Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 31
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up
    Posts
    5,176

    Default

    Guys, I am beside myself.

    WY posted this thought as well but we have laid it all out for them. Problem is the media won't pick up on it.

    I don't blame the candidates really for not wanting to dive into this swamp of a case.

    I do blame the "Watchdog" media for not checking this stuff out.

    I have sent press release after press release and nothing. Well almost nothing. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

    Feel free to send www.supportramseyTRUTH.com to all the newspapers and other media outlets. I've tried. I don't know what else to do.

    Tricia
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT
    84098




    I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

  2. #14

    Default

    Email to Dani Newsum, Denver Post
    Re: Article, July 29, 2004, “John Ramsey's family values”

    Dear Dani,

    It is rare that I see such a short article proposing to go so
    many directions at the same time. Evidently, your computer is not
    logic sensitive or else would have collapsed under the strain.

    “John Ramsey is running for the state legislature in Michigan – a
    fact I’m not much interested in. The man is entitled to get on
    with his life....”(Denver Post, “John Ramsey’s family values”,
    07\29\04)

    Where have I heard this before? Oh, now I remember. It’s a
    Ramsey chant.

    “I never joined the “we-hate-the-Ramseys” bandwagon. I didn’t
    like them, but I just didn’t care. I don’t know who killed John
    Ramsey’s six-year old daughter JonBenet in December, 1996 – of
    course, neither did anyone else. But that didn’t stop half the
    country from obsessing about the case.”

    Your declared lack of interest, contradicted by the article
    itself, translates to other persons’ interest categorized as
    “obsessing.” The negative connotation of this is emphasized by:

    “I ended up telling anyone who was listening that their fixation
    on the case was bizarre, that if the little girl hadn’t been
    blonde and made up like a Vegas fan dancer, no one would care.”
    (ibid)

    I hope that someday you will write an article explaining the
    amazing talent enabling you to determine the values and
    motivation for each individual who shows interest in the case.

    “I was a talk show host on Denver’s KHOW radio at the time. The
    station made big ratings and big bucks off the murder of that
    little girl. I had nothing to say about the murder – but plenty
    about the way her parents dressed her up like a Vegas showgirl
    and put her in those twisted Little Miss beauty pageants.” (ibid)

    Let me get this straight. You don’t know and don’t care about how
    JonBenet died, or if her parents are involved and hiding the
    truth. You think that anyone who does care and wants to know is
    “obsessed” with the case; that it’s “bizarre. You’re saying
    forget all about her death, its cause and party or parties
    responsible. Your only concern is how JonBenet was dressed for
    the pageants. So, “The man is entitled to get on with his life.”
    Have I missed something here? I have to ask because it seems so
    “bizarre” that priority concern is dress rather than death.

    As one of the “obsessed”, (beginning March 2000) I find this
    attitude downright chilling. BTW, yes, I am obsessed. I am
    obsessed with finding the truth in all situations. It’s a
    lifetime affliction I have to live with, but I manage.

    “Talk show host Peter Boyles, a man I like and still work with on
    KBDI-TV, led the charge. Discussing the facts of the case – both
    real and imagined – became a national pastime. The suspect most
    people pointed their titillated fingers at was JonBonet’s mom.
    Trashing the Ramseys, the Boulder police department and Boulder
    in general was the game du jour.”

    It all made me sick.” (ibid)

    To be honest, your article really doesn’t do much to settle my
    stomach either.

    “Trashing the Ramseys, the Boulder police department and Boulder
    in general was the game du jour.”

    Is identifying evidence linked to the Ramseys what you call
    “trashing?” If someone points out lies told by Ramseys, is that
    “trashing” as well? How about the obvious blunders and\or
    dishonesty by certain members of the BPD and\or DA, Mary Keenan,
    is mentioning these truths identified as “trashing?” Doesn’t
    “trashing” strike you as fact-evading rhetoric originating from
    and common to the Ramsey camp?

    “Everything there was to say about the December murder and the
    beauty pageant stuff had all been said by January.” (ibid)

    That’s quite a pronouncement. Was the case officially solved? Oh,
    I see, just let it go and let the Ramseys get on with their
    lives.

    “Everything there was to say”? Would you care to look at my
    online stuff along with the extensive work of many others since
    “January” and point out exactly what had all been said before?

    “But a year later JonBenet was still KHOW’s cash cow. I admit it.
    I tried to talk about the case a couple of times to save my job,
    but the results were disastrous.”

    Did it occur to you that since you had the “public ear” and
    required to talk about the case anyway, why not dig out the facts
    and talk about said facts? Excuse me, I forgot, “The man is
    entitled to get on with his life” no matter what the facts are.
    Right?

    “How about the little black, brown and red girls who were abused
    and killed? Their murders didn’t turn into an American parlor
    game. Their unsolved murders didn’t end up on CNN. No one gave a
    damn. My program director told me no one wanted to listen that
    stuff.”

    Get real, Lucille! There is nothing racial about the scene. You
    look straight at money\status favoritism openly displayed in the
    Ramsey case, but don’t dare say a word about it. Indeed, had it
    been the poor parents of “black, brown and red girls”, or any
    color, in a trailer park, but the same general evidentiary
    situation, the parents would have been in handcuffs before
    sundown on the first day and millions would not have been spent
    chasing a phantom intruder manufactured for no other reason than
    “status.” No, you didn’t say anything about this. Your concern,
    and apparently only concern, was how JonBenet was dressed for the
    pageants. Unreal!

    “So I quit. In August, 1997, almost a year after JonBenet
    Ramsey’s murder, I resigned rather than try to make a living
    picking her bones.”

    I hope you will excuse me if I’m not impressed by your “moral
    righteousness.”

    “I’m sure I would have been fired anyway. I wasn’t a team
    player.” (ibid)

    Oh, but you are. You are the dream team player of the RST - not
    interested in facts, just “The man is entitled to get on with his
    life” no matter what the facts are. The Ramseys couldn’t have
    scripted your article better. They wouldn’t care much about what
    makes you sick as long as you ignore and tell others to ignore
    truth and let them get on with their lives.

    “My resignation made the media columns in the Post and the Rocky
    Mountain News – and someone told me it was mentioned on MSNBC.
    Just another (very minor) link in the JonBenet feeding chain.”
    The man is entitled to get on with his life....” (Ibid)

    You mean like your article link which is part of the feeding
    chain even while you denounce that in which you voluntarily
    participate. The difference between your article and most of us
    who are “obsessed” with finding the truth is that we spend time
    and money in this effort. We don’t get paid for writing a
    self-contradictory “I-don’t-care” evasion of the issue while
    pretending to address it.

    There is no doubt many in the media who played the case to the
    bottom line. They also aided and abetted by “not interested”
    about truth and let lies slide by without any questioning much
    like your article.

    “But that was then. Now John Ramsey is running for a seat in the
    Michigan state House - and he’s got competition in Michigan’s
    Republican primary. His website has a JonBenet page (“Family
    Tragedy”), which makes sense since her murder is the reason half
    the world knows his name.”(ibid)

    I presume this makes you happy since “The man is entitled to get
    on with his life....”

    “What doesn’t make sense (or shouldn’t make sense) is Ramsey
    using his daughter’s murder to pump his own candidacy, telling
    voters and the media that JonBenet’s death has given him a
    platform.” (ibid)

    You just don’t get it at all do you? Of course not; not
    interested. Why did the Ramseys go on CNN six days after the
    death of JonBenet? Why are they “obsessed” with gaining “public
    approval” for their existence. If and when you ever figure this
    out, then you will understand John’s “political ambitions.”

    “That just beats all. I take a career powder on principle – it’s
    just wrong to profit off the murder of a little 6-year old girl –
    but her dad, and at least a few others see VOTES and BUCKS in
    them thar headlines.” (ibid)

    Am I reading you right? You are not being paid for the article in
    focus? Don’t misunderstand, I see nothing wrong with a reporter,
    editor, author, etc., being paid for his\her work. It’s just that
    is seems that you are dead set against making a dime from the
    tragedy, yet write an article about it for which I presume you
    are paid. If so, this is a bit hypocritical, isn’t it?

    “Still makes me sick.” (ibid)

    We’re back to your article again.

    “I don’t know who killed John Ramsey’s six-year old daughter
    JonBenet in December, 1996 – of course, neither did anyone else.”
    (ibid)

    Dani, you have an amazing talent; imaginary, but amazing no less.
    From a position of “not interested”, you presume to know and
    evaluate the interest of others and all motivations for said
    interest. To top it off, apparently you assume that if you don’t
    know the answer, it’s not possible that anyone else could know.

    In case you haven’t noticed, there is a fundamental natural law
    of cause and effect. This means one does not have to witness an
    event to know that a given event took place. For instance, if I
    sleep soundly through the night, go out in the morning under a
    clear sky, but see trees and grass wet with water running down
    the street, I know it has been raining. I may not know exactly
    when, how much or from what direction, but I have no evidentiary
    doubt that the event calling raining did happen.

    Utilizing the same natural law, I look at the evidence tied to
    the death of JonBenet and come to the conclusion that the crime
    scene was a staged crime scene. I may not know exactly which
    Ramsey did what (excluding Burke), but I do KNOW there was no
    intruder.

    Of course, since you’re “not interested” in the facts of the
    case, you will ignore rather than challenge my claim lest the
    facts brought out disturb your “moral high ground” position
    dependent upon not knowing. Also, in case you haven’t noticed,
    you admit writing the article from a position of voluntary
    ignorance; which pretty much explains content.

    You imagine your position to be far removed from “others” when in
    fact, and by fact, you side with the Ramsey camp by default just
    like LE and the media. A situation was allowed to develop from
    this default, a situation which you claim makes you sick even as
    you contribute to it by same default as the “others.”

    One more BTW, beyond this email, your “lack of interest” doesn’t
    interest me.

    Delmar England

  3. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Well done Delmar!!! I didn't have time to read this article through the first time. I'm glad I read it along with your response at the same time.
    I despise the Ramseys and this is just my opinion

  4. #16

    Default

    Tricia:

    “Guys, I am beside myself.

    WY posted this thought as well but we have laid it all out for
    them. Problem is the media won't pick up on it.”

    Odd isn’t it that the biggest story (truth) of the case is yet to
    be written, but none of the media want to touch it.

    “I have sent press release after press release and nothing. Well
    almost nothing. We'll keep our fingers crossed.”

    In addition to your many press releases (and efforts of others),
    I personally have made well over a hundred media contacts; some
    of them more that once and with the facts laid out in detail.
    This does not include LE and the governor of Colorado. There is
    no challenge, just evasion. The few responses have shown no real
    interest in the case.

    I recently received a response from a high profile tv personality
    who initially expressed interest. (She has interviewed the
    Ramseys) I sent her definitive information, but have not heard
    anything since. It hasn’t been all that long and I'm still hoping I
    will hear from her again, but doubt it. I have a snail mail in
    the works to the editor of a large tabloid, but doubt that I will
    get any response from him either.

    “I've tried. I don't know what else to do.”

    Ditto.

  5. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    EasyWriter wrote:

    In addition to your many press releases (and efforts of others),
    I personally have made well over a hundred media contacts; some
    of them more that once and with the facts laid out in detail.
    This does not include LE and the governor of Colorado. There is
    no challenge, just evasion. The few responses have shown no real
    interest in the case.


    For sure, you have tried very hard, Delmar! So has everyone else here. It all falls on deaf ears.

    I recently received a response from a high profile tv personality
    who initially expressed interest. (She has interviewed the
    Ramseys) I sent her definitive information, but have not heard
    anything since. It hasn’t been all that long and I'm still hoping I
    will hear from her again, but doubt it. I have a snail mail in
    the works to the editor of a large tabloid, but doubt that I will
    get any response from him either.

    Hopefully this lady will get back to you! Wishing you all the best with this!





    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  6. #18

    Default

    Elle I was quoting the article, not my words, though I agree with her on that part. I will go back and edit my original post as it is confusing.

    Delmar....you should write a book. I'd buy it! See you are guarenteed at least one copy sold. Well said.

  7. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Show Me

    Delmar....you should write a book. I'd buy it! See you are guarenteed at least one copy sold. Well said.
    Thank you. It's already written; just a matter of putting the pieces together.

    Do you think it would get me sued so we can finally get the truth on record?

    Speaking of the record, here's bit of an extended record of evasion by the RST.

    Most of you already know the score, but thought you might find a
    brief first hand look of some value.

    Recently, in response to an article with the usual RST spin and
    outright lies, I sent an email to the author who also happened to
    be the editor of the Michigan newspaper. In addition to pointing
    out the misconceptions and lies, I added some detail with which
    you are all familiar, so, no need to repeat here. Looking at the
    response will tell you all you need to know.

    “Thanks for your comments Delmar. Do you have a professional
    interest in the case? Are you a detective, reporter or author?
    And by the way, I would imagine that most people who are garroted
    get the treatment by "bungling amateurs." -- bob” (Email
    response from said editor)

    Of course, there was no challenge, just the usual evasion
    culminating in the evasive absurdity “I would imagine that most
    people who are garroted get the treatment by "bungling amateurs."

    I requested that he inform the Ramseys, Smit and Wood of this
    since they appear to have a different viewpoint as their basis
    for the claim of intruder.

    The point is, this editor, like many others in Michigan media and
    elsewhere make it clear they are not interested in the truth.
    Personally, if I were this gutless and fearful of the truth, I
    would be hard put to find anything making life worthwhile.
    Nevertheless, this attitude is what we’re up against. So, let the
    fools have the likes of Ramsey. Sooner or later, it will come
    back to bite. I just hope I live long enough to say, “We told you
    so.”

  8. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Show Me
    Elle I was quoting the article, not my words, though I agree with her on that part. I will go back and edit my original post as it is confusing.

    Delmar....you should write a book. I'd buy it! See you are guarenteed at least one copy sold. Well said.
    No need to, SM, the fault was mine? You actually have written above it..."from the article" ...which I probably overlooked. Sorry! I'll just blame it on being an old Senior! At least I'm not sitting in a Mall watching the shoppers.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

  9. #21

    Default

    LMAO Elle I just now edited it. You read it correctly the first time, the fault was mine.

  10. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up
    Posts
    5,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyWriter
    Tricia:

    “Guys, I am beside myself.

    WY posted this thought as well but we have laid it all out for
    them. Problem is the media won't pick up on it.”

    Odd isn’t it that the biggest story (truth) of the case is yet to
    be written, but none of the media want to touch it.

    “I have sent press release after press release and nothing. Well
    almost nothing. We'll keep our fingers crossed.”

    In addition to your many press releases (and efforts of others),
    I personally have made well over a hundred media contacts; some
    of them more that once and with the facts laid out in detail.
    This does not include LE and the governor of Colorado. There is
    no challenge, just evasion. The few responses have shown no real
    interest in the case.

    I recently received a response from a high profile tv personality
    who initially expressed interest. (She has interviewed the
    Ramseys) I sent her definitive information, but have not heard
    anything since. It hasn’t been all that long and I'm still hoping I
    will hear from her again, but doubt it. I have a snail mail in
    the works to the editor of a large tabloid, but doubt that I will
    get any response from him either.

    “I've tried. I don't know what else to do.”

    Ditto.
    EasyWriter, I don't tell you enough, THANK YOU. I know you have put in a large amount of personal time to get the truth out. We all truly appreciate you and are thrilled you are here at FFJ.

    Tricia
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT
    84098




    I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

  11. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyWriter
    Thank you. It's already written; just a matter of putting the pieces together.

    Do you think it would get me sued so we can finally get the truth on record?
    Oh, I hope so! Dare we even dream? I'd be honored to make the first donation to your "lawsuit" fund.

    Ha. I'd love to see the Ramseys sue just one person who took them all the way through deposition and trial. Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever happen. They'd drop the lawsuit before taking it that far.



    IMO

  12. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee
    Oh, I hope so! Dare we even dream? I'd be honored to make the first donation to your "lawsuit" fund.

    Ha. I'd love to see the Ramseys sue just one person who took them all the way through deposition and trial. Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever happen. They'd drop the lawsuit before taking it that far.



    IMO
    Me too Cherokee!

    Easywriter...I 'spects the Ramseys will ignore you as they had Wecht's TWO books and Hodges TWO books.



Similar Threads

  1. "ONLY ONE VICTIM IN THIS CASE" by David Harsanyi -Denver Post, July 7, 2008
    By Moab in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: July 16, 2008, 9:48 am, Wed Jul 16 9:48:09 UTC 2008
  2. Denver Post, July 11, 2008 - "Anger won't clear Ramseys"
    By Little in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: July 13, 2008, 10:58 pm, Sun Jul 13 22:58:05 UTC 2008
  3. Post on Denver/Boulder Craigslist
    By Gsquared in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: August 22, 2006, 9:40 am, Tue Aug 22 9:40:24 UTC 2006
  4. Denver Post: 8/1/04... Bolder State of Mind
    By Show Me in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: September 26, 2004, 8:57 am, Sun Sep 26 8:57:25 UTC 2004
  5. More Press- Denver Post
    By Sabrina in forum Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 4, 2004, 12:52 am, Tue May 4 0:52:13 UTC 2004

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •