Letter from Patsy, June 16

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

http://www.supportramsey.com/default.asp?siteID=16

Letter from Patsy
    June 16th Letter
    Wednesday, June 16, 2004

June 16th, 2004

Dear Family & Friends,

I hope all is well with you.

I am writing you today to update you on my health status and talk a little about John’s campaign. This past weekend I participated in the national Relay for Life Cancer benefit in Cheboygan, MI. It was a wonderful experience in a community that we have been spending a great deal of time in.

As you know, I am celebrating eleven years as a survivor and praying for many more. With regard to this tough battle, two weeks ago I took Chemotherapy #4 and had a severe adverse reaction. Today I will take treatment #5 in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital so that I can be closely monitored. The good news is that I am responding very well to the chemotherapy and the tumor is shrinking! We are praising God for that!

The bad news is that I will be unable to assist with the campaign while I am in the hospital. In light of the fact that I have to deal with the aftermath of two more chemo treatments, I won’t be able to physically handle all the things I’ve been doing for John’s campaign lately – like going door-to-door, handing out literature in parades, and most importantly, fundraising.

So… I NEED YOUR HELP !

Because of our unique situation, we have to do a significant amount media in order to get our message out and correct past misperceptions. We are currently ahead in the most recent poll that was run, but we are expecting one of our opponents to be very negative in his campaign tactics. In order to fight this, it requires a great deal of fundraising effort. The Primary Election is seven weeks from today, therefore we need help from supporters such as you. And we need your help now. Your contributions will help us pay for important television, radio, and direct mail advertising.

Thank you very much to the numerous people who have donated so far, both online and in the mail. Your support is appreciated in this critical time.

If you have not yet helped us in this important effort, or have not yet sent the maximum of $500 per person, please help by making an online donation to the Friends to Elect Ramsey by clicking here. If you prefer, you can send as big a check as possible to: Friends to Elect John Ramsey – 106 W. Carpenter St., Charlevoix, MI 49720.

I simply can’t be everywhere and I am not going to be able to spend time on the telephone talking with each of your while I am in chemotherapy. But we need to help John so I’m counting on YOU!

Thank you for your prayers and your financial support. I’ll let you know how the next two chemos go. God bless.

Love,

Patsy

2. Watching You

I must tell you, this doesn't sound good for Patsy, regardless of how upbeat she tries to make it. This cancer has got a strong grip on her. They can keep zapping it for a while, but chances are it's going to show up in other places on her body soon. Not trying to be negative. I am a realist.

3. Tez

Tez Member

Yep, I will be writing that check anytime now...NOT!

I am glad her tumor is shrinking, I don't wish ill health on anyone. I just don't like her using it as a way to make more money for John-Boy. :rage:

4. Watching You

Yup, once again, it's all about them and their "unique situation." Like everyone should dig deep because Patsy has cancer. I think this is very tacky, but I've grown used to "tacky" with the Ramseys.

5. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Couldn't agree more. No, I do not wish her cancer to spread. I am sorry about that, truly. But I can't help but say that the Ramseys have no trouble asking for money. Perhaps Jameson can make the maximum donation of $500 under each of her hats. That ought to take care of the $40,000 she got from the tabloids.

As far as their particular "unique situation" goes, I would say that they brought it on themselves. Even if they are innocent, they hid out and stonewalled being interviewed by the police, they hindered the investigation, threw innocent people to the wolves, and continue to this day to withhold facts of that night. Maybe they just need to take their act offstage for awhile and live in obscurity. If they think that is impossible, tell them to start by calling off their rabid little hyena of an ambulance chaser, and then to quit throwing themselves into the limelight.

Good riddance.

6. Watching You

There is something about this that is really blistering my butt.

It's JR's campaign - he's the one who is running for office. Why is his sick wife doing all the begging for money?

I don't think that's what's bugging me the most, though. It's the cancer thing - the support thing, or lack of it, I should say.

If my spouse were going through chemotherapy for metastazised cancer, which Patsy has, my priority would be my spouse - not campaigning for office. This is just so deja vu - Ramsey didn't go with Patsy for her treatments during her first bout with cancer.

Maybe it's just me, but I know how sick chemo makes you, not to mention that Patsy is fighting for her life. Instead of JR making sacrifices in order to be with his wife, his wife is doing the chit work of begging for money, and make no mistake about it - she IS begging for money.

I've thought this family strange from the beginning, and I still think they have the strangest values of any family I've ever known.

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Two Words?

Sympathy Vote.

RR

8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

They are ahead in the polls!

I would like to know the places of the poll as well as the actual number of people polled. Aren't there 5 folks running for that one spot? Are they all Republicans or is it a split between the other parties? Does anyone know?

9. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I hate to be so cynical but River Rat I have to admit I think you're right.

10. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

I pray that Patsy gets through this chemo safely and that her cancer does not return again. I agree with Watching You though, John owes it to his wife to drop out of this race and be at her side if she is truly this ill. He has time to chase his political ambitions later. He may not have time to be by Patsy's side later. He needs to get his priorities in order for once. Jerk.

Since we know John isn't about to do the right thing, maybe :doughboy: can pass out "bonuses" and have everyone in his office donate the maximum $500 since he has gotten so rich off of that dead child's murder. What are we talking here - a couple of horses? I don't want to hear the "ethics" BS either - we know he has none.

JMH&CPO

...and hey, I gave my :2cents: which is all I intend to donate to this campaign. After all, I now feel obligated to change political parties.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2004
  11. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Just think of all the money they could have raised for the JBR foundation if only they'd wanted to.......500 bucks a pop....priorities I reckon.

12. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I remember my father when my mother was going through chemo.

He NEVER left her side. Bills, business, everything was put on hold.

He was cradling her in his arms when she passed.

I can't fathom my father running for office during this time.

From my heart I pray that Patsy does beat this demon.

13. Watching You

It all makes JR seem so indifferent, doesn't it? If not for Patsy's sake, how about for his son's sake? What an example for Burke - family is secondary to self-promotion and self-interest. I mean, it's only Burke's mother.

14. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I dunno.....I kinda lean to Patsy having a martyrdom syndrome.... no matter whats going on in her life Miss Patsy (that steel magnolia) is gonna grin and bear it and beat it with that winner/survivor attitude. Don't you know Patsy is an absolute angel always putting others before herself.
    I think she gets off on all this attention of being a poor victim left to fend for herself while her husband is on show as the cold, not available husband, that he could very well be.
    But I believe this works out well for Pats...she gets the attention she craves one way or another...be it having to write to all your friends and associates or cash donors and letting them in the know all. jmo

15. Watching You

Yeah, that, too, Freebird.

16. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Anyone know who Patsy is referring to here?

17. BobC

I don't know, but I hope she's right.

18. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Tacky, tacky, tacky!

When will we see the campaign poster of Patsy lying on her hospital bed getting chemo--with her hand out?

"Just $500 each. That's all we need from you, folks! Do I have to get up off my hospital bed and wring it out of you?"

These two are the most unlikeable people on the planet.

Zoomama, what polls, indeed? There are 5 Republicans and two Democrats running in the primary.

Watch John drop out, due to Patsy's ill health, and run off with the bag of money that stupid people have sent to his campagn coffers.

19. BobC

Tacky is right!

Patsy is playing the cancer card yet again. I thought she was cured by God years ago? Apparently not.

Guys Adam at CS has done a very interesting comparison between the ransom note and this latest Patsy letter. It's really worth checking out.

20. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice