Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Exclamation Like Lurker said,

I too, am coming late to this thread. I have to agree with what everyone has said. And I think back to when we all first heard about the sudden move to Michagan from Atlanta and whisking Burke out of school in the middle of a term. It all seemed so sudden and questionable. After we heard that John was running for office or at least going to run for office the motive for moving became clear.

I do think that the Ramseys have always felt accepted there in Charlievoix maybe because of the geographical distance from Boulder or the type of people who inhabit the city of Charlievoix. And then some friiend of John's suggested he run for the seat because....he has the time, needs the money and is a Republican. Isn't that all it takes to run for a state office. I would love to see how their campaign donations are doing after the request by Patsy of $500 each. Yikes. Don't forget this office is only a two year office. Even if and heaven forbid he wins, he will have to campaign all over again in two years. That takes a lot of money all over again. And by then he will have earned some kind of record in the State office...good or bad or nothing at all. And in this day and age a negative record or a bland record will not help you last. So....

All in all I have to say that ego is the main driving force. And he continues to be the master of misdirection by putting himself out before the public to be voted on so he can say........Look at me I am innocent or I wouldn't be running for office. Oh pooh

Default Ramsey missed being a CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia
    Since the primary is just a few weeks away I would like to ask this question.

Why do you think John Ramsey is running?

We have had time to read his interviews to get a better idea of his ideas and his reasons for running for office.

Having read his platform, which I find to be very vague, I believe he is running for one reason. He wants attention. He is so arrogant and his ego is so huge that he can't see how bizarre his run for office is.

He misses the attention of being a big shot. He misses the power. A friend of his gave him some encouragement to run and the floodgates opened.

John and Patsy Ramsey are still the MAIN people under the umbrella of suspicion concerning the death of JonBenet Ramsey.

The fact that John Ramsey doesn't have a website, a tip line, or information out about a reward for the killer, yet, has a beautiful website for his run for office, speaks volumes. It's about him. His power. His ego.

Poor JonBenet. She appears to be forgotten.
    I think John Ramsey is running because he misses the prestige he had while as an acting CEO with Access Graphics. There is a lot of social action which goes with this type of job, as well as the adrenalin of running the business. I remember during my own husband's working years, as he was climbing up the ladder with the company he worked for. He is a retired Civil Engineer, and was in Management and he brushed shoulders with those at the very top. This meant invitations to their homes wherever we happened to be, and this also meant buying new outfits to attend these functions, and of course, the wife of the man-at-the-top was always on display. She was another Patsy Ramsey, and enjoyed it to the hilt!

After JonBenét's death, all the glamour attached to John Ramsey's job evaporated, and instead of being the attractive executive couple, they became a couple who were under the "umbrella of suspicion" for the death of their daughter, and even known as "the most hated couple in America."

Not too many companies were eager to hire John Ramsey for any executive position; therefore the only other job available which draws the public is a political figure, and when you see a few political figures which are already in the U.S. political scene: Senator Edward Kennedy - Death of Mary Jo Kopechne at "Chappaquiddick"; Gary Conduit - suspected of the murder of Sandra Levy. The Ramseys may feel, if all of these other "suspect" politicians can hack it and still lead a glamorous life, maybe they think, they can do exactly the same (?).

John enjoyed his executive position. Patsy enjoyed being an executive wife, plus the recognition of having worn the crown of "Miss West Virginia," and being on display “anywhere.“ This type of lifestyle is revered by both Ramseys.
    Last edited by Elle_1; July 19, 2004, 5:35 pm at Mon Jul 19 17:35:36 UTC 2004. Reason: enter the title
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Quote Originally Posted by MAC65
    Dear Tricia,
    When I heard Ramsey was running--in the state I now live in--I sent him a letter suggesting that the first thing he do upon election is sponsor legilation to criminalize child beauty pageants. That way, I told him, no child will have to go through what yours went through.
    I'm also thinking of suggesting that I hold a book signing in front of his campaign office, all proceeds to go to Organizationa that work on behalf of sexually abused children. Also, perhaps, a benefit performance of my play.
    As you probably know, in this heavily republican area he--great right to lifer that he is--is likely to win.
    I also tried to get USA Today to run a counter story, but of course they and the mainline media only want to play things woody's way.
    Some kind of countermovement should be mounted.
    Best, Mac Davis
    p.s. By the way, Wood continues to NOT follow through on his promise to sue me and "by a new jaguar and thoroughbred racehorse" from the money he'd make.
    Mac, good to see you again.

I am so shocked that Lin Wood hasn't sued you yet. NOT. LOL.

Thanks for posting and take care,
    Tricia
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Evidence that's still out there needing tidying up.

Payoff for keeping quiet...

Default Excellent comments here

I don't have much to add to them, it looks like most of the bases have been covered.

I don't think John Ramsey has ever lost the feeling of importance, he is :(:(:(:(ed that others have lost the feeling that he is important.

For people fleeing to Atlanta, back to their "home", it has seemed quite odd to move to Michigan and run for office. Why not do it in their "home"?

I think they wore out their welcome.

Default What is 'the law'?

In 1997, my sister told me about a friend of hers, Marnie Frey, who went missing out at a pigfarm in Port Coquitlam, BC, called Piggy's Palace. My sister told me that the men who owned the pigfarm, killed women out there.

Of course, I asked my sister why she didn't go to the police with this information. She told me she had, but said they had not believed her and had called her delusional. Police already knew about the place, anyway, she told me, as she said they partied out there with David Pickton. Local politicians booked the facilties for parties as well.

My sister told her friend's mother where Marnie last was; the pigfarm. Many women told her friend's mother. Mrs. Frey went to the police and she was not listened to. Years went by after that all the while one after another after another after another and so on, went missing out at the pigfarm. It almost seems as if the reward somehow got in the way of police being able to discern the truth. It is as if police do not want poor people to recieve a reward or to be given any credit.

Then at the end of Septemebr 2003, I saw a man I know snatch a woman off the street. When I reported to the police, they called me delusional. I witnessed two other women being snatched from the street, one at the end of October and the other at the end of December. Even when two local women went missing shortly afterward and their bodies were subsequently found, police rushed to call it 'suicide' and insist I saw no one being snatched. It does make me afraid that ANYONE could 'commit suicide', even when they didn't.

No one, who knew the women, believes it was suicide, yet no one has the power to do anything about the police; in this town they are all powerful and can do anything they want - a claim VPD brag about openly in the DTES. The VPD, much like Suddam Hussein, have no outside, independant agency watching over their affairs.

Now just perhaps Mr. Ramsey has had a similiar experience with the police in Colorado. The 911 Commission has just concluded there was too much in fighting between the various agencies whose prime motive should be our protection. Maybe Mr. Ramsey's run for office is out of frustration with an all-too-powerful police force that has lost its ability to fight crime. It is possible that he may be a hero if he can expose the corruption and bring back the protection we all deserve, which is what I would like to see done here in Vancouver, where police secrecy reaches proportions of a cult.

Good to see Woody hasn't hit you with a frivilous lawsuit Mac. I'm really impressed and laughed out loud more than once reading all the posts on the subject.

Ahem.....my opinion

John (ex CEO) and Patsy (former beauty queen) are missing the limelight badly. I think they are subconciously trying to get themselves caught too.

Maybe they had a conversation somewhat like this;

John: Atlanta sucks, our friends don't even talk to us anymore.
    Patsy: That's not true! What about Susan and Susan?
    John: Stein and Bennett? Sheesh even our enemies suck....let's move to Michigan. No one will hire me in Atlanta. I'll run for public office.
    Patsy: I don't know John...
    John: Oh come on Patsy! Think of the perks, I'll let you redecorate the house.
    Patsy: I don't know....
    John: We'll get a lot of publicity, think of the interviews think...of...the cameras.
    Patsy: The CAMERAS! I'm packing. It will like Miss West Virginia all over again!

Default Voyager

You wrote:

"I have always believed that John and Patsy Ramsey actually want to be identified by authorities as the murderers of their daughter, JonBenet...."

Voyager, I read your post with great interest. You might be on to something.

Nevertheless, I believe that they are feeling lost, and, this run for office is John's way of shoring up his reputation (or lack thereof) and regaining some kind of foothold in the rhelm of respectability.

God only knows what is in their hearts and minds. We can only speculate. No matter how we spin it, this entire saga is akin to a Greek tragedy.

We are so insistent upon seeing good survive and evil punished. It is not always so simple. We are not privy to the misery and self doubt endured by the culprits. If we really could feel, just one minute of their pain, we would probably consider it too unbearable to support life.

I have always felt that, somewhere along the line, one (or both) of the Rams would end up taking their own lives. I believe that the pain is that great.
    What else can they do, save confess and suffer the consequences of their horrid actions? We know that they will never go that route. Or, there is a long shot. JR will regain (he thinks) some degree of respectably in serving in public office. Perhaps the answer to our question, "why is he running," is as simple as that.

Peace.
    Always hopeful,
    Greenleaf

Default To: terriwilliams

Dear terri williams,
    You wrote:

Maybe Mr. Ramsey's run for office is out of frustration with an all-too-powerful police force that has lost its ability to fight crime. It is possible that he may be a hero if he can expose the corruption and bring back the protection we all deserve, which is what I would like to see done here in Vancouver, where police secrecy reaches proportions of a cult."

My dear Ms. Williams:
    Mr. Ramsey exposing corruption and becomming a hero?

JonBenet just turned over in her grave.

Only Lin Woods, the Rams lawyer, would find your theory plausable.

Welcome to the forum. Here, we can agree to disagree, and still be civil.

Peace

Greenleaf

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Thank you Greenleaf. Your posts are always filled with truth and understanding.

I received an email from someone who wishes to remain anonymous. Here are the reasons this person gave for John Ramsey running. Cut and pasted directly from the email.

Concerning John Ramsey running for public office in Michigan, I believe the reason is two-fold . . .

1. With possible court action coming up in Colorado in regards to the
    FOX News lawsuit, John Ramsey, if elected, would be able to have a steady paycheck coming in from the State of Michigan while he was out-of-state taking care of personal matters. He wouldn't be able to deduct expenses though since that wouldn't be "State issues" he was tending to ! A few years down the road John Ramsey would be entitled to a 'retirement' plan of some type provided by the State of Michigan, plus other benefits and priveledges offered a former elected state official !

2. Help further establish a "Family Historical Value" in regards to Michigan politics FOR future reference B-Y B-U-R-K-E ! ! ! "Home-Grown" politicians really DO have a better chance for being elected to office and Burke could NOW be establishing his "lived-here-since-I-was-a-child" routine ! Let's face it NOW . . . Burke Ramsey ISN'T going to be working in the local 'burger joint' or a factory making paper towels after he gets out of High School . . . ain't gonna' happen !

Burke probably has spent almost as much "quality" time with friends in Charlevoix as he has in Boulder having spent his summers there with Patsy and JonBenet. Possibly in a few years he will attend the University of Michigan as did John, and Burke can draw on HIS friends and their families and acquaintances to help him in the political arena.

John is now referring to HIS father's background and accomplishments in Michigan such as the "war efforts" and dedication plaques in airports, etc., etc., trying to draw on name recognition and accomplishment.

Possibly John wants to clear John and Patsy's name so that Burke can say "look . . . my Father was a State Representative, (blah, blah, ) . . . my Father (did this, did that) and I want to represent you also as (GOVERNOR) " ! (or ? whatever ?)

. . . but, Tricia, it isn't going to work for them . . . IS IT ? ? ?

No matter WHAT the Ramseys accomplish in court . . . in Georgia . . . in Michigan . . . or, the State of Colorado . . . THERE WILL COME A DAY, when someone will ask Burke . . . "YES, I HEAR YOU, but what about YOUR MOTHER being suspected of killing your Sister" ! ! ! What do YOU remember about THAT Burke " ? It will haunt him his entire life ! All it takes to start the ball rolling against him is ONE PERSON intent on making it an issue against Burke and the discussion will travel the entire media circuit once again !

It really IS a shame isn't it Tricia ? Just think . . . if the Ramseys had told what REALLY happened and seriously appealed to law enforcement and the court system to help them "due to an accidental death" on Dec. 26th, 1996, possibly it could have ALL been over with by now and EVERYONE that has been "thrown under the bus" could be getting on with their lives and the Ramseys not having to scheme and lie every day and worry whether or not law enforcement "MIGHT just discover'\" that one needed piece of evidence ANY DAY, finally and TOTALLY ending everything they have tried to accomplish for Burke.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

My only guess is to appear like an upstanding citizen.
    He thinks he'll be untouchable or the heat will be
    off when he's an elected official?

Storm ^i^
    I believe there are angels among us...

Welcome Storm! I think you may be on to something.

The above is just my opinion, right or wrong, but please leave it at FFJ.