Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Schuller family list JonBenet Ramsey home for $2.3 million

The house, purchased in 2004 by Crystal Cathedral founder Robert H. Schuller's son-in-law, Tim Milner and daughter Carol Schuller Milner, has been listed at $2.3 million, according to an Associated Press report.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/jonbe...e-million.html

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

What a difference, right? Yet some chilling features remain- the walk-in fridge, the black/white tile floor.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by fr brown View Post
    Schuller family list JonBenet Ramsey home for $2.3 million

The house, purchased in 2004 by Crystal Cathedral founder Robert H. Schuller's son-in-law, Tim Milner and daughter Carol Schuller Milner, has been listed at $2.3 million, according to an Associated Press report.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/jonbe...e-million.html
    I posted this info on WS, as has another poster as well. Thank you for posting it here!
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Thanks for the heads-up, peeps.

That house is cursed now. Everyone who has lived in it since the Ramseys has had scandal and trouble: child molestation and murder; allegations that the resident/Co. coach molested a teen student there; and now the owners are involved in an investigation of shady accounting practices alleging the ripping off a church and the small businesses it claims it can't pay for huge amounts of money. (Notice all allegations of these wealthy Boulderites have yet to end in charges or trial. Hmmm....)

Read what Carol Milner says about it in the interview with her: I'm not buying it.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/milne...|cat:0|order:4

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Westword has scored a more in depth interview with Carol Milner, about the Ramsey home, living there, etc. I can see that she took lemons and tried to make lemonade. I hope it works out for her, I really do. Maybe then she can take that million dollars she makes on the home and pay back some of the small businesses who never got paid for their services in that extravagant [bankrupt] Crystal Cathedral production she used her artistic skills to produce for one performance.

As for me, she reminds me a lot of Patsy Ramsey. A LOT.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...ale_photos.php

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Red face

That shows a lot of redecorating in the house. With all the new floors and carpets I was surprised to still see the black and white floor in the butler's pantry. The basement redo was also remarkable in that they took down all the walls that it used to have and made that nice big entertainment room. Still and all I was glad to hear that she CSM didn't get bad vibes from the house. I'm not sure how I feel about it all. New floors and paint can't alway block memories.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    That shows a lot of redecorating in the house. With all the new floors and carpets I was surprised to still see the black and white floor in the butler's pantry. The basement redo was also remarkable in that they took down all the walls that it used to have and made that nice big entertainment room. Still and all I was glad to hear that she CSM didn't get bad vibes from the house. I'm not sure how I feel about it all. New floors and paint can't alway block memories.
    I was surprised about the black and white butler's pantry flooring as well, zoomama. With all the money they spent, you'd think they'd have gotten rid of that, as it's not in keeping with the rest of the decor, either.

I think they've done a great job with the house. Can they sell it for that price, in that neighborhood, with its history, in this market? Only time will tell, I guess. Since the church is now bankrupt, they may not have the bargaining power they once had, though. Or maybe they have investors who will back them.

Like you, I have so many negative associations with the house myself, just through photos and knowing what kind of terrible things happened there and spun out from the Ramseys since, I can never forget that.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

The black/white tile floor may actually be marble, and possibly they didn't want to rip out such a pricy floor. They obviously didn't have a problem with what happened in that house, so leaving the floor was not an issue. I had read they did take out the spiral stairs, putting in a more traditional staircase.
    I can't imagine anyone buying that house and NOT knowing about JB's murder there. It has been changed dramatically, true. But even if a potential buyer isn't troubled by any fear of paranormal activity there (often associated with a violent death) they would still have to deal with the troublesome trespassers, curiosity-seekers, etc. THAT may be what keeps a buyer away.

Thumbs up

Oh and one more thought on the house: I noticed that in several of the photos they used what may have been a side door then as the front door now. The famous peaked roof front door and candy cane walkway entrance is almost obscured from view (at least in these photos) and we are shown the other entrance.

As a side note when we visited the house 6 years ago (has it been that long!) they had already put up the iron fence in front and planted several bushes and trees in that same front area to sort of hide it I guess. I'm sure that was done to hide that famous entrance and change it. I am to understand the looky loos still ride by all the time...hidden or not it is still there.

And a further aside, I recently saw a picture of the famous house where OJ killed his ex wife. It is completely changed by adding a high solid stucco wall to hide the brick walkway that had all of her blood on it in the photos. There is nothing to see at all. Just fyi
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

Default The Milners can't sell the Ramsey house albatross!

According to the listing at :

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/74...13182008_zpid/

Timothy and Carol Milner (daughter of Robert Schuller) took the Ramsey house off the market on 4 April 2012 after having it listed for sale for over a year. Beginning 8 February 2011, the Milners were asking $2,300,000 for the house.

By the way, the Milner's asking price of over $2 million is more than twice, and even three times, as much as the worth of other houses in that neighborhood! It's no wonder the "Hell Hole" hasn't sold. You'd think the Milner's would cut their losses and run, but apparently, they can't admit they were suckers and bought a pig in a poke, then spent a bunch more money trying to turn it into a silk purse.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cherokee; June 3, 2012, 5:15 pm at Sun Jun 3 17:15:23 UTC 2012.

The Ramsey house should be bulldozed! The End!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    The Ramsey house should be bulldozed! The End!
    Agree, Elle. It's got a load of bad karma on it now, metaphorically speaking.

A U. of Co. coach who once lived there was accused of sexual misconduct with a student, if memory serves. He lost his job.

The current owner paid for this house with money she "made" from her daddy's ministry--Robert Shuller. Now his church has been in a huge scandal, accused of grossly over-paying his family members who worked for him while the rest of the employees and vendors went unpaid. The congregation was left with the bankruptcy bill: the Crystal Cathedral was managed with greed and ego.

Now Shuler's daughter who still owns the Hellhole has it over-priced and it won't sell. Not to mention...the murder thing.
    Last edited by Cherokee; June 2, 2012, 2:08 pm at Sat Jun 2 14:08:05 UTC 2012.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~