Free Press Article - Protests Mentioned!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by VP, May 16, 2004.

1. VP

VP Member

http://www.freep.com/news/politics/ram15_20040515.htm

Two protesters
    Even hot dogs and red, white and blue sweaters, flags, buttons and banners couldn't stave off the past. At the announcement rally Tuesday evening, where about 100 friends and supporters gathered in front of Ramsey's strip-mall campaign headquarters near Charlevoix, a man and a woman paced the perimeter sidewalk holding black umbrellas.

Under warm blue skies, the party-crashers shouted.

"Wake up people," said the woman.

She twirled her umbrella. Its top edges held a handwritten message: "They are suspects."

She wouldn't identify herself, saying only that she knew the truth and that groups were aghast at the Ramsey campaign.

"Stick your umbrella where the sun don't shine," a Ramsey supporter said. "Go back to Ann Arbor where they put up with that stuff."

The protesters were from Charlevoix.

2. I suppose nobody knows these people??
    i could have joined them with a few friends.
    how do you find out ahead of time when the next get together is?

3. Ginja

Ginja Member

Not a huge crowd

I think all that info is posted on Ramsey's campaign website.

Hey, I was amazed to find out there were only about 100 supporters. Every article I've read I've looked to see how many people had showed up, but it was never stated.

Then again, maybe I'm used to larger campaigns and announcements. Is 100 people good or not so good in Charlevoix?

Aurora, you crack me up....you did onehelluvafine job, you old bat! lol :thumbsup:

4. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Will John Do This?...

...at any of his rallies:

Spotting a photographer at a street carnival in Charlevoix, Michigan, in the summer of 1997, John Ramsey jumped up on a picnic table, pointed a finger at him and screamed at the top of his lungs, "I told you to get your motherf***ing :(:(:( out of here!"

...From an old Frank Coffman column.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cach...feedingfrenzy-bw.htm+Glenn,+Susan+Stine&hl=en

5. Aurora did that? LOL good one.
    I'm just getting involved in this,,,
    we need to gang up next time. :verdict:

I bet it's the same 100 supporters each time.

6. Aurora

Aurora Member

Michigan Manic

First off...where in Michigan ya from? I wish I would of had time to gather more like minded ppl to join the protest. Imagine....100 protestors or more...out numbering those pro-Rams. Don't worry....Aurora isn't done letting the folks within his campaign know...that JR is still a suspect and I will shout it from the rooftops if I have to!

Thanks Ginja... I doubt there was even 100. I was counting the news crews...the reporters...and the kids serving hotdogs. *hehe* Not kidding!

7. I'm just a little north of Grand Rapids.

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

michiganmaniac, you may have already answered this somewhere else, but I haven't seen anything about it. Have you always followed this case on the forums or did you decide to search out information on the Internet because of the upcoming election? I'm just wondering, because I'm interested in knowing if you had your own thoughts on the Ramseys prior to his running for office and just happened to come across the forums then or if you've kept up with the case before. I wonder if there are more like you there in Michigan who have looked deeper into the Ramsey case and who are not buying into Ramsey's spin. Is it possible there are people who are searching the Internet for anything they can find on Ramsey and finding FFJ that way?

9. Aurora

Aurora Member

Michigan Manic aka now known as MM

I have a daughter that lives near Grand Rapids...*S*

10. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I'll be your bodyguard

Aurora I'll be happy to be your bodyguard!

11. Ginja

Ginja Member

Well Aurora...

I guess the Friends of John Ramsey are just a few, but that's to be expected I suppose for a primary; although if I were running, I'd want to make sure EVERYONE was out there....I hate crowdless performances, hehehe.

Still, if his core group numbers so few, he hasn't got much going for him. No wonder that supporter of his was so 'vile' in his verbal "spanking" of you! I guess birds of a feather really do flock together. He and John make a good pair when it comes to putting people down. Sick minds think alike!

12. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

BobC that's nice of you but Aurora could kick your behind. Perhaps you should hire her as your body guard. Her hands and feet are registered as lethal weapons you know. :winkaway:

I am so glad to see you back. We missed you and still love you.

13. hey Watching You,
    I've always known of the case, & always suspected ramseys.
    [putting it mildly]
    but I have never looked anything up about it.

my brother lives a couple hours north of me,
    [though still not in the voting area]
    his local news ran a story about it, & gave out a website,
    I think it was something like johnramsey.com, anyhow, when he
    did a search he matched with this site.
    he sent it to me last week.

the Michigan people I talk to down here DO NOT buy the ramseys story.
    however, most of them dont bother to vote either.
    but I think many could be motivated into going to vote.
    If the issue is big enough, they'll get off their :censored:
    so, my guess is,, the northern Michigan people are probably pretty much
    the same. -- they just need to be informed. I'm sure some will bother to check it out, but how many?

what exactly is a primary vote? someone explain a little please.

14. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Primaries

Primaries are the elections in which the political parties choose who will run in the General Election in November. For instance, there are five Republicans running for the nomination for the 105th House District in Michigan. John Ramsey is just one of a large group. The others running against him are better qualified, having experience in public service, or being lawyers. It is a very crowded field. Ken Bradstreet, the outgoing Rep, will have a lot of influence on whom the Party chooses to back. He is very unimpressed with John Ramsey, to say the least.

Most voters don't vote in primaries, and that's a crying shame. Our last primary in PA., last month, only brought out 26% of the electorate. So less than 1/3 of registered voters got to choose who would run in November.

If Michigan voters are the same, and roughly 1/4 of the registered Republicans are choosing from a field of 5 for that particular office, Ramsey has a slight chance of winning. If my math is right, he could win with as little as 21% of the votes.

15. Aurora

Aurora Member

Tricia

You shouldn't have told Bob C. that I could kick his butt. Since John has a body guard...I deserve one...too. *brushing off my karate black belt*

16. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I wish we could get a bunch more Michigan residents to come here to read, MM. There is so much true information at FFJ that non-followers of the case don't know. Just reading the depositions and interviews of the Ramseys ought to be enough to turn anyone off voting for him.

17. I thought thats what the primaries were. lol
    but,, i didnt realize that was for everybody. I thought that was for like the president or something.
    ---- see what you're dealing with, with Michigan voters? ----

I dont know anyone who has ever voted in the primaries.

Auroras daughter needs to move back home, 1 more voter. LOL :laughup:

watching you,,, they need to be informed. flyers or something need to be passed out, with this link.

is anyone posting links to this vital information on other websites?
    like anything to do with Michigan,, that might get some informed.
    I could pass out flyers, wont be much help though on posting the vital links.
    I could probably find some Michigan forums, & pass on the info to someone who can post a 'good' message. LOL

I'm sure if people read even half of this stuff, they wouldnt vote for him.

18. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

How about...

writing a letter to the editor of any newspaper which covers Charlevoix, with the website information listed within the text, and yet listing it within a seemingly neutral letter, just offering the site for "more information" on the case, as well as on other cases which are newsworthy...or take out an ad in the local paper, whether in the "personals" of the classifieds, or a bit of an ad within the first section of the Sunday paper?

You know, "for more information on the upcoming election, go to http//ww...etc.

Paid political advertisement by the BORG Republican Committee of Michigan :highfive:

19. Spade

Spade Member

"religous" right

The owners of Nelson Publishing, publishers of DOI, are very powerful in the Republican party. IMO, they are behind Uncle Johnny's candidacy.

20. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Now there's a shocker

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice