Rachel Alert Network Cookbooks

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by RC, Jul 15, 2004.

1. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

The Rachel Alert Network cookbooks are in the mail to us. I just put the order form on-line. We will accept PayPal, Credit Cards, and mail-order.

To order go to: rachelalert.org/RANorder

For a list of recipes go to: rachelalert.org/cookbook

2. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Bump

The cookbooks are here!

They will make great gifts for anyone who cooks so don't forget to order extras for birthdays and early Christmas shopping.

To order go to: Order RAN Cookbook

For a list of recipes go to: View Ran Cookbook Recipes

3. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Mmmm-Mmmmm!

Just reading the recipe titles has me salivating.

I sent in my order today.

My veggie garden is producing a bumper crop this year, so I look forward to trying out new vegetable recipes from the Rachel Cookbook.

4. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Lurker, I have been reading through the recipes (ingredients and all) and I can tell you that the collection is just superb - from veggies to breads to main dishes the collection is one of the better ones I have seen in a long time. I know I will be putting my cooking skills back in practice - they have been rusty for a while now but these recipes just ache to be tried. What is super is that you can tell many of them are family traditions that are tried and true and you know those are the ones that are really tasty!

Some of the unique spices are going to be interesting to find locally but that's going to make it more fun - kind of like a treasure hunt. That's what the Internet is for - right?

5. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Hahahaha, Lurker! I ordered MY cookbook 13 minutes before you did. Actually, I ordered it at least one whole day before you did. It might have been earlier than that, but my old mind is too fuzzy to remember exactly. Anyway, I am soo anticipating its arrival!

RC, this was a great idea, and I hope you will have to go into a second printing very quickly! I know I will be ordering more for gifts as soon as I can look at the recipes and decide who on my Christmas list is worthy of receiving one.

Keep up your good work, RC. Our love, respect, and good wishes are with your whole family.

6. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Ya RC

Looks great. Gonna try all of them 'cept the one JR sent.

Thanks.

7. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Ok Sparkly, we now know you don't eat things that bee good for you or taste ever so good like Multi-Grain Granola Bread and Dijon braised pork chops. Sounds like a finicky personal problem to me. ;)

The recipe limit was 5 and later got raised to 10. I believe I sent in 6-7. You lose cause they are all really yummy ones. I did use to own a restaurant - in case you are having a senior moment and have forgotten you silly bee.

8. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

Good luck RC and JR!

JR - you used to own a restaurant? Tell me more. I always wanted to do that but was always told it was too much hard work and too ify a proposition.

You are RC are amazing. What energy and determination.

Did Sparky send in her recipe for roasted rooster? Or Mabel mull? Poor Mabel.

9. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Media mail

I want to make some of the sauces in the This and That section.

Make sure and try JR's bisquits. They are very light and fuffy and yummy and ...

Hopefully the cookbooks will start arriving at people's homes tomorrow. I decided to keep the shipping cost people pay low and use media mail. That takes about a week for out of state shipments.

If two are more cookbooks are ordered, they are sent USPS priority mail. When you reorder think about ordering 2 or more.

I'm shipping Mohab's order today. So far she is the top buyer.

10. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Moab's sucking up again, hey? :)

I just ordered mine. Can't wait to get it. May order more for two daughters for Christmas gifts, later. Third daughter hates to cook, so she doesn't.

11. Watching You

I am ashamed to admit I forgot to send any recipes for the cookbook. I need constant reminders because I basically CRS.

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

heh! Buy a few more and see if you can beat me...

RC, thanks...I can't wait to get them!

13. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Is fuffy the macho term for fluffy? ;)

Be sure you come back and explain you have never been to my house for breakfast RC. These wenches always put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5.

If you don't I am going to tell Grandpa you recommended my biscuits over his. ;)

I just sold one of the cookbooks I bought for a gift so I need to replace it. I think I will start carrying one every where I go and see if I can keep selling them.

14. Watching You

So, what's wrong with light and fuffy? I have lots of fuffy things. I have a fuffy cat, a fuffy down comforter. I have a fuffy butt, haha. I like fuffy bisquits just fine.

BobC's fluffy. Now, that's different.

15. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Ditto! ;) HaHaHaHa!

WY I did not say anything was wrong with fuffy. I just asked what it meant you trouble making wench. PpPpPp

16. Watching You

It means he probably didn't have his teeth in when he was trying to say "fluffy."

17. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Au contraire! Unlike some of us RC is young enough to have his own teeth - Shhhhhh....with a few fillings here and there because he does have a sweet tooth. ;)

18. Watching You

Well, then, maybe he just hasn't learned how to speak with his new lips. haha

19. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

More likely he is not use to typing real words since he's a geek boy. ;) OTH he may have been speaking around a See's sucker - like I said, he does have a sweet tooth.

20. Quinn

Quinn Member

I Ordered Two Books And Am Excited To Get Them. I Have My Grandmothers Recipe In It(marty's Marvelous Mustard Dip). She Passed Away Three Years Ago But Her Recipe Lives On.... This Is A Sweet Mustard Dip For Vege's, But Would Also Be Good On Grilled Chicken.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice