9 yr old girl stun-gunned, unhurt

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Why_Nut, May 28, 2004.

1. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

What was that again about how a mere child, and a girl at that, would certainly be knocked flat by a stun gun?

http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/dailystar/23888.php

A 9-year-old handcuffed girl was swearing, thrashing and attempting to kick out a patrol car window when a South Tucson police sergeant used a stun gun to subdue her, according to police reports released Thursday.

Hood called Sgt. Armando Teyechea for backup because in prior contacts with the girl she was combative, "fighting, biting, kicking and punching school staff and other police officers," Hood wrote. The girl is 4 feet, 7 inches tall and weighs 85 pounds.

Hood handcuffed the girl and placed her in the back of his patrol car. Teyechea and two officials from the Arizona's Children Association home, 2700 S. Eighth Ave., had also arrived.

Hood was attempting to place leg restraints on the girl "to keep her from kicking the window out," he wrote, when the girl kicked him several times.

Teyechea wrote that the girl was "screaming, kicking, flailing and would not listen" when he approached her with the Taser. He told staffers from the home that he was going to tell the girl to calm down and warn her that he would use the Taser if she didn't.

The girl continued swearing at the officers and after warning her again with the Taser, Teyechea applied the stun gun to her right thigh.

The girl, whom the Star is not identifying because of her age, screamed that it hurt and calmed down.
    Teyechea told her to comply or she would be shocked again. The girl was not injured and received no medical treatment.

The Taser administers 50,000 volts and four-thousandths of an amp. It can be used in contact with a person or through two probes connected to 21-foot wires fired out of a cartridge. The shock overrides the central nervous system and causes complete, involuntary muscle contraction.

An official with the Scottsdale company that manufactures the Taser told the Star earlier this week that the stun guns have been used on children in other incidents nationally, but they do no more harm to children than adults and often result in less-serious injuries.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Oh yeh, right, now they're trying to tell us the stun gun didn't knock this girl unconscious? Heh. Imagine that.

3. Little

Little Member

story I found last year

I found this story while on vacation - gee, I guess it's been longer than I thought!! Anyway, I did contact the writer to see if there was more information. At his suggestion I contacted the local library. I didn't receive a reply so I just sort of filed this away. I was interested in what the marks looked like.

"Guilty
    City man convicted of stun gun attack
    Troy Sellers Sun-Gazette Staff
    It was Mark D. Tanner who lured a 10-year-old girl into a Newberry alley late in 2001 and zapped her three times with a stun gun, a jury in Lycoming County Court ruled Friday.
    Tanner, 27, was found guilty of carrying out the vicious attack on the girl, which included counts of kidnapping, aggravated assault and unlawful restraint. Tanner, however, was acquitted on two counts of attempted kidnapping related to an incident in July 2002.
    “I think, thankfully, the jury found he didn’t go quite far enough (in the second incident),†Assistant District Attorney Donald F. Martino said. “We stopped him in time.â€
    That wasn’t the case on Dec. 4, 2001, however, when Tanner spoke to three children in the area of the 800 block of Poplar Street. The man said he needed help finding his dog. A few minutes later, Tanner was alone with the girl, led her down an alley and into a secluded yard, where he tackled her, choked her and zapped her with the stun gun three times.
    Tanner wasn’t charged until last year, however, after the incident in the same area. Tanner was accused of approaching two children and asking for their help in finding his daughter. One of the youngsters’ older brother alerted his mother.
    Later, neighbors helped police find Tanner, who gave a confession to police. He also showed officers the different points where he met the children and the alley he took the girl into.
    In court earlier this week, the three children identified Tanner as the man who approached them. Those identifications or the confession could have stood on their own, Martino said.
    “Either one of those two gets us a conviction,†he said. “In this case we had both.â€
    Testimony covered three days before the jury began deliberations late Thursday. At that point, they informed Judge Kenneth D. Brown they wished to break for the evening.
    Friday morning, the jury asked for the definition of attempted kidnapping to be re-read to them. Less than an hour later, they had their verdicts.
    Tanner, formerly of 614 Pine St., has been in the Lycoming County Prison in lieu of $500,000 bail since his arrest. Brown retained bail at that figure and scheduled sentencing for Oct. 14.
    According to Martino, a sentence in the range of 10 to 20 years is possible.
    “I think that would be appropriate, given the injuries to (the victim),†he said.
    “I’m glad he’s off the street.â€
    As appearing in Saturday - August 23, 2003 edition of The Sun-Gazette"

http://www.sungazette.com/articles.asp?articleID=6796

4. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

So what difference does it make whether a stun gun can knock a kid down or not? Virtually every stun gun "expert" and CSI people say JBR was not "stunned."

5. Quinn

Quinn Member

I THINK THEY WERE TRYING TO PROOV THAT A STUN GUN WASN'T USED BY SAYING FROM THE SHOCK PEOPLE SCREAM,HENCE THE RAMSEY'S WOULD HAVE HEARD HER. UNLESS THEY WERE THE ONES TO USE IT

6. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Those with an ounce of credibility have said over and over that JBR was not stun-gunned. How many times do we have to prove the world's not flat and the center of the universe?

7. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

I find this really interesting...

...in that Richard Illes was convicted in the same court. Maybe they can be cellmates together, that would be a stunning move on behalf of the PA authorities, a killer decision. Soap on a rope, anyone? Oh, yeah, and Pastey didn't own a stun gun, did she?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice