Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tracey wants to know

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/dr...3025479,00.html

You can absolutely guarantee that across this fair land there are literally millions of people who obsessively follow and document the minutest details of the Peterson trial, the Bryant saga and the Jackson fiasco, just as there were for O.J. and the Ramsey case. The only meaningful question is, why? What is it about such lives, which are manna from heaven for the media, that leads them to obsess at the spectacle of the pathetic and the wretched, the banal and the lewd?

I suppose that this question mirrors Lin Wood's disgust at all of us for keeping an interest in this case.

The RST might want to let Tracey know that if it weren't for "us" obsessed with the wretched, his pockets would be quite empty.

Biting the hands that feed him eh?

But Jameson, Rainsong, Margoo, and the others will continue to throw roses at his feet despite his disgust for them, like Wood. Will they never learn? (rhetorical of course) NO, they will never learn.
    PATSY RAMSEY WROTE THE RANSOM NOTE
    SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT FOR AN INTRUDER.
    PLEASE READ CHEROKEE'S ANALYSIS

http://66.98.176.96/~tricia/forums/s...ead.php?t=6404

Default Another Tracey Gem

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/dr...2922884,00.html

Quote:
    More than any other institution, the press has been charged with keeping us honest and the master class of the political elite in its place. Walter Lippmann, one of the 20th century's greatest journalists, famously wrote: "There can be no higher law in journalism than to tell the truth and shame the devil." That seemed to have got lost somewhere as newspapers and networks, pursuing ever greater profits, gravitated toward the banal, the trivial, the juvenile.

Yeah, it has gotten very lost Tracey. Why don't you explain? What about those profits?

Hypocrite!

Perhaps I am being too hard on him. Maybe he donated all his "profits" to the JonBenet Ramsey Foundation. Ya think? Maybe? Oh right, there is NO foundation. Well, perhaps he donated his profits from JBR to another children's charity. Right?

Jameson chooses to respond to my post:

BORG wrote, "The RST might want to let Tracey know that if it weren't for "us" obsessed with the wretched, his pockets would be quite empty." "But Jameson, Rainsong, Margoo, and the others will continue to throw roses at his feet despite his disgust for them, like Wood. Will they never learn? (rhetorical of course) NO, they will never learn."
    Roses at his feet? LOL

I see Tracey as a man who has his share of imperfections, faults; there are parts of him I find infuriating and unforgivable. I am not going to throw roses at his feet. But i will give credit where credit is due and his work on the Ramsey case has been an honorable thing. Completely honorable.
    Wrong. His work is not "honorable". Read his articles. He has done what he believes is wrong. He dragged names out there on a documentary that had no business being there. If they truly belonged there, he had a moral, social and journalistic responsibility not to make it public and then try to "sell" it to the United States. His responsibility demanded that the information he tries to sell us as real possibilities did not belong out there in the public. But then, he wouldn't be able to make all those profits. What is honorable about what he has done? Nothing.

Tracey and Wood don't understand the Online forums or community anymore than some of us understand their social circles. They are not part of this and never will be. It isn't in them.

So what?
    Wrong again. I do understand their social circles. Have been part of them. They are lawyers. They are part of the forum community as they get many of their materials from the forums and if not for us, this case would not be the money maker it is for both tracey and wood. Now Jameson, you know better than that. The internet is where the interest is these days and because of that, the NE, Tracey, Wood, yourself, etc. have made quite a few bucks. If not for the online community prompting interest in this case, the docs and the talking heads and the tabloids would have no buyers. It is all about us on the forums.

And there's more:

The lunch mob wants to lynch the Ramseys - always has and always will. truth be damned, they will defend the killer if it helps their only goal - to pin this murder on the Ramseys.
    Attacking anyone who demands the TRUTH be exposed is part of the game. I have had my time being the target, so has Susan Stine, so has Lin Wood, so has Lou Smit. It is simply Tracey's turn this week.

I am honored to be on that list. Truly honored.
    Susan Stine??????????? Demands the truth????????? Lin Wood?????????? Yourself???????????????????

Not to worry, your name will never be off that list so you will be forever honored.

At the very least, these people have to recognize and TELL the truth before they can demand it!

Susan Stine??????????? You really got me there! Yeah, she's as honest as they come.

Although, to our knowledge, she is the only one on the list who hasn't made some money from a dead child. Everyone else seems to have made it a profitable career.
    Last edited by Barbara; July 10, 2004, 10:08 am at Sat Jul 10 10:08:15 UTC 2004.

Well, if we the wee folk are going to be castigated for our continued involvement in this or any other case for the sake of justice, I just have to ask:

1. Why did Tracey do another crockumentary?
    2. Why are Lou Smit and Ollie Grey still turning over rocks in rundown trailer parks with the help of a paid drug addict to paint continually morphing faces on an ancient intruder theory?
    3. Why are the Ramseys still handing out free happily-autographed copies of their book proclaiming their innocence at political rallies?
    4. Why are the Ramseys and Lin Wood continuing their suit against Fox?
    5. Why is John Ramsey still using his daughter's death as a "God-given platform" for his political campaign?
    and
    6. Why is the Rocky Mountain News still publishing editorials and articles about the Ramsey case?

Clearly the forums are not the only "dysfunctional" hangers-on. Same old double standard--we can do it, but you're damned if you do. Boring.......

Angry

That Susan Stine comment really got me. She impersonated Beckner for crying out loud. Yep, she is really honest. In any other place, other than Boulder, the woman (and I use that term loosely) would have been prosecuted. It seems Jameson is saying Stine was persecuted. She wasn't persecuted, but she deserved to be prosecuted!

The above is just my opinion, right or wrong, but please leave it at FFJ.

Ha! According to Jameson, we've been persecuting every person she declares "innocent" including herself and is proud to be on the list with baby killers, liars, thieves, impersonators and profiteers. Well, she belongs on that list. And pride is the only thing the RST's case is about. Nothing new here....and still boring....

Susan Stein honest? innocent? hahahahaha Lin Wood not deceiving us? And remember Jams still thinks David Westerfield is innocent.

No wonder the swamp barely exists anymore...

In the documentart the narrator said the Ramseys are impoverished.

This is what Webster says is impoverished:

Impoverished Synonyms: bankrupt, barren, beggared, broke, clean, depleted, destitute, distressed, drained, empty, exhausted, flat, flat broke, have-not, hurting, impecunious, indigent, insolvent, necessitous, needy, penurious, played out, poverty-stricken, reduced, ruined, spent, sterile, stone-broke, stony, strapped, tapped out, worn out.

Is Tracey reporting accuractly? He never mentioned John is running for a political office and travels around in limos. Instaed, he calls the Ramseys impoverished. Is this responsible journalism?

Well, now that JR's running for public office, their tax returns are fair game. Maybe it's time to debunk this spin as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina
    In the documentart the narrator said the Ramseys are impoverished.

This is what Webster says is impoverished:

Impoverished Synonyms: bankrupt, barren, beggared, broke, clean, depleted, destitute, distressed, drained, empty, exhausted, flat, flat broke, have-not, hurting, impecunious, indigent, insolvent, necessitous, needy, penurious, played out, poverty-stricken, reduced, ruined, spent, sterile, stone-broke, stony, strapped, tapped out, worn out.

Is Tracey reporting accuractly? He never mentioned John is running for a political office and travels around in limos. Instaed, he calls the Ramseys impoverished. Is this responsible journalism?
    In fairness Sabrina, the documentary may have been completed before John announced his political ambitions. I don't think many people saw that coming!

The BIG review of the documentary (double page spread of TV Times) did mention the political aspirations. I was in contact with that journalist and she had done quite a bit or research.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by DejaNu
    Well, now that JR's running for public office, their tax returns are fair game. Maybe it's time to debunk this spin as well.
    I'd love to see the Ram's tax returns....which is it? Wealthy again from lawsuits or poverty? And what constitutes Ram poverty? Only a half a million dollar home compared to a million plus home?

The JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation....John said every penny in it was his....do we get to see this tax return also?

Quote Originally Posted by Show Me
    The JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation....John said every penny in it was his....do we get to see this tax return also?
    This much is known, from a post on 5/15/04 by DejaNu, post 9 under "Foundation,"
    $2000 was contributed to their Boulder church.