Great News. Lin Wood Has To Take His Side Show On The Road

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

For the first time in the Ramsey scam of suing people, Lin Wood has lost a biggie.

Lin Wood will not be able to have his safe and comfortable setting at home in Atlanta when he deals with his lameass lawsuit against Fox News Network.

There was a small article in the RMN today.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_3026260,00.html

COLORADO

*snip*

A libel suit filed in Georgia last year by the JonBenet Ramsey family against the Fox News Network will be heard in Colorado.

U.S. District Judge Thomas W. Thrash Jr., in the Northern District of Georgia, this week granted a request by the news organization that the case be moved to Colorado, because the contested report was prepared here, and many of those involved also work or reside in the state.

The Ramseys claim they were defamed by a Dec. 27, 2002, Fox story that contended there has "never been any evidence" to link the 6-year-old's 1996 unsolved murder to an intruder.

Mr. Leroy Lincoln must be a tad bit scared. He has never really gone to a full on trial. Let alone left the safety of Atlanta for a Ramsey scam.

I love it. Finally a bit of Karma for Wood and the Ramseys.

The Ramseys and Wood will have to travel to Denver. LOL. Too good.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that Fox doesn't fold and give Wood a few pennies to go away.

2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Oh PLEASEEEE don't let Fox settle....take it all the way Fox. Think of the publicity! It will send a lesson to others Fox.

Best of all the Patster has to go to Colorado....better get some two-day outfits Patsy! Remember to wear them twice in a row...makes a great impression.

And Woody-the-settling-lawyer will actually have to go to work and prepare for trial.

3. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

My thought

is that if Woods can fold, he will. I highly doubt Fox will.

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I totally agree with this decision. It makes sense, since nearly all the parties live and work in Colorado. The burden of proof is on Lin Wood and the Ramseys; they are the ones who brought this frivoulous lawsuit. Let them be inconvenienced for a change.

5. Watching You

Take a look at FOX's witness list.

H. Ellis Armistead

Linda Arndt

Mark Beckner

Tom Bennett

Damon Blick (involvement in the preparation of the newscast)

Kelly Burke (involvement in the preparation of the newscast)

John Eller

Ron Gosage

Lloyd Gottschalk (involvement in the preparation of the newscast)

Ollie Gray

Tom Haney

Jane Harmer

Linda Hoffmann-Pugh

Alex Hunter

Michael Kane

Mary Keenan

Denis King (involvement in the preparation of the newscast)

Tom Koby

Dr. Henry Lee

Pete Mang (Colorado Bureau of Investigation)

Carol McKinley

Dr. John Meyer

Mitch Morrissey (DNA expert for Mike Kane)

John Ramsey

Patsy Ramsey

Burke Ramsey

Lou Smit

Steve Thomas

Tom Trujillo

Chet Ubowski

Carl Whiteside (former head of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation)

Tom Wickman

Lin Wood

Heh. Heh.

6. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Episcopalian priest

The one who absolved the family at the funeral according to the movie PMPT - is he on the list?

7. Watching You

Papal privilege?

8. Aurora

Aurora Member

Great news~

This could be the break in the case that we need. John will have to put his campaign on hold a few days to go to Denver and pursue this. If Wood was smart...HE'D drop the lawsuit. We all know he is just a good BS-er. Wait till facts come out and he has to try to defend the TRUTH. He won't stand a chance. Let's hope FOX puts him and the Ramseys in the hot seat where they belong! About time someone challenged their lies about the murder. Way to go FOX!!!!! Go GET EM!!!

9. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Yup

All it took was somebody standing up to these evil people.

10. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

In my opinion, Wood will now get down on his knees and BEG Fox to offer an amount, any amount, in settlement, merely so he can crow to the press about Fox having settled the case.

11. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

JC,
    I didn't see Rector Rol on there either. The memorial service held for JonBenet on Dec. 29/96 was attended by Bishop Winterrowd, who was originally only visiting 12/26/96 to bless new members of the parish; or so goes the story.

I think Hoverstock would make a great witness but doesn't he have the privelige because he's a priest?

*You mentioned him absolving the family at the funeral, I believe this happened at the memorial service; what's more suspicious is Rol Hoverstocks presence in the Ramsey's home on December 26, 1996, if I didn't know any better I'd say they called him to read JonBenet's last rites, he stood by all day from 7am to 1:15pm to do this; why else would he have been there and there was so much to prepare for that evenings festivities; it was the Feast of St. Stephen that night.

12. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Tricia....

Just the news that we have been waiting for! The first positive step that Fox needed in order to defend themselves against this bogus lawsuit....I do indeed hope that Fox will not settle....As we all know, they could be the ones to blow the lid off of this case in a civil court that could then lend it's findings to a criminal court....

Really will love seeing our budding politician and his ever so ambitious and gracious spouse on the witness stand answering questions posed by a very agressive Fox attorney....And love that Fox has the deep pockets to pursue this case indefinitely....

And the Ramsey's attorney? :)....Wood is about to be torched, and his pocketbook scorched! And this is just for starters....

Voyager

13. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Yes, it was at the memorial service. I don't know what sort of privileges priests have, the privilege to proclaim innocence of church members I guess.

14. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

don't want to rain on anyone's party

but I've gotten my hopes up so many times that I'm just going to have to wait and see. Of course I hope Fox pursues and doesn't settle but I'll believe it when I see it. Bah hum bug.
    Help! I've fallen and can't get up. Guess I'm just feeling down after all these years of watching and hoping.

15. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

16. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

my thought

I can't imagine any reason for Fox to settle, except to settle for the case to be dismissed.

17. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

In large law firms, there are many cases. They are often, if not
    mostly, looked at from an “assembly line†perspective. Disposal
    is the priority along with monetary “bottom line.†If Wood wises
    up even slightly, he will realize that he is dead in the water.
    If he offers a deal behind closed doors whereby Fox News can
    dispose of the case with a suitable bottom line, as a matter of
    business policy, I can see Fox News letting it go. To you, I and
    others, it’s a critical case with personal valuation. That may
    not be true for Fox News.

In any event, I intend to send the Fox attorneys some information
    that will help whether they need it or not. It is also to
    encourage them to not drop the suit for any reason except Wood
    withdrawing and paying Fox News expenses.

Believe me, no one wants to see this go to court more than I do,
    but I’ve seen to much to think it will actually happen. Like
    Texan, I’ll believe when I see it.

18. Thor

Thor Active Member

I agree with Texan & Delmar. The case will never see the inside of a courtroom. But still, I don't see any harm in sending info to the lawyers Delmar. Go get 'em.

19. Tez

Tez Member

Any word on who Woody will be working with in Colorado?

20. Watching You

mame?

Ha! :laffbig:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice