www.supportramsey.com

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Freespirit, May 17, 2004.

1. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

Has anyone seen this? If so, please accept my apologies for reposting it here.

2. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Won't John Ramsey have to release a Financial Statement if he gets the nomination? Boy, I sure would like to get a look at that. It would be interesting to see just where he stands financially.

3. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Keep an eye on this link:

http://miboecfr.nicusa.com/cgi-bin/cfr/com_det.cgi?com_id=511841

This should be the location where he is required to post his campaign-finance information.

Edited to add:
    Scroll to the bottom of the page, the Documents On File link is where the action will be.

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Thanks, Why-Nut. I bookmarked that website, will be checking it every day.

5. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

6. Quinn

Quinn Member

7. Aurora

Aurora Member

Painting

That is very weird looking. Who'd waste $$$ on it? *LOL*

8. Ginja

Ginja Member

Well dang!

I would...if I had it, lol. Seriously, didn't any of you take art appreciation in college? This is a 'visionary' oil painting and is categorized by the artist as part of an "angel" collection. It's not a portrait of JonBenet, per se (as you can readily see).

What intrigues me probably more than the painting itself is the artist. Note the title is "Triumphant 1997" ... I didn't notice when this was painted. In '97 when there was plenty of hoopla over this case, or more recently when it's hardly mentioned. The owner lives in Brooklyn...again, what prompted the owner to make the purchase? or was it a gift? Wonder if there's any connection with the owner and artist...or either one with the Ramseys? Perhaps the artist knew one of JBR's sisters? So much intrigue.

9. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Looking at the other art pieces which this person is selling, there is a theme of antique/eternal going on within the offered works. The JonBenet piece hints of influences from the renaissance style, but modernized in a way that renders it more two dimensional in its appearance. The religious works in the Fine Arts Museum local to me come to mind as influences (stylistically, not work-specifically) or potential influences on the artist. It's a good, ethereal work, and hints at an eternal side to a child victim.

10. purr

purr Active Member

you can email the artist....

and ask her questions about the painting....

you can click on the artist's name their
    at that site.

purr

11. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Does the word Fugly come to mind for y'all, cause that's the first, second and last thought I had on that "art".

12. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Free

Is it one of Patsy's paintings?

:rotfl:
    RR

13. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

"JonBenet Triumphant" 1997, Sheryl Humphrey
    Here's the link to the painting on Sheryl's site
    http://www.coppolahumphrey.net/bjonbenet.html

And here's the link to her full bio:
    http://www.coppolahumphrey.net/sbio.html
    SHERYL HUMPHREY
    Brief Biography
    (snip)
    "SHERYL HUMPHREY is a painter living and working in Brooklyn.
    She is an adjunct professor at LaGuardia Community College in Long Island City, New York, where she teaches drawing, painting, and contemporary art appreciation."

14. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

The Painting

I think the painting is cool. Very stylized. JonBenet does look radiant and triumphant in it. Also wise beyond her years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice