Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Default Why is Ramsey Running? Need all thoughts.

Since the primary is just a few weeks away I would like to ask this question.

Why do you think John Ramsey is running?

We have had time to read his interviews to get a better idea of his ideas and his reasons for running for office.

Having read his platform, which I find to be very vague, I believe he is running for one reason. He wants attention. He is so arrogant and his ego is so huge that he can't see how bizarre his run for office is.

He misses the attention of being a big shot. He misses the power. A friend of his gave him some encouragement to run and the floodgates opened.

John and Patsy Ramsey are still the MAIN people under the umbrella of suspicion concerning the death of JonBenet Ramsey.

The fact that John Ramsey doesn't have a website, a tip line, or information out about a reward for the killer, yet, has a beautiful website for his run for office, speaks volumes. It's about him. His power. His ego.

Poor JonBenet. She appears to be forgotten.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

I don't know why he's running, Tricia. It seems ill-conceived and bizarre that he would think his past actions regarding his daughter's murder would be something voters would not consider. I can't imagine the arrogance it takes to shove all that in voters' faces and expect them to overlook the fact that both he and his wife are still suspects in their daughter's death in the opinions of the majority of people. There has been no killer brought to justice, and until there is, the Ramseys will always be suspect. It takes supreme arrogance to run for public office, with the stain of suspicion on one's record, in a race where reputation is everything
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

He has nothing better to do.

Someone who he thinks is a friend put him up to it to get the truth out.

I predict he will lose, if he doesn't drop out first. I like this quote from our US Rep Max Sandlin: "There are two ways to run: uncontested, and scared to death."

Well, there is another train of thought on this. I think John Ramsey is a control freak. He's used to having power, and he has none now. Perhaps by running for office, he hopes to use the power of his office to apply further pressure on officials involved in the investigation of his daughter's death. Or, perhaps he hopes to introduce legislation limiting the freedom of the press and/or speech, as all his lawsuits have attempted to do.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Default One thing

I am sure of. He prayed about this action he has taken, running for political office. I'll give that to him.

One thing I've wondered before is if the Lord hears the prayers of liars.

Why?

The power

The women

The salary (better than what he's making now)

More sales of DOI

The presumption of "good citizen/man" by those who don't know better

The feeling of importance

It certainly isn't because of the wonderful history he has in helping others. He hasn't even helped his own charity that is non existent
    PATSY RAMSEY WROTE THE RANSOM NOTE
    SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT FOR AN INTRUDER.
    PLEASE READ CHEROKEE'S ANALYSIS

http://66.98.176.96/~tricia/forums/s...ead.php?t=6404

Default What else has he got to do?

Hang out with Patsy? They can't stand each other.
    "Perhaps life is what happens not before, but after we miss the boat." Andre Aciman

I think he is running because he misses being the big shot. Although I don't think he will have a lot of power even if he is elected. Maybe he thinks by some bizarre twist of fate, he will be taken out from under the umbrella. Who knows?

Twitch, too funny. Could you imagine living with either of them? LOL

The above is just my opinion, right or wrong, but please leave it at FFJ.

Lightbulb

Ego

Power (the perception can power can make one do some mighty odd things.)

Position (remember, the Ramseys are no longer the community darlings.)

Salary (depending on how much money those law suits actually made.)
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

1. To establish their innocence once and for all (they think)
    2. To exhonerate their public reputation
    3. To restore their once lofty position in society
    4. To ingratiate themselves again with the power people
    5. For the money
    6. For the notoriety
    7. For the authority and power
    OR
    8. His handlers have plans to use him for some large and important agenda and this is the first step (next, the governor's mansion so Patsy can redecorate)

The Ramseys are the kind of people who would never be content with being nobodies, much less nobodies tainted by suspicion. Remember, they consider themselves "John and Jackie" and Camelot has long been their goal. This is the road to Camelot.

I surely believe he will fail to receive the party nomination on Aug. 3rd.

Talking

Deja,

Number 8 was waaay to funny! I loved it!

The above is just my opinion, right or wrong, but please leave it at FFJ.

Yes, yes, yes. To all of the above.

From Patsy's point of view:

I think that they believe this will restore their entree into "society". I would be willing to bet all of my cornbread that they were not accepted in Atlanta by the "right" people. They perceive themselves to be "high-steppers" (haha - as opposed to HiTec'ers).

Seriously, I believe Patsy's main aspiration is to be a member of the elite, and while she thinks the way to achieve this is to overdo it with her overcooked decorating and dress her child like a movie star/trollop (with apologies to the innocent little JonBenet), nonetheless she plods on.

And of course, the hope that the ultimate result would be to distance their current life from that horrific murder.

I have no clue what John Ramsey hopes to accomplish. I would be surprised if it were anything altruistic.