Detroit News: 8/1/04

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Show Me, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

http://www.detnews.com/2004/editorial/0408/01/a13-228313.htm
    -----------------------
    (Yet again, another good quote.)

He wrote in “The Death of Innocence†that he would rather have a gun pointed at him than another camera. He had canceled newspaper subscriptions and gotten rid of his TV.

After seeing the very worst that the media had to offer, Ramsey invited them — along with the groupies and the gawkers — back into his life to renew their scrutiny and speculation.

Why?

A quest for redemption?

--------------------

2. Little

Little Member

Thank you Show Me - this is a good article and it even has pictures :) Is Patsy telling that guy he's going down the wrong path?

3. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

From the article

"Three days after the primary, Ramsey will mark another landmark. It’s JonBenet’s birthday. She would have been 14. :cat:

"For Ramsey, alleviating his and his wife’s image as the murderers of their daughter is a much more pressing concern than the needs of a lightly populated legislative district in the deep Michigan woods.

Ramsey scoffs at such talk.

He said some people will always believe he or his wife were involved in the murder and that there’s little they could do about it. He said he doesn’t need to sway public opinion because the investigation shows that they weren’t involved.

“Facts are facts,†he said. “People have the ability to discern between what’s tru and not.â€

4. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Lizzie Borden

Sometimes around 1892, Lizzie Borden killed her father and stepmother. Although she was found "not guilty" by the court, she spent the rest of her life trying to
    set herself up as a respected member of the community.
    Nothing worked; Not the lavish house or the lavish life style. Even her sister, who had been so devoted to her throughout the trial, came to despise her.

As the years went by, and people had more opportunity to study the evidence in the case, they became more convienced of her guilt.

In a way, Patsy reminds me of Lizzie Borden.

GL

5. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

OH, Gawd!

Who were the two jameson clones from Kenosha?

6. Show Me

Lurker....a couple of 'groupies or 'gawkers'?

7. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

“We don’t always believe the media,†Eleanor Stackus said after Ramsey had visited her home during a canvassing of their Boyne City neighborhood. “(Ramsey’s comments are) not worth repeating.â€

Guess JR didn't make much of an impression if his comments aren't worth repeating.

http://www.detnews.com/2004/editorial/0408/01/a13-228313.htm

8. Show Me

Ahhhh JR...I love the pic of Patsy. She looks like she's imitating a chicken.

9. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Speaking of the pic,

Does anyone here know if newspapers and magazines would obscure the identity of people who don't request it or does this have to be specifically requested?

In the pic below there are four people, John, Patsy and two men walking behind them; one of them appears to be Don Paugh but it's impossible to tell for sure. I'm just judging by his white hair and the blue Ramsey t-shirt he wears.

The other man is in full view and appears to be either speaking into something in his hand or he's obscuring the lower portion of his face with it, upon closer inspection (Enlarging the pic to double or more of the size and then adjusting the brightness and contrast) reveals a blue bar covering his eyes, similar to the black bars used on TV to 'obscure' a person's identity only this appears to be translucent blue and only affecting that area of the photo.

*Note, adjusting the contrast and brightness should not affect the photo in any way other than a slight change of color.

I've had one person say this looks like sunglasses but I still see just a blue bar, does anyone see this or sunglasses (try saving it and changing the size and contrast/brightness) I thought it was interesting that this man was so concerned with his identity being associated with John and Patsy, or revealed at all....
    http://www.detnews.com/2004/editorial/0408/01/a13-228313.htm[​IMG]

10. Elle

Elle Member

JIC, I wouldn't know what Don Paugh looks like. I've never seen a photograph of him, but I did save and enlarge this photo, and there does seem to be a blockage of the man's face behind Patsy. I see more of a blue oval shape, which is almost the width of the top part of Patsy's hat. Difficult to tell if the other fellow is just putting his hand to his mouth (?).

11. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

I can zoom in on this picture with a fair degree of quality, and I find that the man's eyes are shadowed by nothing more than the bill of his hat. If you look at the street, you can see it was not a particularly sunny day, but what light there was was being cast pretty much straight down. So the man's hat visor, being not very large, shaded his eyes but not the rest of his face. Patsy's hat does the same thing, but her shadow is lighter and you can see her eyes through it because she is closer to the camera.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, this is the fellow with the hat WN, but not the other one walking behind Patsy, with white hair. He does have a blue oval shadow in front of his face. Not caused by Patsy's hat or anything like that.

I took it to be the fellow with the white hair JIC was talking about (?). The blue oval shape is behind Patsy's hat. Can you see that?

13. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

How peculiar. I have taken the liberty of enlarging the area in question, and yes, a look at the circumstances of the picture do not seem to account for why that area of color is there or what it is meant to be, other than some sort of censoring. Patsy has worn that same hat at other campaign appearances, so we know that there are no ribbons or bows on the back.

[​IMG]

14. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

WhyNut, Thanks for posting this!

What the heck is that on his eyes??

Elle,

I didn't see the blue oval shape covering (what appears to be) Don Paugh's face until you pointed it out, I wonder if this is just part of Patsy's hat or if it's an attempt to hide his face too; and why (if this is the case) would they not want their identities associated with John and Patsy in the media?? Hmmm I wonder.

15. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

RE: the pic
    The area obscuring the man with white hair's face actually looks like another person, just a little shorter than Patsy and he appears to be wearing a navy blue baseball cap and a multicolored long sleeved shirt that includes maroon; I wonder if it's Burke??

The other man is actually who I was talking about, he's got a blue bar obscuring his eye area only; the other portion of his face is being covered with his hands; he's walking justbehind the man that looks like Don Paugh.

Elle, the link below includes a Ramsey/Paugh family photo, you can see Don Paugh in it, he's a dead ringer for the guy in the pic anyhow.
    http://www.acandyrose.com/page57.gif

Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  16. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

From the article:

Ramsey also attracts the curious, the sad, the damaged, the obsessed. These people, who live all over the United States, are pulled toward the candidate by his celebrity or his presumed guilt or innocence.

Among those watching the Norville taping was Katie Cicero, 46, of Kenosha, Wis.

She and her sister, Jill Corrao, 48, drove 12 hours just so they could meet Patsy. Cicero had tried to meet her before but trips to Colorado and Georgia had been unsuccessful.

“This is the best day of my life,†she said after meeting and hugging Patsy. “Even better than my wedding day.â€

Cicero, who described herself as a painter, said she wanted to meet Patsy because they were both kindred spirits: mothers.

“I needed to see her smiling and happy,†she said.

I wonder how Katie Cicero feels about the fact her name followed this quote:

Ramsey also attracts the curious, the sad, the damaged, the obsessed.

17. Little

Little Member

If you look at the bottom of the picture there is either an extra leg or the guy behind her is wearing two pants at one time and two different shoes. I do think it's another person behind Patsy.

Good question Tricia:

18. Show Me

From the article:

“This is the best day of my life,†she said after meeting and hugging Patsy. “Even better than my wedding day.â€
    ------------

I take it this woman is divorced.

19. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

yeah whatever

"Sad and damaged?" At least I didn't kill any kids. I find it even "sadder" that journalists are kissing Ramsey :(:(:( because the're afraid of getting sued by these prime murder suspects. Pussies.

20. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

uhhh

Why does this woman have to drive 12 hrs to meet another mother? Or does she mean she's a "kindred spirit" with a woman who had a dead kid in her locked home with a staged crime scene and phony ransom note?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice