Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Default Ramsey house up for sale?

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/lo...230639,00.html

Ramsey home for sale
    Agent mum on asking price of 6,866-square-foot house

By Charlie Brennan, Rocky Mountain News
    November 11, 2005

BOULDER - One of Colorado's more infamous homes is for sale - again.
    A sign recently appeared in front of 749 15th St. in Boulder, formerly 755 15th St. and once the home of JonBenet Ramsey and her family.

The sign identifies the listing agent as the same person who has handled the property during its previous resales, Joel Ripmaster of Colorado Landmark.

The current owner, Tim Milner - contacted in Southern California, where he said he was vacationing - said the 6,866-square-foot Tudor-style University Hill house is still his family's residence, but that it is for sale - sort of.

"I don't know if it's for sale," he said. "Unless you guys are buying it. If you want to pay me money - like, a million and a half dollars - I'll sell it to you."

Asked whether the for-sale sign was not a pretty reliable indicator of the property being for sale, Milner hedged.

"Somebody could have just stuck it there," he suggested. "It is Halloween - or, was."

Ripmaster, however, confirmed that the house is for sale, but wouldn't elaborate on the price.

Milner and his wife, Carol, the daughter of Hour of Power televangelist Robert Schuller, bought the brick house June 2, 2004, for $1,050,000, according to Boulder County property records.

The Ramseys had been living in the house for several years when JonBenet was reported missing by her parents on Dec. 26, 1996.

A 2 1/2-page ransom note demanded $118,000 for her safe return. But seven hours later, the girl's father found her body - beaten and strangled - in a little-used room in the cellar.

A 13-month grand jury probe ended in October 1999 without indictments. The case remains unsolved.

The Ramseys and their son, Burke, then 9, never spent another night in the Boulder home. The family now lives in the resort town of Charlevoix, Mich., their longtime vacation home.

Milner said that every time a television feature or news story on the killing appears, the value of his home drops.

And, he complained of the continuing problem of curiosity seekers stopping to have their pictures taken in front of the house, now screened somewhat by a fence and trees.

It was because of gawkers that previous owners changed the address.

"You guys are just creating a circus" by continuing to write about the house and its history, Milner said.

Asked about living there, Milner responded: "It's a wonderful house."

For sale

• Square footage: 2,050 square feet on the main floor; 3,112 square feet on the second floor; 1,704 square feet in basement

• Rooms: 15, including four bedrooms

• Bathrooms: Five full
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Default Hellhole empty and up for sale?

On Inside Edition tonight in my area, they did a short piece on the murder of JonBenet. Pretty much the same old confused BS, with Schiller talking a couple of times, and former ADA Wise saying "...MALE CAUCASION DNA...IN THE PANTIES..." and not from anyone in the family. (Or anyone PERIOD, the point was made by the voice over.) Yep, that's a quote, folks. Hunter's former right hand man said it--MALE CAUCASION DNA. Personally, I sure hope there has been a breakthrough in DNA identifying ethnicity, because if not, this pretty much puts the SEAL OF STUPID on those involved in solving this case FOREVER.

Schiller did point out that Patsy's handwriting was "...very, very similar to the note...she couldn't be excluded but it couldn't be definitively proved it was hers." However, as per usual, he then turned around and said most likely was an INTRUDER! Go figure.

Wise said some evidence pointed to inside the home, some to an intruder. The Carnes/Keenan/Wood "most likely an intruder" media blitz was used as the final slant of the "guilty party" issue. Blahblahblah. Same ol' same ol'.

However, then the reporter was seen in front of the Hellhole, where a "For Sale" sign was up. The reporter said the house is now empty and priced at about $1.5 million. Then the realtor was shown and he said not a lot of interest in the house from interested buyers. What?! A mil and a half for a home people will be gawking at for the next 50 years? What a bargain!

Well, anyhow.... Just more trivia.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Type: Tudor. ?????????

The Tudor part is more like a fascade. Most of the house is a pinkish stucco monstrosity. Kind of like the back end got a tumor.

Here's the tumor in the back. Great analogy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That "tumor" thing in the back is something I never understood. It was done that way, with stucco, because it's cheaper, but it looks soooooo bad, as do the dormer additions on the "master suite" floor in the front. They look like somebody temporarily raised the roof of the Tudor section when you look at it from the front, or like the house is surprised. The stucco could at least have been faux brick stucco to match the rest of the house a little better.

I think all that was done before the Ramseys bought it, though. Their renovations were all inside, like setting up that weird master suite with no doors for privacy. Also they installed the circular staircase and the kitchen renovations, and decorated with zillions of flower wallpaper and striped waistcoating, etc. We call that style "housitosis" in my neck of the woods.

Whatever, the house is a deal at $1.7 mil in that area, I'm guessing. I think it's a teardown, like the Sharon Tate house, and won't sell until it's priced that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat
    Whatever, the house is a deal at $1.7 mil in that area, I'm guessing. I think it's a teardown, like the Sharon Tate house, and won't sell until it's priced that way.
    I agree. I was at the house in March 2004, and there was a For Sale sign in the yard then with the same realtor, Joel Ripmaster, listed as the agent. We talked to one of the college kids who was renting a room in it, and he said it had been sold. Sure enough, we found out later that Schuller's daughter had bought it, but that didn't last long, and it was put back up for sale not too long afterwards.

It's the only house on the street that has a wrought iron fence surrounding the front, and a tall wooden slat fence all around the sides and back. That really stands out since the other houses have open yards.

Of course, most people would recognize it as the infamous Ramsey house. In addition, the number change from 715 to 755 doesn't make sense because the houses around it kept their original place numbers. It's a red flag to any potential buyer that something's not right.

The college kid said cars of people came by every week to get out take pictures all around the house. This was 7 1/2 years AFTER the crime when nothing major was going on with the case.

The house will always have a mystique about it as people will want to see the crime scene for themselves. You'll never get rid of the pilgrims, true crime buffs and gawkers. This case will go down in history with other unresolved crimes. For that reason alone, the house will retain aura of interest for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat
    We call that style "housitosis" in my neck of the woods.
    We call it early american basement or early american ugly where I come from.

All their taste was in their mouth when it came to decorating the inside!
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

OK, after I started this thread and looked up the online info last night, I picked up the 3 tabs I bought yesterday and started reading. Yep, I bought the Globe, The National Enquirer, and the National Examiner, all. (Hanging my head in shame.) Well, of course the stories are to be taken with a grain of salt...okay, a pound...but the pictures are quite nice of JonBenet, among other things.

Like THE HELLHOLE--a large pic of the house as it is now is in the Globe. (Sorry I misled you, IcedTea, with the thread title. Didn't mean to do so.) Yes, there is an article entitled...waaaaait for iiiiiiiit..."HOUSE OF HORRORS FOR SALE...again!" (No, I did not make that up, if you were wondering.)

So...some of the info we got from the online listing and a similar picture is in the article. But there are a few other gems as well.

The notorious house where JonBenet Ramsey was savagely slain is currently up for grabs at a bargain-basement price.

But no one is in a rush to buy the empty 6,866-square-foot Tudor mansion that Patsy Ramsey once wanted her husband John to "burn to the ground."

For almost a decade, the imposing home has been a landmark of horror. Children run past it in the dark and some claim that over the years they have heard haunting screams coming from behind its grim walls.
    How's that?

The article says the house first sold in 1998 "to a team of investors for $650,000." Grad students lived there, and then the football coach for 2 years, until he was fired and moved on in 2003. Then "a bizarre deal was struck a year later." That deal seems to have been bizarre because it was sold at half its value, for $1.05 million, to the "Hour of Power" pastor Dr. Schuller's daughter and her family, the Milners. Carol Schuller Milner's husband is a pastor, as well.

But there's more dramatization, and I have no idea if any of it's true or not:

Their kids, ages 9 to 17, had to cope with cruel taunts from other children, the famiily endured countless gawkers driving by, and morbid curiosity seekers stopped there to have their pictures taken in front of the frightening backdrop.
    So now the house is for sale for $1,695,000. It's been empty for 3 months, since the Milner family moved back to California. More info on the house's amenities is given. With the info about JonBenet's murder in the basement, of course:

The room has since been bricked off....would-be buyers over the years developed goose bumps after sensing evil and fled....

But Colorado Landmark says, "...there's some history that has to be sorted out by whoever buys it."

Sadly, that's never going to happen, says a source..."No matter how many times the house is sold, the ghost of little JonBenet will always be there."
    So...there you have it...for the most part.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    The college kid said cars of people came by every week to get out take pictures all around the house. This was 7 1/2 years AFTER the crime when nothing major was going on with the case.
    Get out of here!

CARS of people?

Sounds like a white trash mecca to me! :tipsy: :eat:

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase
    Get out of here!

CARS of people?

Sounds like a white trash mecca to me! :tipsy: :eat:
    I will deny to my dying day that I was in a van of hot rockin' FFJ chicks taking pictures outside the Ramsey house. No Way. Wasn't me.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia
    I will deny to my dying day that I was in a van of hot rockin' FFJ chicks taking pictures outside the Ramsey house. No Way. Wasn't me.
    Ummm ... specifically, the college kid said there was ONE van load he'll never forget because of a blonde babe named Tricia who seemed to be their leader. At least, she was the one in charge of the gallon jug of Wild Turkey.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    Ummm ... specifically, the college kid said there was ONE van load he'll never forget because of a blonde babe named Tricia who seemed to be their leader. At least, she was the one in charge of the gallon jug of Wild Turkey.
    Maybe THAT's why I saw Lou Smit........and if you want to get down to the nitty gritty - that young man was far easier on the eye than that gawdyass house. If you ever go, please do not miss the back alley, Fernie had to have lost those Superman vision eyeglasses somewhere there......

Love,
    The Blonde Beatch Down the Road
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."