Quick question about John

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by messiecake, Sep 1, 2004.

1. messiecake

messiecake Member

Ok,am I crazy or is it a fact that a book somewhere discusses John waking up crying in the middle of the night ,on more than a few occasions,and crying (persumably) about Beth? AND that Patsy(and I think Burke) were aware he did this but Patsy would fake sleep during his crying jags and it was never discussed between the two or as a family?

I know Ive read this (other than on a board) and Ive got to source it for someone over at W/S.

Thanks!

2. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Here you go. DOI, page 71 to start with. I know there are other references from Patsy's point of view, but here is John on the record about it:

Patsy remembers waking up in the middle of the night and realizing I wasn't in bed beside her. Then she would hear a moaning, an agonizing wailing like I was in physical pain. I had thought I wouldn't bother her from my study, beside our bedroom. She would lie there silently and pray, Dear God, what should I do? Should I go to him? Yet she realized that I had to work through this grief myself. She could only provide a quiet, safe place.

Now, what I take from this anecdote is that sound carried through the house well enough that even when one person thought he could not be heard, others in the house could hear easily. Another aspect of this anecdote that I wonder about is, since Burke's bedroom was right at the bottom of a straight set of stairs near the parental bed, and Patsy could hear John's wails from her position, could Burke also hear these wails? I strongly believe he could, and this is subsequently where he learned that if you hear even the loudest crying in the middle of the night, stay put in bed because it is what a Ramsey is supposed to do.

It speaks very ill of the family's dynamics, in my opinion. The lesson we have learned from John's example is that if he was dying in his bathroom from a heart attack, Patsy would have let him because the rule of the house was, leave a wailing person completely alone.

3. messiecake

messiecake Member

Why _Nutt,
    Thank you sooooooooo much!
    I knew it was either PMPT or DOI (although I just couldnt sit through DOI :burnedup: ).I appreciate your digging that upfor me! (and glad to know Im not totally out of it!)

4. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

It seems so weird....the non responding when the Rams find themselves in painful grief. Yes people do need to work thru their grief, however after a while wouldn't you want to go up and hug them and comfort them?

5. messiecake

messiecake Member

Its quite telling isnt it?

I can't imagine faking sleep while my husband is up sobbing in the middle of the night SO that prob. says more about Patsy doesn't it??

:devil:

Seriously.........your spouse is suffering and you just "leave them to it"???

Just another Ramsey quirk I don't get!!!!!!!

6. Prairie

Prairie Member

They are a very strange pair.

Why would Patsy have to pray about what to do? I mean, doesn't her heart tell her anything? Didn't it just break her heart to hear his pain? Did she not feel a physical need to comfort him? How could someone lay there and not reach out? Working through grief doesn't mean going it alone and any intelligent person would think that perhaps letting your spouse know they weren't alone would go a long way. John must have felt later that he was married to a stone cold b_tch.

7. messiecake

messiecake Member

IMO he is!!!!!

8. Elle

Elle Member

You also have to remember, there was no door to the Ramsey's Master Bedroom. When you came to the top of the stairs, you were right in their bedroom; therefore it stands to reason noises must have been carried up the stairwell, but not on Christmas night it seems (?).

I first noticed this on the A & E documentary by Bill Curtis. It looked strange seeing him walk up the stairs and right into the Ramsey bedroom. Weird! I've never seen any bedroom like this before.

9. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

The tragic play with no ending...

Loosing a child, especially your eldest child, is an agonizing experience that you wouldn’t wish on your worse enemy.

I don’t doubt that John often woke up in the middle of the night, expressing his painful loss through tears and strange behavior. We can’t fault him for that. In fact, I personally, find that (perhaps) the only normal behavior he has demonstrated to date.

Patsy’s response to John’s nocturnal bouts of grief seems so cruel and devoid of the love and understanding you would expect between spouses. Of course, Beth was John’s child by a previous marriage, and not related to Patsy. Nevertheless, it took a cold heart to demonstrate such blatant indifference.

They were not, IMHO, a “normal†couple. That is to say, they seem to respond to one another in such curious ways. For example, John was the CEO of a billion dollar company, and, at the time of JonBenet's murder, Patsy was a housewife. Yet, on that horrible night in Boulder, some 8 years ago, John instructed his wife to do the things you would expect the man of the house to do.

The call to 911 was a classic example of this. Imagine the horror of finding your child missing, and instructing your wife to make the call to 911. It seems to me that the wimpiest husband in the world would have rushed to the nearest phone and made that call himself.

Patsy wrote the ransom note and John (most probably) dictated all or part of it to her. He didn’t have a well-researched plan in mind, so he played it by ear. The note was stupid. He wanted to cover all bases, and, in the process, he had Patsy pen (perhaps) the most convoluted ransom note in history. Just how stupid was it? Well, maybe it wasn’t near as stupid as we think. It did, after all, work. So far, so good. They are still free, enjoying all the life and liberties they so ignobly took away from their little girl.

Today, the Ramsey’s are like actors in a tragic play. They have rehearsed their lines to such a degree that they repeat the exact same phrases and lines over and over again. They wrote the play, produced and directed it, and have staring roles. So many repeated performances have made them like robots, rendering themselves into a plastic, flat mode. Their spirits are numb and their minds are half gone, leaving them as shells of their former shallow selves. They have been reduced to puff and frill, and they have emerged into stereotypes of “Justice Not erved.â€

Greenleaf

10. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Great post Greenie! The Rams are like a bizarre tragic play. They do parrot certain phrases over and over when asked about JonBenet's death.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice