John Ramsey needs your help!!!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, May 5, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Thanks to the wonderful Jayelles for finding this.

http://www.supportramsey.com

I would like everyone to click on this website that John Ramsey set up. Especially read what he has to say about the "that issue."

I still haven't calmed down.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Political races can get pretty dirty. I suspect his opponents will be looking for anything to use against him. Maybe they are reading FFJ to get the REAL truth on his fantasies (otherwise known as untruths). Perhaps one of them will ask him to prove the claims that there is no doubt the incomplete, degraded DNA belonged to an intruder since he's using it as a sympathy ploy for votes. Of course, there is no way he can prove that. There is no way anyone can prove it. It's bull$hit. :curses:

3. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Hey WY, the BULL can prove it! LOL

Thanks, Jayelles and Tricia, for posting this website link. It's making me crazy...ok, crazier than I already am, just reading it. But I'm in the middle of a way-too-hectic day, so will take the time later to configure an appropriate, and hopefully intelligent, response.

4. Vic

Vic Active Member

I'm practically speechless...

Wednesday, April 21, 2004
    Although John Ramsey was a successful businessman, he spent a great deal of his savings defending himself from false allegations. In order to be a strong voice for Northern Michigan, he is going to have to rely on small contributions from caring individuals such as you.

These people are nuts! Asking for money because he had to 'defend' himself and then putting in this little gem?? Last time I looked, any kind of vehicle restoration was expensive, planes are probably at the top of the list!

John Ramsey still enjoys recreational flying to this day. He is a Commercial rated pilot and a Certificated Flight Instructor with over 3000 flight hours. He recently completed the restoration of a 1956 BeechCraft Twin Bonanza, which he obtained two years ago, having been "abandoned" by the previous owner to bird's nests and decay.

5. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Great observations Vic.

Hey Vic if your not busy on May 1th you have been invited to a party.

From the support John Ramsey website:

Announcement Rally
    Press and Public Invited to Announcement Rally
    Tuesday, May 04, 2004

The public and press are invited to attend an Official Announcement Rally for:

John B. Ramsey

Featuring the Charlevoix High School Jazz Band

Free Pop and Hot Dogs

regarding his decision of whether or not to run for State Representative in the 105th District of Michigan representing Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, and Otsego counties.

Tuesday, May 11th, 2004

5:15pm

106 West Carpenter (next to Flap Jack)

Charlevoix, MI

Online Donations and Volunteers Appreciated!

Please click here to donate.

Please click here to volunteer.

Please click here to forward this to a friend.

Please RSVP via email for this FREE event:

john@supportRamsey.com or by phone (231) 237 9704 or fax (231) 547-9240.

Paid for by Friends to Elect John Ramsey
    `````````````````````````````````
    I feel a parody coming on. I can't help myself.

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

speaking of wienies:nsf:

7. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Not really

Can't take any credit for this. I read it at jameson's. I guess she or one of her members is on some campaign mailing list.

8. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

They don't remember how to spell JonBenet

All the way down the page her name is spelled Jonbene't? ________________________________________________________________
    Status
    Update
    Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Many caring individuals have reached out to the Ramsey family and ask about the status of the investigation into the murder of their beloved daughter, Jonbene’t. The case is finally in the hands of very experienced homicide detectives under the direction of the District Attorney’s office in Boulder, Colorado.

On December 11th, 2003, the family was advised by the D.A.’s investigative team that the Denver Police Department DNA lab had successfully identified the 10th DNA marker from the blood samples found on the underwear of Jonbene’t. Consequently, all of the state and federal DNA data systems now have the entire profile of the unknown deposit thanks to the identification of the 10th marker. The sample will eventually be exported to the Canadian and European Database as well. DNA samples from known felons and crime scene evidence are being added to the national database daily. There is a huge backlog of crime scene and known felon samples waiting to be entered into the database and unfortunately some states do not even participate in the national database system.

The family remains hopeful and has full confidence in the ability and dedication of the experienced team assembled by District Attorney Keenan. It is the current understanding of the family that the investigation team considers this male DNA sample to be the key piece of evidence and was, without a doubt, left behind by the killer of their child.

The investigation is active and ongoing; any specific questions should be directed to the District Attorney’s office in Boulder which has complete jurisdiction over the investigation of this case.

On the issue of correcting the many untruths that surrounded this family when the case was in the hands of the local police, there have been a number of positive developments, among those, as follows:

1) In December 2002 the Boulder District Attorney, Mary Keenan, removed the case from the jurisdiction of the local Police Department and stated the following:

a. “the Boulder Police Department has done an exhaustive and thorough investigation of the Ramsey’s as potential suspectsâ€

b. “a violent child murderer is at largeâ€

c. “Our efforts will focus on following up leads that had not previously been investigated or that are brought to our attention in the future.â€

2) In March of 2003, United States District Judge Julie E Carnes issued a lengthy report which stated, among other things:

a. “the weight of the evidence is more consistent with the theory that an intruder murdered Jonbene’t, than it is with the theory that Mrs. Ramsey did soâ€

3) In a April 2003, AP story by Robert Weller, Judge Carnes was quoted as saying:

a. “there is virtually no evidence to support plaintiff’s (and police) theory that they (Ramsey’s) murdered their child, but abundant evidence to support their belief that an intruder entered their home at some point during the night of December 25th, 1996 and killed their daughter.â€

4) In May 2003, Boulder District Attorney Mary Keenan issued a letter stating that:

a. “I agree with the court’s (Judge Carnes’) conclusionâ€

b. “Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey have not even been charged, much less convicted, they must be presumed innocent and must be treated accordingly.â€

c. “My office has been investigating new and other unpursued leadsâ€

d. “We are proceeding with the full cooperation of the Ramseys, Detective Lou Smit and the Boulder Police Department.â€

5) Beginning in 1999, the Ramsey family filed a number of slander and defamation suits in federal court, both in New York and Atlanta, against the most egregious of the media including The Globe, Star Magazine, TIME, New York Post, Court TV, and Steve Thomas/St. Martin Publishers, all of which have been settled in the family’s favor. A suit filed in December 2002 against Fox News for slander with malice remains outstanding and the family fully expects to prevail.

9. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

What a media whore

http://www.record-eagle.com/2004/may/09week.htm

This just in (9 hours ago)

'Looks like' Ramsey will run for House
    LANSING - It "looks like" the father of slain 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey will run for the Michigan House, his campaign manager said Tuesday.
    "He's very strongly leaning toward running," John Ramsey's campaign manager John Yob said. "We're moving forward as if he is going to run."
    However, Yob said Ramsey won't make an official announcement on his candidacy for the 105th House District until the filing deadline this week. Ramsey will announce his decision at 5:15 p.m. Tuesday in Charlevoix, he said.
    Ramsey, who is a Republican, is talking about his campaign to leaders and residents of different communities in the 105th House District, which covers all of Otsego, Antrim and Charlevoix counties and most of Cheboygan County.

10. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

A COLORFUL PAST

A remote piece of Michigan's 105th House District that John Ramsey would hope to represent was once under the rule of a king. That would be King James Jesse Strang of Beaver Island.

Around 1848, Strang led a Mormon colony to the island. His constituency elected him to the state legislature, but he crowned himself king, strutting through his woodsy domain in a robe left over from a Shakespearean production and a crown fashioned from cardboard.

Two disgruntled followers eventually assassinated him in 1856.

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_2870577,00.html

11. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Todays news articles on google

Ramsey dad to run for public office
    From correspondents in Detroit, Michigan
    May 12, 2004
    THE father of slain American child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey is expected to announce today that he is running for public office in the Midwestern US state of Michigan, officials said.

John Ramsey will kick off his campaign for a seat in the Michigan state legislature at a press conference later today, according to a spokesman for the Michigan Republican Party.
    The 60-year-old businessman will be one of a field of five Republican candidates vying for a seat in the state House of Representatives, but he will likely be the one with the most name recognition.
    Ramsey and his wife, Patsy Ramsey, came to public attention amid the lurid scandal over the death of their daughter JonBenet at their home in Boulder, Colorado, in December 1996.
    The couple always contended that an intruder beat and strangled the six-year-old and dumped her body in the basement of their home, but the case has never been solved and many media reports cast suspicion on the Ramseys.

In an interview with USA Today, Ramsey said his political ambitions grew out of a desire to use his notoriety to some positive end.
    "We've been talking for a number of years about what we are supposed to do with this unique platform we've been given," he told the newspaper. "I thought this is how I could really make a difference."
    Ramsey hopes to represent a district surrounding Charlevoix, in northwestern Michigan, where the family has a summer home.
    The deadline for filing papers with the Michigan Secretary of State's office is 4pm local time today (6am AEST Wednesday).
    In an interview with USA Today, Ramsey said his political ambitions grew out of a desire to use his notoriety to some positive end.
    "We've been talking for a number of years about what we are supposed to do with this unique platform we've been given," he told the newspaper. "I thought this is how I could really make a difference."
    Ramsey hopes to represent a district surrounding Charlevoix, in northwestern Michigan, where the family has a summer home.
    The deadline for filing papers with the Michigan Secretary of State's office is 4pm local time today (6am AEST Wednesday).

12. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

JonBenet Ramsey's dad to seek office

Petosky, MI, May. 11 (UPI) -- Tuesday is the deadline for John Ramsey, the father of murdered child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey, to file for a Michigan state legislative seat.

Ramsey was expected to file papers by the day's end to run as a Republican in the August primary of Michigan's 105th House legislative district, the Petoskey News-Review reported.

JonBenet was found dead in the basement of the family's Boulder, Colo., home in December 1996. Her murder has never be solved.

The northern Michigan district Ramsey was reportedly interested in includes all or parts of Antrim, Charlevoix, Otsego and Cheboygan counties.

Ramsey would become part of an already crowded field in the GOP primary, which already includes Craig Ryan of Gaylord, Kevin Elsenheimer, a municipal attorney from Bellaire; Bonnie Nothoff, a dental hygienist from Kewadin; and Jeff Garfield, an Otsego County commissioner.

Incumbent Ken Bradstreet cannot run because of term limits.

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040511-094933-7925r.htm

13. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Ramsey files to run for Michigan state House

Ramsey files to run for Michigan state House

By TIM MARTIN
    The Associated Press
    5/11/2004, 4:36 p.m. ET

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — John Ramsey, father of slain child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey, filed to run for the Michigan state House on Tuesday, the last day to file for the Aug. 3 primary election.

Ramsey is one of six Republicans and two Democrats running for the northwestern Lower Peninsula seat representing Antrim, Charlevoix and Otsego counties and part of Cheboygan County. The seat is now held by state Rep. Ken Bradstreet, a Gaylord Republican who can't run again because of term limits.

Ramsey planned to formally announce his candidacy at a Tuesday evening rally in Charlevoix, where his family has lived full-time since last fall after living in Colorado and Georgia. Cable TV talk host Larry King plans to have Ramsey on his show Wednesday night to discuss Ramsey's approach to job creation in northern Michigan.

"It's most unusual to have a celebrity — however you want to characterize that — running for the state Legislature in Michigan," said Craig Ruff of Public Sector Consultants, a Lansing think tank. "The national media will have a field day. So will state media."

The Ramsey family became the focus of intense media scrutiny after their daughter, JonBenet, was found dead in the basement of the family's Boulder, Colo., home in December 1996. No one was ever charged in the 6-year-old's death.

Tuesday was the filing deadline in Michigan to run for federal, state and local offices, including the 110-member state House. Thirty-seven House members can't run again because they have served their maximum stint of three two-year terms allowed under term limits.

Fourteen of the 15 U.S. House members filed for re-election. U.S. Rep. Nick Smith, R-Addison, had decided to step down, causing six Republicans to run for the seat in the GOP-leaning 7th District. Three Democrats also had filed by late afternoon.

14. Watching You

Ramsey has no prior political experience, and he is surrounded by controversy in his daughter's unsolved murder case. He's like a loose cannon - you never know when it's all going to blow up in your face.

Even if I didn't know the things I know about him, I wouldn't vote for him just because of these reasons. Government has enough problems without inviting more.

15. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

WY: I think that's what he's hoping will win him the election, to be quite honest I know that's what he depends on- the notoriety he recieved after his daughter was murdered is something he's using as a springboard into politics, it's one thing to try to make something good come as the result of a slaying (like John Walsh and America's Most Wanted) but a complete other to enter politics because he think's enough people know him.
    --USA Today article--
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-05-10-ramsey-campaign_x.htm

"We've been talking for a number of years about what we are supposed to do with this unique platform we've been given," he said in an interview Monday. "I thought this is how I could really make a difference."

He doesn't want to make a difference where the crime happened because nobody in Boulder believes a word they say accept the people they went to church with, that's strange enough in itself to ask some questions. He went to Michigan peddling his wares because murder and rape are very common out there and so his speeches about how he wants to make a difference are more likely to be 'understood' by those who've lost someone to murder or are just affected by it in general; he's lied and told people be was born there until he was called a 'carpetbagger'

Car´pet`bag`ger
    Noun 1. carpetbagger - an outsider who seeks power or success presumptuously

16. Watching You

Funny you should mention that, DejaVu. My own personal belief is that Ramsey is counting on the sympathy vote - that poor man, after all that family has been through, being falsely accused of being involved in their daughter's murder, why I'll just vote for him to help make up for all those awful people, because he deserves something good to happen to him, now.

I know, it's crap, but there are a lot of uninformed and just plain really stupid people in this world.

17. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

God! you know what you're talking about!!
    I thought of that too, all those people who don't have a real clue because they have just never read into it any further than a few media accounts, if they rely solely on the media they are being swayed by the fact that news stories are rarely long enough to get into the detail that we get into on the forums.

It's a shame the media has been used in so many different ways with these people, the media should treat them accordingly.

18. Watching You

You betcha, JustinCase, the Ramseys love the pity me thing. Have you ever heard Patsy talk where she wasn't whining? I don't think I've ever heard either one of them talk about how much they miss JonBenet without whining about how mistreated they have been. All the crockumentaries, the interviews - it's all been about po' Ramseys. They eat that pity stuff right up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice