It's down to the wire. We need you to act.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Next week is the primary election.

According to a poll by the Flint Journal, Jeff Garfield and Ramsey are neck and neck with 30 percent of the votes each. The remaining candidates make up the other 40 percent.
    http://www.mlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-22/109076172464090.xml?fljournal?NEF

Let's face it. We don't live in district 105 but we care enough about our fellow humans to let them know that a liar will be representing them if they vote for Ramsey.

I will venture to say at this point, if people vote for the other candidates other than Garfield, they are basically giving a vote to Ramsey.

We need everyone to act. To write letters to the editor. I would suggest you don't make accusations on who killed JBR because we really don't know.

I would suggest you focus on John Ramsey's character. His lies. His non-commitment to finding the killer, his lack of cooperation.

Most newspapers require a real name, address, and phone number. They must do this to discourage crank letters.

I have never seen a newspaper print an address or a phone number, just the name, city and state.

I know this scares many of you off and I don't blame you. Not one bit. But keep a couple of things in mind.

The Ramseys know all my information. Everyone does. Look what I have done personally to get the truth out about them. I own FFJ and Websleuths, I led the fight for a special prosecutor, I started www.supportramseytruth.com , and exposed Michael Tracey among other things.

I want to stress that not one thing would have been done had it not been for you and all your hard work. In fact much of the actual work done behind the scenes is from you kind people.

My point is the Ramseys have ignored me. I like that. Lin Wood has dismissed us by saying we need to be "pitied" because we don't have a life. Good. Let them think that.

If the Ramseys or their henchmen were going to do anything to anyone I believe they would have done it by now and would have done it to me. Not that they could do anything to me whatsoever. In fact if I get hit by a bus,(heh) the forum will be in good hands and the work will continue.

I am not guaranteeing that nothing will happen if you provide your personal information. I can't guarantee that. It is your decision.

Final note.

Under a 1964 U.S. Supreme Court ruling, a public figure must show "actual malice" to win a defamation case.

You must know your assertions are false or you had "reckless disregard" for whether they were true or not. And make no mistake about it. Ramsey is a public figure now as is Patsy.

In other words you must know what you are writing is 100 percent false and you have disregarded the truth.

Here are the links to the local papers. These are the papers that reach the people in district 105.

Gaylord Herald Times editor@gaylordheraldtimes.com
    Petoskey News Review kwint@petoskeynews.com
    Antrim County News edit@upnorthpub.com
    Charlevoix Courier Jeremy McBain, P.O. Box 117, Charlevoix, MI 49720
    Cheboygan Tribune rich.adams@cheboygantribune.com
    Traverse City Record Eagle mtyree@record-eagle.com
    letters@record-eagle.com
    Beaver Beacon beacon@beaverbeacon.com

Here is the candidate who can beat Ramsey. Jeff Garfield.
    http://garfield2004.com/web pages/

Thank you for your help.

Tricia

2. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

It would be nice if some of the other candidates would step aside and endorse Mr. Garfield but barring that, Tricia is right, the only way we can help Mr. Garfield is through letters to the editors or campaign donations.

Keep your letters short - 300 words or less. Here are the addresses again:

Gaylord Herald Times editor@gaylordheraldtimes.com
    Petoskey News Review kwint@petoskeynews.com
    Antrim County News edit@upnorthpub.com
    Charlevoix Courier Jeremy McBain, P.O. Box 117, Charlevoix, MI 49720
    Cheboygan Tribune rich.adams@cheboygantribune.com
    Traverse City Record Eagle mtyree@record-eagle.com
    letters@record-eagle.com
    Beaver Beacon beacon@beaverbeacon.com

Mr. Garfield's campaign site for donations:

http://garfield2004.com/web pages/page24.html

(Just be aware that Michigan discloses your information.)

3. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

"Let's face it. We don't live in district 105 but we care enough about our fellow humans to let them know that a liar will be representing them if they vote for Ramsey."

I imagine even the 30% who will vote for him know that already. :) Maybe not. Does this mean you won't be doing a FFJ blanket letter?

Since there are more than two candidates, must the winner receive 50% or more of the vote to avoid a run-off election? I'm thinking that is the way it is in Texas.

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I want to add that the e-mail addy I found for the Charlevoix Courier is current and working as I received a reply from them.

Here it is again ...

charlevoixcourier@charlevoixcourier.com

5. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Has anyone checked to see what letters have been published?

6. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Why, look who is mysteriously missing from a golden opportunity to meet the public he so vigorously protests he is concerned about.

Maybe the fact that only one person from Cheboygan bothered to contribute (to the tune of $100) to his campaign soured John Ramsey a bit on the area.

http://www.cheboygannews.com/articles/2004/07/26/news/news1.txt

Election time is here, and the Cheboygan Area Jaycees will host a "meet the candidates" event Wednesday at The Boathouse restaurant.

So far, the following candidates are scheduled to attend: Jack Apol, Kevin Elsenheimer, Jeff Garfield, Bonnie Nothoff, Craig Ryan, Greg Dean and Jim McKimmy, all of whom are vying for a seat as state representative for the 105th District; incumbent Mickey Castagne and attorney Scott Ingersoll, who are competing for role as Cheboygan's Prosecuting Attorney; County Clerk Mary Ellen Tryban who is running unopposed; and County Treasurer Linda Cronan, who is also unopposed.

7. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

8. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Why Nut you silly poster...John can't possibly appear with the other candidates as he may have to answer questions! We've all seen him hem and haw and stumble on the most basic questions.

Besides Snotty Johnny doesn't want to 'lower' himself by campaigning locally....after all he was a LKL star!

9. Tricia

This letter will be going out to all the papers I can get my hands on.

Thanks to Greenleaf and others for their help. It is 298 words. Just right.

To the Editor.

Forums for Justice.org (www.forumsforjustice.org) is a diversified on-line community proactively dedicated to helping victims of crime. Hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world come to Forums for Justice to read about the cases we cover.

One of the cases we have followed for over seven years is the murder of JonBenet Ramsey in 1996.

Most members of Forums for Justice have seen all of the Ramseys’ numerous interviews (in reference to the JonBenet murder case) given to various media outlets.

When informed individuals, such as members of Forums for Justice, who have a broad-base knowledge of the case, see the Ramseys on TV (i.e., their recent MSNBC appearance on the Debbie Norville Show) we cringe at the lies and half-truths they continue to tell. Based on those lies and half-truths, the general audience, who has not been privy to the facts of the case, has little recourse but to form faulty conclusions.

The Ramseys come before the public again and again, seeking sympathy and trying to regain their reputations, but those of us who have followed the JonBenet case question where this kind of dogged determination was when it came to cooperating with the Boulder Police Department in trying to find the killer of the their daughter.

We have set up a website for Michigan voters at www.supportramseytruth.com. We encourage everyone to read and judge for him or herself if John Ramsey has manipulated the truth.

Public trust should be reserved for men and women of integrity. To the citizens of Michigan: seek representation from the candidate with clean hands, a man whose values you can trust. We pray that such a man exists and that you elect him.

Sincerely,
    Tricia Griffith
    Park City UT
    And the close to 400 members world wide at www.forumsforjustice.com

10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Excellent letter, Tricia. I hope it will be printed by every newspaper to which it is sent.

11. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Tricia, there were a couple of errors - I edited your post, haha, it's so cool being a mod. "7" came out, "to" was inserted in one place. I have permission to do this, gang, so don't think I just arrogantly decided to fix Tricia's letter.

12. Tez

Tez Member

Excellent! I am sure John and Patsy will love it! NOT!!

13. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Excellent

Just EXCELLENT

14. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I love it! Thanks, Tricia.

15. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Great letter Tricia,

Even if John wins the primary, he still has to win in November. I think the voters should know that this is a man who doesn't trust TAXPAYER FUNDED LAW ENFORCEMENT, EVEN OUR OWN FBI.

I also agree 100% with WY. The voters of Michigan have had enough time and knowledge to judge for themselves who John Ramsey is.

It is truly up to them and if he wins the election, they are the ones who will pay the consequences.

As much as I don't believe JR should be in public office, I truthfully have a difficult time supporting ANY politician who is such a Republican and conservative.

As a Democrat and a woman, I could not, in good faith, condone any candidate who disagrees with a woman's right to choose among other issues

On a lighter note, I am leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow morning and will be there during the Star Trek convention. There is a new exhibit in 4D called the BORG INVASION. Sorta like a family reunion :). I will try to take some pictures of all our cohorts in the Ramsey case and will send them all your love LOL

16. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Superb letter Tricia. Much better than my :2cents: that's for sure. :takeabow:

17. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Tricia,

Good letter! I hope the voters in Mich. are able to read through all the crapola that Ramsey has put out there. And I hope they see this your (our) letter. Even if we change only one mind it will be successful. He is a carpet bagger and a Johnny come lately. He has promised them the moon and will only do squat if elected.

18. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Terrific Letter

Let us know which papers print it.

Also, did you send a copy to all the opposing candidates?

19. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Fantastic Tricia!!! I hope they print it!

20. Tricia

Guys, I can take no thanks for the letter. It was basically Greenleaf's letter with a few little extras.

I am on the road. I am in Kinkos. This is my life.The road, Kinko's, Taco Bell. Now all I need is a pickup truck and I'll have a great country song :)

If someone could cut and paste the letter and send it to the candidates I would appreciate it. I didn't have time to do it before I left.

Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice