The DA's Ramsey Investigation - what's the hold up?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I have a couple of sincere questions.

It is going on two years since Mary Keenan took the JBR case away from the BPD, and there has been intense secrecy surrounding the "new investigation," ever since. Mary Keenan is accountable to no one, apparently.

The new "investigators" (I hate calling them that, especially since Lou Smit is a Ramsey plant and advocate) had the benefit of thousands of pages of reports the BPD did in its investigation. The only peeps we've heard in nearly two years are the reruns of Smit crocks and the irresponsible Tracey crock.

My questions are,

1. How long is long enough for this farce of an investigation to continue?

2. Why aren't the Ramseys asking about the status of the investigation?

The second question bothers me as much as the first. When Keenan first flexed her DAish muscles and arbitrarily took the case away from the BPD in the face of Lin Wood's threats to sue the City of Boulder, the Ramseys were all aglow with praise and self-congratulations. But, time passes, and time is creeping up on Keenan and the Ramseys.

It shouldn't matter who has the investigation - the Ramseys' first and foremost goal, always, for the rest of their lives, should be to bring their daughter's killer to justice. Right? That would be my goal. There would be no place for anyone who killed one of my daughters to hide. It would be my driving force for the rest of my life to be sure investigators weren't putting her case on the back shelf.

Yet, that's exactly what has happened here, and the Ramseys are siilent. There has been more than enough time for the "new investigators," to go over everything; yet, all we hear is silence.

Could it be because there has been no money allocated for the new investigation and it is, in fact, a farce perpetrated on the public to pacify Lin Wood and the public?

For that matter, why isn't Lin Wood publically asking for status reports on the investigation? How long are they going to wait - five years? Ten?

I think what it is is total BS, as it always has been.

2. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Answer to question number one is too long already.

Answer to question number two is because they know exactly what the status of the investigation is.

I wouldn't dream of spending $60,000 on a bit for a political career, but would instead make sure money was available to find the murderer of my daughter. I would be inside the police station day after day demanding to know the progress, I would talk to investigators for as long as it was needed to clear up certain matters.

3. Watching You

You're right, Sylvia. The Ramseys do know exactly what the status of the investigation is. It's called limbo, and that is the way they want it to stay. No waves - nobody asking questions...

4. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Bad luck for them then as we continue to answer the question they don't want to be asked! :D

5. Ginja

Ginja Member

Wy

Why don't you send your post to the RMN letters to the editor? Sounds to me this is an excellent question to be raising with Keenan's re-election imminent. I know it's great expectations, but Boulderites should be paying attention to who's running their government (and under what pretenses that government is being run).

6. Watching You

Maybe I'll do just that, Ginja. Thanks.

7. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Maybe this is the status of the investigation:

"My honest answer on this is I do not know if it’s solvable," says Tom Bennett, the lead investigator on the Ramsey case for the DA’s office. "I’m only one guy. I’ve been here six months. I have a lot of stuff I have to look through."

http://www.longmontfyi.com/ramsey/storyDetail03.asp?ID=38

8. Elle

Elle Member

I second this, Ginja! Great questions WY!

9. Elle

Elle Member

Moab, one man isn't enough. We need a brand new team.

Deja, Could the F.B.I. step in and take the JonBenét case away from D.A. Keenan?

I would love to see the higher courts step in and take strong action like this. Is it possible?

10. DocG

DocG Banned

Good thread WY

And lest we forget: the killer of JonBenet is supposed to be someone with a grudge against John Ramsey. This person could be planning to invade the Ramsey home again at any time to attack any or all of them. Moreover, John's bid for public office would certainly have been a red flag to someone who hated him so viciously as to murder his daughter.

Yet there's been NO sign of urgency on his part, in all these years, to identify this person and get him behind bars. I guess John feels the "intruder's" preferred m. o. is to go after members of his family rather than him. So maybe he feels he has nothing to fear.

11. Watching You

You're right, DocG. This intruder, who had such an intense hatred of John Ramsey that he killed Ramsey's innocent six year old daughter, may have had a temporary easing of the rage inside him, but that rage would have begun building again - especially when the intruder, jealous of Ramsey's wealth and bent on bringing Ramsey to his knees - saw that Ramsey was once again using that wealth to stay out of jail, especially after the intruder went to all that work to frame the Rams. Why, the intruder may have followed the Ramseys all the way to Georgia, just to ease his rage by giving Ramsey a couple of love taps and tying him in his own bathroom.

Maybe we're wrong, though, Doc. Maybe Ramsey had a quadron consisting of members of the Russian Army protecting him and his family during the campaign. I mean, how easy would it have been for the intruder to pick off another of Ramsey's family, because we all know that when we are angry at someone, we kill their loved ones to get even with them. Maybe it's a form of torture - make 'em suffer.

Ramsey has never exhibited any caution regarding the welfare of his family as far as hired protection goes, and he could well afford it. Maybe he just thinks thatchild is so yesterday, the intruder got over it. After all, it WAS a whole whopping eight years ago. Almost.

12. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

I other words, he doesn't care about what could happen anyone in his family (so to me is a sociopath) or knows who the murderer is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice