Steinberg/Hoffman - Have you seen this killer?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Have you seen this killer?

BY TRACY CONNOR
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/224624p-192963c.html

Joel Steinberg

Where's Joel Steinberg hiding now?
    The paroled child killer, who was kicked out of his Harlem halfway house, is no longer welcome at the Times Square hotel where he was spotted last week either.

A manager at the Hotel Carter on W. 43rd St. said last night that after Steinberg was photographed outside, shocked staffers immediately checked their register.

They found no guests with Steinberg's name but did discover a room in the name of his lawyer, Darnay Hoffman, the manager said. The hotel declined to extend his stay, she said.

"It's possible that he could have snuck in here to stay with his lawyer," the manager said.

Since he was sprung from prison in June after serving nearly 17 years, Steinberg has become a pariah in the city.

The only place that would take him in, the Fortune Society on W. 140th St., booted him after he gave a magazine interview in which he refused to accept responsibility for the 1987 beating death of his 6-year-old illegally adopted daughter, Lisa.

Steinberg, 63, won a conditional-release parole June 30 after completing two-thirds of a 25-year sentence.

The ex-lawyer must attend anger management classes, observe a nightly curfew, and is not to contact Travis Smigiel, the boy who survived living with the fiend.

Steinberg also must avoid his former live-in girlfriend, Hedda Nussbaum.

At Steinberg's trial, Nussbaum testified that her lover beat Lisa for staring at him and then let her slowly die while he smoked crack cocaine.

Originally published on August 22, 2004

Maybe one of the Marys will open her home to Steinberg, since they both like to take in stray animals.

2. Watching You

Seems Steinberg isn't welcome anywhere in NYC. Imagine that.

Maybe he will have to go live with Darnay and Sydney. How about that hubris?

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Maybe he is in Michigan at some University?

:thumbsup:
    RR

4. Watching You

Someone better tell those mothers to hold their babies close. Never know when the Steinberg groopies may be murdering the truth.

5. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Joel Steinburg is even lower than gutter scum. I am glad the Carter Hotel declined to let him continue his stay there. I see a single room is only $77 a night, which is just about as cheap as one could find in New York City. It certainly isn't The Plaza. And it is right near Times Square! Perfect for the best friend of Darnay Hoffman, if you know what I mean. ;) And wasn't Darnay so sweet to book the room for him under his name? They are such dear, dear friends.

Mama always told me you are judged by the company you keep. (And by the names that you drop.)

6. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

LOL. RiverRat.

Maybe Stienskank will move in with Darnay and help him pay the rent. Seems Darnay could use a little help in that area.

Maybe they could all move to Michigan and become like the Brady Bunch meets the Manson Family.

7. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Oh, Tricia, you are so behind the times.

Lin Wood is the new flavor of the month in Michigan.

Try and keep up.

8. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

ROFLMAO...Now there's something, eh? First we have a woman pretending to be a man, now a man pretending to be a woman. I get SO confused! :moron:

9. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

This is what I don't understand about Darnay....bestest friend of the beast Steinberg.

You'd think Darnay would have a crush on Patsy...another child killer.

Driver is correct, Darnay is sooooo yesterday....Woody is in! Where you been Tricia? In Idaho or something?

It's Woody, Woody, hubris, Woody, Woody, smear, Woody, Woody, gutter gossips, Woody, Woody....

10. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

OMG. I am soooo yesterday on these things.

Forgive me. I"ll try to keep up...let's see.

Woody, Woody, Woody, Woody, scumguttergossip, Woody, Woody,

Ok..got it:)

11. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

If Wood is the new flavor of the month, we better not try it. Splinters.

Is Darnay related to Abbie?

Is Stein related to Franken?

If the justice system is allowing this creep (that uses Darnay's name) freedom to roam the streets, will the next step be installing screen doors on all of the Navy's subs? I fail to find the logic in letting a baby killa loose on the streets. Keep them incarcerated, and if it costs too much, give them the biggest, meanest cellmate, who has a couple of little children on the "outside".

"Saves you MONEY", in the (in)famous words of Mattress Mac.

12. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

LOL--man Chillin is on a rampage today! I personally see nothing wrong with screen doors on submarines

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice