The Ramseys and "lynchings" and "lynch mobs"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JustinCase, Jun 20, 2004.

1. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

I've compiled a list of (almost) every time "lynch mob" or "lynching" is used in reference to the media coverage of the investigation or the internet following.

I don't know about anyone else, but to liken their situation to that of victims of lynchings is politically incorrect to start and illustrates their lack of the capacity to understand that even just using the term incites strong emotions in many people for a variety of reasons.

The defenition of "lynching" is as follows:

Here's the list. Not surprising, Susan Bennett leads the pack in terms of times the terms has been used per person however it really makes no difference given the fact that the term has so carelessly been used.

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/09271998twentytwenty.htm
    DIANE SAWYER On Friday, we spoke to lawyers for John and Patsy Ramsey. They told us that they believe the Ramseys are the innocent victims of a, quote, "unprecedented and vicious media assault, attempting to influence the grand jury." They also believe police have stirred up, in their words, "a LYNCH MOB." The lawyers say it is difficult to address specifics without seeing the actual police reports. And added that they have not heard the 911 enhancement.

“Michael Tracey declined to voice his own opinion on the Ramsey’s' guilt or innocence.†What I do know is the basis for the public belief in their guilt is deeply flawed. I do believe this is a public LYNCHING."
    http://63.147.65.175/news/jon0710.htm.

What Patsy and I have lived through might go down in history as the first cyberspace LYNCHING, administered electronically with a huge anonymous mass of keyboards eager to shout out their accusations while knowing few facts about what actually happened to our daughter. — John Ramsey
    http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/2000/15aexps.html

"There has been no end to the public LYNCHING and speculation which has marred this case from the beginning," they said.â€
    denver.rockymountainnews.com/ extra/ramsey/1014jury3.shtml

“After being banned from JusticeWatch's forum--"because I have a strong Ramsey voice," Jameson says--he went on to start WebbSleuths, a much more Ramsey-friendly forum. "The JusticeWatch forum is clearly intended to promote the 'LYNCHING' of the Ramseys," Jameson says. These days he spends up to eighteen hours each day working on the Ramsey case and maintaining the WebbSleuths site. "It is truly a volunteer position," Jameson notes.â€
    www.westword.com/issues/1998-09-10/feature.html

“Tracey: I think it's ridiculous. Basically, people who call it an infomercial are those who cannot stand the fact that we take apart the story that was told about this case. As I've said to you before many times, our documentary was not about proving the guilt or innocence of Patsy Ramsey and John Ramsey or indeed of anybody else. It was about re-interrogating the media story and demonstrating that the media coverage of this particular case overwhelmingly was a public LYNCHING of these two people whether they are guilty or innocent, and we took that story apart. I can imagine for Annie Bardach it's deeply embarrassing to have it demonstrated on national television that her Vanity Fair piece was deeply flawed in a factual sense.â€
    www.thewebsafe.tripod.com/10221998bardachoninternight.htm

I have been unwilling to submit my family to what seems to be little more than a LYNCH MOB hiding behind the authority of police badges.
    http://63.147.65.175/news/jon0929b.htm

"In the end, Hunter had the courage to withstand the horrendous LYNCH MOB," John said. "And I give him credit for that. It would have been very easy for him to yield to immense public pressure to indict us.
    www.denver.rockymountainnews.com/xtra/ramsey/0319rams1.shtml

The Ramseys' attorneys said the governor's "slanderous remarks pander to the fringe LYNCH MOB which long ago cast aside the time-honored presumption of innocenceâ€
    www.cnn.com/US/9910/27/ramsey.prosecutor.02

Jameson says he has no interest in attending the Boulder cyber-sleuth meeting this month--not that he's invited. "Many who will attend are 'LYNCH MOB' members in my eyes and I have no interest in meeting with them," he says, then adds, "I think it's a shame it's being promoted as some sort of summit meeting."
    www.westword.com/issues/1998-09-10/feature.html

"I have full faith that they will solve it, so there's really nothing else for us to do," Bennett said in a phone interview Tuesday. "I think that the LYNCH MOB is dead and that people now realize the Ramseys are innocent and the investigators are on the right course"
    http://www.thedailycamera.com/bdc/city_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2422_2272209,00.html

CALLER: Yes, hello. I have actually a statement rather than a question. I live in New York, but as you can hear I'm British, and my background in medical research including things like fine-tuning DNA sampling and monitoring antibodies -- but anyway, I'm a science writer and I've been a foreign correspondent, I've lived in eight different countries.
    And I think I'm fairly objective, and I've been watching through this case and I have to say that these police officers have combined what looks rather openly to be ignorance and arrogance in equal measure and haven't looked at any of the scientific evidence when they should have done.
    And it was very fashionable at the time to always turn and look at the parents and try and blame the parents, and this sort of pack instinct of not having an independent thought -- and it may even be in -- politically incorrect for me to say this in America, but it really does look like that LYNCH MOB mentality. Bring in some independent researchers and let's start again.
    www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0005/31/nsst.00.html

Jameson: Thank you, yes, I was going to say he is one of the leaders, one of the leaders of the LYNCH MOB and he has welcomed Internet members of the LYNCH MOB on his show. He is quite pointed in his position and he certainly does not care for me. But he has mentioned me a few times on his show and it's not been flattering. I am not sure if you have been a guest on his show when my name's been mentioned but my name's been thrown around, thrown around for months now.
    http://webdollie.tripod.com/transcript03061999.htm

Jameson: There's, you believe it and you come in and you give me reasons why you believe it. The LYNCH MOB wants to hang them and doesn't even discuss evidence.
    http://webdollie.tripod.com/transcript03061999.htm

Posted by jameson on 10-04-2002 08:07 AM:
    The show will be amazing
    Interesting enough, the chief of police and members of the Internet LYNCH MOB have said THEY don't intend to watch. Wouldn't want to confuse their set in stone convictions with a bit of truth!
    www.signonsandiego.com/forums/upload/printthread.php?threadid=5445

The BORG media (that means the LYNCH MOB media) LOVED the book - but I honestly doubt most actually READ it.
    http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/06292000jamesonletterwestword.htm

jameson> Oh yeah, I can really see why everyone gets upset that Mrs. Brady be called "LYNCH MOB" LOL
    http://webdollie.tripod.com/04201999wrowIRC.txt

<jameson> Yeah - I called a spade a spade - Mrs. Brady is LYNCH MOB maerial - truth hurts, I guesshttp://webdollie.tripod.com/04201999wrowIRC.txt

<jameson> (LYNCH MOB spin team)

<jameson> They didn't get the book on how the LYNCH MOB would like them to act.... BIG mistake

<jameson> The LYNCH MOB can't explain away the list above

<jameson> Bookstores wouldn't carry the mcLean book - media only wants LYNCH MOB stuff...

Jameson
    I never followed OJ or Susan Smith, but when I first heard of this murder, it just captured my heart. Not only because a little girl lost her life, but I felt the parents were being place in a certain light - and I instinctively believed it was unfair. When I went on the Internet to see what people were saying, the LYNCH MOB was already forming. I felt that someone had to be a voice of reason - and since no one else was, I did.
    http://crime.about.com/library/blfiles/bljameson.htm

"When I first started following the JonBenét Ramsey case, I was horrified at how quickly they turned on her family and the LYNCH-MOB mentality of the sites ont he internet about the case," jameson said.
    http://butts_info.tripod.com/buttsfamily/id33.html

DOI References to lynch mobs

1. Jameson told the Ramseys a LYNCH MOB forced decision to do TimeLine • 306
    2. Ramseys had already been convicted by the LYNCH MOB • 171
    3. Ramseys envision prosecution as leaders of a LYNCH MOB • 325
    4. In the eyes of the LYNCH MOB • 235
    5. First cyberspace LYNCHING • 313
    6. LYNCH • 264
    7. LYNCH MOB • 171, 235, 306, 317, 325
    8. LYNCH the mother • 264
    9. LYNCHING • 313
    10. Media LYNCHING • 30

2. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Kind of makes one wonder if someone isn't speaking from their subconscience doesn't it? After all, lynching equates to hanging or being strung by a rope from the neck until dead and the #1 cause of death listed on JonBenét's autopsy report is ligature strangulation with #2 being craniocerebral injuries.

I've often wondered if someone thought there would be no autopsy since the garrote was in place, hence they might have thought the blow to the head would not be discovered.

It also makes me take a real close look at the amount of bleeding in the brain along with the depositions in the case and suspect the coroner has those two causes of death in the proper order. JMH&CPO

Autopsy ref:
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/jonbenet1.html

3. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

I ain't

I ain't part of no southern lynch mob - I don't want them dead. I just wanted them treated like any regular middle-income couple would have been when the police came to their house after the 911 call. I just wanted a DA's office that was doing their job which is to represent the victim and obtain justice for JBR, not pandering to their good buddy system and cowed by their own lack of balls. (The Ramseys are not the victims) I just wanted to see parents that didn't hide behind lawyers and spend so much on defense attorneys that they couldn't afford to put up a decent award with crime stoppers, maintain a website for the longhaul and keep more than a shell of a worthless foundation open that was intended to honor their daughter.

Now, since none of that happened, here I am ranting at my computer. I just want justice - not a hanging. :2cents:

P.S. I am not a "whacko". John Ramsey would be amazed at the normal existense I live in a house (not a trailer), no beer cans collected or pigs hanging around.

4. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

The usage of the "lynch mob" terminology shows a great deal of disrespect for those who truly were victims of real lynch mobs. The adding of real photos of black people hanging from a tree shows the lack of real validity to the term as it is applied to the Ramseys as well as offending those who, to this day have real memories of lynching. It wasn't so long ago.

It is similar to using the term "NAZI". People don't use that term for others other than the people who actually were running Germany and the death camps during that time period because of the real horrors of that time. It is disrespectful, plain and simple.

Usage of the term for the Ramseys minimizes the injustices for the blacks and others who were truly victims of such horrific practices.

But.............one should not expect more from the likes of the crew at Webbsleuths. They are insensitive and ignorant.

Coming from Tracey shows that he must have been absent on the day they taught ethical journalism. He should know better, but doesn't. One can get their opinion and point across without using terminology that symbolizes real horror, not public "opinion".

5. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

It appears that this thread has been found by medusa which gives hir yet another thread on hir deserted forum.

I think y'all should start sueing for royalties, it's raking in 50 buck per sucker while hir trolls the 'borg' boards looking for something to talk about.

Now that's messed up.

6. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Susan Bennett aka Jameson is really nothing more than a gnat buzzing around a pigs hiney Freebird.

Just pray hir doesn't post hir favorite picture of an actual lynching.

7. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I pray that she hasn't been keeping up on the times and will now post a beheading. I don't put it past her or beyond the realm of what she will do. There is no level too low.

8. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Right on Texan

I find it absolutely amazing that twice now John Ramsey has remarked that he fears one of us internet "whackos" will come and shoot him or Patsy, whereas he has never once expressed fear that the terrorists who killed his daughter would strike again. Especially in light of the fact that a Lockheed employee was just BEHEADED by terrorists in Iraq-- just like it says in the "ransom" note.

No fear of terrorists+ no kidnapping= phony ransom situation. Classic staging.

9. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Yet, JR had no qualms about meeting up in person with the Internet poster the BPD calls a Code 6 Wing Nut. Amazing is it not?

I just pulled on my neck high waders and wandered over to the swamp. Hir ignored the fact that JustinCase tried to document all the times "lynch mob" was used and made this thread all about hirself as usual.

:takeabow: :skank: You just gave yourself another blackeye.

10. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

You know what else is amazing?

John Ramsey gave that Code6WingNut the credit for teaching him and Patsy about the internet, some lies are a little more outrageous than others but come on; anyone who could believe this is as diluted as sHE hirself.

LOL! Neck high waders!!!

Aside from the Ramsey's there's only one thing jameson is more obsessed with, hirself, so much for being the 'voice of reason' eh, Jams? seems more like you are the 'voice of treason'

Here's a direct quote from hir-
    "...truth hurts, I guess" The truth is used far less often (if at all at the swamp) than lynching and lynch mob and lynched and hanged, like JR said before,

"Kind of makes one wonder if someone isn't speaking from their subconscience doesn't it?"

11. BobC

Jr

JR I love that line about loving things that are old. I really enjoy talking with people who are older than I am--I have a married couple who live across the street and they are over sixty. I love them! I like their hard-work ethic, their manners, their dependability and their relationship--which has gone on for forty years! I think as American culture gets more and more like junk food, I'll miss my older friends when they go. We are definately losing something very worthwhile.

12. BobC

Hey Justin

Justin has Miss Thang bothered to mention the beheading by the small foriegn faction that just happened in Iraq--or is the ransom note too inconvenient when she and her slugs are trying to frame people like Bootman?

13. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Naw, neither of them are smart enough to have put that together, they'll be kicking themselves in the posteriors when they see what a kafuffle a real foreign faction can cause over a beheading threat, and further that they actually follow through with their threats when demands aren't met.

OR, she saw the video that shows Mr. Johnson's eyes covered with clear masking tape and totally disregarded the situation because they didn't use black duct tape.

14. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

BobC I agree about talking to our Senior Children. The last man I did Elder Care for helped build the Panama Canal. You want to talk about interesting conversation! His mind was is as sharp as a tack though well into his 90's.

15. BobC

Justin

Yeah I'm not surprised. Jameson and her other selves have been completely ignoring the ransom note for seven years. The Ramseys themselves never talk about the ransom note which is extremely odd considering it's the only real clue to their supposed-to-be intruder's identity.

So what small foriegn faction did Bootman and/or McSanta belong to again?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice