Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default What a Spin!

The fundraising appears to be paying off as internal polling reportedly had Ramsey up by 6 points going into the last week of the race.

Up 6% from what--1%??? Internal poll--worthless.

Whirling dervishes, those Yobs!

And to think I thought John said he'd 'create more jobs' not 'create more for Yob'.

Default Hah!

Good one, Show Me!

Default Oh, look!

"Ramsey took contributions from well wishers in 28 states and the District of Columbia, include JR (name, city and state redacted), who sent Ramsey her two cents, literally, two pennies."

I have a little different perspective on this, especially after reading some of Candy's posts at CS asking that people donate to Jeff Garfield, because he's the "hero" Steve Thomas was supposed to have been.

My only interest in Michigan politics is John Ramsey. Period. There is no way in he11 he should be elected to public office, IMO. However, I do not live in Michigan, and, unlike others from 27 different states, according to the spinmeisters of the Ramsey team, I have no interest in donating my NYS money to Michigan politics. I am not interesting in being a "hero" for Michigan politics, no more than Steve Thomas had one blasted thing to do with what is going on in Michigan, despite Candy's protestations that this is all his fault.

The fault lies directly with Michigan voters, of which I assume Candy is one. If they are so stupid and uninterested in knowing the truth about John and Patsy Ramsey and how they obstructed justice every step of the way in their daughter's murder, then they deserve whatever they get if they vote Ramsey into office. It would be like John Ramsey running for office in a district in WNY, where I live. I can't imagine people around here being so stupid as to vote for a man with so much baggage, but one thing I know - no one here would be begging Michigan voters to send money to help his opponents.

I hope this lying sack of crap doesn't get elected to office in Michigan, but since I don't have a voice there in the form of a vote, I won't be sending any money to anyone there. I wish Garfield all the luck in the world.

Tricia and other members of this forum have worked their behinds off trying to inform the voters of Michigan about Ramsey, only to be criticized openly for doing so by Candy, who complained that it was basically not the business of anyone outside of Michigan; yet, she has no qualms about asking for donations for Garfield from those people who have no business in Michigan politics.

Everything was there for the taking on the website Tricia set up - all any opposing candidate needed to do was to take the information on that website and use it to show how undependable Ramsey is. What more do that want? We've written letters to the editor and complained about the Ramsey crap on TV. What have the candidates done for themselves? The gloves should have come off long ago, the truth should have come out. That it hasn't is the direct fault of the people of Michigan.

I don't have much sympathy for whiners. FFJ has all but spoon-fed all the information Ramsey's opposition would need against him. It's like, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. What do we have to do, go to Michigan and do the work for them? I know it takes money, especially to fight against the impoverished (yeah, right) Ramseys, but the amount of money Ramsey has spent on his campaign, alone, should set off some red flags in the minds of Michigan voters. I doubt if anyone will question why people outside Michigan have been the main supporters of Ramsey's campaign. One thought is that these supporters are so glad he's in Michigan, they are going to help him stay there.

At any rate, I'm about fed up with the Ramseys and the way they have been allowed to bully their way through the past eight years. I'm fed up with all their lies and excuses, and I'm fed up with anyone who thinks what they have done can be overlooked.

From where I'm sitting, if Michigan voters vote in a suspect in the murder of his own daughter (and, yes, he is STILL a suspect in the minds of many Americans), then they are every bit as stupid as the morons in Boulder who continue this farce of an "investigation" that isn't.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Quote Originally Posted by Watching You
    I have a little different perspective on this, especially after reading some of Candy's posts at CS asking that people donate to Jeff Garfield, because he's the "hero" Steve Thomas was supposed to have been.

From where I'm sitting, if Michigan voters vote in a suspect in the murder of his own daughter (and, yes, he is STILL a suspect in the minds of many Americans), then they are every bit as stupid as the morons in Boulder who continue this farce of an "investigation" that isn't.
    Gee, WY, had I read your post before posting mine on another thread, I may have seen it as unnecessary. On the other hand, I think it's a pretty good tandem.

Where? What did I miss? Guess I'd better go looking, EW.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Quote Originally Posted by Watching You
    Where? What did I miss? Guess I'd better go looking, EW.
    It's on the Cry Foul thread.

Found it, EW. It's like I used to say to my kids - I teach you right from wrong, I teach you good from evil. If you choose wrong or evil, it's not because you don't know any better, and there will be no excuses good enough for me. Proceed with that thought in mind, because you will live with the consequences of your actions.

This is exactly how I feel about Michigan. The information is out there, should they choose to do the research. If they don't, then they will have to deal with the consequences of electing a man who is still a suspect in the murder and cover up of same of his daughter. If they elect him, I will think they are all crazier than loons.

---Kahlil Gibran---

"I doubt if anyone will question why people outside Michigan have been the main supporters of Ramsey's campaign. One thought is that these supporters are so glad he's in Michigan, they are going to help him stay there."

I don't know if they will question it or not, and I am not looking for Ramsey to win.

I had the same thought. :-) Morevoer it shows that this family is not the "most hated couple" in history, as Mr. Wood would like to have everyone believe.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Angry Splitting the Vote!!!

John Ramsey locked in four-way battle for House seat

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

BY SHAWN WINDSOR
    FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

John Ramsey, father of slain beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey, is locked in a tight race with three other Republicans in next Tuesday's primary for the 105th Michigan House District in northern Michigan, according a poll released today.

Ramsey, who now lives in Charlevoix, trails Kevin Elsenheimer, an Antrim County attorney, who leads with 20 percent. Ramsey has 18 percent, Gaylord builder Jeff Garfield has 17 percent, and legislative aide Craig Ryan, 16 percent, according to the poll by Lansing-based EPIC/MRA. All are within the poll's 5 percentage point margin of error.

The district is overwhelmingly Republican and the GOP primary winner is virtually assured of winning in the November general race.

Ed Sarpolus, who conducted the poll, said the anti-Ramsey vote is so divided between the other candidates that Ramsey has a chance to win.

He's in a strong second position,'' Sarpoulus said. He's done very well to make himself competitive.''

Ramsey polled best with older voters. His daughter was killed in the family's Colorado home in December 1996. The murder remains unsolved.

http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews...2_20040728.htm

I wouldn't care if Mickey Mouse were the only candidate running against Ramsey. I'd vote for Mickey.

---Kahlil Gibran---