Why is Ramsey Running? Need all thoughts.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Since the primary is just a few weeks away I would like to ask this question.

Why do you think John Ramsey is running?

We have had time to read his interviews to get a better idea of his ideas and his reasons for running for office.

Having read his platform, which I find to be very vague, I believe he is running for one reason. He wants attention. He is so arrogant and his ego is so huge that he can't see how bizarre his run for office is.

He misses the attention of being a big shot. He misses the power. A friend of his gave him some encouragement to run and the floodgates opened.

John and Patsy Ramsey are still the MAIN people under the umbrella of suspicion concerning the death of JonBenet Ramsey.

The fact that John Ramsey doesn't have a website, a tip line, or information out about a reward for the killer, yet, has a beautiful website for his run for office, speaks volumes. It's about him. His power. His ego.

Poor JonBenet. She appears to be forgotten.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I don't know why he's running, Tricia. It seems ill-conceived and bizarre that he would think his past actions regarding his daughter's murder would be something voters would not consider. I can't imagine the arrogance it takes to shove all that in voters' faces and expect them to overlook the fact that both he and his wife are still suspects in their daughter's death in the opinions of the majority of people. There has been no killer brought to justice, and until there is, the Ramseys will always be suspect. It takes supreme arrogance to run for public office, with the stain of suspicion on one's record, in a race where reputation is everything

3. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

He has nothing better to do.

Someone who he thinks is a friend put him up to it to get the truth out.

I predict he will lose, if he doesn't drop out first. I like this quote from our US Rep Max Sandlin: "There are two ways to run: uncontested, and scared to death."

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Well, there is another train of thought on this. I think John Ramsey is a control freak. He's used to having power, and he has none now. Perhaps by running for office, he hopes to use the power of his office to apply further pressure on officials involved in the investigation of his daughter's death. Or, perhaps he hopes to introduce legislation limiting the freedom of the press and/or speech, as all his lawsuits have attempted to do.

5. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

One thing

I am sure of. He prayed about this action he has taken, running for political office. I'll give that to him.

One thing I've wondered before is if the Lord hears the prayers of liars. :devil:

6. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Why?

The power

The women

The salary (better than what he's making now)

More sales of DOI

The presumption of "good citizen/man" by those who don't know better

The feeling of importance

It certainly isn't because of the wonderful history he has in helping others. He hasn't even helped his own charity that is non existent

7. Twitch

Twitch Active Member

What else has he got to do?

Hang out with Patsy? They can't stand each other.

8. Tez

Tez Member

I think he is running because he misses being the big shot. Although I don't think he will have a lot of power even if he is elected. Maybe he thinks by some bizarre twist of fate, he will be taken out from under the umbrella. Who knows?

Twitch, too funny. Could you imagine living with either of them? LOL

9. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Ego

Power (the perception can power can make one do some mighty odd things.)

Position (remember, the Ramseys are no longer the community darlings.)

Salary (depending on how much money those law suits actually made.)

10. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

1. To establish their innocence once and for all (they think)
    2. To exhonerate their public reputation
    3. To restore their once lofty position in society
    4. To ingratiate themselves again with the power people
    5. For the money
    6. For the notoriety
    7. For the authority and power
    OR
    8. His handlers have plans to use him for some large and important agenda and this is the first step (next, the governor's mansion so Patsy can redecorate)

The Ramseys are the kind of people who would never be content with being nobodies, much less nobodies tainted by suspicion. Remember, they consider themselves "John and Jackie" and Camelot has long been their goal. This is the road to Camelot.

I surely believe he will fail to receive the party nomination on Aug. 3rd.

11. Tez

Tez Member

Deja,

Number 8 was waaay to funny! I loved it!

12. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Yes, yes, yes. To all of the above.

From Patsy's point of view:

I think that they believe this will restore their entree into "society". I would be willing to bet all of my cornbread that they were not accepted in Atlanta by the "right" people. They perceive themselves to be "high-steppers" (haha - as opposed to HiTec'ers).

Seriously, I believe Patsy's main aspiration is to be a member of the elite, and while she thinks the way to achieve this is to overdo it with her overcooked decorating and dress her child like a movie star/trollop (with apologies to the innocent little JonBenet), nonetheless she plods on.

And of course, the hope that the ultimate result would be to distance their current life from that horrific murder.

I have no clue what John Ramsey hopes to accomplish. I would be surprised if it were anything altruistic.

13. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

DejaNu, I think you hit them all.

Ego and power are number one for me.

Followed by restoring his "good name" so he and Patsy are not only remembered as the prime suspects in the murder of their daughter.

John Ramsey said that he had been given a platform because of the case. Therefore he has taken this platform and is using it to run.

My question is why didn't Ramsey use his "platform" to do something with the JonBenet Ramsey Foundation? He doesn't need to run for anything. He has the platform. He can make changes juse using his name.

Look at Marc Klaas. Look at John Walsh.

John Ramsey has choosen to sit on his behind and whine about his treatment by the media. Then what does he do? Run for office.

It's ego. All ego.

Think about it.

By actually doing something with the JonBenet Ramsey Foundation like he said he would, Ramsey would not have POWER. The JBR Foundation would mean WORK without great rewards of power.

It's ego and power. That's all.

14. EasyWriter

EasyWriter FFJ Senior Member

To answer the question, it is necessary to understand in
    considerable measure the working of the minds of John and Patsy.
    Much information is provided by their appearance on CNN six days
    after the death of JonBenet.

I can understand the suffering parents of a missing child pulling
    it together to go public in an effort to help find the child, but
    this is not the situation with the Ramseys. The child was dead
    and nothing they could do was going to change that. The reason
    for this appearance is found in the content of the transcript
    with a particular theme showing up again and again in other
    interviews.

JOHN RAMSEY:...... And we know that there's many people that are
    praying for us, that are grieving with us. And we want to thank
    them, to let them know that we are healing,...but we want to
    thank those people that care about us.

PATRICIA RAMSEY: We have just been overwhelmed by the cards and
    letters and visits and people we haven't seen for years have come
    to call and be supportive.....

Behind the transparent guise of making the appearance to help
    find the killer, the real objective was to garner “public
    approval†as vindication. Indeed, the many subsequent appearances
    and interviews with the same theme marks this as an obsession.
    John’s run for office is more of the same.

Although John Ramsey brought the death of JonBenet into the
    political arena, for the most part, it’s been ignored. Yes, there
    is often passing mention, but no follow up. If he hadn’t brought
    it up, chances are that it would have been ignored even more, if
    not entirely. The fact that he did bring it up and set it right
    out front tells that political ambitions have nothing to do with
    his running. What’s you’re seeing is a continuation of the same
    emotional directive that was behind the first interview in 1997.
    It’s all about “public approval†as “vindication†as “good
    people.†In these minds, it has the effect, (though temporary) of
    assuaging the feeling of guilt.

Even the psychology of manipulation is shown here as in the past.
    Patsy could have called 911 and reported an accident without
    mentioning the confrontation. She didn’t. She relied upon her
    ability to manipulate and deceive much more that she did in her
    ability to come across as honest and innocent. That night, she
    didn’t trust others to trust her word; yet, that is what she has
    been doing since for over seven years. Her word is all she has.
    The evidence tells a different story.

After the initial circumstance, they could have withdrawn from
    the public and interest in the case would have diminished
    considerably taking then out of focus. They did not make this
    choice. Instead, they have consciously and actively stayed in the
    light to promote their claim of innocence. They “need†public
    approval like a heroine addict needs a fix. It’s the whole basis
    for their sense of self value. Behind it all is Patsy saying:
    RUN, JOHN, RUN.

The part that galls the most, the most despicable and
    contemptible of the whole campaign thing is John Ramsey saying
    he was “given†a platform to do good. This is about as low as low
    can go.

15. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Well, I'm only speculating because I don't know the Ramseys :D

But I consider the Atlanta friends - the Westmorlands & co. They were supposed to be the Ramseys best friends in Atlanta - yet they kind of faded out of the picture. None of the "wonderful" Atlanta friends spoke out on their behalf - it was all friends from long times gone by who did that.

So I wonder, were the Ramseys utlimately shunned by their rich Atlanta friends? Maybe not even shunned, but not exactly "included"? These are people for whom position in society is everything. Would they be true friends in time of need? John couldn't get a job and they were America's "most hated couple". They may have found out who their real friends were and been left with a feeling of "I'll show them" with regard to any former friends.

16. Tez

Tez Member

Shunned by the lunch bunch? You know what? I think that is really behind the move to Michigan.

17. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Really good question as to why JR is running for office…not that it is a very "high" office or anything…but it might just serve to make him think he has a little power, and if he were to be elected he could then say "See…I can't be guilty of a crime, or the people wouldn't have elected me…" and I also think as Driver said that it would help their re-entry into the social circles Miss Patsy thinks they should be in. It may all be a part of Woody's bin Limpy's PR advice perhaps? Who knows, maybe they are running out of people to sue, and they were hoping more protesters would show up and say negative things? Who the H-E-L-L knows why these people ever do half the things they do??? They have certainly tried harder to clear their own names than they have to see a killer brought to justice…oh wait…that would be them wouldn't it…Hmmm…nevermind?

18. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

From a psychological standpoint, I'd have to agree with EZ. Purging a guilty conscience that won't grant them peace is a powerful motivator for obsessing over clearing their names. Even if JR's elected King of Siam, their guilty consciences still won't be appeased. They've engaged in every classic form of denial available--blameshifting, rewriting history over and over ala Smit's ever-morphing intruder theory, etc. They protesteth too much-trying to convince themselves of their own innocence. You can run, but you can't hide. Run John Run indeed!

19. MAC65

MAC65 Member

why ramsey is running

Dear Tricia,
    When I heard Ramsey was running--in the state I now live in--I sent him a letter suggesting that the first thing he do upon election is sponsor legilation to criminalize child beauty pageants. That way, I told him, no child will have to go through what yours went through.
    I'm also thinking of suggesting that I hold a book signing in front of his campaign office, all proceeds to go to Organizationa that work on behalf of sexually abused children. Also, perhaps, a benefit performance of my play.
    As you probably know, in this heavily republican area he--great right to lifer that he is--is likely to win.
    I also tried to get USA Today to run a counter story, but of course they and the mainline media only want to play things woody's way.
    Some kind of countermovement should be mounted.
    Best, Mac Davis
    p.s. By the way, Wood continues to NOT follow through on his promise to sue me and "by a new jaguar and thoroughbred racehorse" from the money he'd make.

20. WiltonJr

WiltonJr Member

John Ramsey needs to feed his ego IMO.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice