Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Here is some info I just found on Material Fact disclosures...

http://homebuying.about.com/od/homed...q2Disclose.htm

Federal Disclosures
    Every state has its own laws regarding disclosures, so the forms will vary depending on where you live. Download Sellers' Disclosures.

A federal disclosure such as Lead-Based Paint is required for all transactions if the home was built before 1978. The disclosure also gives the buyer 10-days to conduct inspections for lead-based paint, unless that time period contingency is waived in writing. It's considered good practice, however, to give every buyer, regardless of where she lives and regardless of the type of property she is under contract to purchase, the disclosure regarding lead-based paint. The potential for a lawsuit is too great to do otherwise. Besides, even though it's prohibited, there are still places where lead paint is sold.

Material Facts
    Material Facts are commonly referred to as anything that would affect the buyer's decision to purchase or the price and terms the buyer offers. In other words, if you have knowledge about a defect, it should be disclosed. In California, sellers are to notify buyers if a death has occurred on the property within the last 3 years. Some buyers are creeped out by knowledge that a seller died in the house.

A seller once asked me if she should tell the buyer that her husband died in their bedroom five years ago. Although the law doesn't require it, because the death occurred outside of the three-year window and because the buyer did not ask about it, I suggested she disclose this to the buyers, and she did. Moreover, if she had chosen to withhold this information from the buyer, I would have had to disclose it because now I had knowledge of a material fact.

Causes of Death
    Many home buyers are fine with news of a death occurring in the house as long as it wasn't violent or gruesome. There are also buyers who believe homes are haunted by former occupants who died in the house. If you have specific details, you might want to consider sharing it with the buyer unless it pertains to AIDS.
    Check with your local laws and a real estate lawyer for advice about deaths surrounding AIDS because in some states, AIDS falls into a protected class and could be subject to discrimination claims as well. There are times you're darned if you do and darned if you don't.

External Disclosures
    Some states require disclosures about items that affect or could affect the property such as:

* Earthquakes
    * Natural Hazards
    * Zoning Changes
    * Flood Zones
    * Fire Hazards
    * Noise Pollution
    * Ground Pollution
    * Air Pollution, among others.

- And in our area - mold and flooding of the house are included.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

I think the house is the biggest hodge-podge of building materials I have ever seen at that price. The additions on the back look like they were done at two different time and in two architectural styles...and there is a reason they aren't showing the front, because it is a third style!

As for the stairway, it loks like they removed the spiral one and put in regular stairs...they have done a lot to the inside of the house, which actually looks much better than before.
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

They neglected to "show" the spiral staircase. Maybe it's too infamous.

They also neglected to show the FRONT stairs, which were near the front door, I believe. Those were straight up.

The stairs you see in the photo labeled "kitchen", with the black and white vinyl tiles which may be original to the Ramsey decorating, are the set going to the butler's kitchen. That's the small food prep area for caterers to use, with the side exterior door that the RST love to claim was "open" that morning. That "open door" only became part of the "story" when one of the kidnapping party guests--Fernie, I think--claimed he noticed it open and that made it into the police reports. Others besides "the intruder" could have opened it, of course, including the Ramseys. Fernie got there after the Whites and, I'm thinking, after the police, though I honestly have heard so many versions through the years I may be misrembering that. I do know Fernie testified in one of the sideshow trials he got there after the Whites.

But the actual main kitchen isn't the one with the straight staircase, it's the one with the travertine tile and kitchen island, next to the dining room. They did a lot of remodeling in that kitchen.

What is it with that house and wallpaper?

The master bedroom is shown in two photos, and they're labeled, if you notice.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

The inside of the house has been improved from Patsy's flamboyant, bordering on tasteless decorating and some of the outside views are lovely.

Definitely a good tactic not to feature the well known front entrance. (Which, by the way, I thought was the back door when I first saw the house - simply because that weird little door didn't seem to match with the "mini-mansion" description of the house.)

Some of the exterior views of the home are quite nice, but there's still that stuck-on gigantic later addition to the home. While they may have gained lots of interior square footage, the addition doesn't match with the rest of the house at all. I think it looks absolutely tacky and wretched. Too bad Poor Patsy had no taste to go along with all the millions she spent working on and adding to her mini-mansion.

And another round....

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009...se-sale-again/

Ramsey house up for sale again

Home where JonBenet's body was found is back on the market

By Laura Snider (Contact)
    Originally published 10:48 a.m., May 29, 2009
    Updated 10:48 a.m., May 29, 2009

BOULDER, Colo. — The house where JonBenet Ramsey’s body was discovered more than 12 years ago is back on the market, again.

The 7,240-square-foot house at 749 15th St. is on the market for $2.29 million. The home, where John and Patsy Ramsey’s 6-year-old daughter was found dead in the basement, can be found listed at the Re/Max of Boulder’s online site, www.boulderco.com.

The online listing describes the home as a “spectacular and stunning 1920s Tudor masterpiece on gated oversized lot in coveted Uni Hill.”

John and Patsy Ramsey purchased the house, then known as 755 15th St., for $500,000 in 1991, according to Boulder County assessor records.

In 1998, the Ramseys sold the house for $650,000 to a group of investors, who pledged to resell it and donate profits to the JonBenet Ramsey Children’s Foundation. In 1999, E.J. “Doc” Kreis, a University of Colorado strength and conditioning coach, rented the house for two years.

In 2004, Tim Milner and his wife, Carol Schuller Milner — the daughter of “Hour of Power” televangelist Robert H. Schuller — purchased the home for $1.05 million.

Carol Milner did not return a phone call Friday, but Julie Meko, who is showing the home for Re/Max of Boulder, said she doesn’t think there will be a problem selling the home despite its association with the decade-old slaying.

“It’s a house that’s had lots of loving families in it,” Meko said. “It’s been 12 years (since the murder of JonBenet).”

Meko said it’s important to note that the Ramsey family only lived in the home for a few years of its 84-year existence.

She also said that, despite the downturn in the national housing market, “the good ones still have a chance of selling.”

“We have more inventory than usual,” she said. “But there are homes that have gone under contract and sold in this price range.”

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    In 1998, the Ramseys sold the house for $650,000 to a group of investors, who pledged to resell it and donate profits to the JonBenet Ramsey Children’s Foundation.
    Yeah, and that didn't happen, did it? We have the records from the Foundation, and not one penny from the house made it into their coffers. Why don't the reporters ever add that tidbit to the "pledge" paragraph they repeat in every story about the house?

What DID happen to the profits from the house sale when the investors were FINALLY able to find a sucker for a buyer in Carol Schuller Milner? What happened to the $1.5 million that went to the investors? If they bought it for $650,000 and sold it for $1.5 million, what happened to the difference?

And now Carol Schuller Milner thinks she can get $2.29 million for an albatross she only bought five years ago for $1.5 million? What has SHE been smoking?

No one wants that house. PERIOD. How many times have we heard that the Ramsey house is "back on the market"?

In twelve years, the house has only had one buyer, and that's Carol Schuller Milner. She got waxed by some fast-talking real estate agent, and now she not only wants her money back, she thinks she can make a profit. As far as I know, the Milners never lived in the house, or if they did, it was only for a short time.

Because the original investors could not find a buyer for the house, they finally agreed to rent it out so it wouldn't be a total loss. According to the media, it was rented to a CU coach, but he must have been subletting it to students because when I visited the house in March of 2004, three students were living there as renters. It was for sale even back then with a FOR SALE sign out front. How many times have we seen news articles about the Ramseys house being for sale "again." Give me a break. It's always been for sale except for a short time after Milner bought it.

Basically, the Ramseys soaked their friends for $650,000 for a house that no one wants. The friends suckered Milner into buying it for $1.5 million and pocketed the profit. Of course, by the time they sold it to Milner in 2004, the JBR Foundation didn't exist anymore, did it? Although Patsy claimed otherwise during John's election bid, the Foundation had been defunct for several years before that.

Carol Milner did not return a phone call Friday, but Julie Meko, who is showing the home for Re/Max of Boulder, said she doesn’t think there will be a problem selling the home despite its association with the decade-old slaying.
    Don't make me laugh! Meko is really trying to put a good spin on it, but what a crock. Meko doesn't think there will be a problem selling the home when it's been on the market for most of the past 12 years?

Yeah, right.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Cool

Stigmatized houses, as a rule, do not have much of a chance of getting sold! The more famous, the lower the odds...

Hate to drag Dr. Phil into this....but while channel surfing this week, one of his shows was about these type of houses. The main reference was that Tate house that was up for sale for waaaaaaaaay below market value. The original home where the Manson Murder's took place is no longer existing and there is a new one built on new dirt and facing a different direction with a new address....and No One Interested in Buying It. Someone eventually did recently for like 7 mill, less than half of what it is actually worth. The show was about fears that people have and I guess that his Wife has a fear of entering homes where murder has occurred......might be a transcipt somewhere around here: http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1134

The only other home that was referred to was The Hell Hole in Boulder and that was very brief! One or two quick shots of the house basically and no real mention other than "The Ramsey Home" and one lady did say that someone had bought that one....and that's the end of that piece of useless trivia I stumbled across last week....I don't recall (sounding like Patsy now) that Jonbenet's name was even said....just the word Ramsey.
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post

And now Carol Schuller Milner thinks she can get $2.29 million for an albatross she only bought five years ago for $1.5 million? What has SHE been smoking?

They have basically remodeled the home so drastically, it's hardly recognizable anymore. Maybe that's what they intended all along--a flip.

At any rate, the basement is SHOCKING. They even have a wine cellar...only very different.

I have no idea if they will get the money they want for it. I did some comparison shopping in Boulder's real estate listings and there are some truly beautiful homes in that price range and for much less, really. Not to mention, people in that income bracket don't usually want a bunch of gutter gossips and beer can collectors staring in their windows.... :beersign:

It will be interesting to see if Milner's strategy works. Good luck with that!
    Last edited by Cherokee; June 3, 2012, 5:07 pm at Sun Jun 3 17:07:43 UTC 2012.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Default The Front of the Ramsey Home

I have noticed that every single time this home has been for sale...they NEVER show pictures of the front of it, because it is so infamous. Does the realtor not realize that people are going to want to come and look at the home in person..and when they pull up...its not going to be to the back of the house?? Sooner or later...they WILL see the infamous front...and then, if it were me...I would get back into my car, and keep on looking.

Default Video link

http://realvideotour.com/VT0749/

This is a video link of the Ramsey home as it looks now. A virtual tour....
    It even shows the basement, and going down the stairs straight ahead...there is a scroll and some other type decoration on the wall, this is the portion that was bricked up. Credit goes to another poster, TANJLA....over at WBS for this link.

Quote Originally Posted by AMES View Post
    http://realvideotour.com/VT0749/

This is a video link of the Ramsey home as it looks now. A virtual tour....
    It even shows the basement, and going down the stairs straight ahead...there is a scroll and some other type decoration on the wall, this is the portion that was bricked up. Credit goes to another poster, TANJLA....over at WBS for this link.
    Thanks, Ames, for posting the video link.

Here is a screen capture of the wall with the ironwork decoration you mentioned. I don't know why, but just knowing JonBenet's body was found beyond that wall makes me feel uncomfortable. Even though the room has been walled up as if it doesn't exist, it still stands (like the tomb it once was) behind the stylish decor. If only those walls could speak.
    Attached Images Attached Images