Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Detroit News: 8/1/04

http://www.detnews.com/2004/editoria...a13-228313.htm
    -----------------------
    (Yet again, another good quote.)

He wrote in “The Death of Innocence” that he would rather have a gun pointed at him than another camera. He had canceled newspaper subscriptions and gotten rid of his TV.

After seeing the very worst that the media had to offer, Ramsey invited them — along with the groupies and the gawkers — back into his life to renew their scrutiny and speculation.

Why?

A quest for redemption?

--------------------

Thank you Show Me - this is a good article and it even has pictures Is Patsy telling that guy he's going down the wrong path?

From the article

"Three days after the primary, Ramsey will mark another landmark. It’s JonBenet’s birthday. She would have been 14. :cat:

"For Ramsey, alleviating his and his wife’s image as the murderers of their daughter is a much more pressing concern than the needs of a lightly populated legislative district in the deep Michigan woods.

Ramsey scoffs at such talk.

He said some people will always believe he or his wife were involved in the murder and that there’s little they could do about it. He said he doesn’t need to sway public opinion because the investigation shows that they weren’t involved.

“Facts are facts,” he said. “People have the ability to discern between what’s true and not.”

Default Lizzie Borden

Sometimes around 1892, Lizzie Borden killed her father and stepmother. Although she was found "not guilty" by the court, she spent the rest of her life trying to
    set herself up as a respected member of the community.
    Nothing worked; Not the lavish house or the lavish life style. Even her sister, who had been so devoted to her throughout the trial, came to despise her.

As the years went by, and people had more opportunity to study the evidence in the case, they became more convienced of her guilt.

In a way, Patsy reminds me of Lizzie Borden.

GL

Thumbs down OH, Gawd!

Who were the two jameson clones from Kenosha?

Lurker....a couple of 'groupies or 'gawkers'?

Wink

“We don’t always believe the media,” Eleanor Stackus said after Ramsey had visited her home during a canvassing of their Boyne City neighborhood. “(Ramsey’s comments are) not worth repeating.”

Guess JR didn't make much of an impression if his comments aren't worth repeating.

Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Ahhhh JR...I love the pic of Patsy. She looks like she's imitating a chicken.

Speaking of the pic,

Does anyone here know if newspapers and magazines would obscure the identity of people who don't request it or does this have to be specifically requested?

In the pic below there are four people, John, Patsy and two men walking behind them; one of them appears to be Don Paugh but it's impossible to tell for sure. I'm just judging by his white hair and the blue Ramsey t-shirt he wears.

The other man is in full view and appears to be either speaking into something in his hand or he's obscuring the lower portion of his face with it, upon closer inspection (Enlarging the pic to double or more of the size and then adjusting the brightness and contrast) reveals a blue bar covering his eyes, similar to the black bars used on TV to 'obscure' a person's identity only this appears to be translucent blue and only affecting that area of the photo.

*Note, adjusting the contrast and brightness should not affect the photo in any way other than a slight change of color.

I've had one person say this looks like sunglasses but I still see just a blue bar, does anyone see this or sunglasses (try saving it and changing the size and contrast/brightness) I thought it was interesting that this man was so concerned with his identity being associated with John and Patsy, or revealed at all....

JIC, I wouldn't know what Don Paugh looks like. I've never seen a photograph of him, but I did save and enlarge this photo, and there does seem to be a blockage of the man's face behind Patsy. I see more of a blue oval shape, which is almost the width of the top part of Patsy's hat. Difficult to tell if the other fellow is just putting his hand to his mouth (?).
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinCase
    I've had one person say this looks like sunglasses but I still see just a blue bar, does anyone see this or sunglasses (try saving it and changing the size and contrast/brightness) I thought it was interesting that this man was so concerned with his identity being associated with John and Patsy, or revealed at all....
    I can zoom in on this picture with a fair degree of quality, and I find that the man's eyes are shadowed by nothing more than the bill of his hat. If you look at the street, you can see it was not a particularly sunny day, but what light there was was being cast pretty much straight down. So the man's hat visor, being not very large, shaded his eyes but not the rest of his face. Patsy's hat does the same thing, but her shadow is lighter and you can see her eyes through it because she is closer to the camera.

Yes, this is the fellow with the hat WN, but not the other one walking behind Patsy, with white hair. He does have a blue oval shadow in front of his face. Not caused by Patsy's hat or anything like that.

I took it to be the fellow with the white hair JIC was talking about (?). The blue oval shape is behind Patsy's hat. Can you see that?
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.