Open basement window??????

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Sylvia, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Do any of you believe for one minute that John Ramsey ever broke into the house via that basement window?

Or do you believe it was part of the staging?

I do not believe he ever entered the house via that way, I believe it was part of the staging.

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I'd like to hear Linda Pugh's take on that basement window, Sylvia. It seems she would know if it had been broken prior to that night or not.

No, I never believed Ramsey came in through that window, ever. I think it was part of the staging, absolutely.

There is a lot of fuzziness around that window.

3. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Imho...

JR was making up his story as he went along. Should he say that the window was broken by an intruder, and if so, would there be other evidence to back that up? Humm...Maybe not...he had to think quickly...he would just say that he had broken the window previously and let it go at that. I dont't believe that he thought the window would be such a big deal.

The same for the suitcase. It was under the window, no it wasn't...yes, maybe...oh, it shouldn't have been there...he would just throw out a big maybe..yes, maybe the intruder used the suitcase to step up to the window...will that wash...let's see..now that he thought about it, that suitcase was out of place. Yes, that's it...it was out of place. The Detectives could surmise whatever they could from that. ANYTHING to point clues away from him.

At the last minute, without thinking it through, he threw in one of his son's blankets...maybe his son had something to do with this...yes, that would tend to point away from JR.

I believe that all the clues on and around the body were planted by JR to throw the cops off track. He had to think quickly...He didn't have an exact, precise plan...no time for that...he would do this...do that...it was all so convoluted...no time for a plan...some clues overlapped others...tie her hands? Or not? tape on her mouth...oh, he forgot that...he would later pretend the tape was there...that was important to him...he had to be the one to find the body so he could pretend tape was there and he removed it... let's see, has he covered all the bases? He doesn't know, so he over-clued the crime scene...he had in mind that the cops would see the body and immediately determine that an intruder had molested and killed her. Yes, that's it...let's see, did he leave anything out? The garrot? The tied hands? The tape over the mouth? The intruder had to be determined to disable JB in every way. No wiggle room for error...or a getaway...he had to be in complete control. The cops would go for that. And, oh, yea, the body had to be clean...yes, very clean on the outside...no chance for any of his DNA or fingerprints on her. No, indeed...Maybe if he added a final touch...yes, he would throw a golf club in the back yard, and maybe leave a cigarette butt under the playhouse. Yes, that would all be signs of an intruder.

GL

4. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

WY, I believe Elle had found a quote in a book on Linda Pugh’s statement about the window and broken glass.

Greenie, yes also believe it was put together without much thinking. The whole thing was a charade! The ransom note, cord slipping right off, etc all prove that.

For me major point are, the garage opened with a garage opener (electronic device) and the door from the garage was almost always open. Leaving opportunity to drive the car in and even if the door between the garage and house was closed; you could still sleep in the car. Okay not comfortable but possible. Half the town had a key to the house, so why not go to someone who had a key, and then you would be able to get in. Isn’t that the point of leaving your spare keys at other peoples homes? Also aren’t there any hotels, motels etc in Boulder? Surely someone like Ramsey could have easily afforded to stay over in one for one night. Then there is also the fact that they “claimed†that on December 26th, 1996 at least 10 windows and one door was open, yet in the summer none were? Highly unlikely to me, okay lets face it I don’t believe in the at least 10 open windows and an open door! If looked out wouldn’t you find a more convenient place of entry to break in to your own home?

Then there are the absolute inconsistent statement about broken glass found, not found etc. The statement of Patsy Ramsey claiming up the basement room, getting rid off all glass, together with LPH, this while a LPH doesn’t have any recollection of a broken basement window. And not replacing the windowpane? Wouldn’t that be first priority?

Also can you see this arrogant CEO get out of his clothes to break in to his home? And what for, if there were so many other solutions?

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Well, I don't know about that, Sylvia. I always take my clothes off before I climb down a cement hole and kick a hole in a window, don't you? I thought everyone did.

I would never break a window to get into my house, especially not in my bare feet and bare body. All he had to do was call a locksmith or, as you say, go to a freaking motel for the night, or call one of the people to whom they gave keys - like, how about Linda Pugh? She had a key.

That story is so ludicrous, even Beavis and Butthead wouldn't go there.

6. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Yes, ofcouse I do. But aren't you forgetting something? :toast: I mean we're just beercan collectors :D

7. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

more opining....

We can opine ‘til the cows come home, but we will never be able to make sense of that which is senseless. There was no master plan.

When JonBenet was murdered, JR was the CEO of a billion dollar company, and he was used to having people accept his word, without question. I’ve been around men who held high positions in business, and I know the egomaniac persona most of them develop.

Most such men have conditioned themselves to having absolute control of everything and everybody around them. I think we tend to forget this about JR. Now, he appears as a wimp, trying hard to remember his lastest lie, although lately he has gotten his story down pretty pat. (He’s had plenty of time to rehearse it.)

He now knows most everything about the case, and he has formulated his story accordingly. How many million times do you think he has rehearsed all the details? He knows just where the weakest links are, and he injects his latest theory to fill in the gaps. It’s akin to forcing a round peg into a square hole.( His lawyer, Woody woodpecker, is busy chipping away at the pegs, in hopes of fitting them into the holes.)

And, of course, there is Smitty. There will always be Smitty. He and John Douglas are the Twiddle-Dee and Twiddle-Dum of the case. And, Hunter is…well, Hunter is laughing all the way to the bank.

GL

8. Elle

Elle Member

Gardener and housekeeper never noticed a broken window

Sylvia,

Both the gardener, Brian Scott and Linda Hoffman Pugh , housekeeper, did not recall seeing a broken window in the basement, and I think these two employees above anyone else would have noticed it, and yet, in the recent post I made on FFJ, Patsy Ramsey talks about having cleaned up a ton of glass and that she had asked LHP to help. I think LHP would have remembered that.

The previous housekeeper, Linda Wilcox talks about the basement window not being the best place to break in, plus I've always thought her interview with Peter Boyles was a good insight into the Ramsey's lives. She worked for them for two and a half years. Until September 1995.

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/07211998lindawilcoxon-pb.htm
    PETER BOYLES: Tell us about the window that keeps coming up

LINDA WILCOX: I'm not certain of this one, I'm maybe 40% sure of this because I wasn't in that room all that much. The grate. First of all, if you were going to break into the house that isn't where you would do it, you'd do it in the side door to the garage. If you move that grate and go down into that window, first of all, you're going down into a very dark room. ... ... .... ....

9. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

The window is irrelevent. As soon as some sane person expolains to me why you would not just take the kidnapped kid right out the window or through the front door, I will even bother thinking about that red herring. I've been to that house and ANYBODY could get in and right back out if they wanted to--but THEY DIDN'T. That is the key right there. They NEVER LEFT THE HOUSE.

Now why? It's not hard...

They wanted to keep the whole thing in-house.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Lighting in JonBenét's room (?)

Doesn't it make you wonder when you read about one needing to know about the lighting in JonBenét's room, or you would be stumbling around in the dark, and yet they have this invisible intruder knowing where he was going. Knew the room she was in!! (?). Amazing!

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/072119...wilcoxon-pb.htm

Linda Wilcox:

My initial reaction was, a stranger didn't kill that child.
    PETER BOYLES: Why did you think that?

LINDA WILCOX: Gut feeling more than anything. But even now, more than then, I would (something) on everything I have that a stranger did not kill JonBenet. The lay of the house doesn't...it would be very difficult. Possibly, there are people who are professional. But then they would have done a professional job. Lots of little things contribute to my belief. Someone who didn't know that house, really well, couldn't have done what they done (sic) without being noticed. It's not possible. It is physically impossible. You had to know little things. Like for example, you walk in the room and hit the switch, the light doesn't come on. See, cause when the room was redone, they put in a ceiling fan, one of the metal ones, without a light kit on it. The only light in her room was the lamp between the two beds. You have to physically walk over and turn it on. It isn't run by the switch. The switch was meant to run the overhead ceiling light which was removed to install the ceiling fan.

11. Elle

Elle Member

A bright RED herring!

You're right, Bob. Nothing but a bright RED herring!

12. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

BobC that might be so; still Smit insists someone came through that basement window that night. So guess it isn't that irrelevant to Smit, same counts for the Ramseys. Thereby to me it seems important to prove it can't be done via that basement window, and further that the basement window is indeed irrelevant. In other words by elimination possibilities, come to the only answer possible. I am saying under those conditions as present at the time of the murder, no one could have entered that basement without leaving any forensic evidence. And most certainly not a stranger! I am still waiting for Smit to perform his trick under controlled circumstances!

Elle, thanks I knew it was you who found an entry somewhere. Just couldn’t find it quick enough. Interesting though the article, it confirms what I already suspected for a long, long time.

13. BobC

I know Sylvia (glad to have our Nordic GODDESS back, by the way) but nobody gives a damn what Lou Smit says anymore--in fact if not for Lin Wood's lawsuits nobody would have seen him as anything other than a deluded, aged syncophant who dropped every crime scene analysis procedure he used to know the minute Patsy batted her eyes at his withered butt. Lou Smit is "phucking liar."

14. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

And folks, that is why BobC is rightly extolled as The Poster of the Eon.

15. Elle

Elle Member

We still have the right to discuss it, Bob!

Bob, Although the window is irrelevant, we still have the right to discuss it, and prove Lou Smit is wrong. Right, Sylvia?

16. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Are you trying to charm me? If so it’s Western! :D Does that mean you still love me after all those years? :D I know he is a liar, agree absolutely. Only because he’s such a filthy liar this “Judge†gave dear Keenan a chance to drop the whole (now don’t make me curse) case into the hands of that same Smitty boy, so he'll go on spinning. Not to mention from what I understand keep throwing people under that bus with his pall Tracey. BPD is no longer on the case, Wood is running the flipping unchallenged and that gets me soooo angry! When is someone going to stand up against these jerks……if we see it why the hell can’t they see it too! Ok, think already know the answer I am going to get…….

Last edited: Aug 19, 2004
  17. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Yes, Elle to me that is important, to prove that jerk is wrong. I always have said that he invented evidence to support his version of what happened.

18. BobC

Driver--SMOOCH.

Elle--of course you can! This case is fascinating because it is an awesome opportunity to excersize analytic reasoning. Always has been. Fire away! But at the same time I think it's extremely important to travel back in time to 1996. Think about it this way--if your next door nieghbor's little girl was found sexually assaulted and murdered in her parent's own LOCKED home with a fake ransom note--and your nieghbors lawyered up almost immediately and refused to give info to the cops--how would you feel? What would you think? Forget the last eight years of media BS. Forget the forums. Forget Lou Smit. Forget Steve Thomas. Forget Miss Linn Wood. Forget EVERYBODY. Look at the facts.

And Sylvia--You are a Nordic Goddess. I am not to blame for that fact.

19. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Yes, you are! I'm Dutch, that makes me part of the West here, besides am not even a blond. But never mind, call me whatever you want to.

20. BobC

work me, Slvia, WORK WITH ME!! "raven-haired Dutch Diety" just doesn't have the same punch!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice