Write those opinion letters!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Aurora, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Aurora

Aurora Member

This is one from yesterday's Record Eagle ...in support of John Ramsey. We need people to write and let the public know what the real John is all about.

Responsible Leadership

I support John Ramsey for the l05th State Representative. I've known John for over 40 years. We were classmates and close friends at Michigan State University. John's core values haven't changed over the years. He's always been a person of high integrity, strong morals and great work ethic.

John's experience shows he understands what it takes to create a better environment for economic growth. With his promise to fight for lower taxes and better educational reforms, I believe his ideas will stimulate growth in Michigan.

I urge you to vote for a strong voice on AUg. 3....John Ramsey.

John Tysse of Boyne City

I would love to write to all the people that contributed to his campaign and share the truth with them...too. I know that isn't possible...but this is something we all can do!

Please write and send your letters to: Record-Eagle, Editor, Box 632, Traverse City, MI. 49685-0632 OR email letters to... letters@recordeagle.com No attachments please. Letters can be read online at www.recordeagle.com/edits.htm

Limit letters to no more than 200 words, typewritten or clearly printed. All letters must contain the author's name which will be published along with the town, ad the author's signature, address and telephone number for verification purposes. Letters are subject to editing.

Let's help Jeff beat Ramsey....the only way we can!!! Letthe truth be told. His money bought a special kind of justice for the rich and powerful in the murder of his daughter. Will his election campaign buy the election....as well?

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I think if you want John Ramsey to win, then you should do this. An orchestrated effort to discredit a political candidate or party never fail to make me sympathetic towards the "victim".

I like to receive information so that I can make an educated choice/decision, but as soon as it is apparent that there is an orchestrated effort to sway my opinion, it has the opposite effect.

3. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

My letter

If I were bold enough to write a letter, this is what I would write:

Although I have never met John Ramsey, or his wife, Patsy, I feel like I know them. For the past seven and a half years I have been involved, along with many others, in sleuthing the case of JonBenet Ramsey’s murder.

I have seen every one of the Ramsey’s numerous interviews ( in reference the JonBenet murder case) given to various media outlets. I have probably read every news article, magazine article, and TV program about the case. I have, through the years, had discussions, debates and exchanged knowledge with, scores of people on various Forums on the Internet.

I consider myself to be an intelligent person, seventy years young and very concerned about injustice, especially when it pertains to children.

In my opinion, using reasoning, sans all emotion, anyone who has seriously studied the JonBenet Ramsey case, cannot come to any other conclusion than the fact that the parents were involved.

When someone, such as myself, who has a broad base knowledge of the case, watch the Ramsey’s on TV (i.e., their recent MSNBC appearance on the Debbie Norville Show) I cringe at the lies and half-truths they continue to tell. The general audience, not privy to the facts of the case, no doubt, comes to different conclusions.

It is all a sham! God forbid that such a man be elected into any public office in this country. The Ramsey’s come before the public again and again, seeking sympathy and trying to regain their reputations.

Public trust should be reserved for men and women of integrity. So, to the citizens of Michigan: Seek representation from the candidate with clean hands, and whose values you can trust. I pray that such a man exists and that you elect him.

Greenleaf

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Wonderful letter, Greenleaf. May I encourage you to send that letter to the newspapers of northern Michigan so that its citizens may know the truth about John Ramsey?

It is not slinging mud, nor participating in a witch hunt, when you tell the truth about a candidate. Many northern Michigan voters are totally ignorant of the Ramsey case, and they deserve to know the truth behind the facade that is John Ramsey.

IMO

5. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Greenleaf, that is a wonderful letter.

If you feel uncomfortable signing yyour own name I would be happy to send it as from Forums for Justice, list my name as owner, along with close to 400 members worldwide.

Let me know.

Tricia

6. Elle

Elle Member

Well said, Greenleaf!

Greenleaf,

Imagine if you will, the following statement on every telephone pole in Michigan.
    If I lived there, I can assure you, this is what I "would" do!.

7. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

"Public trust should be reserved for men and women of integrity. So, to the citizens of Michigan: Seek representation from the candidate with clean hands, and whose values you can trust. I pray that such a man exists and that you elect him."

I agree. S/he may be a democrat, tho.

8. Greenleaf

Thanks

Cherokee, Tricia, Elle1 and JC. Thank you.

Tricia, you have my permission to send my letter off to whomever.

I do not fee comfortable using my own name, and I know the editors will not publish letters without a name.

Everyone's comments have been most appreciated.

Peace.
    GL

9. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Ok I am going to use bits from Greenie's letter and a few others to write a "Forum Letter" if that's ok with everyone.

10. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Forum Letter--Great Idea!

I, too, am hesitant to write with my real information.

Look at how jameson takes this info and uses it to threaten and harass.

I think a letter from all the Forum is a wonderful idea.

11. Elle

Elle Member

I can well understand how you feel Greenleaf. You can't be too careful here.

12. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

I agree Elle, I should really be careful, I'm literally just across the water from them and we all know what avid sailors they are; I'm afraid one of them might show up in my front yard with a poorly constructed 'garotte' and either a flashlight or a golf club. :nervous:

13. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Tricia,

I think that is a great idea to send a forum letter. I was going to ask Greenleaf if I could use the last paragraph under my name but since you are composing a letter I'll let it go. I really like that last paragraph Greenleaf, "Public trust should be reserved for men and women of integrity. Etc.and so forth" That is a very strong idea. There is very little in the public personna that shows integrity in John Ramsey. His trying to get out of town almost immediatly after his daughter's dead body was discovered, lawyering up so fast instead of talking to LE right then and there and calling that cooperating fully. (To this day they think they cooperated with Le because they answered question about a kidnapping not a murder) Refusal to talk to LE for over 4 months. Insisting on a private lie detector test and not the FBI's. Sending in his sister-in-law to the house to retrieve God knows what from the house including golfclubs in the dead of the winter. These things and many more show us no integrity whatsoever. He's a carpet bagger, johnny come lately!

14. Elle

Elle Member

Know what you mean JIC. Can be a bit scary! However time is marching on with this Ramsey's Campaign, and I feel I want to do something.

My friend Peggy Lakin wrote a book "Journey Beyond Reason" http://www.peggylakin.com/ and Peggy included a short account from me as to why I kept returning to the JonBenét case. I have been off and on like a light switch during the last three years, while for others it's seven! I was thinking of forwarding this to the addresses Tricia posted. My name is already included in Peggy's book. So I may just send it and I know I will feel all the better for it

Peggy asked a few of her poster friends why we were drawn to the JonBenét
    case and kept returning to it. My reply was as follows:

"My reasons for returning to the JonBenét case time and time again when I have given it up, is the fact that John and Patsy Ramsey walked FREELY out of their home on 26 December, 1996, at 755 15th Street, Boulder, Co. after the dead body of their daughter, 6 year old JonBenét was found under very suspicious circumstances. At the same moment the Ramseys were walking away from the scene of the crime, their own housekeeper, Linda Hoffman Pugh, was being questioned and giving handwriting samples to detectives. This is the exact procedure which both Ramseys should have gone through. Into the bargain, they walked out with the same clothes on their backs as the police found them in, that morning of 26 December, 1996. These clothes should have been removed and bagged by the Boulder police. Strangely enough, Detective Linda Arndt's clothes were removed and bagged. Does anyone see anything wrong with this picture? Who was controlling this investigation here?
    I am one of many posters who would like to see Patsy and John Ramsey questioned and challenged publicly on their inconsistencies to cover their tracks in the death of their daughter, JonBenét. I would also like to see Burke Ramsey questioned very thoroughly. I think he knows more than he cares to admit.

I personally feel Patsy Ramsey is responsible for the accidental death of her daughter, JonBenét; that she didn't have the courage to face the public and admit this, and enrolled the help of her husband John Ramsey in the staging of the cover-up of this "accidental death." "

15. Elle

Elle Member

Gaylord Herald Times

Tricia,

I sent it to just one editor at the Gaylord Herald Times. So be it!

16. Cherokee

Wonderful letter, Elle. I feel the same way you do, as I have left and returned to the Ramsey case several times during the last seven years.

I've left for various reasons including disgust at all the infighting, and the realization the case will never be prosecuted inside a courtroom. But I always come back.

I have tried unsuccessfully to explain to family and friends my "obsession" with the Ramsey case. Sometimes, even I don't understand why it has taken such a hold on me, except for the reason you mentioned ...

the Ramseys, though guilty, walked free.

I know Patsy wrote the ransom note, and I believe as you do, that she did it to cover up JBR's accidental death, for reasons that made sense at the time to Patsy's disordered mind. I also believe John helped her in the cover-up of what really happened, and that Burke knows more than he's telling.

Just like OJ, I think Patsy is at a level of deep denial, and has rationalized JonBenet's death in her mind. She has repeatedly said that JonBenet is in a better place, and that some day she (Patsy) will see her again in heaven.

To Patsy, this is a temporary situation, and the circumstances leading to it are best buried, and forgotten. She rather pretend the whole messy situation didn't happen, and carry on with her attempt to lead a social, and prestigious, life. Patsy has always felt it was her destiny.

IMO

17. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, Cherokee. I see you are one of the "seven year" posters. That's a long time! This is the first time I have sent a letter to the editor relating to the JonBenét case, and I thought what have I got to lose? I do feel better for having sent it. Whether, or not, it will be accepted is another story (?).

I went through the same scene. They just shake their heads. To each his own. reading the intelligent posts here do more for me than watching silly half hour shows on TV.
    Edited to add I was just told by a friend I had over 200 words ln my letter. I forgot the word count. I just did it, and I have 321. Ach well! It felt good sending it. :)

18. Cherokee

It IS a long time. :)

Actually, I haven't posted for seven years ... I've just followed the case, and read the forums off and on for that long. I didn't officially join any of the forums in order to post until a couple of years ago.

I feel the same way you do about watching what passes for entertainment on TV. I rarely watch television except for CSI, or a good history/educational program. I guess for me, the Ramsey case is the ultimate "reality show." :)

19. Greenleaf

Zoomama

Yes, indeed! You may take whatever quotes from my letter and use it however you like.

I am surprised that my letter received such positive responses from all you wonderful posters, here at FFJ. Thanks to all who made such favorable comments. You clever sleuths are my inspiration, and JonBenet's FORCED one-way ticket to the other side is the etiology of my sleuting passion. I will not rest until the culprits are given a one-way ticket to a place "where the sun don't shine."

GL

20. Elle

Elle Member

Greenleaf's honest and true words

You can always quote the author as "Greenleaf from FFJ" Zoomama. This way, his honest and true words are being put out there. Just a suggestion! I wouldn't feel right unless I did that, but that's me! :takeabow:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice