Jeff Garfield Wants Our Help ...

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cherokee, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I wrote to Jeff Garfield regarding John Ramsey's recent dirty tricks campaign against him, and asked how I could help. John Ramsey has decided to sling mud in order to get elected, and I believe the voters of Michigan need to know the REAL John Ramsey behind the sleek facade.

Mr. Garfield said that a recent poll showed the election was between him and John Ramsey. The fact that John Ramsey has resorted to planting Garfield's past cocaine conviction in the media shows he knows the race is close, and is scared he might lose the primary. It was a risky move in Ramsey's part since he lives in a huge "glass house," and any stone he throws may come back to hurt him.

John Ramsey, still under the umbrella of suspicion in his daughter's murder, should be the LAST person to cast aspersions on another candidate's character. I think he needs a good dose of what he's dishing out.

Mr. Garfield's reply to my e-mail is copied below. He says he needs people to write short (300 words or less) letters to the editors of local newspapers. If nothing else, we could write a short paragraph telling how the TRUTH about John Ramsey, and his run for office, can be found at www.supportramseytruth.com.

Thank you for the concern. What I need is short letters to the editor, 300 words or less. They can be sent to:

Gaylord Herald Times editor@gaylordheraldtimes.com
    Petoskey News Review kwint@petoskeynews.com
    Antrim County News edit@upnorthpub.com
    Charlevoix Courier
    Cheboygan Tribune rich.adams@cheboygantribune.com

I will be conducting a poll later this week, but from the last two polls it will either be me or John Ramsey.

Let others know that I need your help. Thanks.

Jeff

IMO

2. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

That's so cool. There I was thinking he was going to be asking for money. I love him.

3. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Wow, Cherokee, thanks for making this contact and posting. I will get right on my letter to the editor, with a copy to Jeff. I also plan to move out of the country should John Ramsey get the party nomination. :bee:

4. Tez

Tez Member

Thanks Cherokee! I will get right on writing my letter.

5. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Thanks Cherokee...I'll work on my letter after I take my daughter to work, or else get to it by the weekend!

6. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

The "Truth" site has been updated. It's the info ACR has on her page. Thanks ACR.

http://www.supportramseytruth.com/jbr-foundation-truths.htm#jbr-foundation

If the people of district 105 really knew only about John Ramsey's lies concerning the JonBenet Ramsey Foundation they would run him out of town. Let alone all his other lies.

I have heard, and I am trying to confirm, that John Ramesy HAS PAID FOR A SATELITTE TRUCK SO HE CAN GO ON THE DEBRA NORVILLE SHOW (MSNBC)

If this is true, why in the world is Ramsey going on national TV? Why not keep it local?

I am on the road. If someone can watch the DN show tonight on MSNBC I would appreciate it.

Edited because John didn't trash Garfield

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2004
  7. Show Me

Incredible ACR, my gosh we are not worthy! Wonderful update...shows what the Ramseys are REALLY like. Don't listen to their 'meaningless' words...look at their results.

As far as paying for satelite on national television in a small local election. Well... heck betcha Patsy organized it in her 'bigger than Texas' way.

Mr. Garfield please read the first page, puts the info in a nut shell and ACR has the documentation God bless her.

8. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Deborah Norville

John Ramsey interview: (VERY ROUGH REPORT!!!)

Opens with him announcing his candidacy, then Deborah giving a recap of the history.

Ooh... John and Patsy

DN:Why are you pushing yourself out there now?

JR:Life needs to keep moving forward. Way we can contribute./..blah blah

DN:Why did you decide to make your vacation homw your permanent home?

JR:Michigan is a wonderful place to live... have talked about it for a long time... talked to Burke about it... He felt he would like to continue with school in Charlevoix..that was all we needed to make the decision.

DN:patsy, when did you realize your husband had a politcal bug?

PR:I didn't realize it at all...etc elaborating

DN:Did the death of your daughter help him to change from businessman to politics?

PR:Yes, I think so.. etc.... lots of cliches... giving back, etc.. doors opening.. JOhn feels like this is a way he can contribute..

DN:Jonbenet - this certainly gives you a lot of name recognition that the other candidates don't have.

JR:Yes. people have realized that we got a pretty raw deal...blah blah.. people have been wonderful to us..

TV Commercial being shown.. Deborah asks about it..

Oh brother that commercial is pathetic. John political ad

JR:"we felt it was important because people didn't know the facts. There have been many significant developments in the last 2 years.

DN - says she doesn't think MSNBC has ever covered the Michigan state representative race before. She then reads off the others names,"just to be fair". She says something about the fairness of his getting all of this media attention and he mumbles something patronizing about them all being good people.

DN asks Patsy about her cancer treatments.

Patsy says her chemo ended just the other day. Goes on to expand on all of the folderol.. That she finished her chemo and was able to meet/greet 360 people right after blah blah blah.That everything seems to be going well for Patsy..(which I am happy to report). She looks pretty, and healthy.

Commercial.....

Asks JR what the new significant developments are.

JR says getting the new investigators appointed. Results have been that they have been f0llowing up on leads.. mentions that they were able to extract very strong DNA evidence and have entered it into the data base.

DN:patsy how optimistic are you that someone will find the killer of your little girl?

PR:I am very optimistic. I will not give up. The DNA has been so instrumental in clearing people who have been suspected (gag) and I am convinced we have the killer's DNA and we will find him. etc etc

John says he is trying to address the immediate needs of his district.. protecting children blah blah. job creation is a big issue.. a key part of what he wants to try to effect.

DN:patsy, where do you get your strength.....etc....they accused you, how did you keep going...

PR:The same thing that has sustained us for 8 years. We believe in Jesus Christ and that he is our Savior. It is the rock and the strength that we will one day be again with my mother, with JB, with my aunts and uncles (didn't mention John's other daughter).

DN:Will you always have a pain in your heart? (to PAtsy)

PR:Yes I will always have a pain in my heart. .... I think JB would be very proud of her Daddy. We said a prayer before this show and asked that JB and Beth be with us (?? lost train of thought - maybe that they would direct us)..

Commercial break.

Now showing snippet of Alex Hunter dismissing the GJ.

DN:What's your best guess of what happened to your daughter?

JR:Well, all we know is that absolute evil came into our home that night. It is unimaginable that someone could do that to a child. Other than that we don't know. We hope that one day we will know.

She asks about possibility of an employee, etc.

JR:Says that current investigators are doing a great job and he is confident that they will get the guy. That the investigators have told him so. And until he says they can't do anything else, he will believe it.

DN:Asking Patsy about opening her house up to the public for the tour. Asked if she had any regret about being so public about their private lives..

Patsy says she wouldn't do that again. Your home should be your sanctuary..

DN says she is from the South and understands about pageants, etc.

SHe asks if the pageant involvement might have had something to do with it.

Patsy say no, because it was just such a little part of their lives. She says that Little League ball is so much more public. (HUH?) Now she is talking about how people have been supporting John... throws in the website URL &
    says people may not know about them, but they might send in a dollar (she caught herself from saying sending money and then said "a dollar").. and DN sort of snickered and said, "We will let that be the last word."

(I think DN didn't expect her to throw in the plug for the website unsolicited. Ha. she should have known.)

Not even going to proof this.. sorry it is such a rough report. maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.

Oops... DN is back again and asking her about the missing woman in CA..what they could say about that. he is saying how horrible that family must feel and all of the reasonable things that any one of us might say. It is a horrible thing.

DN:Does it give you a flashback, Patsy?

SHe said yes, and that when she was listening to DN's report right before their segment she just prayed from the family, etc.. very sincere comments from them.

But then John said he would advise anyone to do everything possible that they could think to do and not to just rely on the people handling the case.. (Oops, John.. Then why didn't you and Patsy do everything YOU could to help in the investigation of JB - like be interviewed by the police rather than stonewalling and making all kinds of demands for conditions, etc for 4 months?)

Okay.. I think that's it folks. Hope it helped for those of you who missed it.. It is in no way verbatim, but I did my best to at least convey the gist of what was said and asked.

9. Tez

Tez Member

Thanks Driver. I am going to see if there is a rebroadcast later tonight, just to watch Patsy blink! Or was she even blinking tonight? LOL

10. Thor

Thor Active Member

I don't usually watch Deborah's show, but tonight I just happened to tune in because I am interested in Lori Hacking's case. Then when they announced Goat and Wife would be on and "new information on the investigation into their daughter's murder" I couldn't believe it. (Where was Toejam's alert to this newscast?) Anyway, I watched it and played a drinking game with myself to take a sip of wine every time Lizard Tongue licked his lips. I counted 8 times that the serpentine tongue was offered to the camera (probably was much more than that in reality, off camera), strangely enough, once for each year this crime has remained unsolved. It got more active when JonBenet was brought up. Anyhow, I really expected them to mention Helgoth & Gigax but no, nothing was mentioned on them. Maybe they read here and realize Bucky's crock was just that.

Oh Tez, by the way, Deborah asked the Ramsey's their advice for the parents of Lori Hacking, since they listened to that broadcast before they made their appearance. Patsy did a long blink then, saying she said prayer for them. Other than that, I didn't notice any blinking on Patsy's part. Deborah told her she looked damn good for having her last chemo treatment last Tuesday. And Patsy mentioned some kind of "supernatural" thingie going on with her cancer....

11. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

I thought for sure he was going to attack Garfield. Still trying to confirm if John paid for the satelite truck or not.

It is so frustrating to watch uninformed talking heads let the Ramseys tell their fairy tale. Just once I would like to see them challenged.

12. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

LOL, Thor

...about Lizard Lips flicking his tongue exactly 8 times for the 8 years his daughter has been dead. You crack me up!

The half-hour political commercial for John Ramsey was very boring and reiterated everything they said on LKL.

RE: the website and sending in money, Patsy said "Some people only send a dollar, but we appreciate it". HAHA--Sparky--that line was for YOU! :bee:

13. Thor

Thor Active Member

Yeah Lurker, and I counted the one time I saw him slime that tongue out during one of the political commercials they aired. That counted as far as I'm concerned. God only knows how many times it flicked in & out off camera. It is more active when JonBenet is mentioned. Surprised the bastid hasn't fallen off.

14. Show Me

Wellllll I just checked the supportjohn website and another part of his elaborate plan to create jobs is listed. Yep, the site now lists the 'Chamber of Commerce' and small business sites.

Wow I'm floored...must have taken a half hour to copy and paste the websites. John's gonna create jobs...big joke. All John's going to do is point you to the people that can actually help. Nothing coming from John's end.

Just like SHOES and the JBR foundation....John once again gives himself a lot of credit ahead of time, takes his bows and does nothing.

Do the voters of Michigan want a man of BIG WORDS and no action?

I think John is scared to have a press conference before the primary...some one might ask a hard question...like what exactly did you do for SHOES? Where is the laws you were going to legislate for children?

15. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

"JR:Michigan is a wonderful place to live... have talked about it for a long time... talked to Burke about it... He felt he would like to continue with school in Charlevoix..that was all we needed to make the decision."

Living hell is living hell - in Georgia and Michigan. John Ramsey is afflicted with a tongue thing? How appropriate.

Kids rule!

16. Cherokee

Thanks, DejaNu, Tez, Show Me (and any others not mentioned) for taking the time to write a letter to the editor regarding the REAL John Ramsey.

It galls me to think John Ramsey (if elected) will be supported financially by public tax dollars as a source of income. As an incumbent, he could easily stay on the public dole for the rest of his life. I also believe that John will not be content to remain a state representative, but will eventually make a run for governor of Michigan or US Senator.

John and Patsy are hoping to regain previous social status and financial prosperity. When they say they want to "move on," what they really mean is they want to "move up."

IMO

17. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Letter sent!

I find it ironic that John would bring up such an old "mistake" when he himself has an old "mistake", namely adultery from so many years ago.

I sure hope he is prepared to answer for his own "mistakes" made way back when.

I also hope he is prepared to answer some "pranks" his own wife and company played on Tony Frost's wife, calling up as a "mistress".

Yeah John, go for it! Let's see you answer some allegations for a change.

18. Cherokee

Thanks, Barbara, for sending your letter.

I truly believe the Ramseys think if John is elected, it will help remove from them the stigma of suspicion in their daughter's death. They will also see it as a vindication of sorts ... that the public LOVES them once again.

I have said this before, and I will say it again ... it is what the Ramseys crave most of all ... approval and social acceptance. It was one of the reasons behind the cover-up of what really happened to JonBenet, and it their primary motivator even now. They have always cared more about what people think of them, than they ever cared about JonBenet.

IMO

19. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

The public will never LOVE them. They don't even have friends that LOVE them. Notice how their dearest friends never stay that way for very long. Even the Stines were their dearest friends for only a couple of years.

I have never heard mention by them or anybody else that either one of them have friends from long ago that they are still close with. Most people have a couple of dear friends that they have either from childhood, or school, college, even friends made once they became adults.

Neither John nor Patsy seem to have any real "old friends" to speak of. They are all temporary best friends until better friends come along.

If anyone else has any knowledge of "lifelong friends" that either one have, I'd be interested to know.

Maybe it's silly, but these are exactly the sort of things that I look for when sizing people up.

So should the Michigan voters.

20. Prairie

Prairie Member

Here's a copy of the e-mail I just sent to one of the editors:

I read recently in an online news article that John Ramsey, suspect in the murder of his daughter, JonBenet, is leading in the polls in his bid to serve in the Michigan state legislature.

The Michigan public must be either completely oblivious to the facts behind the case or consider possible murderers to be just the representation they need. On the other hand, they could simply be completely ignorant.

Jeff Garfield may have used cocaine in his life, but it appears to anyone who is familiar with him that he's now an exemplary citizen.

Mr. Ramsey has continually distorted the truth in his daughter's murder investigation. The DNA found on his daughter's body was degraded and cannot be dated, but Mr. Ramsey insists that it must belong to the killer. How that killer's DNA degrades so much faster than JonBenet's, with which it was mingled, is a mystery to anyone with common sense. It could also belong to a school chum, but Mr. Ramsey won't go there. He claims that the DNA exonerates him and his wife. The fact is, it does not.

Mr. Ramsey used Judge Carnes decision as "proof" of his and his wife's innocence in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey. Unfortunately, there was no actual evidence from the police file submitted into evidence. As an open murder investigation, that evidence is highly confidential and could not be presented in a civil case without compromising the investigation. But Mr. Ramsey doesn't want anyone, especially the voters of Michigan, to know that.

Regards,

My Name
    Former Michigan Resident

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice