Bootman again

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, May 13, 2004.

1. Spade

Spade Member

The baby killer assistants are dragging Michael Helgoth under the bus again. SueSwamp claims that Tracey and the NE are naming him a "prime suspect". If this is true, they are beyond stupid. I saved this from the AP wire in November of 2000:

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) :(:( A shoe print found near JonBenet Ramsey's body
    didn't come from a pair of boots John and Patsy Ramsey thought might be connected to their daughter's slaying, police said.

The boots belonged to a Boulder County man who committed suicide in
    February 1997, a couple of months after the 6-year-old beauty queen was
    found beaten and strangled in the basement of her home.
    The Ramseys gave police the boots in August after their private
    investigator, Ollie Gray, obtained them. Gray said the boots could have
    belonged to JonBenet's killer.

But Police Chief Mark Beckner said the boots didn't make the partial print
    found in the basement. DNA tests and interviews with the dead man's
    friends and family also led police to conclude he wasn't involved in the
    slaying. "There is nothing that ties this guy into the case," Beckner said.

The Ramseys remain under suspicion in their daughter's death. They have
    said they believe an intruder killed the girl.
    AP-WS-11-21-00 1526EST

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

3. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I know you can't sue a dead man but I am wondering if his parents can sue because of the stress they are going through.

This is a lie. If the Ramseys had one grain of decency in their body they would say so.

The DNA DOES NOT MATCH HELGOTH. I don't know what the hell is up with the Enquirer.

Does anyone feel like they are shouting into the wind?

A dear friend in the legal field told me last week to go read Man of La Mancha again. He is a total smart :behind: I know he wants us to understand the "fighting windmills" train of thought but I just can't.

We just can't stop. I can tell you that slowly, a few people, are beginning to see what the Ramseys are really like. Now if they can only get up the courage to come forward and tell the truth.

4. Spade

Spade Member

48 Hours

A minimum amount of fact checking would have disclosed that 48 hours had already gone through a FW to Bootman to Churchmouse mutation at the excellent advice of their legal council. IMO this is a continuation of a confederacy of the dunces Tracey and Gentile.

5. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Bootman Gets the Boot

Let me help, Trish.

When we first heard that Keenan was confiscating the case from BPD, I posted personal concerns that either some innocent homeless man would be falsely charged and prosecuted or that Keenan et al would look for some way to "prove" some decedent was "good for it," whether Mr. Helgoth or Santa Bill. Both strategies would put an end to this nightmare for everyone without anyone important getting hurt, yet resurrecting themselves as "I told you so" victims of the "scathing" forum and media "scandal mongers."

We also know, thanks to media coverage, that Lou Smit was and always has been THE investigator brought into this case to spin the intruder theory and "identify the killer." Lou officially entered the case in early 1997. Shortly thereafter, the Ramseys established the long defunct JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation and ran an ad in the name of same soliciting any information regarding a well-dressed man who was allegedly going around Boulder approaching children at Christmas time, 1996. Miraculously, Lou Smit publicly "identified" THIS killer:

"Another possible suspect is Gary Olivia, a transient with a history of child molestation, who was seen in the Boulder area in December 1996. Carnes wrote that Olivia picked up his mail one block from the Ramsey home and was present at JonBenet’s memorial service."
    http://www.longmontfyi.com/ramsey/storyDetail03.asp?ID=26

Carnes, as this article further states, got this bit of information on Gary Olivia from Lou Smit. Note the ONLY reasons this poor man became Lou's perp-du-jour was because he'd been seen in the area, no doubt picking up his mail at some strip mall in the 'hood, and attended JB's memorial service. Is that "evidence" to connect this man to a murder or does it just create an appearance of vague familiarity? Carnes failed to mention in her opinion that BPD investigated Lou's "lead" and determined that Mr. Olivia had no connection to the case, or that Lou Smit never countered that investigative conclusion with any evidence of his own incriminating Mr. Olivia. Why? Because none exists.

So with Mr. Olivia knocked out of the running for perp of the year, Lou Smit then sent Ollie Gray into "breaking and entering mode" to present Mr. Helgoth's "Hi-Tec" boots and stun gun to the case, just in time to support his ridiculous stun gun theory.

Suddenly, Mr. Helgoth now became THE KILLER du jour and the Ramseys obediently switched tracks to declare they too are convinced that Mr. Helgoth was THE KILLER:

"John Ramsey Deposition
    Wolf v Ramsey Lawsuit
    Date of Deposition = December 12, 2001
    Source: Daily Camera Newspaper

Excerpt:

Q. (By Mr. Hoffman) Okay. Now, do you remember who it was that you were - that you made the statement, This is it, this is the killer? Do you remember who that person was, the investigator that had shown you material on it?
    A. Yes.
    Q. Can you name that person?
    A. I don't recall his first name. Helgoth was his last name, a fellow that committed suicide on Valentine's Day, the day that Alex Hunter told the world that they were going to get the killer."

Yet once again, Judge Carnes discloses Mr. Helgoth was ID'd as a suspect by, once again, Lou Smit. Yet she never considers that THIS lead was also unfounded via BPD investigation, but that's ok, she wasn't presented this information and anyway, Lou Smit would have just "impeached" it claiming BPD didn't do a thorough job of it anyway. Kinda like the Ramseys and Smit didn't follow through on their job of confirming stun gun marks on the body because the Ramseys refused to exhume it for further testing.

Nevertheless, Helgoth has continued to be dragged through the mud. How could John Ramsey possibly KNOW that Michael Helgoth was THE killer? Good question!

"Q. Now, I want to ask you, in the statement, there is a reference to an early lead. What kind of lead was it? Was it - you know, specifically. Since you weren't shown any files.
    MR. WOOD: Do you mean how was he imparted, the information imparted to him by Helgoth?
    MR. HOFFMAN: Yes. I had asked him earlier if he ever had an opportunity to review any of the investigative files on any of the murder suspects.
    MR. WOOD: No, you didn't. You asked him if he had ever reviewed any investigative reports.
    MR. HOFFMAN: All right. Reports.
    MR. WOOD: And now you are asking him how he obtained the information about Helgoth?
    MR. HOFFMAN: Uh-huh, yes. If he hadn't seen any investigative reports.
    THE WITNESS: I think - I don't recall specifically whether my attorney told me about him or one of the investigators, but typically I communicated with my attorney.
    Q. (By Mr. Hoffman) Were you actually shown evidence or were you just simply given a summary?
    A. I have not seen any evidence that the police have.
    Q. Any evidence that your investigators have?
    A. I have seen a few things relating to your client. I don't know that I have seen anything relating to Helgoth.
    Q. All right. Were you involved in directing the activities of these investigators that were working on your behalf?
    A. I was not.
    Q. Then what was, basically, your association with the private investigation of the potential suspects in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey?
    A. The investigators were retained by our attorneys, and they stated to me that the principal purpose of those investigators was to prepare a defense in the case that the police might bring a charge against me. I hoped that they would also follow up on leads that came to us, but I was frequently reminded by our attorneys that their principal role was to prepare a defense should that be necessary."

Again, BPD went into investigative mode, thoroughly checking out yet another perp offering from Lou Smit. And again, BPD could find no logical, reasonable connection between Helgoth and JonBenet Ramsey's murder. And again, Lou Smit offered up no subsequent evidence to support his contentions that Mr. Helgoth was now THE intruder. We do know that Burke testified to the GJ that he himself owned "Hi-Tec" shoes which could very well have left THE partial footprint. As for the stun gun, well, that theory was long ago debunked.

So now what's poor Lou Smit to do? The Ramseys no doubt looked to Lou to once again tell them just who would get their backsides off the hook. Gee, Chris Wolf then became elevated to THE KILLER status, and the Ramseys were oh so convinced that Mr. Wolf just had to be him!

"04/14/2003
    If not Patsy Ramsey, who? The unusual suspects
    By Travis Henry
    The Daily Times-Call

According to Carnes, Wolf was identified as a possible suspect by guess who? Detective Lou Smit, who said there were too many “unanswered questions†about him."
    http://www.longmontfyi.com/ramsey/storyDetail03.asp?ID=26

And guess what else? Judge Carnes never mentioned in her opinion that BPD thoroughly investigated Chris Wolf and dismissed him as a possible suspect. Why, how could they when Smit, and coincidently Judge Carnes, were relying on Wolf's girlfriend, a sometimes prostitute with her own axe to grind against Mr. Wolf, as their ONLY source, just as they did Kenady, Mr. Helgoth's druggie friend turned paid informant.

Please note the portion of John Ramsey's deposition wherein Mr. Ramsey himself tells us in plain English:

What is the oldest defense story on the books? Somebody else did it!

Lou Smit has been in control of this case all along, and has led the Ramseys (and the BDA) around by the nose, while they dutifully back up one after the other of Lou's fantasmagorical theories and targeted perps that rely solely on incredible resources like drug addicts and parttime hookers who'd probably sell their souls for money, all the while proclaiming incredibly skilled, experienced, embedded and profoundly reliant homicide experts like the FBI, Vidocq, Cyril Wecht and others who disagree with Lou Smit "biased," "unprofessional" and "just out to get the Ramseys." Amazing that this line of defense has succeeded this far!

As I have posted so many times over the years in so many threads, including here at FFJ, Lou Smit was brought into the case by Haddon Morgan Foreman via Alex Hunter for the sole purpose of creating a defense case against potential charges that were obviously forthcoming (had Hunter not crawled in bed with the Ramseys).

The intruder theory hasn't changed one iota in 7 1/2 years. Only the face and name of it has, unsuccessfully, until today, thanks to the mysterious DNA that suddenly developed a 10th marker under the very professional tutelage of Mary Keenan but has yet to be sourced to any known male, is now being touted by John Ramsey in recent statements as belonging to THE killer who just doesn't have a name yet. Where's Lou?

Why hasn't Lou Smit ever expanded his intruder theory or ever offered any further evidence to support his constantly changing identification of THE killer as each have been investigated and logically defeated by BPD?

Why hasn't the miraculous DNA been tested against BPD's collection of DNA samples from Olivia, Wolf and possibly Helgoth, and all the others? Because undoubtedly that DNA would not match and therefore would wipe out ALL of Lou's perp-pool in one fell swoop! Good God, Mary Keenan, please don't close THAT door to the Ramseys and Lou Smit or else you just might have to charge them....

The intruder theory, no matter what face and name Lou has placed on it over the years, was to serve one purpose and one purpose only- as a defense-to create reasonable doubt, NOT PROOF, sufficient to get the Ramseys off the hook.

Even the Ramseys have claimed that it worked, at least with the grand jury. So you see, it doesn't matter that there is no evidence, and never has been, that any intruder committed this crime. It doesn't matter that there is no evidence, and never has been, that Michael Helgoth, or Chris Wolf, or Gary Olivia, or anyone else for that matter, is THE intruder, THE killer. That was not the point-to derive evidence. The point was to create sufficient reasonable doubt, that's all. And it doesn't take proof (evidence) to create reasonable doubt. All it takes is some allegedly crackerjack retired detective to SAY there's an intruder, to SAY it's Helgoth or Wolf or Olivia, and, ON HIS WORD ALONE repeated over and over again, like the Ramseys, like Judge Carnes, like Lin Wood, like the other RST members, and incredibly like the BDA under Hunter and now Keenan, the rest of planet earth is supposed to "just believe and obey" as well.

And as to your question, who is leaking information out of the BDA currently on this case? The answer, aside from the obvious statement by Lin Wood that HIS source for a lot of inside case information is Mary Keenan, the only other logical answer is THE investigator whom Alex Hunter allowed to walk away with all the case data.

I think the award for "THE Intruder" rightfully belongs to THE investigator, who intruded on the quest for justice for a brutally murdered 6 year old child, intruded on the sanctity of the American jurisprudence system, intruded on the intellect of mainstream America, intruded on his duty as a sworn officer of the law, intruded on the innocent names of many, and intruded on JonBenet's right to childhood trust and naivete, to do the job he was hired and paid to do.

And as for Michael Tracy's crock-countercrock efforts, I challenge him AND Lou Smit to provide any substantiation for resurrecting poor Mr. Helgoth's name from the grave to yet again smear it all over the front page. Put up or shut, once and for all, cuz the majority of the thinking world ain't buying your reasonable doubt.

Last edited: May 14, 2004
  6. Spade

Spade Member

Dead Guys

McReynolds to Helgoth...the slander of the dead continues. Is there a clinical name for this perversion?

IMO...A major reason to take this case away from the Boulder DA's office.

7. Spade

Spade Member

The NE slander

Thanks to RickAMorti1 at Purgatory:

NE: 5/24 JONBENET KILLER COMMITS SUICIDE

Authorities have ignored suspect for years!

By Don Gentile and John South

new pictures: Photo's of Helgoth' s body, dead, with stun gun and tape recorder near- by picture also of his Hi Tec boots

synopsis

The man who killed 6 year old JonBenet Ramsey has committed suicide, the NE has learned exclusively. And what's more he may have left a deathbed confession!

That's the stunning evidence the NE has uncovered in a new investigation of the little beauty queen's Christmas 1996 murder in Boulder.

During our probe, NE obtained police photos taken at the scene of the suicide. They reveal clues that link the victim - 26 year old auto junkyard worker Michael Helgoth-to JonBenet's brutal slaying.

Clearly visible are a pair of Hi-Tec boots and a stun gun, items at the center of the JonBenet case.

Another item also stands out- a mini-cassette recorder that vanished and authorities looking for it say there could be a confession on it.

The NE also learned that home videos found hidden in Helgoth's house show random shots of young girls- and a news clip on the still-unsolved 1993 kidnapping and murder of another Colorado girl.

And NE discovered that Helgoth told a friend he was involved in JonBenet's murder.

Helgoth-his body festooned with tattoos of the Grim Reaper bearing the word "Next?" and a skeleton dripping blood--shot himself dead in his Boulder home on Valentine's Day 1997.

The day before, then Boulder DA Alex Hunter had issued a warning to the killer he was hunting during a televised news conference.

"We will see that justice is served in this case and that you pay for what you did," Hunter said."

Helgoth first came to the attention of authorities shortly after his suicide. At the time, legendary Colorado Springs Detective Lou Smit was working with the Boulder police, bringing his years of experience to the JonBenet investigation.

"snip"

Hunter's speech was strictly motivational. It was made to get the murderer to reveal himself," Colorado private investigator Ollie Gray told the NE. Gray, who teamed up with Smit to work on behalf of JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy, said Smit "picked up on Helgoth's suicide."

"snip"

"Boulder police didn't let Lou do any legwork and the cops did not want to follow Helgoth's tail," said a source close to the DA's office. As Smit coped with frustration, John Kenady, a friend and co-worker of Helgoth, grappled with his conscience.

Kenady, 50, told the NE that before Helgoth's suicide, his friend "told me he knew something about JonBenet's death, that he was involved, that it was a kidnapping gone bad. "Mike had a little bit of moral consciousness. It seemed to me he wanted to confess."

Three weeks after Helgoth's suicide, Kenady said he sat down with Boulder Detective Jane Harmer, one of the cops investigating JonBenet's murder. "She took my information and never contacted me again," said Kenady.

As the years passed, Helgoth was lost to memory. Lou Smit quit his advisory role with the Boulder police and joined by Ollie Gray- began to work on behalf of the Ramseys, convinced of their innocence.

The pair came up with strong evidence that a stun gun was used to subdue JonBenet. Smit showed that an intruder could have gotten into the Ramsey home through a basement window well. He also revealed that DNA found on JonBenet's underwear and under her fingernails matched no one in the Ramsey home.

By summer of 2002, Smit and Gray began to tke a closer look at Helgoth and their eyes widened as they saw the stun gun and Hi-Tec boots in the police photo's of the suicide.

An imprint of the Hi_Tec logo, which is stamped on the bottom of the firm's footwear, was a crucial clue in the JonBenet Case. It was found in mold on the basement floor where JonBenet's sexually assaulted body was discovered with her head bashed in and a leash-like device drawn tightly around her neck.

The tape recorder piqued Gray's interest. "It's right near Helgoth's body," said Gray. What was on it - a deathbed confession?"

The Boulder County Sheriff's Department was the agency that investigated Helgoth's death but Gray said they never paid attention to the tape recorder. "They didn't take it into evidence or even push the play button," said Gray. "Now to me that's Criminal Investigation 101. Where is that tape recorder?"

As they reviewed case files of the JonBenet case, Smit found mention of John Kenady, the Helgoth friend who'd been interviewed by Boulder police in 1997.

"I got a call from Lou Smit asking me about the boots and the stun gun and the tape recorder," Kenady told the NE. "They were never taken into evidence and Lou said he wished he had those things."

Kenady decided to help. The boots were still in the possession of a Helgoth family member, so Kenady asked if he could have them. Through a lawyer, he got them to Ollie Gray.

Then he went one step further. He risked arrest by breaking into Helgoth's home which was about to make room for a park. "I was looking for evidence," said Kenady. He took home videos and papers that had Helgoth's handwriting for possible comparison to the ransom note left at the scene of JonBenet's murder.

"It was strange where the videos were located," said Kenady. Refusing to be more specific, he said they were hidden, "Like they were some kind of secret trophy." "The videos were disturbing," said Kenady.

"They were tapes where the camera is focusing on little girls out in public." On one tape is a news clip about the 1993 kidnapping of Alie Berrelez. the 5 year old was playing in front of her family's apartment complex in Englewood, Colo., when she was abducted. Her body was found in a ravine. The case is unsolved.

Kenady was arrested for breaking into Helgoth's home and had to return the items he took to the Helgoth family. He got probation for the crime.

Ollie Gray, however, was able to get the Boulder police interested in testing Helgoth's Hi-Tec boots.

"Police Chief Mark Beckner said the logo on the bottom didn't match the imprint left near JonBenet's body," Gray told the NE.

But the investigator said he couldn't get an answer out of Beckner as to whether the boots were tested for other evidence, including mold like the kind found on the basement floor of the Ramsey home. "All Beckner kept saying was, "no match, no match," said Gray.

Beckner has said that DNA taken from Helgoth in 1997 following his suicide does not match that from the JonBenet crime scene.

But the Boulder police were criticized for mistakes made in the investigation and Gray questioned how thorough the police were. Gray admits the stun gun photographed at the scene of Helgoth's death is not the kind that would produce the tiny rectangular marks found on JonBenet's back.

But from friends of Helgoth, Gray learned the mechanic owned at least three stun guns, including an Air Taser, which when tested by Gray and Smit, made the same marks found on Jonbenet's body.

Friends of Helgoth questioned by the NE say he was deeply troubled before his death. "Towards the end, he was so heavily into drugs he wouldn't go to work and stayed in his room for days,' said Tommy Joe Cantor, a friend and coworker of Helgoth.

Atlanta U.S. District Judge Julie Carnes, who threw out a lawsuit brought by Chris Wolf, a possible suspect in the Ramsey book, mentioned Helgoth her decision.

Relatives of Helgoth vehemently deny he has anything to do with JonBenet's murder. Dick Helgoth said John Kenady is simply spreading stories about Mike."

snip

Purgatory Has the NE first! OK TO COPY TO OTHER FORUMS

Demand that the DA's office speak out!

8. Tricia

NECRO-LIBEL-PHILIA
    The constant need to accuse dead people of murder

PROSE-NECRO-LIBEL-PHILIAC
    A Prosecutor with the uncontrollable compulsion to accuse dead people of murder.

LOUNECRO-LIBEL PHILIAC
    An investigator with the uncontrollable compulsion to accuse dead people of murder rather than look at the evidence.

9. Quinn

Quinn Member

At The Risk Of Sounding Really Stupid- What Is The Purgatory I Keep Reading About.

10. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Let's see:

(1) The bootprint doesn't match.
    (2) The stun gun doesn't match.
    (3) The DNA doesn't match.
    (4) Helgoth's relatives adamantly deny any alleged involvement by Michael in the JonBenet case.
    (5) A drug-using friend with a very long rap sheet, probably would do anything for money, is the only source Smit and Gray rely on.

Like I said, Bootman gets the boot. Why does this chit keep on spinning, even despite this very article impeaching the only "evidence" that has ever been used to support a "Helgoth did it" theory? What part of "no" don't they understand?

Excerpt of transcript from 2000 Steve Thomas chat:

http://crime.about.com/library/weekly/aa111700c.htm

jameson: Steve, thanks for taking the question. Since I have only one, this is it - - "Why wasn't Michael Helgoth's room searched when the sheriff's department advised that he may need to be looked at? (after his suicide - when a stun gun and Hi-Tec boots were clearly visible in the photos of his body..."

stevethomas: Re: photo you mention -- have you seen it? or is it someone "else" who is talking about stun guns and hi-tecs? i agree, if bpd didn't take the opportunity to look at it, even to discount it, it was a missed opportunity. but don't make hay out of something in left field. those inside the case didn't think it was stun gun, based on medical evidence. and the hi-tec boot has inherent chain of custody issues. thanks for the questions, sorry the space allows for only such a short answer.

Yes, it's called "DESPERATE" as in desperate for attention, or desperate to sell newspapers, or desperate to exhonerate the Ramseys, or desperate to close the case, take your pick.

Hi, Quinn! Try http//forums.delphiforums/PurgatoryII/start. Be sure to put on your flame retardant suit before entering....I see Candy is still ranting about how Owens refuses to "take the case" meaning appoint a special prosecutor, claiming he has a choice. It's amazing how Candy can quote Darnay-law so well but when it comes to Pease and the mandates Owens is obligated to enforce, she's as dumb as a box of rocks. Apparently nobody's comprende Anglais today....

Last edited: May 14, 2004
  11. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

October 2000 Daily Camera Article

Suspect facing burglary charges
    By Christopher Anderson
    Daily Camera Staff Writer, Boulder October 25, 2000

A Lafayette man charged with burglary and theft of a Boulder County home told sheriff's deputies he was investigating the unsolved 1996 JonBenét Ramsey homicide.

The suspect in the case is John Edward Kenady, 47, the same person who this summer handed over a pair of Hi-Tec boots to private investigators working for John and Patsy Ramsey.

Boulder police are testing the boots at the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, but do not think they are related to the case.

The source of a partial Hi-Tec bootprint inside the couple's home is one of many unanswered questions in the investigation into the Dec. 1996 homicide of 6-year-old JonBenét Ramsey.

And while the boots Kenady gave investigators belonged to a former resident of the house he allegedly broke into, Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner said Monday the boots are not among the items Kenady is accused of stealing.

Kenady was arrested in Longmont Oct. 10 in connection with breaking into a home in the 4900 block of Valmont Road in July.

He told sheriff's deputies that Boulder Police Detectives Cmdr. Joe Pelle gave him permission to enter the home in the name of investigating the Ramsey case. Pelle said he never gave Kenady permission to break into the home. Kenady also said he feared evidence would be lost because the house was supposed to be demolished.

Police suspect Kenady of kicking in a rear door to the home and taking with him three "drafting quality drawings," a $54,000 check and legal papers including a deed of trust.

Diamond jewelry, several watches and money in one bedroom were untouched, according to police reports.

The home is owned by the family of a deceased man the Ramseys' investigators have said may have been involved with the beating and strangulation death of their daughter.

The deceased man shot himself in the chest Feb. 14, 1997, the day after Boulder County District Attorney Alex Hunter held a national press conference in which he said the field of suspects had narrowed and vowed to bring the little girl's killer to justice.

The man also may have owned a stun gun, which the Ramseys' suspect may have been used in their daughter's death, according to public records.

The Ramseys remain under police suspicion in their daughter's death, but have repeatedly said they did not kill their daughter and that police should be looking for an intruder. They have moved from their 755 15th St. home and now reside in Atlanta.

Kenady, who was friends with the deceased man, said he suspected him of having some involvement in the killing, but did not say why, according to police reports.

The documents stolen from the home were found in Kenady's possession. The drawings belonged to the deceased man.

Officers at the Boulder Police Department and the Boulder County Sheriff's Office said Kenady may be mentally impaired from a car accident.

Kenady's attorney, Karin Dostal, said her client is mentally competent.

She said she would not comment on the case other than to say, "There are certain things that will come out later."

Kenady was charged Oct. 13 and is scheduled for a preliminary hearing Nov. 8, which will likely to be rescheduled.

Ollie Gray, an investigator for the Ramseys, said a family member gave Kenady the boots. Kenady gave Gray the boots through an attorney. Gray turned them over to police in August and answered police questions about them during an interview with the Ramseys in Atlanta at the end of August.

12. Watching You

DejaNu quote:
    I support everything you said in your post except this statement, DejaNu. I don't think we do know what Burke's testimony to the GJ was, because the GJ transcripts have never been released, and I'll bet that if they ever are released, his part will be blacked out because of his age at the time his testimony was taken. Yes, I know there have been leaks, but I don't think any of those leaks came from the grand jurors themselves, or the witnesses, but from the DA's personnel who were there. Secret GJ hearings are supposed to be just that - secret - under penalty of law. I think, but I'm not sure, that Beckner may have made a statement regarding the palmprint and the footprint. I have seen several posts about this, but the source of the statement always seems a bit foggy, and I don't like taking iffy statements and making them into fact.

Absolutely, positively, unquestionably, and unconditionally, I agree with you on this.

Smit's picture was in the ENQUIRER along with the pictures of the Helgoth suicide scene, with one of Helgoth's arms showing on the bed. When I got the tabs, my first thought was, what is the ENQUIRER thinking? Then, I got to thinking - remember ther settlement between the ENQUIRER and the Ramseys? Not long after that settlement, the ENQUIRER did an interview with the Ramseys and now this. It makes one wonder if part of that settlement wasn't for the ENQUIRER to cover only Ramsey-favorable articles. Note that the GLOBE and the ENQUIRER are owned by the same company, and the GLOBE didn't print this story.

It is old news with a new spin, of course, but I think it's a harbinger of what's to come. I think they are really going to try to pin this one on Helgoth. They can throw that piece of crap at the wall all day, but it's not going to stick. I think the funniest thing is getting anyone to believe Helgoth wrote that three-page ransom note. So many loose ends, how's Smit going to explain this one?

attache? be well rested? These thoughts from a man who works in a filthy junk yard all day in greasy conditions, and he doesn't even leave a fingerprint? I doubt he was educated enough to even know what an "attache" is much less how to spell it. How about all those !!!!! I'm sure a junk man is going to write those feminine little appendages to every other sentence in the note.

Keenan and Smit and Tracey have got a lot of explaining to do on this one. I don't have time right now to go through everything, but Helgoth didn't kill JBR, and it is just despicable for the RST to destroy yet another family in their quest to clear the Ramseys. I don't want to hear how much the Ramseys have been through, and therefore it's okay that others be subjected to these kinds of accusations, which is jameson's wont to do. That is pure BS.

Everyone is going to answer to their maker some day, including the people in this case who have worked to cover up the murder of JBR. There will be no covering anything, then.

13. Watching You

Candy has posted a very long list of offenses, both traffic and criminal, committed by John Kenady, the man who claims to be the witness to Helgoth's statements that he was involved in JBR's murder. I can't believe anyone would believe one thing this guy said.

I've listed just a very few of those offenses below, because they interest me a great deal. I have bolded the names that popped out at me and one court case that definitely caught my interest, along with its deposition. This guy has been in a lot of trouble with the law. He was also arrested for breaking and entering Helgoth's home. This is the kind of person Keenan's investigative team is trusting to give them honest information? Egads.

Case Num: 1979CR000238 Div/Room: 4 Type: Sex Offenses

Case File Date: 06/11/1979 Case Close Date: --
    E-Filed: Appealed: N

Judge or Magistrate
    Name JOSEPH JOHN BELLIPANNI Bar Number: 7446

Agency
    Agency: CAGN Conversion Agency Agency Case:
    Ticket/Summons Num: Arrest Num:

Parties
    Party Name Birthdate Gender Race
    Defendant 1 KENADY, JOHN E 07/15/1952
    (ADLER ROBERT JACOB - AAC Attorney)
    Defendant 1 KENNEDY, JOHN E (AKA) --

Charges

Count Status Statute No. Charge Description Class
    1 Main Charge 018003.00405.0 SEX ASSAULT ON A CHILD
    Offense Date: From: 06/11/1979 To: 06/11/1979 Time: -- BAC: 0
    Arrest Date: -- Time: -- Ticket Num:

Events
    Event Date Code Event Description
    05/14/1999 CLCV Case Closed Conversion Only

1 Arrest Only Charge 18-4-203(1)(2)(a) BURGLARY 2-OF DWELLING F3
    Offense Date: From: 08/03/2000 To: -- Time: -- BAC: 0

1 Dismissed 18-4-203(1)(2)(a) BURGLARY 2-OF DWELLING F3

Plea: Plea Not Guilty Date: 12/15/2000

Disposition: Dism by DA Date: 02/28/2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2 Arrest Only Charge 18-4-401(1)(a) THEFT $100-$500 M2

2 Dismissed 18-4-401(1)(a) THEFT $500-$15,000 F4

Plea: Plea Not Guilty Date: 12/15/2000

Disposition: Dism by DA Date: 02/28/2001

3 Main Charge 18-4-503 2ND DEG CRIMINAL TRESPASS M3
    Offense Date: From: 08/03/2000 To: 08/03/2000 Time: -- BAC: 0

Plea: Plea of Guilty Date: 02/28/2001

Disposition: Guilty Date: 02/28/2001

Sentence Date Sentence Description Status
    04/13/2001 Sentence by Court Active
    Judge/Magistrate: ROXANNE BAILIN
    Victims Assistance Fund: $60.00
    Victim Compensation Fund: $60.00
    Request for Time to Pay: $25.00
    Probation Supervision Fee: $840.00
    Court Costs - prior to 6/6/03: $30.00
    Drug Standardized Assessment: $75.00
    Probation: 2 YEAR(S)
    Community Service: 32 HOUR(S)

Scheduled Events
    Date Time Event Description Room
    10/13/2000 2:00 PM First Appearance CJ
    Judicial Officer: DAVID ANTHONY ARCHULETA

11/08/2000 09:00 AM Preliminary Hearing 10
    Judicial Officer: DAVID ANTHONY ARCHULETA

12/15/2000 1:00 PM Setting 4
    Judicial Officer: ROXANNE BAILIN

02/28/2001 1:30 PM Motions Hearing 4

04/09/2001 07:00 AM Jury Trial 4

04/13/2001 3:00 PM Sentencing Hearing 4

01/31/2008 07:00 AM Review Q
    Judicial Officer: CLERK OF COURT

Events
    Event Date Code Event Description
    10/10/2000 AFAW Affidavit for Arrest Warrant
    10/10/2000 WAFF Warrant Upon Affidavit
    10/10/2000 WSRV Warrant Served
    10/11/2000 RSWT Return of Service on Warrant
    10/25/2000 ENTR Entry Of Appearance
    12/15/2000 MINO Minute Order (No Print)
    02/28/2001 MINO Minute Order (No Print)
    02/28/2001 MORD Motion and Order
    02/28/2001 PSIO PSI Ordered
    04/13/2001 MINO Minute Order (No Print)
    04/13/2001 CLAD Case Closed
    04/13/2001 TCOP Terms and Conditions of Prob
    10/18/2001 MOTN Motion
    10/23/2001 ORDR Order
    03/01/2002 ENTR Entry Of Appearance
    03/07/2002 RSPN Response
    03/13/2002 ORDR Order
    03/13/2002 PRTM Probation Terminated

Bond Information
    Bond ID No. 1
    Set Date: 10/10/2000 Set Amount: $5000
    Post Date: 10/11/2000 Post Amount: $5000 Type: SUR

Register of Action

14. Ginja

Ginja Member

I simply don't get it...

The bootprints don't match and the stun gun doesn't match. So the two biggest pieces of evidence Rammers believe tie Helgoth to the murder are inconsistent with the crime scene evidence and DO NOT MATCH. IOW, there is no link between Helgoth and this crime...and yet to read this tabloid trash, the readers are informed that Helgoth is the killer.

If the BPD had pulled such a stunt with evidence, the DA, Smit, and other Rammers would have raised hell like nothing we've seen so far.

This entire situation is totally out of control and it's going to get worse because John's running for office.

I think the ONLY way for this to ever get straightened out is for John to win his bid and then for us or someone to push for an investigation of John (as a public official) fitness for office given the circumstances.

One could argue he didn't print this article.

I'd argue back that he didn't "correct" the misrepresentations and lies. That certainly goes to the heart of a politico's integrity. If he allows lies about this case to continue, then what else would he "allow" while he's in office?

This whole thing disgusts me the way so much gets shagged under the rug and/or ignored.

Perhaps ALL of Colorado should be brought to its knees...apparently, most public officials are corrupt, considering how long they've allowed this fiasco to go.

Despicable!

15. Tricia

No question this was done in conjunction with John running for office.

Look what happened when I asked two quick questions on LKL. He couldn't handle it. Ignored one and rambled on with the other.

WHY ISN'T THE MEDIA ASKING THE RIGHT QUESTIONS?

This is so evil.

16. Ginja

Ginja Member

Evil is as evil does, Trish!

The media isn't asking questions because they're afraid of being sued!

Of course, such "fear" doesn't stop them from printing or saying exactly what they want, so there's more to it when it comes to Ramsey.

Perhaps Lin Wood plays into this more. We've seen various people on camera come right out and say that they CAN'T comment on the case BECAUSE they've either been threatened by Wood personally (as in the case with Dominick Dunne) or know from Dunne's experience that if they spoke out, as did Dunne, they'd also be sued. I remember seeing a show (LKL most likely) where Dunne, Marc Klaas and Nancy Grace all said the same thing...they COULDN'T comment or else face legal action.

Again, threats like this have never stopped the press before. So it makes me wonder what else is going on behind the scenes.

And it makes me wonder why there's no one out there to stand up to the lies and expose the blackmail and threats.

It's not a simple thing, I'll say that much. According to the media, news is news. If there's news, then they HAVE to report it. Yet, they won't touch this topic. Could it have anything to do with the fact that so many people -- legitimate people -- who've been involved with this case have lost jobs, pensions, homes and whatnot because they tried to expose the truth.

To me, THAT'S the story. The truth is being hidden and anyone who tries to expose it is ruined. Where's the media and why aren't they reporting on this news?

Where are the investigative reporters?

I think if someone looked under the carpet here, they might get hurt from the explosion of all the secrets and lies that would rush out from under!

17. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Will someone please take out the trash?

1) Necrocusatory

2) Purgatory, Quinn, is a Delphi Forums website with a JBR discussion.

3) In DejaNu's quote from John, I saw that he and his lawyers "retained" the investigators. Pardon my thought processes, but one usually PAYS for the services of a person or entity in order for them to be considered as "retained". Example: retainer fee for a lawyer, or retaining the services of a contractor. Freudian slip extrordinaire. Didn't I ask how much moola was contributed to various political campaigns throughout CO? Not only can money talk, but it can buy quiet, as well.

18. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

From WonderBoy.......

http://www.boulderweekly.com/archive/122001/coverstory.html

Ghost of Christmas Past
    Obsessed reporter reveals dark under world behind Ramsey case
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    by Jeffery Scott Shapiro (Editorial@boulderweekly.com)

Boots

As I wrestled with my personal investigation of Wolf, I heard about "Boots." Once upon a time, Boots lived with a local woman and her 4-year-old blonde daughter, until the two had an explosive argument that led to their break-up. The woman accused the man of masturbating under his blanket while her daughter was sitting on his bed. Boots lived in a small shack at a local junkyard on Valmont Road, where he also worked.

On Feb. 13, 1997, DA Hunter had a press conference in order to send a message to JonBenet's unknown killer: "You will pay for what you have done, and we have no doubt this will happen." The next day, Valentine's Day, Boots was found dead in his apartment. Supposedly, he had killed himself with a shotgun. Immediately, he became another "possible suspect"-albeit a dead one-in the Ramsey murder.

But the theory that JonBenet's killer got spooked and took his life had a gaping hole in it: The suicide began to look like a murder. Boots was right-handed and the bullet's trajectory went from left to right. In addition, someone had placed a pillow in front of his chest before firing the gun, something professional killers do to muffle the noise of a gunshot. In addition, Boots was a former military sharpshooter and parachutist who had been trained to use an M16 Rifle and hand grenades. I wondered: If Boots was a sharpshooter, why the odd trajectory?

When police took crime scene photos at Boots' apartment, two items grabbed their attention. Not only was there a pair of Hi-Tec climbing boots by the dead man's feet, there was a stun gun beside his hand and a Taser in the distance. Supposedly, Boots also owned a baseball cap with the letters "SBTC" on it. Later, a friend of Boots found a videotape in the dead man's apartment that intrigued police. It was footage of a newscast from a couple of years before. The news story featured an unsolved case involving a kidnapped and murdered 6-year-old girl. Was the newscast a random recording left behind by someone else? Or was it a trophy of some kind?

Since the ransom note refers to at least two other kidnappers, Lou Smit believes it's possible more than one person was involved. It was strange that some of the exact items used in JonBenet's attack had been found next to his body. Had the second kidnapper killed his ex-partner hoping to get police detectives off his trail? If so, his ploy failed. Even though Smit and I found the Boots' story compelling, Boulder police weren't biting-at least not hard.

:snake:

Jeffrey Scott Shapiro is an investigative reporter in New York City who spent three years working solely on the JonBenet Ramsey case in Boulder. He's widely credited for gaining more routine access to former DA Alex Hunter, the Ramseys, and various "potential suspects" than any other reporter on the case. Reach Shapiro at: JBsAVENGER@aol.com.

Respond: letters@boulderweekly.com

19. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Very interesting article, especially about Helgoth's military background. But a shotgun? The pics in the NE article display a handgun, not a shotgun.....

I also think it's quite hinky that the very items being sensationalized in the Ramsey case at that time by Smit were the VERY items allegedly surrounding Helgoth's body. How convenient is that?????

20. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

WY, you had a comment posted above regarding the source of Burke's testimony to the GJ regarding those Hi-Tec shoes/boots. Here's a Ryan Ross article highlighted FYI. It's also a great analysis of the Carnes ruling and the absence of investigated factual conclusions that, had Carnes known about, would probably have produced a different opinion from her.

What About Judge Carnes's Ruling?

by Ryan Ross

The recent ruling by a federal judge dismissing a suit against the Ramseys is a good illustration of the hazards of relying on lawsuits as vehicles for truth seeking.

Judge Julie Carnes last month tossed out the defamation suit filed against the Ramseys by journalist Chris Wolf, whom the Ramseys had identified in their book as one of the suspects in the death of their daughter. In her ruling, Judge Carnes writes that "the weight of the evidence is more consistent with the theory that an intruder murdered JonBenet than it is with the theory that Mrs. Ramsey did."

But, of course, the only evidence that Judge Carnes was weighing was the evidence in the record before her. She didn't have access to Boulder police files, to transcripts of the police interviews with the Ramseys, or to media accounts of the information police say they have. The Ramseys told the judge about what police have -- and claim to have -- only when it served their interests. And Wolf's attorney, who didn't have access to police files either, didn't dispute the "overwhelming majority" of the statements of facts asserted by the Ramseys, according to Judge Carnes.

The result is that Carnes's ruling reads very much like something the Ramseys would write. For openers, for example, she writes that JonBenet was murdered. The only evidence before her of that was the assertion of the Ramseys that their daughter was murdered. Wolf's lawyer didn't dispute that because Wolf also thinks JonBenet was murdered. So Judge Carnes accepted that conclusion. She had no choice. No one suggested otherwise to her.

Judge Carnes might have felt differently had she known that many of the mysteries of the crime scene that the Ramseys have pointed to as evidence of an intruder have long since been explained as having come from family members. The Ramseys didn't tell her about those discoveries, even when they knew about them.

Patsy Ramsey, for example, was told by prosecutors in 2000 that the Ramsey's son, Burke, and a friend of his had both testified before the grand jury that Burke owned a Hi-Tec boot. Nonetheless, Judge Carnes writes in her ruling, based on assertions made to her last summer by the Ramseys, that that the owner of the Hi-Tec boot has never been identified. Wolf didn't dispute that, but then he didn't attend the interview during which prosecutors told Patsy about Burke and his friend's grand jury testimony.

The Ramseys also learned in 2000 that prosecutors say they have the results of fiber tests indicating that fibers similar to the ones in the red sweater-jacket she had been wearing the day before her daughter was killed are consistent with fibers from in the paint tray from which the brush used to fashion the ligature found around her daughter's neck was found, in the brush that was a part of the ligature, and "tied into" the ligature.

The Ramseys didn't mention a word of this to Judge Carnes, making the judge look like she's flailing around in the dark, being spoon fed only the information that would lead her to the conclusions the Ramseys want her to reach, while the people feeding her keep secret what they've been told that they don't want her to know.

Judge Carnes's ruling includes a list of items the Ramseys consider evidence of an intruder, only a small fraction of which has even been cited by Det. Lou Smit, the staunchest advocate of the intruder theory who, unlike the Ramseys, had at one time seen all the police evidence in the case. If Smit won't bother to cite the items on this list as evidence of an intruder, there's little reason for anyone else to.

Judge Carnes has no more luck formulating a coherent explanation for why an intruder would leave behind a ransom note in his or her own handwriting than anyone else has. She simply notes the suggestion of the Ramseys that the intruder may have been laying in wait for the Ramseys before they came home Christmas Day, in which case the intruder would have had plenty of time to write a long note.

But the biggest problem the note poses for intruder theorists is not its length, but the fact that it was left behind when there had been no kidnapping. Judge Carnes doesn't offer any explanation for why she thinks an intruder who had just killed JonBenet and left the body in the family residence would leave behind a ransom note he/she had written that would provide the best evidence linking him or her to the murder, when he/she would know that as soon as someone conducted a thorough search of the house the possibility of obtaining a ransom would be lost and a manhunt for the murderer would be launched.

Finally, Judge Carnes does a tap dance on the question of the credibility of Gideon Epstein, the handwriting expert Wolf was relying on for his assertion that Patsy wrote the ransom note. Judge Carnes acknowledged that in reaching her decision on whether to dismiss Wolf's suit before it goes to a jury that she is not supposed to assess the credibility of any of his witnesses, because that is something only a jury is permitted to do. Judge Carnes also acknowledges that Epstein is qualified to render such an opinion.

But she complained that in his deposition in the case Epstein hadn't explained the methodology he had used to conclude with "absolute certainty" that Patsy had written the note. Yes, he had said there were similarities between the note and Mrs. Ramsey's handwriting. But he hadn't specified how many similarities or what kind. His failure to do so, Judge Carnes concluded, meant that "the weight and impact" of his testimony would "necessarily" have been less than the weight of the handwriting experts relied on by Boulder police.

Epstein could, of course, have explained his methodology in more detail in his deposition, had Wolf's attorney asked him to, and to a jury, had Carnes permitted the case to go forward. But barring a successful appeal, the judge has made sure he won't get the opportunity.

Now, how is it that Judge Carnes knows about the handwriting experts Boulder police relied on? The Ramseys told her about them and their findings. And how did they know? Because Boulder prosecutors, bending over backwards to accommodate the Ramseys, had told them.

There's no reason to expect the Ramseys to give Judge Carnes evidence they know of that undercuts their assertions.

And there's no reason to consider Judge Carnes's ruling much more than a summary of the catalog of oft repeated Ramsey claims about the case.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice