Gop Reaction To Ramsey: 'carpetbagger'!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Ginja, May 4, 2004.

1. Ginja

Ginja Member

GOP React on Ramsey Candidacy
    (From the Michigan Information and Research Service, Inc.)

With reports this week that the father of JonBenet Ramsey is interested in running for the House, some Republicans are not welcoming him into the race with open arms. In fact one other GOP contender has called John Ramsey a carpetbagger.

Craig Ryan who works for Rep. Ken Bradstreet (R-Gaylord) will announce his candidacy soon, but both he and his boss are not excited by the interest demonstrated by Ramsey in the Charlevoix district.

Ryan says he first heard of the potential candidacy just after the first of the year when word reached him that Ramsey had formed an exploratory committee and was working groups in the district looking for potential support.

Ramsey is a native of Michigan and has had a summer home in the resort town for years. He recently told two GOP campaign operatives that he felt he had something to offer the district given his experience in saving a business in Colorado.

John Llwellyn, from the House GOP staff, met personally with Ramsey about 10 days ago in a Lansing office building. During the 20-minute interview also attended by staffer Al Mann, Ramsey expressed surprise when Llwellyn suggested that the murder of his daughter might become an issue in the race if he got in.

Llwellyn advised Ramsey to think of his family first before getting into the contest.

Bradstreet said when he meets with Ramsey, he will not encourage him to run and may even ask him not to run. Bradstreet is afraid of the media circus that might engulf the campaign and produce a primary based on the murder and not jobs, unemployment and related issues.

Bradstreet said you could write a scenario with Ramsey in the race under which the Democrats may win the seat.

Ryan agrees. While acknowledging that Ramsey is free to do whatever he wants, Ryan said he does not have enough experience to represent the voters in the 105th district and then he labeled his potential opponent a carpetbagger.

Ramsey was born and raised in Michigan and recently registered to vote in the district and has obtained a Michigan driver's license.

Gov. Jennifer Granholm, asked to comment on the developing story, said she did not know the Ramsey family had a home in Michigan, but this was something "for the other side of the aisle" to deal with.

2. Ginja

Ginja Member

This is FANTASTIC News!

FINALLY! Intelligent lifeforms exist in Michigan's GOP and they're voicing their dissatisfaction with a murder suspect's decision to run for office!

The door has opened! Let's all walk through that door!

Perhaps we could contact the local Michigan papers to cheer on the GOP and their acknowledgement that this particular carpetbagger does not have the backing of anyone other than his friends.

Ramsey claims he has experience in bringing business to Boulder. What he doesn't admit to is that he hasn't had a job in almost 8 years and this quest for a seat in the Michigan legislature is nothing more than an attempt to get some income....politics and experience have nothing to do with Ramsey's quest!

So I'm asking everyone here to contact the Michigan papers and the GOP's Michigan website to congratulate these politicians who recognize a fraud when they see one!

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I agree with this. I think it is very poor judgment, and poor taste, for John Ramsey to run for office, because whether he and the RST like it or not, there is still a cloud hanging over John and Patsy Ramsey regarding the death of their daughter. There are still lingering questions in the minds of the majority of people who still give a damn about the case.

Even if I didn't think the Ramseys have knowledge about JonBenet's murder, I would still feel it's poor taste for Ramsey to believe he's been vindicated in the public's eye and will be accepted without question. It's not going to happen, and he's making a mockery out of a serious process, IMO.

4. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

No. John Ramsey was born in Nebraska. He lived in Nebraska until he was at least eleven. John Ramsey is a native of Nebraska. He is no more a native of Michigan than he is a native of Georgia, where he has lived for more years than he ever lived in Michigan. "Carpetbagger" is exactly the right political term to describe him as regards his campaign in Michigan.

5. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

It should also be noted that John Ramsey has a habit of suing papers if they say anything he doesn't like. It has been suggested that this is Wood's way of developing more lawsuits. However if John throws his hat in the ring I would assume he will be on a whole different level as far as libel goes.

All anyone needs to do is look at the records of the JonBenet Ramsey Foundation to see what a shell of a foundation it really was. That SHOULD be a BIG issue. It goes to his credibility and his ability to run something as simple as a small foundation.

What does John Ramsey know about the people in his district? NOTHING.

It will be a media circus and Lin Wood can't protect him.

6. Tricia

One thing I did find out is John Ramsey says he can "bring jobs" to Michigan.

Does anyone know how to check to see if companies outsouce their work?

7. Watching You

Oh, now you've gone too far, Tricia. Of course Ramsey will bring jobs to Michigan. He's bringing in his dear friend Susan Stine, who will open a consulting company that will instruct people how to pass oneself off in e-mails as Chief of Police and get away with it. It should be quite successful among the criminal element in Michigan. A worthy project, to be sure. So stop dissing my man Ramsey.

8. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Dammit, y'all quit making fun of these poor, poor pitiful victims of crime. Why, of course they can create all kinds of new jobs in the area just by throwing a few big parties where the aluminum cans from the beverages, once discarded, could probably pay the wages of some poor can-squishing family for at least a month. And just think of the possibilities if they carried on their behaviour to include heaving the cans out of the windows of their vehicles while on holiday in the area. Why, once the public latched onto this concept, many families could find a source of income just picking up the cans and recycling them. Tsk, Tsk, people. Are we that far below the Rams that we do not see the potential here? (Now where's that Area 51 smiley...) (okay,...) :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

9. Watching You

Well, you know, we are beer can collectors, according to John Ramsey, so I think we already have the rights on that one. However, I suspect there may be a need for strippers to entertain the Ramseys and Stines as they drink their toddies while gleefully aiming their shotgun at the papparazzi from their second floor verandas.

10. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

I do think that the MI media needs to be provided copies of the petition and supporting documentation, along with copies of all newspaper articles covering the presentation. They need to be made aware that the death of JonBenet Ramsey is in no way just historical, swept under the rug by these litigious suspects who are STILL under the umbrella of suspicion, spurned on by their slap happy predatory lawyer.

The mere fact that the Ramseys are plaintiffs in a very active and current civil suit against Fox over the still unsolved murder of their daughter should be enough to support the GOP concern for media feeding frenzy should John run. But with all the current media attention thanks to the petition presentation, their concerns would be even more appropriate.

Think of his family? Hell, if John Ramsey had any thought whatsoever for the welfare of his family, he'd still be in Boulder cooperating with the police, funding the JBR Foundation and looking for that elusive intruder instead of "moving on" and running for office. That alone tells us how little Ramsey thinks of the welfare of his family, much less "that child."

Now if Marc Klaas ran for office, I'd support him 1000%....

11. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Maybe JR has an "in" with Electronic Data Systems?

Texas Company Cutting Michigan Jobs

May 3, 2004 7:34 am US/Central
    Electronic Data Systems says it's cutting 950 jobs in Michigan over the next two months. That would reduce its state work force to 12,000 people. Plano, Texas-based EDS is one of Michigan's leading high-tech employers. EDS once was owned by General Motors and has eliminated 5,000 Michigan jobs since 1999. GM spun off EDS in 1996, but the computer services company has retained a high level of business with its former owner. ------ On the Net: Electronic Data Systems Corp.: http://www.eds.com

http://keyetv.com/localnews/local_story_124083728.html

12. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

but I thought -

His mission for the rest of his life was to find JonBenet's murderer. But wait - it is to fix the way the media handles news stories, isn't it?
    Maybe he has already finished the first mission (it was an inside job in his own words) and he has certainly tried to stifle the first amendment. Maybe it IS time for him to move on to his next mission in life.

13. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Yeah, and if he can bring jobs to Michigan, why hasn't he found one for himself in the last 8 years? Oh yeah, suing everybody who even breathes the name Ramsey WAS his income-producing job, I forgot! Speaking engagements to promote the Ramseys as "survivors", well, all but ONE, is another source of income as well as attention and rallying support for their "somebody else did it" defense. On second thought, Mr. Ramsey has been a very hard-working little sucker, n'est-ce pas? And it's all been for the good of his family, murdered children and their families everywhere and potential constituents. Yeah, and I'm the queen of England.....I got your job right here, Mr. Ramsey. Making license plates in the CO state pen. Come and get it!

14. purr

purr Active Member

EDS is the company i worked for while i lived in

the Dallas/Plano area.

i met Ross Perot many times. in fact, my first job at EDS
    was reading all the resumes that were mailed specifically to Ross.

and because of that and more..........
    i have many tales to tell about that company.

i worked there over 15 years.
    the company was good to me until
    they laid me off.

and many of the jobs i had while being there.....
    i had to interact with the GM employees in
    michigan everyday.

EDS was a great company...now a good company.
    too bad they are always laying people off.....

but yes, they keep rearranging the company and
    OUTSOURCING..........and OUTSOURCING!!!!

very interesting to read what JR posted,
    purr

p.s. i was in their first commercial they ever made that
    was featured nationally and internationally.
    dont blink twice, or you will miss me.

i worked in the network control room
    for over 6 years. the picture does
    not do it justice...it's a huge room
    bigger than the NASA big screen room.

Attached Files:

15. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Maybe John knows the issues regarding population control.

RR

16. Ginja

Ginja Member

I'd take it further...

And make sure the MI GOP gets the above. Perhaps a 'special' copy of all to his opponents who definitely don't want him running....fuel their campaign!

17. Aurora

Aurora Member

Ramsey to announce

This is an article from last Sunday's paper. I thought it was the same old...stuff so didn't post it. However, maybe it will shed light on Ramsey's plans..

Ramsey to announce

Charlevoix businessman John Ramsey, known nationally for a 1996 family tragedy when he lived in Colorado, said Saturday he is "on track" to announce next week that he will enter term-limited Rep. Ken Bradstreet, R-Gaylord.

It is fair to say I intend to run," said Ramsey, 60, who will announce a decision on May 11, the filing deadline.

Ramsey said he wants to work on improving Michigan's business climate and finding ways to help get capitol for new ventures in northern Michigan.

Bradstreet said he will endorse in the primary, which is expected to have at least five candidates, and he will support a Bradstreet aid, Craig Ryan of Gaylord, if he runs.

But if Ramsey wins the primary in the solidly Republican four-country district, Bradstreet said, "I will seriously consider" endorsing the Democratic nominee "if that person is a good conservative."

Bradstreet believes there would be too much media focus on the unsolved murder of Ramsey's 6 year old daughter, Jon Benet. He also said Ramsey, who has had a summer residence in Charlevoix sine 1992, is too new as a permanent resident to be "a good match" for the district.

So...it appears Bradstreet and Ryan know all they want to about Ramsey's.

Maybe John and Patsy could start a business how to beat a lie detector . I am sure the business that he creates by running will be money in the pockets of photographers and reporters covering this farce.

Tricia ....the next trip may be Charlevoix for you! Who all wants to come and lead a protest should Ramsey toss in his hat?

18. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

19. Tricia

OMG

I just read the "status" of the "tragedy" on his page.

What a bunch of lies. He talks about the DNA and the 10 marker being identified and the Judge Carnes ruling..

Oh God I need to turn off the computer today. I really do.

Tricia

20. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice