Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Well I'm Irish...my family is Irish and I have to say in all my 40 years I've NEVER EVER heard that word spoken much less as an endearment. While the F word is an adjective to most of us, the C word is a vulgar, unspoken, fighting word.

The men would kill someone to hear them call any woman in our family by that name.... and then us woman would get our turn.

Default hahahahaha

Jayelle, that is priceless.

I'm laughing out loud over this thread...like JR said, ya, call me that in endearment and I'll show you what I'm made of hahahahahahaha

OK, now does that mean Imon can come back here?

Default Objection BobC!

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    Jayelle--it may be the younger generation who uses it all the time. Half of my housemate Shawn's relatives still live in Ireland and I've retrieved many a drunken message off the answering machine where the c-word was used most liberally!
    Like Jayelles, I'm from Scotland, but I have an Irish background, and I can assure you I never heard the c word mentioned amongst any of our relations. btw I was in Ireland in the year 2000, and I visited North and South, and I never heard the c word mentioned once the whole time I was there, so I think you have some unusual Irish friends, Bob. Into the bargain, while growing up in Scotland, many of our neighbours were Irish, and I repeat, I never heard the c word mentiond as a child, or as an adult any time I was with these families.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

OMG, I haven't laughed this hard at a forum thread in many years! I too am proud to be Irish and I've never heard the c-word used as a term of endearment in that or any other culture, young or old. Tricia, Chaucer has nothing on you! I agree, we should all send endearing letters to Ms. Hoffman.