Intruder Theory - Helgoth & Mr X

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I have posted the first three pages of the Tracey transcript at my delphi forum. Technical difficulties are making this slow. The transcript is in hard copy and I have no personal access to a scanner. I am therefore patiently awaiting scans via e-mail and will post them as I get them.

In the meantime, I have been analysing the documentary and creating screen captures of interviewees and documents relating to Mr X. A couple of things have emerged.

1. One of the interviewees is called Jay Johnson. There is a Colorado sex offender called james Johnson who is on the CBI "failed to register" website. It looks like the same guy and I have posted comparison photos on my Delphi forum.

2. The Ramsey investigators say they they believe that the same guy killed JonBenet, Helgoth and assaulted the 14 year old girl who attended Jonbenet's dance studio. The theory is compelling, but the closer I look at it, the more uncomfortable I am with it. The 14 year old's mother described the intruder as being aged between 20-30, blonde, prominent chin and height 5'6. On the Tracey documentary, the camera pans an arrest sheet - supposedly Mr X's and the description does NOT match this. t even by a stretch of the imagination. It's like a witness described Danny de Vito and the suspect is Liam Neeson!

This is the end of term and I'm busy workwise, but I am keen to get this stuff posted because it's interesting. The more I look at Tracey's documentary, the more it is apparent that this theory is highly speculative.

One more thing. The debris in Helgoth's boots supposedly "matches" the mould on the Ramsey basement floor. However, the junkyard where Helgoth worked was very muddy - sort of reddish mud. I have screen captures of that too!

http://forums.delphiforums.com/What_happened/start

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Thanks, Jayelles. I am eagerly awaiting this transcript as I know others are. I don't think it is going to hold up here under the intense scrutiny of FFJ posters.

Frankly, I would like to know how anyone outside the investigators inside the case knows what tests were run on those boots or what those tests showed. I must say, though, that I'm not surprised that Tracey et al have taken liberties with the truth once again.

Beckner stated emphatically that the logos on the boots did NOT match the logo imprinted in the dust on that basement floor. Furthermore, it has been only the RST who has called the covering on the floor "mold." The original investigators said it was a form of cement dust that I've seen happen to untreated cement floors all the time. Look at it this way - mold is unpleasant in any form, and some mold is a dangerous health hazard. Anyone who has ever smelled mold knows you don't store clothing or other items in a closed in room with mold all over the floor, because those items take up the smell of that moldy room. I fully believe the "mold" description is a bunch of BS. I wouldn't store my expensive fake Christmas trees in a moldy room. Would you? Mold is a sign of dampness - I do not believe there was mold in the rest of the basement, or dampness. Why would there be mold in that room, especially on the floors? This is just more RST BS.

BTW, I know Susan Bennett aka jameson claims to have been in the basement and she calls the dusting on the floor "mold." I don't believe Susan Bennett. I believe the BPD investigators.

Cement dusting:

http://www.prmconcrete.com/dusting.htm

What is Dusting?

Formation of loose powder resulting from disintegration of surface of hardened concrete is called dusting or chalking. The characteristics of such surfaces are:

They powder under any kind of traffic
    They can be easily scratched with a nail or even by sweeping.
    Why Do Concrete Floors Dust?

A concrete floor dusts under traffic because the wearing surface is weak. This weakness can be caused by:

Any finishing operation performed while bleed water is on the surface or before the concrete has finished bleeding. Working this bleed water back into the top 1/4 inch [6 mm] of the slab produces a very high water-cement ratio and, therefore, a low strength surface layer.

Placement over a non-absorptive subgrade or polyethylene vapor retarder. This reduces normal absorption by the subgrade, increases bleeding and, as a result, the risk of surface dusting.

Floating and/or troweling operations following the condensation of moisture from warm humid air on cold concrete. In cold weather concrete sets slowly, in particular, cold concrete in basement floors. If the humidity is relatively high, water will condense on the freshly placed concrete, which, if troweled into the surface, will cause dusting.

Inadequate ventilation in enclosed spaces. Carbon dioxide from open salamanders, gasoline engines or generators, power buggies or mixer engines may cause a chemical reaction known as carbonation, which greatly reduces the strength and hardness of the concrete surface.

Insufficient curing. This omission often results in a soft surface skin, which will easily dust under foot traffic.

3. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

WY:

"BTW, I know Susan Bennett aka jameson claims to have been in the basement and she calls the dusting on the floor "mold." I don't believe Susan Bennett. I believe the BPD investigators.'

Dusting and mold are mutually exclusive. John spoke of the norm of leaving a window open an inch or so due to the heat build up from the furnace. Although there could be different atmospheric conditions in different parts of the basment, drying heat such as from a furnace is a dusting condition, not mold.

4. Watching You

I also think the investigators would have known the difference between cement dust and mold. Mold comes from damp conditions and poor ventilation, among other things, and it has a distinct odor. There is a big difference between mold and cement dust. I hate the way the RST just changes things to suit themselves.

5. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

WY: "BTW, I know Susan Bennett aka jameson claims to have been in the basement and she calls the dusting on the floor "mold." I don't believe Susan Bennett."

I believe she was in the basement. I don't believe that dust is mold. I wish she'd taken a camcorder, moving pictures; then I could see how effortlessly others can skip a step on a spiral staircase when first getting up in the morning.

6. Jayelles

I wonder how easily a large six footer get through that window?

7. Watching You

I believe she was in the basement, too. I don't believe there was an even layer of mold on that floor. I've seen some dirty basements in my life, but I don't believe I've ever seen mold on cement basement floors. I've seen mold on basement walls, though. I'm not saying it can't happen, if the conditions are right.

I had a basement, once, that had an enclosed room that was used, I believe, as a root cellar once. In fact, it had a couple of enclosed rooms. Now and then, when the water table was really high from prolonged rains and the drainage systems in the city couldn't handle the water, the basement would get wet. There was little, if any, ventilation in those two rooms, and yet there was no mold. There were tons of dust and spider webs that would grab hold of you if you entered the rooms, but there was no mold, and especially not on the floors. There was no cement dust, either, just whatever dirt the water had left behind. This was a basement that was built back in the early 1900s, hardly what I would consider something built with today's technology. I also know the basement in the home where I grew up never had mold on the floor.

Considering at least some of that basement had carpet and no signs of mold that I'm aware of, I find it a bit of a stretch to think there would be mold in a room where they kept their Christmas decorations.

8. DocG

DocG Banned

Jayelles

Thanks, Jayelles for sharing the transciprt. I've looked it over and find it very interesting. What Tracey's done (and I'm sure he knows what he's done, and is, hopefully, ashamed of what he's done) is promote a version of the Ramsey case that is riddled with half truths.

There was some sort of disturbance at the basement window. This is NOT evidence that an intruder entered via that window. There is in fact very good evidence that NO ONE passed through it (to quote the prosecuting attorney). Which would be evidence that the disturbance was the result of insider staging. (But of course Tracey won't go there.)

There was a man named Helgoth who, like a great many people dredged up during the investigation, seemed rather odd and dangerous. This man either killed himself or was murdered shortly after a certain public statement regarding the crime. Never mind that similar public statements were made on several different occasions. Tracey presents compelling evidence that suggests Helgoth was murdered. This is the ONLY part of the argument that holds water.

Helgoth happened to own Hi-Tec boots, as do millions of others all over the world. Beckner has claimed they don't match the print on the Ramsey basement floor. Tracey's people claim that the LOGO is identical. And that there is a matchup with some mold from the Ramsey floor. Since this is the ONLY piece of evidence that might actually link Helgoth to the murder, let's take a closer look at that print. When examining the photo, what I see is the clear imprint of a HiTec logo surrounded by a more or less flat surface. Note the complete absence of any tread marks of the sort we'd expect to find on such a boot. This is extremely odd. And I imagine it would take lots and lots of leafing through all those HiTec catalogs to find a boot sole without any treads at all. But if you want to match that print, that's what you have to look for. My guess is that the LOGO on Helgoth's boot might actually be more or less the same as the logo found near JonBenet's body, but it's very likely that these boots, like the vast majority of such, have pretty heavy treading on them. If they do, then there is no match. It's that simple. And that's probably what Beckner also noticed. So, what does Tracey have? The LOGO matches (possibly), there is some mold that might or might not match. But the lack of tread on the print in all likelihood does NOT match the treading on Helgoth's boots. So if you want to tell a half truth, you can forget about that last part and simply go with the logo and the mould. If you want the WHOLE truth, then in fact there probably is no match at all.

This strategy gives us an insight into the entire documentary and the ethic behind it. Selective presentation of facts can be used to muddle the truth and this is the direction chosen by Tracey. What a shame.

(Hi WY!! Good thinking.)

9. Jayelles

DocG

I've been puzzling over Helgoth's suicide/murder. Why on earth wasn't this picked up at the time I wonder?

Right handed man - entry wound on his left hand side ?????
    Bold as brass character - pillow used to muffle sound ?????
    No suicide note
    Pistol lying on the opposite side of the body to where the shot was fired

I ask - would a murderer not have taken care to place the pistol IN THE HAND of the body? Isn't that what happens in Columbo? :)

In the documentary, you can clearly hear the detectives discussing how Helgoth was obviously alive for a bit because he was moving around and had placed his bloodied hand on his forehead. Would a murderer have left him undead? Possibly to recover and tell?

Now I've never fired a gun in my life but I've handled toy guns - quite realistic ones and I wonder could I point the gun at myself and push the trigger away from me with my thumb and still fire the shot effectively?

Were Helgoth's fingerprints on the gun? I also thought that there was a way of telling if the person fired the gun rather than just had it placed in their hand? Weren't those tests run on Helgoth? Wouldn't it be routine to do that before ruling suicide?

Also, what I've been mulling about this is that we are being given a contradictory story about Helgoth. His buddies are saying that he was a bold character - someone who played about with guns - pointing and firing them at people's heads and that he stalked people at night time, peering in their windows and not even bolting when they challenged him. Yet we are to believe that he was murdered because he was scared by Alex Hunter's speech? It wasn't as if he were a suspect at that time. It doesn't make sense.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2004
  10. Elle

Elle Member

Fearless

Sounds like Helgoth was "fearless" Jayelles. Not the type to commit suicide.
    Thanks for the information above. Will try and catch up with it.

11. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

dust or mold?

DocG: "The LOGO matches (possibly), there is some mold that might or might not match."

There's that "mold" word again. Are you saying it is mold, DocG?

12. DocG

DocG Banned

I have no idea if it's mold or not, either in the Ramsey basement or the Helgoth boot. But I can tell you this. The print either matches the boot exactly -- or there IS no match. It's like fingerprints. There is no in between. The boot could look a LOT like the print in the windowless room. And it could have EXACTLY the same substance on it that was in the windowless room. But unless the entire bottom of the boot is an exact match with the print, team Ramsey has NOTHING. If the boot in question was actually in that room, then there'd be an exact match. If the match is close but not exact, then the boot is NOT evidence, it's irrelevant, forget it.

So what I want to know is: why would Beckner claim there is no match if in fact there was? Wouldn't that have been the breakthrough he'd have been looking for? An exact match wouldn't exactly put Helgoth at the scene for sure (because other similar boots of the same size would also match), but it certainly would make him a viable suspect. And Beckner certainly wasn't the only one in LE who examined that boot. Why would he want to risk so much by lying?

So forget about the "mold" or whatever you want to call it. The boot doesn't match, "mold" or not, we already knew that. The boot was the ONLY hope of linking Helgoth to the crime. But it doesn't. No DNA match. No stun gun match (assuming a stun gun was used at all, which is a HUGE stretch to begin with). WHAT are we talking about here?

13. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

If he was that reckless

wouldn't he take a gun with him to the Ramsey's house?

14. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

OK. I was talking about calling dust mold and stuff like that which some fraudulent, thieving forum does.

15. DocG

DocG Banned

Sorry, JC. I wasn't venting at you. Or WY or anyone else here. The logo "match" and the alleged mold "match" are perfect examples of the half-truth strategy we find in Tracey's documentary, which follows the team Ramsey strategy very closely. It's essentially the kind of strategy followed by a defense lawyer with no real case. And it's very surprising and disappointing to see someone like Tracey, who professes to be an independent, open minded journalist, going along with that. They want very badly to make a case for Helgoth as a possible intruder so they take everything that might possibly link him to the crime and lay it out there but at the same time fail to provide us with the very clear evidence that ALL those links are really inconsequential. There is NOTHING to link Helgoth to the Ramsey case.

16. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Right Doc

This man is teaching Journalism? At a major university?

17. Jayelles

Tracey is an eejit. When I posted a pre-documentary review from the UK which stated that "Lou Smit believes Helgoth plus an accomplice killed JonBenet" along with a statement that the documentary would be suggesting that Helgoth was murdered by the accomplice and that they believed he was also responsible for the murder of another little girl too, jameson e-mailed my post to Tracey who, WITHOUT CHECKING THE SOURCE, replied that I was wrong on two counts because Lou Smit wasn't used for the documentary and "what other little girl?" He then made a snide comment about Internet posters getting it wrong and suggesting it might be "genetic".

He didn't check the source. Another poster scanned the article in and there was a photo of Lou Smit with the exact quote I attributed to him. The documentary quite clearly insinuates a link between Helgoth and the murder of Alie Berrelez - saying that a significant piece of evidence is a Disney Christmas movie which contains a clip of news footage about Alie's murder. The Ramsey investigator stated that criminals often hide tv coverage of their criminal activities in media.

So Tracey is a fool to comment without checking his facts first. I also don't know why he denied the link with the other murder since it seems to have been one of the "vital clues" in his documentary.

Another British poster at another forum seems to think that some people have written to the British TV Regulator about the Tracey documentary. This organisation publish their reports but because they have to investigate the allegations first, the reports aren't usually published for a few months. I shall watch with interest.

18. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

Is it possible

That jams didn't really e-mail Tracey or that the reply was not authentic? :chicken: After the e-mail stunt pulled by Susan Stein who knows what the RST would really do. Seems kind of silly for someone who made the crockumentary to deny what could be obviously substantiated.

19. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

yeh but

checking out at the grocery store today, I saw in the tabs that
    the killer is now some masked man??????????

They might have to shift gears now.

20. Jayelles

Hmmm

I would say that it's possible Tracey didn't send the e-mail on the basis that a Professor of Journalism should know the correct usage of who's and whose (Tracey in block capitals)

However, I did e-mail Michael Tracey and offer to send him the article that I was quoting from and which he attributed to me even although it was patently obvious from the post that jameson sent him that I was quoting someone else! Like a jerk, he declined to comment. That was fine. I could have forgiven him if he'd had the courtesy to respond and acknowledge that he'd jumped in with both feet and made a mistake, but jerks are usually cowards and Michael Tracey is a jerk so when I wrote my own little review of the documentary for a local paper, I was able to add my own piece of personal experience with the Producer - how he clearly doesn't check facts before commenting and how he didn't appear to know the content of his own documentary.

Doesn't make him look good in the credibility stakes.

My cousin says all Producers are jerks ;-) He works for ITV.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice