Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Barbara, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I have been reading time and time again that JonBenet said she was going to receive a special/secret visit from Santa.

Did she really say that?

To Whom?

Is that an internet fallacy or is that a witnessed fact?

2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Supposedly she said it to a friend I believe. Perhaps a friends mother?

It's in PMPT and ITRMI. Let me look it up.

It's not an Internet urban legend.

Back later.

Tricia

3. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

I also believe that's in PMPT in the context that, a few days before Christmas 1996, JB was over at a little friend's house playing and told her friend's mom she was expecting a secret santa visit. The factoid has always bothered me, pestered me, and, I believe, is extremely relevant to identifying the perp.

4. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Kostanick? Was that the name of the mother who told about the secret santa?

5. Little

Little Member

I have some more on file & will post it as soon as I find it :)

Little

6. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Nope

One family ex-friend of the Ramseys, early on, said that her daughter told her that Jonbenet said that she was going to be visited by Santa. that was it. What little kid doesn't say that? However, suddenly this ex-family friend started reading this simple statement in the press--only it had been changed to a "secret" visit. kind of like how we read about the mysteriously-tampered- with lock on the back door, which was proof of an intruder, only to find out the lock had been tampered with for months prior to the murder and the Ramseys knew it damn well. Of course you'd think that after about five hundred of these lies by the Ramseys, Lou smit might actually step back and think "gee--these people sure do lie a lot" but that never really happened. he's protecting them and always has been.

7. Little

Little Member

From PMPT:

8. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Aaaahhhhh Boulder natives. Don't believe everything you read in PMPT. That story is not accurate--the bit about "after Chritmas" was an embellishment that was NOT in the original statement. Kind of like how Schiller reported that Staton said she heard a scream but she really told cops she heard or felt 'psychic energy." This is exactly why no indictment is ever going to come in this case--because so many people have changed their stories, lied about taking money from tabloids, or just been plain flakey as hell.

9. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Ws

On Ws, a poster suggests that it was Patsy herself who fed the idea to JBR that Santa would pay her a special visit after Christmas. The poster suggested that this was Patsy's way of explaining about the Charlevoix trip where they would be having Christmas all over again with the big kids. That makes a lot of sense to me.

I think this secret santa thing is a whole lot of nothing. As BobC says, there is so much muddy "evidence" - like the pry marks and the packing peanut which COULD have been easily explained had the ramseys sat down and answered unconditional questions immediately. Instead, there are details which will forever be unanswered with certainty because the delay in co-operating with police ensured that memories were faded.

If my child were murdered in our home and I knew for a fact that some pry marks on our back door were caused by an attempted burglary some time previously, I would want to make that VERY clear to the investigators. I would want them to find the killer and they're not going to do that if they are wasting time looking at the wrong evidence. I'd be less concerned with them looking at me as the potential killer than I would be in finding the B* who terrified, tortured and killed my baby.

10. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Thanks everyone for your responses. Like I also stated on WS, sometimes these little tidbits from long ago are spoken so often that I forget whether they are fact or not.

I have to agree with K777Angel on WS, that JBR was probably, if there is anything to this at all, talking about the visit to Michigan where she was to receive additional presents from JAR and Melinda, etc.

I also have to agree with Bob C that it just may mean nothing at all, or that it was embellished to make it mysterious.

11. Elle

Elle Member

True, Bob! So many people have changed their stories! With the Ramseys being "masters of the game."

12. VP

VP Member

Just wanted to

bump this thread up for further discussion.

13. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I did not know that Kostanick fell in the former friend category. Bob - could you please eleborate?

RR

14. VP

VP Member

The girls played together

I've read several times that Meghan and JonBenet played together at Kostanick's house on 12/25/95 - which is when JonBenet supposedly told Barb that Santa was going to pay her a secret visit.

Taken from another thread - posted by JustInCase:
    "Not only was Barb Kostanick on the board of directors for JonBenet's school, Gail Heinzman was the registered agent!! Gail was also the registered agent for the JonBenet Ramsey Childrens Foundation."

15. Tricia

I am going from memory here but was it ever really determined that JonBenet actually said she was going to receive a visit from a secret santa, or, did someone end up embleshing an innocent story.

I have always been fuzzy about this.

16. Tricia

It's very unusual that we have not heard much about Barbara Kostanick. She is very much a supporter of the Ramseys yet not much about her. Why is that?

17. Elle

Elle Member

Santa's special visit to JonBenet Ramsey · 215, 324

From AcandyRose Index of "Death of Innocence"

Page 215 paraphrased.

John Ramsey states JonBenét had spent a good part of the time playing at Megan Kostanick's house. During this time JonBenét told Megan's mother, Barbara that Santa was going to make a special visit to her after Christmas.

Barb challenged her, thinking JonBenét had got mixed up, and told Santa came that night, on Christmas Eve.

JonBenét repeated ..."No, Santa told me he is making a special visit after Christmas, and it's a secret."
    Barbara Kostanick phoned the police after the murder, and they didn't pay any attention to her, because they were focused on the Ramseys.
    Barb frustrated, then called Susan Stine, who in turn called the Ramsey investigators, who encouraged the Boulder police to take a second more careful look.

Page 324

John learns through the grapevine that Barb Kostanick is asked to testify before the grand jury with her story, and they hoped Barb's testimony would open a new door for the grand jury's inquiry.

We all know how tha
    t one went, don't we?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice