RMN/Brennan artilce about the Crock.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

CU prof pushes idea that intruder killed 6-year-old in Boulder

By Charlie Brennan, Rocky Mountain News
    June 15, 2004

A new documentary on the JonBenet Ramsey case airing today in Great Britain, produced by a University of Colorado journalism professor, advances a theory that JonBenet was killed by an intruder who committed suicide soon afterward.

The documentary, co-produced by CU's Michael Tracey and titled Who Killed the Pageant Queen?, focuses on Michael Helgoth as a prime suspect in JonBenet's murder. It also suggests he might have been helped in the crime by a second, unidentified person, who is still at large.

It is not known when, or if, the piece will be aired in this country.

Helgoth, 26, fatally shot himself in his Boulder residence Feb. 14, 1997, one day after then-Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter said in a televised news conference that investigators were narrowing their list of suspects.

"We will see that justice is served and that you will pay for what you've done to this beautiful little girl," Hunter said that day.

Helgoth was brought to authorities' attention by Colorado Springs private investigator Ollie Gray and former El Paso County sheriff's homicide Detective Lou Smit.

Tracey's one-hour documentary is airing on ITV1, Great Britain's largest commercial network.

The documentary reports that Helgoth owned a stun gun. Smit, who worked on the case for Hunter, and then later on his own, said he believes a stun gun was used the Christmas night murder in 1996.

Also, Helgoth had owned a pair of Hi-Tec boots. That is potentially significant because police found a print made by such a shoe near the spot in the basement of the Ramseys' Boulder home where 6-year-old JonBenet's body was found.

"I think that Helgoth still needs to be investigated," Gray said. "His associates need to be investigated, and I think his death needs to be investigated."

"We did investigate Helgoth," said Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner. "And all I can tell you is that there was no DNA match.

"And we looked at a pair of (Helgoth's) boots that had been turned in by the Ramseys' private detectives, and they were compared and didn't match. We didn't have anything further to go on."

Snip

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````
    Don't you just love how when Helgoth doesn't fit as the perp they pull one right out of their asss and say, "Well musta been his friend."

WHEN IS SOMEONE GOING TO COME FORWARD AND DO THE RIGHT THING TO SHUT THESE IDIOTS UP.

Smit has helped Tracey. No question. He should be taken off the Ramsey case as should Keenan.

This stuff makes me so angry.

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Yeah that terrifying Alex Hunter--one threat from him and I'd sure put a gun to my head.

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Heh, you mean the pudgy doughboy from Boulder, Bob? I think you're wrong; he would scare me to death if I happened to come upon him getting out of his hot tub in all his pasty white skinned glory.

4. Watching You

Tricia, these people have an agenda, and they are not going to shut up until they have thoroughly tried the defense's side in the public eye. Sometimes I think it's a good thing because it could seriously backfire on them, and I think it probably will. Other times it infuriates me. I don't think Tracey has much credibility these days, personally.

5. BobC

This whole thing is turning so evil. I don't understand why Brennan is still writing about a stun gun when that whole theory has been discounted years ago? And why is he acknowledging this idiocy when he knows Bootboy was cleared years ago? THIS GUY NEVER WAS A SUSPECT. there isn't one thing linking him to this crime so why are we even giving Tracy this publicity.

You know if this is the way our legal system works--with this kind of subterfuge and dishonesty--then I think America deserves to crumble. Watching this kind of propaganda working makes me really understand how corrupt our system is. It makes me wonder what else is going on out there. I no longer tell people we have the greatest legal system in the world--because it's no longer true. I think it's corrupt as hell. You can lose your job in this country for saying a word that offends a coworker--but you can have a slaughtered little girl in your home, be the number one and number two suspects in that murder, and you can not only make hundreds of thousands of dollars off it AND run for the legislature. This is a great country? I think this nation is morally bankrupt and getting worse every day.

Oh and I forgot--you can frame an innocent man, BASED ON ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, and sit back as article after article bolsters this lie in the media. This is a great system? I'd hate to see a bad one!

6. Watching You

I so agree with you, Bob. Once in a while, the system still works, though. Just look at the Illes case. That was one of the good ones, and I was glad to see the right result in that case. However, consider the people involved - the Pennsylvania people I know (and I know a few) are decent, honest people.

Then, there's Boulder. And California.

7. BobC

well justice shouldn't hinge on who can afford an effective propaganda campaign and who can hire the most vicious lawyer. America is all about the money and nobody has any morals anymore.

8. BobC

9. Watching You

With the exception of a very few in Boulder, I do believe it has to be the home of some of the most ignorant people on the planet.

10. Tricia

OMG

Hoffman: C-Word Once 'Term Of Endearment'
    CU Spokeswoman: Term Not Negative Centuries Ago

POSTED: 5:45 am MDT June 15, 2004

DENVER -- The president of the University of Colorado would not say in a sworn deposition whether she considered a certain slur against women "vile," and later said she had heard it used as "a term of endearment," according to media reports.

CU President Elizabeth Hoffman (pictured, left) made the statement in a deposition for lawsuits filed by three women who allege they were sexually assaulted by football players and recruits who went to a party at one of the women's apartments in 2001, the reports indicated.

The deposition that was scheduled to be released Tuesday.

During Hoffman's deposition, one woman's attorney said the slur had been used by a CU football player against a female teammate. The attorney asked Hoffman if she thought the term was "a filthy and vile word."

Often described as the "c-word," the slur became the subject of a protracted exchange between Hoffman and the attorney.

Hoffman replied that it was a "swear word" and that its meaning depended on the circumstances in which it was used, the station reported.

When asked if it could ever be used in a polite context, Hoffman replied, "Yes, I've actually heard it used as a term of endearment."

University spokeswoman Michele Ames said Hoffman knows the current use of the word has "negative connotations" but in its original use, centuries ago, it was not a negative.

"Because she is a medieval scholar, she is also aware of the long history of the word dating back to at least Chaucer," Ames said. Geoffrey Chaucer, one of the earliest English writers, lived in the late 1300s and used the word in "The Canterbury Tales."

The comment drew the ire of Regina Cowles, president of the Boulder National Organization of Women, who called Hoffman's response outrageous and not acceptable.

She said Hoffman's defense of the word, "doesn't even pass the red-face test."

"It is so clear what that word is about," she told the Boulder Daily Camera. "It's used to dehumanize a woman, and strip her of her decency."

*snip*
    `````````````````````````````````````````````
    "When asked if it could ever be used in a polite context, Hoffman replied, "Yes, I've actually heard it used as a term of endearment."

Has anyone ever been called the "C" word and thought of it as a term of endearment?

I can see it now with a new line of Hallmark cards.

"Happy Valentines my lovely C**T"

Or how 'bout this in a lovely anniversary card.

"How can I tell you I love you?
    It doesn't rhyme with Punt
    It doesn't rhyme with Hunt
    The only way to express my deepest love for you is to shout to the world,
    YOU ARE MY C**T."

I can't take Boulder anymore. I can't. I am now officially over the edge.

I am looking for a hospital right now. I'll show them the article and tell them this is why I need 24.7 therapy.

11. Watching You

LOL, Tricia. This is a university president speaking. Is it any wonder there are no morals, few principles, rampant dishonesty, and growing stupidity among the population?

The c-word, such a lovely term of endearment.

12. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

"When asked if it could ever be used in a polite context, Hoffman replied, "Yes, I've actually heard it used as a term of endearment."

I would say that the implied completion of that sentence, "Yes, I've actually heard it used as a term of endearment directed at me," does not really count as actually making it an endearing term.

13. Tricia

LOL Why_Nut have I told you lately that I love you!!!

14. Watching You

Heh, when I go home today, I'm going to pick my cat up and say, "come here, my precious little c_nt, let me squeeze you." Then, I'm going to call my girls and say, "I just called to say how much I love you, my darling c_nts."

When my cop daughter walks through the door tonight for dinner, I'm going to hug her and say, "Dinner's ready, my beloved c_nt."

I think we should all send the president of CSU letters, addressed to Ms. Endearing C_nt, President, with pictures of what she can do with her terms of endearment.

15. BobC

Lol

You know the Irish use that word all the time in regular conversation. I've had several off-the-boat Irish friends over the years whom I've had to pull aside and explain that over here, women are not exactly going to be thrilled hearing that word in every other sentence. But they call men c_nts too, by the way. I just went to see Shane McGowan of the Pogues a couple of months ago and every other word out of his mouth was the c-word!

16. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Oops

A well known British actress called Diana Dors had the unusual real name of Diana Fluck. In her autobiography, she recalled an occasion when she was asked to open a fete in her home village. She had lunch with the vicar beforehand and naturally, they subject of her real name and connections with the village arose.

At 2pm, the vicar made his way to the rostra and began his introduction -"Ladies & Gentlemen, we are indeed extremely lucky to have that great star Miss Diana Dors to open our fete. We all know her as our local lass coming home, so please, Ladies & Gentlemen, put your hands together for our Miss Diana Clunt".

17. Tricia

LOL Thanks Jayelles.

18. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Thankfully, I've never heard the Irish use that particular word, but they do say the "F" word a lot in normal, polite conversation. I was glad that I'd been warned about this before a recent trip to Dublin. I was still surprised to hear it tho'. In Scotland, someone would still be considered foul-mouthed for swearing a lot.

19. Tricia

Ok I had a really funny post but it was in such poor taste I deleted it.

Maybe I'll bring it back.

I am still cracking up over this highly educated woman trying to say the "C" word is a term of endearment.

FROM FOOTBALL PLAYERS??? Yeah right.

20. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

The first person that holds me that dear is going to be knocked on his/her :behind:

:bsflag:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice