DNA found on JB yields no match

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

DNA found on JonBenét yields no match

By Mike McPhee Karen Augé and Howard Pankratz
    Denver Post Staff Writers

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~56~2191170,00.html

A DNA profile of blood taken from JonBenét Ramsey's underpants does not match any of the more than 1.5 million DNA profiles in the FBI's database, according to the Denver Police Department's crime lab.

"I can tell you that the entire database has been searched, and not one profile was a match," said an officer familiar with the proceedings who did not want to be named.

Lin Wood, the attorney for parents John and Patsy Ramsey, said he had been told the same thing, adding that Ramsey family members also do not match the DNA profile.

Also Thursday, Boulder District Attorney Mary Keenan said a grand jury that began meeting in February was not looking into the nearly 8-year- old unsolved murder of JonBenét Ramsey.

Grand juries, once rare in Boulder, now are convened every year because the district's population has grown, said Amy Waddle, administrator for the 20th District Court.

*snip*

In November 2003, the Denver police crime lab submitted the genetic profile taken from a spot of blood found in JonBenét's underwear to the FBI's database.

The DNA profile will remain in the FBI database, so future matches are possible.

Wood said the DNA profile submitted in November came from a spot of blood found in the crotch of the underwear JonBenét was wearing when her body was found.

The FBI, at its headquarters in Quantico, Va., maintains a database of roughly 1.5 million DNA profiles, mostly of convicted felons. Known as CODIS, or Computerized DNA Index System, the database is the largest collection of DNA profiles in the country.

*snip*

2. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

I am so not surprised.

3. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

As we say in Utah, "OH MY HECK what a surprise." NOT

This "sick puppy" who committed the murder just stopped after this one. Of course when other sick puppies commit crimes against children they don't stop but not this guy.

I guess this hairless, DNA less, fingerprint less, writing like Patsy, circus monkey, type killer got it all out of his system.

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

"writing like Patsy..."

LOL, Tricia. Even Patsy's mother stated someone tried to write like Patsy in that ransom note. If that's not an incriminating statement, I don't know what is. Her own mother recognized that the writing on the note looked like Patsy's.

Imagine that.

I am shocked that there was not a match, too. Not.

5. Tez

Tez Member

Well....

Next, we will hear how there wasn't enough markers to identify it. You know how that RST works.....

With that said, I am not surprised either.

6. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Hey you guys, we should be celebrating at this news! Once again, the Ramseys, Lin Wood and the BDA PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that the BPD really ARE competent enough to have said it's a waste of county money to pursue that DNA sample. Would told-ya-so's been inappropriate???So much for that defense!

7. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

I saw a little blurb on Fox News about this and thought it was odd that they would even run it...but then got to thinking -- it just shows how insignificant the DNA thing is....since there is no match-the killer never left his DNA at any other crime scene...LOL

8. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Note that the Ramseys stopped talking about the DNA under the fingernails over a year ago. Snicker.

Howabout it, ol' Lin?

9. Niner

Niner Active Member

well - surprise, surprise!! ::shocked2 ::shocked2 NOT!!! :tipsy:

just checking in today - have been SO busy still at work and have NOT been able to read anything! just stopping by today to let you all know that I'm still alive!

Oh - THANKS A BUNCH Lurker - got my bee pin!! :thumbsup: :bee: :bee:

Got so much to do today - I'll see you all later!!

:freecs:

10. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Hi, Niner

Glad you got your bee pin.

That Tricia is the greatest, isn't she? She sent out about 20 pins to my Illes forumites, and a whole lot more to the loyal inhabitants of the hive.

We should all BEE happy to have such a wonderful and generous Queen Bee!

11. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I never got that mink poodle pin

12. Ginja

Ginja Member

Oh oh oh....

What am I doing wrong???? I didn't get a bee pin! Where do I sign up.

Of course, I haven't been around for what seems forever so I guess I missed the boat, eh?

FYI...my mom's doing great and has no sign of cancer left. It didn't spread into the lymphnodes and the path report came back that it was stage 1.

My babies (dogs) are in the hospital today. Beri's having surgery and Belle's having her glucose monitored. She's up to 5 units 2x/day...quite a lot for a 10 lb dog but the Cushing's disease has complicated things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice