Former sheriff John Maspero arrested

Discussion in 'The Search for Rachel Cooke' started by "J_R", Aug 10, 2004.

1. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

06:00 PM CDT on Tuesday, August 10, 2004
    By Amanda Lawson / KVUE News

A former sheriff in Williamson County has been arrested.

John Maspero was charged with trespassing and assault/family violence.

According to a press release from the Georgetown Police Department, Deborah Maspero reported a criminal trespass at her home in Georgetown on Monday.

She reported that her ex-husband, John Maspero, had entered her home uninvited and that she was the victim of an assault.
    ...snip

He turned himself in just before noon Tuesday and remains in the Williamson County jail on $5,500 bail.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/081004kvueMaspero-eh.63e07665.html

Attached Files:

2. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

News reports tonight stated Maspero spit in his ex's face among other things so he was charged with "assault by unwanted contact."

Kind of goes along with the disrespect shown to women when he was seen drunk and barking like a dog at a strip club. What a jerk!

Georgetown Sheriff John Maspero in a heap 'o trouble

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-3749

3. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Back in jail today with 3 more charges

It seems that after Maspero was released from jail last night, he proceeded to get druck, and then go back over to his ex-wife's house. Now he has five charges against him.

Former sheriff Maspero back in custody
    11:27 AM CDT on Wednesday, August 11, 2004
    KVUE News

After posting bond Tuesday night, former Williamson County sheriff John Maspero is back in custody.

He now faces three additional charges, which include resisting arrest, violating a protective order and public intoxication.

Maspero surrendered to authorities Tuesday.

Court documents show Maspero entered his ex-wife's home, refused to leave and spit in her face.

He's charged with trespassing and family violence -- both are misdemeanor offenses.

Last year Maspero resigned as sheriff after a videotape showed him walking on the side of a road intoxicated.

4. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Aaaah--Schadenfreude--

It feels so good...when what goes around comes around for this ba$tard Maspero... I am taking great pleasure in his downfall.

I don't care if it's unChristian.

If this fraud and crook of a lawman had done his duty when Rachel was first reported missing, there may have been a chance of her being found.

It ain't purty when a former lawman goes to jail. Let the games begin.

5. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Former sheriff Maspero back in custody

02:27 PM CDT on Wednesday, August 11, 2004
    KVUE News

After posting bond Tuesday night, former Williamson County sheriff John Maspero is back in custody.

KVUE's Quita Culpepper reports

He now faces three additional charges, which include resisting arrest, violating a protective order and public intoxication.
    ...snip

Court documents show Maspero entered his ex-wife's home, refused to leave and spit in her face.
    ...snip

Maspero was released from custody Tuesday evening but was taken back into custody just after midnight Wednesday.

After police received a call about a protective order violation.

According to a press release from the Georgetown Police Department, Maspero was taken into custody after resisting arrest.

Officers also observed that he was intoxicated.
    ...snip

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/081104kvueMaspero-eh.679670aa.html

Updated 08/11/04 - 6:25 pm
    Maspero Back In Jail

Former Williamson County Sheriff John Maspero is in jail again Wednesday night, less than 24 hours after getting out.
    ...snip

It was just last year when John Maspero was running the Williamson County Jail. Now, his former staff says he's just another inmate in trouble with the law.
    ...snip

The judge has set bond at $10,500 for the charges.

After Maspero posted bail around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, he must remain in jail for 24 hours. Any case that involves a family dispute requires that the suspect stay in jail for another 24 hours for a "cooling off period."

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=2162808&nav=0s3dPlzR

6. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Naughty boy Maspero got so out of hand that according to the news this evening, officers had to use pepper spray to subdue him. Wonder why he's harassing his ex anyway?

Guess none of his honeys will have anything to do with him now that he's no longer Sheriff. JMH&CPO

7. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Another article

Updated 08/11/04 - 10:55 pm Video Available
    Maspero Back In Jail

For the second time in less than 24 hours, former Williamson County Sheriff John Maspero is in jail.

He was arrested Tuesday for allegedly going into his ex-wife's house uninvited which resulted in a criminal trespass charge and later spitting in her face which resulted in an assault by contact charge.

He was back in jail before dawn for another alleged incident at his ex-wife's Georgetown residence. Maspero now faces three more misdemeanor charges.
    {snip}
    He backed up and allegedly came close to hitting an officer.

An arrest document says he did get out of the vehicle, but still refused to be peacefully arrested.

"And then he basically wanted to go back towards the house. And the officers were between him and the house, and he made aggressive movements and told them he was not going back to jail. So at that time officers used pepper spray in order to subdue him," Georgetown Police Assistant Chief Kevin Stofle said.

More on kxan.com

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

This is like watching one of those movies where the sheriff is corrupt, but in the end he gets it good.

I'm loving this. I always said, what goes around, comes around. Nobody escapes from that rule. If it takes 50 years or five years, karma will getcha.

I feel like saying, neener, neener, but I know that's childish.

Neener, neener.

9. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Sounds about right to me.

Neener, neener, neener.

10. RC

RC FFJ Senior Member

Former sheriff Maspero reacts to arrest

I sure hope he tries more than a little bit.

Former sheriff Maspero reacts to arrest
    06:44 PM CDT on Thursday, August 12, 2004
    By Kevin Peters / KVUE News

The former sheriff of Williamson County is back out of jail again, after being arrested twice in two days on charges of public intoxiation and violating a protective order.

The former sherriff says he's saddened by what happened and will take responsiblity for his actions.
    {snip}
    "You think you've hit bottom, but you may fall a bit further. I'm going to try my best to do a little better. I'm glad in one sense that I'm not sheriff anymore, because at least this time, it affects me," Maspero said.

He hasn't decided whether he will fight the charges.
    {snip}

11. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Former sheriff arrested, then again

By Kurt Johnson

John Maspero, the former Williamson County sheriff who resigned in December amid a boiling controversy, was arrested Tuesday and locked up in the jail he once ran for entering his ex-wife's house uninvited and assaulting her.
    ...snip

Wednesday morning, two sources said John Maspero was arrested again Tuesday night and booked into the Williamson County jail - which would make it his second incarceration on the same day. At press time, details about the second arrest couldn't be confirmed.

After Deborah Maspero completed written statements about the first incident on Monday, Williamson County Justice of the Peace Steve Benton of Precinct 3 issued warrants against John Maspero for criminal trespass, a Class A misdemeanor, and family violence assault, a Class C misdemeanor.
    ...snip

"This is a personal matter and I'd prefer to keep it that way," Maspero said while walking to his car after being released from jail the first time.

On Oct. 11 last year, while sheriff of Williamson County, Maspero was accused of being intoxicated in public and urinating while standing on the side of the road. On Nov. 14, county attorney Eugene Taylor filed suit against him to remove him from office.
    ...snip

Taylor would normally prosecute the two charges against Maspero, but his office said Tuesday afternoon that a special prosecutor was being considered in order to avoid accusations of partiality since Maspero is a former county official. (emphasis mine)

http://www.taylordailypress.net/articles/2004/08/11/news/news01.txt

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice