2002," Foster said, "I think we have a good puzzle put together. I think we're just missing that one piece to make all the other pieces fit together."

Until then the Cookes will live each day with pain.
    ...snip

Good or bad news, the Cookes are hoping for resolution.
    ...snip

If you have any information on Rachel Cooke's disappearance, call the Williamson County Sheriff's Department at 943-1300 or CrimeStoppers anonymous tip line at 800-253-STOP.

A $50,000 reward is offered for information leading to Rachel's return.

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=1836377&nav=0s3d6dJ7

Photo ©Jacqueline L. Riggs 2004

Attached Files:

• SO1.jpg
      SO1.jpg
      File size:
      23.5 KB
      Views:
  2. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Janet Cooke speaks to the media

Attached Files:

3. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

RC addresses the media.

Attached Files:

• RC1.jpg
      RC1.jpg
      File size:
      27.3 KB
      Views:
  4. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Task Force Created in Rachel Cooke Disappearance Case

A 5-agency task force has been created to determine the whereabouts of Georgetown woman Rachel Cooke, who disappeared on January 10th of 2002. Cooke was last seen jogging near her home in Georgetown. A $50,000 reward has also been offered for information on her whereabouts. At a press conference for the task force on Monday, officials pleaded again for anyone to step forward who may have information on her disappearance.

5/3/04

http://www.fox7news.com

Attached Files:

5. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Rachel Cooke Task Force ask for information

5/3/2004 10:11 PM
    By: News 8 Austin Staff

Members of the Rachel Cooke Task Force are asking the public to come forward with any information they might have about her disappearance almost two-and-a-half years ago.
    ...snip

Williamson County Sheriff's Office Detective John Foster said the task force has a good puzzle, but they need help completing the picture.

"And for the person who does know where Rachel is, please give us something, anything. Good or bad, letting us know where she is," Foster said.

Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the Williamson County Sheriff's Office at (512) 943-1300.

http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=105922

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

This is encouraging news, JR, and hopefully it will get the public involved in the search for Rachel. It's way past due, but better late than never.

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Thank God the focus has been put back on Rachel and the efforts to find her. This new Sheriff is just what was needed as evidenced by this press conference putting Rachels disappearance in the news again. Best wishes to the Cooke family.

RR

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice