Default Keenan runs (sadly) unopposed

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...980465,00.html

On Point, June 22
    June 22, 2004

SADLY UNOPPOSED

We're not sure what it says about Boulder County that a controversial district attorney is running unopposed in both the Democratic primary and Nov. 2 general election, but it surely can't be flattering. Is incumbency really such a powerful advantage that not one qualified attorney could summon the courage to challenge Mary Keenan?

After all, this is a DA whose idea of putting Coach Gary Barnett "on notice" regarding her concerns over alleged sexual misbehavior by University of Colorado athletes amounted to asking Barnett's administrative assistant to inform him rather than picking up the phone and telling him herself.

This is the same DA, moreover, who suggested the university discuss settling lawsuits over a notorious party in December 2001 involving football recruits yet who admitted in a deposition that she has no expertise in the federal law under which the suits were filed.

In that same deposition, Keenan also had to admit that her strongly held belief that CU entices recruits with sex and alcohol was based upon a 1997 incident whose details she cannot even recount.

Her performance during the CU scandal - and we haven't even mentioned her handling of the JonBenet Ramsey case - has been nothing short of a scandal in itself. Yet no one will run against her.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Unhappy

Tells me that they are all a bunch of underachievers in Boulder or

1) they have no political ambitions because they know what they will have to bow to the pressure from higher up and pretend to look just as stupid as Keenan, which says as many have always believed that the Ramsey case has been influenced by wealth, power and legal hierarchy (not necessarily in that order.)

or

2) they have no political ambitions because they know if they do take office and go against the status quo that their heads will be on the chopping block and they simply can't afford the loss to themselves and their family, which says as many have always believed that the Ramsey case has been influenced by wealth, power and legal hierarchy (not necessarily in that order.)
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Default Disappointing news--

but no surprise there. Keenan is the keeper of all of Boulder's dirty secrets. The machine will make sure she stays in.