Another question or two

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Barbara, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

How come so many people are outraged at Tricia for speaking Gilgax' name and .....

QUESTION #1

THESE SAME PEOPLE ARE NOT OUTRAGED THAT TRACEY LIED ABOUT HIM, STATING HE COULDN'T BE FOUND AND MAKING HIM SOUND LIKE THIS BIG MYSTERY MAN WHO KILLED JONBENET RAMSEY WITH OBVIOUSLY NO EVIDENCE TO BACK IT UP?

QUESTION #2
    WHO FINANCED THE TRACEY CROCK?

JAYELLES,

IS IT PUBLIC INFO OR IS IT ON THE TAPE WHO "PRODUCED" THE CROCK?

WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE?

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

It is

Mills Productions

3. Barbara

I'm not positive, but here in the States, whoever produced it, paid for it (I think)

Although crocs such as this, don't usually require big money. All you really need is a video camera and some travel money to talk to people. I haven't seen it of course, but did it look like some sort of major production?

Is anyone making a stink about this in the UK?

I know there aren't as many followers there, so he was able to get away with it there, but those that do.....are they making a fuss about his lies? Is anyone listening?

From what you say, they are a lot stricter in the UK than here about what libelous things one can do or say, but I am extremely curious about the reactions there and if there was any subsequent follow up after the news that Gigax is found, named and not "hiding"?

4. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Oh yes. It's very professionally done. Good camerawork and overlays with kind of creepy background music at just the right volume. They also hired one of my favourite actresses, Zoe Wanamaker, to narrate it.

Not in the slightest. No-one is talking about it at all! A few of my friends saw the trailers for it, but didn't actually watch it. The trailer showed JonBenet in a pageant and my friends couldn't get over this. Rather infuriatingly (for me) that tended to dominate the discussion. The European Cup (football) was on the other channel and it got the bulk of viewing statistics. I asked maybe a dozen people whom I "thought" would have watched it if they had and not one of them had watched it. My childminder saw a bit of it, but turned over to watch a programme about "When Daddy became Mummy" (not about a sex change, but about a swapping of roles!)

They wouldn't know about the misrepresentations here because no-one knows the case well. Rather repulsively, it was under "entertainment" in one listing but I am guessing that was because the person making the listing was unaware of the case and probably thought it was to do with pageants.

No, the British public would have soaked it all up. If Gigax complains to OfCom, they will investigate his claims very carefully and if they decide that the documentary was misleading or inaccurate, they will broadcast that at peak time to ensure they reach the maximum number of viewers. I think they also publish these reports in national newspapers too. What happens is that they do a brief presentation between two programmes stating the complaint and why it has been upheld. Documentary makers can be fined in some cases. I personally think Gigax would have a good case and I could provide him with an excellent resource should he wish to pursue it.

I'll take this to PM if that's OK.

5. Barbara

Sure thing AND I promise not to call you scum OR gutter

6. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Mr. X better sue Tracey, or he'll probably try to show it in the UK again. If Gigax sues Tracey, he'd easily win the case, no doubt in my mind....and it will keep Tracey from peddling his slanderous crock in the US.

Tracey's crock is so far off, even the Ramsey's are avoiding it!!!! What does that tell yah?

As far as a certain mentally unstable person calling us 'gutter gossips' and 'scum'....well her vocabulary is very limited and she ought to get a refund from the university.

7. Ginja

Ginja Member

Tracey

Two peas in a pod: Michael Moore and Michael Tracey!

Both have a penchant for lying and misrepresentation and calling their work: documentaries!

Moore's latest trash has been debunked here in the U.S., so he's now flirting with the European market. Hailed by many when the movie was first released, his lying has caught up with him and he is now hiding from the U.S. media. Hell, he won't even sit with Larry King!!!

The UK is much stiffer on libel (although their jury awards are far less than awarded here in the US). Still, if Gigax feels he's been libeled, he shouldn't waste a NY minute in getting himself an attorney (definitely not Hoffman!!!) and going after Tracey in the British courts.

8. Show Me

Definitely not Hoffman! It's a good thing Sydney's made money off her book....somebody's gotta support the old boy.

Speaking of support....what's Candy's version of the latest Darnay/Steinberg situation? I haven't seen any post of hirs (lol) where she defends his latest decision to welcome Steinberg back into the community with a limo ride.

As Patsy said....'hold your babies close. There is a killer on the loose.'

9. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

I don't know, folks. It would be kind of fun to see the pompous Darnay in a powdered wig.

10. Show Me

In spite of Michael Moore's spinning the truth.....I'd still love to see him do a documentary on the Ramsey's! And give them a dose of their own medicine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice