Forum Review

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Jayelles, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I don't post as much these days due to my involvement in some other projects, but I try to scan the forums at least every other day.

It's clear to me that some forums are flourishing and others are dying a death!

FFJ and WS continue to have lively case discussion and new members.

Purgatory has a mixture of diehards who continue to post on case whilst fighting off the attempts of some lunatics who are keen to disrupt discussion there.

Cybersleuths is a sad shadow of its former self with an unpleasant atmosphere you could cut with a knife .. and ...

jameson's is so dead that I keep expecting to find it gone. There is just the odd embittered "BORG" post to keep the forum going these days!

So - I guess the message is "keep it up" guys :) And welcome to new members!

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Both of Tricia's forums - WS and FFJ - are flourishing. Purgatory has its detractors, but it too seems to hum right along. This tells us something about the ownership and fantastic management of these forums.

You are right about CS and the Swamp, Jayelles. There is nothing at either of these forums but negativity and attacks on posters from other JBR boards, so why bother going there? Again, the state of these two forums tells us everything about the poor management and ownership of the forums.

3. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Purgatory is a great forum. Granted there are a few nuts, but they make it entertaining. I have to hand it to Keebu, she really turned Purgatory into a viable place about many true crime cases.

Thanks for the kind words Jayelles and WY. Remember, it's great posters like yoruself that keep things rockin.'

Jayelles, we have a rule here. Perhaps you didn't read your contract. Real Life is no excuse not to spend 24/7 on this case. However since you are such a nice person I'll give you a pass. ;)

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

I've been honored at Jameson's! :)

Hi,

A few days ago I started a thread titled "Events On The Night of December 25, 1996," where I posted a theory of events that night and posted several follow up posts in that thread to explain why I believe what I wrote.

As I stated in that thread I am a newbie to this case and this forum. All of your replies here at FFJ were thoughtful, courteous and very much appreciated.

BUT, I've just learned that I'm not a newbie anymore! :sponge:

I was checking out other forums when I came across a series of posts at Jameson's site that attacked my thread.

http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID37/193.html

Beginning at Post #33 downward, my theory is attacked with guns ablaze. In that post I'm called a BORG. I am honored and proud to be recognized by jameson's as a full fledged member of FFJ. :clap:

-Catfish

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
  5. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Catfish is the official new Borg...next thing you know she will be joining us gossips in the gutter. :thumbsup:

Jams no longer 'wows' her audience since anyone with any sense in the case won't communicate with her any longer...Woody, Ramseys, most LE and so on.

Cybersleuths is not what it was a few years ago...now the JB forum is a one woman show...who's babbling post leave me baffled as to what the hell she's talking about.

6. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Jayelles

Thanks for the Forum Review.

FFJ is the best on JBR. Also, posters are allowed to bring their "pet" cases here, and Tricia will give us a forum. I enjoyed very much covering the Illes case on FFJ.

Purg has many fine posters, --many of my favorites from JW are there. I followed the Smart case on Purg. Coverage was good, and the discussion very lively. Purg gets points for reaching out to Richard Ricci's wife, and consoling her after Richard was falsely accused and died of a brain hemorrhage in prison. Mrs. Ricci posted there for awhile, and it was good that she had a place to go where people were kind and understanding.

I would like to add the Court-TV discussion board as another example of a fascinating crime board. Their discussion of the Louisiana serial killer, Derrick Todd Lee, was second to none. They were always a few steps ahead of Baton Rouge law enforcement, and identified the fact that there was more than one SK active in their city long before LEA knew it. The mothers of two of the murdered women posted on that board, and it was devastating to realize the depth of their anguish.

7. Prairie

Prairie Member

Is it just me or do others jump forums, depending on the case? For JBR, it's FFJ all the way. Peterson? WS. Tricia has the best forums, hands down.

8. Peki

Peki Member

I have to agree with you, Prairie, I like to scan them all, but for JBR FFJ is the best. I like WS for Peterson coverage, along with Misfits, and CTV when I need a little entertainment...they seem to attract a strange crowd there sometimes! The Swamp and CS are definitely boring, and I love the activity at Purg on all topics! Jayelles, I hope your real life doesn't keep you away from the boards for too long!

Peki
    :coffeeup:

9. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

I like to think of the forums as restaurants.

FFJ is somewhat at the level of a high-end accessible restaurant, like Nobu or one of Mario Batali's places.

Websleuths is rather more of a family restaurant, an Applebee's where adults can get a good meal for a reasonable price, with only the occasional screaming child needing to be dealt with.

Cybersleuths, alas, has become the tatty corner deli where you never buy food but do purchase your morning newspaper, nod to the owner and leave.

CN2000 is less than a deli, it is more like the ancient subway kiosk where you can get your gum and your candy bars on the way to somewhere else.

And Jameson's, over time, has morphed. It used to be the town diner where many residents congregated, whether they liked it or not. Unfortunately, the chef, who was never a particularly good cook but had a good food supplier, was cut off by that supplier. People use to go for a meal they would either praise or complain about, but go they would. As time passed, the customers could no longer ignore the persistent presence of rat feces and flies on the desserts, which only got worse. Then the diner became a members-only club, and now its decrepit members (what few bothered to pay the fee to join) sit on their folding chairs, looking at the same old Double B menu while sneaking in food from Nobu and Applebee's because if they did not, they would starve.

10. Watching You

LOL, Why Nut. Terrific analogy.

Rat feces and flies on the desserts would actually be just desserts for the swamp, though.

11. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Excellent Why Nut :bowdown:

Years ago as a child, (ok...a hundred years ago), I was mesmerized as only a child could be by the hustle and bustle of NYC. They used to have a lunch place (and they still may) which existed much before it's time in the hectic hustle bustle world. It was called the Automat, and all it entailed were stand up counters and the whole place was nothing more than vending machines...top to bottom, wall to wall. You could get anything there, hot or cold, and then stand up and eat your lunch. As a kid...it was great and quite the novelty...as an adult, I'm sure it is not unlike the swamp is now...costs money to be there and what you get is never as good as anywhere else...just one big stale vending machine!

12. Watching You

Imon the Terrible (aka Rachel) decided to post Why Nut's post at Purgatory - apparently to try to drum up animosity against FFJ because Purgatory was not mentioned in Why Nut's post.

Imon's hatred and jealousy are eating her alive.

13. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

I swear upon all that is sacred, as soon as I hit the post button here I wanted to go back and edit the message to say this:

For Purgatory, I evoke one's dining options with but two words as so memorably uttered by John Belushi:

FOOD FIGHT!

14. Jayelles

I haven't seen her posting at Cybersleuths recently. Is she banned?

Talking about Cybersleuths, that place actually creeps me out just now. There is a poster there who's ramblings are positively sinister.

15. Jayelles

Wn

That is such a funny post. I liked the bit about the NOBO bars. NOBO means marker pens to me. I love the smell of them. Nothing to beat a quick solvent fix when you look around the classroom and are reminded of the Muppet Show.

16. Watching You

Imon's been banned at CS for about three weeks. She let her mouth overrun her arsehole.

Yes, CS is like a morgue with just a ghoul running about. I've been wondering when they would be holding the wake.

17. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

bb

This was posted yesterday by Rainsong: "... I truly hope someone copys this post and carries it to Forums for Justice."

Is that sad or what.

18. Jayelles

Are we still talking about Imon?

19. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

:) I'm not. Rainsong wanted a post of hers brought here. It is under responding to (borg) posts elsewhere.

20. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

WhyNut--Great Post!

What a marvelous analogy!

And Moab, thanks for the memory--of Horn and Hardart's automat. When I had my first job at the Corn Exchange Bank on 42nd Street, opposite the NY Public Library, I would go to the automat for lunch every day. I could only allot 25 cents for lunch. For that, I got a lettuce and tomato sandwich and a glass of iced tea. Everything was very fresh. And I stayed skinny as a rail.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice