I bet we could stop this, How many MI people in here?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by michiganmaniac, May 16, 2004.

1. I am way south of that voting area.
    BUT I am more than willing to make a couple of trips up there to layer
    the area in signs. I dont think the people would vote for him if they were informed.

on the radio last week, all the male callers said they WOULDNT vote
    for him, almost all the women said they WOULD. ---- YIKES!
    "they" say he'll get the "sympathy" vote.

It's legal to post signs, truthful signs , [just the facts] right?
    ---people nail yard signs , reward signs, & work from home signs, etc.
    up on every street post.

couldnt we do that?
    Is there anyone else in here that could do some to?
    We could at least get people talking.

2. Ayjey

Ayjey New Member

I'm south of Charlevoix too, but close enough to visit.

3. Ginja

Ginja Member

Mm

You have to get permission to put placards up in people's front yards...but from them, not the town. So canvass the area and find those men who say "NO! to John Ramsey."

As far as putting the placards/signs up along streets and highways, I'm not sure. Although if I were doing it, I would just drive along until a found a spot where other candidates had put their signs and just add mine along with the rest.

Also, here's a thought. Picket in front of Patsy's business! From what I've seen from the pics, she's in a strip mall so she has no say in who can and can't "mull around."

Flyers are another thought. Perhaps one that bullets the truth vice John's remarks (e.g., Carnes decision was in a civil action sans police evidence). Stick them up on trees and poles in the area. Also, I don't know if there's a problem with this, but perhaps you could also "deliver" flyers to peoples homes...stick a flyer in their mailbox. (I mention that vice mailing because of the cost of postage).

4. Ginja

Ginja Member

More MM

Also, re the flyers....stick 'em on everyone's windshields...just go into parking lots (like at Patsy's place).

I would imagine if enough placards and flyers went out, it would have to get media attention....and attention is what we want, eh?

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

"I'm south of Charlevoix too, but close enough to visit."

Me too!

Just be careful, MichiganManiac...........there's a Killa out there.

We had some more Michigan posters that appeared to have shared our opinions but they were only Ramsey Trolls on PayRolls. But with this case - Time was on our side, as it is always just a matter of time before all things are revealed.

RR

6. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Protests

Protests have to be carefully managed or they have a tendency to be counter-effective. I don't think John Ramsey has made a good start to his campaign and I believe jameson and I are in agreement on this. So far he has failed to present any sort of meaningful political agenda and the first week of his campaign has focused only the Ramseys as suspects/victims.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that he's in danger of having lost the campaign already IMO because that first news coverage and the initial impact of it, is over. He didn't utilise it for his political aspirations. He prepared himself for questions about JonBenet's murder investigation and when he was asked what he wouldn do for Michigan he uhhhmed and ahhhhmed and then managed to bumble out a couple of vague remarks about healthcare and education. He had the ear of the nation BECAUSE of his notoriety and he blew it instead of using it to get across his campaign message. People are going to wonder what his campaign message is - is it "I did not kill JonBenet?"

However, IMO, if there is a sticker/poster campaign against John Ramsey, he will milk it to his own political advantage.

7. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

mailboxes

I don't think you can put flyers in peoples mail boxes. I think the government has some objection to that because of the postal service.

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Right, Texan. You can't put anything except mail in mail boxes per postal regulations. You can, however, put flyers on doors, doorknobs - my storm doors have handles where people are always sticking flyers of one sort or another.

9. I know you need permission from the parking lot owner to put them on
    cars.
    I dont think you can open the mailbox,,, BUT I have gotten flyers in
    my paperbox before. so THAT must be legal,,,,, right?
    I've also gotten avon books in a little baggie HUNG from the mailbox flag.

more info could be put in a paper flyer, than a posted sign.
    but more people would see the signs ?
    his people would probably come along & take them down too.
    somebody would also have to tell me what to say, -- make me my first flyer, i'm new to all of this, I wouldnt know what to say. or how to say it.

when is this vote? [can you tell I dont vote much?]

the only county I've heard is Charlevoix, what are the other ones?

patsy has a business? what kind?

10. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

I'm much inclined to agree with Jayelles on this. Although the signs put up will tell the truth, you won't get a chance to prove it. They will serve only to support the Ramseys' persecuted victims posturing.

11. thats why I think the flyers would work better, we could 'prove' things
    that way. it could always be a 2 or 3 page flyer. lol

I found the counties,,, holy cow he's a long way up there.
    Antrim, Charlevoix, Otsego, & part of Cheboygan.
    about 20 some thousand people per county,,, less than 50 people per square mile. a huge area to cover. But I really do think we could make a difference.

who are the other candidates??

12. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

13. Easywriter, thats exactly what i was thinking.
    [ though, seriously, someone would have to write it for me. ]

paper boxes & doorknobs. how can we find out if it's legal?

14. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Originally Posted By:michiganmaniac

when is this vote? [can you tell I dont vote much?]

Election Dates
    Aug. 3 Nov. 2
    State Primary State General Election
    http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1633_8716-64219--,00.html

the only county I've heard is Charlevoix, what are the other ones?

"The 105th District is comprised of Antrim, Charlevoix, Otsego and most of Cheboygan County except Tuscarora and Koehler townships."

"McKimmy to seek 105th District House seat" http://www.upnorthpub.com/tm.htm

BTW, Patsy's "business" can be seen a webbookusa.com, I don't like promoting it for her but I think that offering the link only further proves what liars they are; this is not exactly a business, what else needs to be done accept for routine maintenance and the addition of businesses to the directory; not exactly a full-time gig.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice