LEGISLATIVE PLAN FOR NORTHERN MICHIGAN-By: John B Ramsey

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by JustinCase, Jul 12, 2004.

1. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Legislative Agenda
    Wednesday, July 07, 2004

LEGISLATIVE PLAN FOR NORTHERN MICHIGAN

By: John B Ramsey
    Republican Candidate for State Representative, 105th district
    Antrim Charlevoix Cheboygan Otsego

Section 1: Jobs for Northern Michigan

Section 2: Streamline Government

Section 3: Protection of Rights

Section 4: Health Care

JOB CREATION FOR NORTHERN MICHIGAN

A major focus will be to retain and grow the number of good, stable jobs in Northern Michigan. The region has many competitive advantages in the national market to aggressively compete for the valuable pool of quality jobs. The core initiatives of this focus will be based on three principal efforts:

1) Job Containment

The objective is to stop the flow of jobs from N. Michigan. The state’s responsibility is to insure that it is not inhibiting the business climate for existing businesses through onerous taxes, unnecessary regulations, or bureaucratic requirements. Michigan needs to have the objective of being known as the most “business friendly†state in the union.

2) New Business Initiatives
    The objective is to encourage the start up of new business ventures. Businesses tend to stay where they start. Through private capital and government initiatives, N. Michigan needs to be a fertile breeding ground for new business creation. This requires the availability of significant risk capital, a network to put ideas in front of available capital, an aggressive approach by government to encourage new business, and a climate that supports new business. Business deterring taxes such as the SBT must be eliminated.

3) Recreation Industries Investment and Protection

The objective is to maximize N. Michigan’s competitive advantages in attracting consumers for the summer, fall and winter recreation industries. Investment in infrastructure, national advertising, and protection of environment and natural resources are important to the Northern Michigan economy.

STREAMLINE GOVERNMENT

1) Part Time Legislature

Move to a part-time citizen legislature with a 50% reduction in pay for legislators.

2) Cut Legislative Bureaucracy

Reduce the cost of government by slashing the size of the legislative staff by 50%, including the elimination of taxpayer funded pseudo-campaign management entities – Republicans and Democrats.

3) Reduction in Unnecessary Laws

At least five working days per year should by assigned to taking unnecessary laws off the books rather than adding new ones to the books. Establish a legislative cap on the number of laws on the books.

PROTECTION OF RIGHTS

1) Right to Life

There is nothing more fundamental than the Right to Life. Fight to stop partial birth abortion and reduce unwanted pregnancies through abstinence education.

2) Right to Bear Arms

The second amendment, and all constitutional rights, are sacred and should not be infringed upon.

HEALTH CARE

1) Low Cost Alternative

Allow prescriptions to be purchased at the lowest cost alternative – even if that means purchasing them in Canada.

2) Cooperation Among States

Encourage more cooperation among states to purchase prescription drugs in higher quantities at lower rates.

3) Cap Malpractice Suits

Eliminate one of the major costs of health care and reduce insurance rates and costs by capping malpractice lawsuits at $500,000.

2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Does anybody find it odd that he wants to create jobs for those unemployed (doesn't say exactly how)...and then....cutting the legislative full time salaries and time on the job 50%

He wants to cut legislative staffing by 50% (and then wants to dedicate a minimum of 5 dedicated "working days" to taking laws OFF the books. I guess he'll have Patsy come in and do the paperwork.)

So he is saving money by CUTTING SALARIES BY 50%

That should go over big.

There is nothing that he said (and I don't agree with much of it personally), but there is nothing stated that an average high school student couldn't have come up with.

Notice the vague cures: ....investment in infrastructure, etc., make the states cooperate......stop businesses from leaving by doing away with unnecessary regulations, etc.,...........

Not a mention of anything specific. Just like the interviews. Attempting double speak and vagueries, but this time, each voter has a vested interest and if they have half a brain, they'll see right through this like we can.

Reminds me of the cure for poverty and wanting to be a millionaire:

Just put $100,000 in your account every month for 10 months. Really very simple.

3. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

A lot of hype with no real solutions...same old buzz words.

It was funny Barbara....creating jobs while laying off 50% of staff. Guess the staff can man the hot dogs stands during the tourist season.

4. Tez

Tez Member

BHWAAA! Too funny Show Me! I'd like to see John and Patsy manning the hot dog stands!

5. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Yeah Tez and getting a free autographed copy of DOI with every purchase.

6. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

This jerk made the bulk of his income off of lawsuits since is daughter died and he wants to cap malpractice lawsuits (evidently the one kind he doesn't file - so far.) What a bozo.

Maybe someone ought to take out a full page add in the local newspapers and list each and every lawsuit the Ramseys have filed the past 7+ years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice