Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Ramsey house at 755 (previously 749) 15th Street

Article Published: Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Ramsey's Boulder home sold to televangelist's daughter

By The Associated Press

Boulder - The home where 6-year-old JonBenet was killed is being sold to the daughter of "Hour of Power" televangelist Robert Schuller.

Carol Milner and her husband, Tim, expect to close on the 15-room, Tudor-style home next week for $1 million.

"Our Realtor said, 'Here's a wild idea'," Tim Milner said. "I said, 'I'll go look, but I don't know.' All we saw was compassion for the little girl. ... The house didn't seem weird."

Carol Milner grew up in Southern California, where her father's Crystal Cathedral Ministries is based. She lost a leg in a motorcycle accident as a teenager, and was a member of the U.S. disabled ski team based in Winter Park in the 1980s.

The 6,800-square-foot house John and Patsy Ramsey bought for $500,000 in 1991 has been renovated since their daughter's death in 1996. The basement room where her beaten and strangled body was found has been sealed off by a new wall.

The Ramseys moved to Atlanta in the months following their daughter's still-unsolved death. John Ramsey is now seeking election to the Michigan Legislature.

In 1998, a private group of investors comprised of Ramsey friends purchased the home for $650,000. University of Colorado football strength coach E.J. "Doc" Kreis called the house home for two years before he was fired a year ago. It also housed a number of CU graduate students.

The Milners and their four children moved from California to Boulder in 2002. Tim Milner said they outgrew their home and the Ramsey house seems like a good fit.

He said they checked with the kids, ages 9 to 17, before committing to the sale, and at first they were a "little freaked out."

"But the house we're in now is a hundred years old, and I'm sure people died in this house," Milner said.

Tim Milner said he is not worried about a steady stream of curious onlookers coming to the home, though he plans to add a plaque with their family name to the house.

He said he also hopes an address change in June 2001 - from 755 to 749 15th St. - may throw people off track.

"Maybe I'm being dumb," Milner said.
    Last edited by Cherokee; June 3, 2012, 4:34 pm at Sun Jun 3 16:34:46 UTC 2012.

Well, God bless 'em, and I really mean that. I couldn't live in that house knowing what happened to JonBenet there. I mean, aren't they afraid the killer might return?

Yeh. Right. They probably know they have nothing to fear from JonBenet's killer.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Home Of JonBenet Murder Sells For $1 Million

New Family Says Kids Were Bit 'Freaked Out' At First

"The house in Boulder is under contract by Carol Milner, the daughter of "Hour of Power" televangelist Robert Schuller.

Carol Milner and her husband, Tim, expect to close on the 15-room home for $1.05 million next Monday."

"Tim Milner says his children, ages 9 to 17, were a "little freaked out" about the house at first, but told the Boulder Daily Camera that after he saw the home, "All we saw was compassion for the little girl. ... The house didn't seem weird."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...01/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by Watching You
    Well, God bless 'em, and I really mean that. I couldn't live in that house knowing what happened to JonBenet there. I mean, aren't they afraid the killer might return?

Yeh. Right. They probably know they have nothing to fear from JonBenet's killer.
    I couldn't live there either, then again according to Mr. Milner, the soon to be new owner of the house, only a death occured there:

"But the house we're in now is a hundred years old, and I'm sure people died in this house," Milner said.

Wow, that's got to be one of the eeriest [and insensitive] comments I have ever heard, this is an odd statement to be making about a murder; I know the scene didn't look as bad as the Wonderland Murders but come on.

A little girl was sexually assaulted, strangled and beaten to death and left in the disaster they called their basement to decompose as dozens of people wandered about the house looking for anything out of the ordinary out out of place, or the bleakest possibility that even though there was a ransom note left on those spiral stairs, that MAYBE she'd be there somewhere.

She was in the house but she was dead. She didn't die of natural causes or even as the result of an accident, she was killed and other actions were taken to hide the true cause of the murder; information like this USUALLY tends to leave a 'stain' on the 'feel' of the home.

Guess I'm too superstitious, cause I would not put my children into a house where another child had been brutally murdered. There has been in that house, at that time something very wicked and evil.

I have been into houses that have made the hairs on my body stand up for no apparent reason and some houses give you a warm fuzzy feeling. There is an air to houses, a spiritualness of their own if you will and the Ramsey house has an evil in it you can't board up behind a wall. The world is full of houses I'd pass on that one.

Default I don't like it.

I have a bad feeling about this. But then, I am very superstitious. I am not comfortable with young children living in that house. I hope Carol and Tim are very conscientious about turning the alarm on every night.

I, personally, would never buy a house where a murder or a suicide occurred.

Default ??

there's a new wall up in the basement...where she was found????

THAT would creep me out.

Default It was well done...

You never know what has been sealed off, even evidence may be still behind the new wall. For all we know...Sorta like when Shelley Sikes was murdered in the Galveston County (TX) area, my husband still thinks that her (as yet) unrecovered body is under the foundation of the murderer's dad's "new" house, as the perps (who were on drugs) did remember burying her in some sort of soft sand, and the foundation for that house was poured soon thereafter. Sometimes the technology which is yet to come is aided by such preservations of the ghastly.

Default "Remodeling"

Mike Bynum headed the group, Friends of the Ramseys, who bought the house from Ramsey for $650,000. They're the group who leased it out to various occupants over the years.

As soon as the Ramseys were out of there for good, Bynum went in and destroyed any and all evidence by repainting, recarpeting, and walling up the wine cellar where the body was found.

I've said it from day one...Bynum is covering up his friends' tracks. He took over immediately, refusing to let the cops into the Fernie's to interview the Rams...he told Arndt and Mason that the Rams had lawyers and they were to direct their questions with Haddon's office.

Bynum was a former prosecutor and knew everyone in the BDA's office, and actually ran things from that office using DeMuth's office to make phone calls! He visited daily to see what news he could gather from the police investigation through DeMuth. And more than likely, it's DeMuth who passed on the information about Eller asking Myer if Myer could keep the body longer...thus the body-for-ransom spin was hatched.

DeMuth was pulled from the case (too late) by Hunter and eventually left the BDA's office to work ... where? Why, in Bynum's firm, of course!

Someone please explain why this kind of collusion has been swept under the rug!

(Note: I might have DeMuth mixed up with Hofstrom)

In 1998, a private group of investors comprised of Ramsey friends purchased the home for $650,000.
    Well, well, well. After sitting inactive for all these years, how timely that the Hell Hole has just been sold for a million bucks. Say hello to John Ramsey's campaign funds-probably because the prospects of voluntary donations are as nonprolific as donations to the JBR Foundation always were. And say goodbye to "poverty" from all the crushing expense of defending yourselves against false allegations, John and Patsy. Wonder if he's elected if he'll find a spot for Bynum in his staff??????

Default Investors buy Ramseys' 15th Street home

By MATT SEBASTIAN, Camera Staff Writer

Friday, February 6, 1998

A group of investors bought the former Boulder home of John and Patsy Ramsey on Thursday and pledged to resell it at a later date, donating profits to the JonBenet Ramsey Childrens Foundation.

In a statement released Thursday morning, local attorney Michael Bynum said the house sold for $650,000 to an investor group named after the Ramsey homes address, 755 15th St., L.L.C.

The group, according to Bynums statement, is "composed of individuals assisting the Ramsey family."
    ...snip

Colorado Secretary of State records show 755 15th St. was incorporated Jan. 21 and lists Boulder resident Anne Bork as its registered agent. When asked Thursday about the purchase of the Ramsey home, Bork said, "I dont have any comment on that."

Bynums statement says the group will hold the home "for an as yet undetermined period of time" before offering it for resale. Any profits will go to the JonBenet Ramsey Childrens Foundation, a group set up by the slain 6-year-old's parents.
    ...snip

John and Patsy Ramsey, along with their 11-year-old son Burke, haven't lived in the home since JonBenet was found murdered. In July, the couple purchased a home reportedly worth $750,000 in an Atlanta suburb.

The Ramseys bought their 6,800-square-foot Boulder home in 1991 for $500,000. The four-bedroom, 61/2-bathroom Tudor-style home has been renovated since then. Prior to JonBenet's death, the family reportedly turned down a $2 million offer for their house.

According to Bynum's statement, the Ramsey family already had sold the home to a "relocation service" retained by John Ramsey's employer. Whether the employer in question is Access Graphics - the company Ramsey founded - or its former corporate owner, Lockheed Martin, is unknown.
    ...snip

Ripmaster said he couldn't comment on how much the relocation service paid the Ramseys for the house, or when it was originally sold.

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ram...8/02/06-1.html
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by JustinCase
    Article Published: Tuesday, May 18, 2004
    Ramsey's Boulder home sold to televangelist's daughter
    By The Associated Press

In 1998, a private group of investors comprised of Ramsey friends purchased the home for $650,000. University of Colorado football strength coach E.J. "Doc" Kreis called the house home for two years before he was fired a year ago. It also housed a number of CU graduate students.
    Maybe Kreis only leased it?
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)