Cleared on DNA?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Not sure if this has been discussed before but, in the Tracey documentary, the camera panned some case documents relating to the DNA.

I was able to capture the document and piece it together. It discussed who was cleared on DNA if the DNA came from one person. Three names were blacked out.

By copying and pasting letters from the document, I was able to try some names against the blacked out pieces for size.

The names that fit best are Fleet White, Priscilla White and Mervin Pugh. The last name isn't blacked out very well and you can actually make out the tops of the letters. I'm 99% certain it's Mervin Pugh.

I have posted this document in my own forum and you are welcome to download it and try it out for yourself. I made the names in negative so that they can be clearly seen against the blacked out bit. What to do is to download it or copy it into a Paint program and then select and drag each name up to the blacked out bit. Zoom it in so that you can clearly see where the separating commas are.

It's on the Tracey Doc images thread.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/What_happened/messages

2. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Did that say DNA from SPERM? .... there was sperm on JBR?

I'm lost someone help.

3. Jayelles

There was sperm on a blanket which was found in the suitcase. The blanket and the sperm belonged to JAR.

What were items 23A and 23B? Where's Why-Nut?

4. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Oh, ok thought I'd missed something somewhere along the way. Thanks

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Actually, nobody should have been cleared, based on the DNA, for the simple reason that there is no evidence that DNA was deposited on the night of the murder. I guess Boulder hasn't gotten that concept, yet.

6. Jayelles

From the documentary

Greg Laberge is a forensic scientist with Denver Police Laboratory:-

I would like to ask him if this was all he said about the DNA.

7. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

You know something,

I still go back, way back, to Dr Henry Lee and his now very accurate quote, "This not a DNA case." And somehow still all of this talk about DNA. If there were a prayer of DNA being able to point to a suspect I truly believe that Dr. Lee would have remained on the case. No, I don't think he is the be all and end all for what this case needs but he certainly is an expert and he has spoken. I have to look at that and agree. :nuts:

8. Jayelles

I think we need to consider what exactly he meant by that. Could it be that because there weren't enough markers at that stage, that he thought the case wouldn't be solved by DNA? Or did he mean that he thought the DNA was not related to the murder? In which case, how could he be so sure?

I think the statement is ambiguous and quite frankly, I don't see how anyone could discard DNA evidence in a murder case without knowing who it belonged to. If the owner of the DNA was found to work for the Bloomies pants factory, then yes, it could probably be dismissed. Accordingly, if the owner of the DNA had a watertight alibi for the night of the murder, but had eaten at Pasta jays the night before and had a nosebleed in the toilets, then perhaps that could also account for the DNA and it could be dismissed.

I don't really think its sensible to dismiss foreign DNA on a murder victim without investigating its origin.

9. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

"I don't really think its sensible to dismiss foreign DNA on a murder victim without investigating its origin."

That sounds like nothing more than common sense to me... the "foreign DNA" may or may not be highly important. I would be very interested in what a totally "impartial" group of investigators from states other than Colorado could come up with.

I am, however, not interested in hearing from people with an agenda such as any law enforcement from Boulder; Mr. Tracey with his "New Ode to the persecuted Ramseys"; the Ramsey's high priest, Lou Smit; their lawyer, Lin Wood; or, of course, the Ramsey "hired gun" private investigators. I will grant you that anyone (or more) of these folks could have hit upon who killed JBR, but they have cried wolf (funny?) one too many times for me to give them any creditability at all.

Actually, I don't usually bother to post about finding the killer of JBR anymore because, IMHO, it will only happen if "outsiders" are totally responsible for the investigation. I'm pretty much resigned to justice being the killer burning in hell forever - there is something to be said for that, don't you think?

10. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I can't say that I am resigned to that. But yes, there is something to be said for that imho.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice