Forums for Justice Press Release/ Tracey Documentary Exposed

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE August 26, 2004

tgrif@xmission.com
    www.forumsforjustice.org/forums

Colorado University Journalism Professor Michael Tracey’s Latest Ramsey Documentary Exposed by
    Forums for Justice.org

An innocent man, a man who was never a suspect in the JonBenet Ramsey case according to the Boulder District Attorney’s office, was fingered as the “Prime Suspect†by C.U. Journalism Professor Michael Tracey in his latest Ramsey documentary.

On June 16, 2004, Michael Tracey's latest JonBenet Ramsey documentary entitled "Who Killed the Pageant Queen?" aired in Great Britain. Not only is this documentary filled with errors, it also falsely implicates a man who wasn't even in the state of Colorado at the time of the JonBenet Ramsey murder.

Thanks to Michael Tracey’s showing of John Steven Gigax’s police record, with his case number clearly in view, the people who saw the show might actually think Mr. Gigax had something to do with the murder of JonBenet Ramsey.

However, there are serious problems with Tracey’s documentary. Mr. Gigax wasn’t even living in the state of Colorado at the time of the murder. On December 25/26, 1996, Mr. Gigax was with a large number of family and friends in a state far away from Colorado. Tom Bennett of the Boulder D.A’s office told Mr. Gigax he was never a suspect and the Boulder D.A was never looking for him to question him. A call by a Forums for Justice.org representative confirmed, through Tom Bennett, the same information.

The documentary stated that it was the “investigators’ top priority†to find this suspect; yet, Forums for Justice found Mr. Gigax within approximately 10 minutes of hearing this claim. A simple Google search was all that was needed. Within a few days we were in contact with him and upon hearing that he was the “prime suspect,†Mr. Gigax immediately called the Boulder D.A.’s office.

Forums for Justice would like to thank John Steven Gigax for immediately contacting the officials and offering anything they needed to clear him of any suspicion. Unlike John and Patsy Ramsey, JonBenet’s parents, Mr. Gigax did not hire lawyers and refuse to speak to officials for months. Instead he did what most innocent people do - he offered to cooperate with investigators to clear his name. But, that wasn’t necessary, because he was never a suspect to begin with.

According to the documentary, the Boulder Police tried to hire private investigators Ollie Gray and John St. Augustin to help with the investigation the day after the murder. The two refused, instead going to work for the Ramseys.

This is a highly questionable claim. Although Forums for Justice.org was not able to talk with Boulder Chief of Police Mark Beckner to confirm or deny this, it would be very unusual, if not bizarre, for the Boulder Police to hire outside private investigators when they had their own investigators working on the case and had access to FBI investigators as well.

Now, according to the documentary, these same private investigators are working with the Boulder District Attorney’s office for free to help solve the case. The Boulder D. A. has “sought the help of private detectives once employed by the Ramseys to hunt the killer. These investigators have been involved from the beginning. Although now unpaid volunteers because of the DA’s limited resources, they are an important part of the new investigation and they are free to talk. They are led by Ollie Gray, one of America’s leading private detectives and his partner John San Augustin.â€

Since the documentary clearly states that these men are working with Mary Keenan’s office, we call upon Mary Keenan to denounce this latest lie produced by Michael Tracey. Even Keenan’s own very respected top investigator, Tom Bennett, has stated that Mr. Gigax is not now, nor was he ever, a suspect, nor were they ever looking for him.

We ask that Mary Keenan explain why Ollie Gray and John San Augustin are not held to the same standards as others in the D.A’s office (if indeed they really are working with the D.A’s office) and are allowed to share inside information and participate in the making of this documentary.

Forums for Justice calls for the Regents at the University of Colorado to remove Michael Tracey from his teaching position as a Journalism Professor. His latest documentary is such an outrage that the University of Colorado should be hugely embarrassed by his behavior and take the appropriate action. We also call upon the Rocky Mountain News to remove Michael Tracey as a columnist for the paper. Mr.Tracey’s column deals with “ethics†in the journalism. How ironic considering what Forums for Justice.org has uncovered.

On June 24, 2004 Michael Tracey appeared on Court TV’s Catherine Crier Live show to talk about his latest documentary and his attempt to find a U.S. distributor. Forums for Justice.org calls upon all media outlets in the United States to refuse to air any part of this documentary.

John Ramsey once referred to the people who follow this case on the Internet as, “beer can collectors.†We would like to point out that we are not above doing whatever hard work it takes to get to the truth. Whether it’s doing a three-second Google search to find the “prime suspect†that a University Journalism Professor and “volunteer investigators†with the Boulder District Attorney’s office can’t find or doing manual labor to make money to support our efforts, we will do what it takes to help keep the truth from getting lost in the lies.

tgrif@xmission.com
    www.forumsforjustice.org/forums

For more information on the Michael Tracey documentary please visit this link.
    www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5150

2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Awesome Tricia!!!!!

Let's hope this puts a stop to the Tracey/Ram spin of putting out a documentary every few years implicating innocent people!

Why isn't the 'professor's' university censuring one of their staff for lying and slandering an innocent citizen? Or does the university give the okay to one of it's own, making money off a false documentary?

3. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Can't get any clearer than that, Tricia. There is also no way Tracey can explain the descrepancies (lies?) in his crock, but I'm willing to listen (snicker).

If the truth ever comes out in this case, it will be because of you, Tricia, and people like you who refuse to be bullied by a corrupt system or back down to the little heads who try to discredit you with inane accusations.

4. Watching You

ShowMe, I can tell you from experience that professors have something called "academic freedom of expression" that the university usually won't interfere with, UNLESS it goes too far over the line and embarrasses or puts the institution in the middle of a lawsuit. I've seen some pretty questionable courses given by professors that, to me, have inappropriate content and border or the edges of indecency, and when that happens and there are complaints from the students, administration may step in and inform the professor of the complaints; IOW, do something about it...

But, work done outside the university that does not involve or reflect negatively upon the university and is not financed by the university is usually off-limits to the university. However, the critical words here are, "reflect negatively upon" and "financed by." In this case, by virtue of the fact that Tracey is affiliated with CSU, this crock reflects negatively upon the university, and if enough complaints came in to administration, that could be reason for CSU to take some action. It's hard to tell. It is a fact that in any given institution, you are going to find a few flakes. It comes with the territory. Just because someone has a Ph.D. does not mean s/he isn't crazy as a loon.

5. Thor

Thor Active Member

Wow, excellent job Tricia!!! Is this getting out to the media, besides being posted here?

6. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

It certainly is logical to suspect someone not inside the locked home with the dead child, based on nothing.

7. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Fantastic!

Tricia, you have done an outstanding job of investigative reporting here. This press release gets to the heart of the matter regarding that bombastic fraud, Michael Tracey.

His University should be as proud of him as Mary McAuliffe's University is of her.

8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Tricia,

You work so hard for justice. Excellent press release. Did Catherine Cryer get a copy I wonder. She sure needs to see this after having Tracey on her show. Uch!

9. Vic

Vic Active Member

Tricia

Outstanding!

Somebody's got some 'splaining to do...

10. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Well done as usual, Trish! If Gray and St. Augustin truly are volunteer investigators for the BDA, this crockumentary, more than any other intruder theory, serves perfectly to PROVE the incompetency of the BDA work on the case to substantiate appointment of a special prosecutor.

Mr. Gigax needs to get himself a mighty lawyer-warrior and sue the pants off Tracey, the University and the Rocky Mtn. News! It's time the innocent and Lady Justice take back Boulder and the Ramsey case!! He also has a case against Catherine Crier....

11. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

From Candy's forum:

candy
    Member # 311

posted 08-26-2004 06:46 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It shows you what thieves the gutter boards are. They NEVER do anything but steal and gossip. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, Candy is proven wrong. One day she will learn that "doing something" means more than sitting on your backside copying articles.

12. Show Me

Well unless Candy owns all the words in the English language...I'd say Tricia's post is her own ideas and opinions.

And the news articles on the websites do not belong exclusively to Candy either....so what's there to steal?

Thanks, I think, WY for the info on university's stand on profs. You'd think the documentary would be embarassing for the university....but then again it's Colorado.

Ironic the Professor of Journalism can't produce a documentary based on truth and real evidence. My guess is Tracey is a Professor of Tabloidism, and the class is given for the future reporters of the Globe, Star, Post etc.

13. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Daft

Margoo says :-

Not how it happened. Does Margoo think that by sheer coincidence, Gigax "just happened" to find jameson's website and see he was the subject of several threads within days of being named as Mr X???

ROFL

14. Elle

Elle Member

More power to you, Tricia!

I am more than impressed with this Press Release Tricia. This is what I call
    "fighting for justice for JonBenét Ramsey" ...more power to you, Tricia!

15. Watching You

Candy just doesn't get it. She can send her complaints wherever she wants. She does not have copyright on other people's words. If she chooses to push it, which she won't because she blows smoke out her a$s, she will find out she is the one who has broken the copyright laws by reproducing the words of Henry Lee and Catherine Crier, which are legally owned by Court TV.

Court TV could have their attorney write to CS and tell them to remove that transcript from the forum. I would, of course, do the same if Court TV asked. Since Candy doesn't own those words and was not the originator of those words, she can put all the warnings at her smut forum that she wants. I don't take orders from Candy or her as$ wiper, groo. If groo had a freaking brain in her head, she would already know that Candy has no right to forbid anyone to copy that transcript. Typing does not give ownership to the typist.

It's like the way I used to type the tabs every week. I didn't own those articles, the tabs did. I could have been asked by the tabs to remove them, but they never asked me to. Other forums copied my typing work. It was work for me to type all those articles, but I'm not selfish like Candy is. I freely share my work with anyone who wants it. I wouldn't doubt but what the Candymeister herself stole a few of my tab articles.

So, Candy can just get off her high horse. She doesn't own the words she reproduced. Court TV owns them. Maybe I'll notify Court TV that Candy ripped off their interview and is now claiming copyright on it.

There is a thing called tenure at universities. Once a professor has it, it is nearly impossible to fire him/her. There are ways it can be done, but it is almost never done in a public manner. Academic freedom, as I mentioned before, is not just an idea, it is a right in academia.

This does not mean professors can do anything they want, though. I know of a tenured professor who did some things on a campus that went too far and he pist off the wrong people. Heads will roll when they pis$ off the wrong people, especially if those people are high up in administration. This professor was this close to being fired and was facing court charges as well.

So, although professors are free to pursue whatever crazy thing they want to pursue, there are limits. Eventually, with enough complaints from the outside, the administration might possibly make things happen from inside, including making life miserable enough for the professor to seek employment elsewhere. It doesn't happen often, but I suspect it happens.

16. Elle

Elle Member

I luv your feisty posts WY! I can feel the heat from the flames. :devil: :imonline:

17. Show Me

Bummer tenure can be so awful in this case, IMO Tracey is NO journalism prof at all....unless we are talking Tabloid Journalism. I think the future students would benefit greatly if Tracey was relieve of his teaching duties...even if he still draws a salary from the University.

Maybe it's what Tracey secretly wants....to be consider slightly insane and thus 'retired' from teaching?

18. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Tricia - Important

Check your e-mail please.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice