Darnay: Doing what lawyers do in depostions.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Our wonderful Sleuthing VP found this very interesting article about lawyers and how they question people in depositions.

http://www.mycounsel.com/content/arrests/witness/deposed.html

Attorney's role in a deposition
    An attorney's role in a deposition is different than during a trial. Many attorneys don't want to reveal their cards during depositions; they remain passive--unlike what you can expect during cross-examination during a trial. Just because an opposing attorney takes a sympathetic approach during a deposition doesn't necessarily mean he or she will do the same in court.

Many people were a bit worried that Darnay was too soft on Patsy but perhaps he was being a fantastic lawyer and there is a method to this madness.

I thought Darnay did fine. He stuck with the ransom note. I was a bit frustrated because I Wanted him to do follow up but maybe that is not part of his game plan right now.

Thanks again VP

Tricia

2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Yeah

Tricia... I still think Darnay has something up his sleeve. Let's hope it goes to trial!

3. Kip

Kip Member

Thanks for the link, Tricia.

I hope NYL has something up his sleeve. I thought he should have questioned JR and PR longer, just to give them more chances to contradict themselves. It must be so hard keeping the lies straight.

4. Vic

Vic Active Member

DNA

Do you think Patsy screwed up the whole unknown DNA/intruder theory by admitting she doesn't know when JB last bathed or washed her hands? Based on her fuzzy to none recollection, it could have been days since JB's last bath.

I know his purpose is to prove who wrote the note, why would he ask about bathing? Hmmm

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice