Exclamation Amber Alert Issued for 12 Year Old Texas Girl - Safe!

Posted: Tuesday September 7 09:28 AM CT

The Mesquite Police Department issued the Amber Alert on Tuesday morning after new evidence was found which indicates the child may be in danger.

Jami Hicks, 12 yrs., white female, 5'3", 110 lbs. with blond hair and green eyes. She may be wearing jeans with a buckle on the front and a gray striped shirt with a tie at the shoulder.

She was last seen with James Roy Hudachek about 11 p.m. Friday.

Police are looking for James Roy Hudachek, 28 yrs., white male, 5'10", 160 lbs. with brown hair and green eyes.

There is no vehicle information at this time.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Mesquite Police Department at (972) 216-6252 or dial 911.

http://codeamber.org/hicks/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by "J_R"; September 15, 2004, 12:36 pm at Wed Sep 15 12:36:48 UTC 2004. Reason: Jami is safe!
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Default Alert issued for missing Mesquite girl

04:12 PM CDT on Tuesday, September 7, 2004
    By APRIL KINSER / DallasNews.com

Mesquite P.D.
    Jami Hicks is missing. Police said she could be with James Roy Hudachek. Mesquite police were searching Tuesday for a pastor who is believed to have abducted his 12-year-old stepdaughter after declaring his love for the child in a letter.

Police said Jami Hicks was last seen with James Roy Hudachek, 28, around 11 p.m. Friday.

Jami’s mother, Angela Hudachek, said she found a letter from her husband that she interpreted to mean that he wanted the girl as his wife. She said police issued an Amber alert Tuesday morning after seeing the letter.

In the letter, he wrote, “…when I see your beautiful face my heart will beat again,” and he asked her to “be mine.”

“I believe he is irrational and capable of maybe killing both of them,” Angela Hudachek said. “He said if he couldn’t be with her he would rather be dead. I’m feeling like if we don’t find her soon I might not ever see her again.”
    ...snip

WFAA-TV
    An excerpt from the letter that led to the Amber alert. While Jami’s relationship with her stepfather was always “a bit odd,” Hudachek said, she did not know about her husband’s professed love for his daughter.

“Most people would say they would never think this of him,” Angela Hudachek said. “I can’t imagine what he’s thinking and why he thinks it’s all right to do this. The only thing that keeps me sane is knowing his love for her. I believe he’s going someplace where this is condoned.”
    ...snip

Hudachek said she tried to convince police on Saturday that her daughter was in danger.

“The police told me at the time there was no urgency and I tried to tell them that he’s overly obsessive about her and that he’s crazy,” she said.

The girl’s mother filed a missing persons report Saturday, but police did not have enough criminal evidence to believe the child was in danger or issue an alert at that time, Sgt. Shannon Greenhaw said.

“Needless to say, we have found some growing concerns and this seemed like the right option at this time,” Greenhaw said. “We believe it is possible she is in physical danger.”

Greenhaw would not identify the new evidence that was collected or explain why police believe the girl is in danger. A warrant charging James Hudachek with interfering with child custody has been issued, she said.
    ...snip

“She really admired him and loved him in her heart. She could have gone willingly,” Angela Hudachek’s cousin, Yolonda Ochoa, said of Jami.
    ...snip

James Hudachek identifies himself as the pastor of The Door of Life Assembly of YHWH, a ministry he runs in Mesquite. On his Web site, he said he and his wife were called to create an Assembly of Yahuweh after learning about Satan’s role in today’s church.

Yahuweh is a rough translation of God’s name from Hebrew to English.

“We are a family of believers that believes in lifting each other up, and exalting the Word of Yahuweh,” Hudachek states on his Web site.

Angela Hudachek said she was attracted to James’ smile when she met him about 12 years ago at a Dairy Queen in Wichita Falls. She was 22 and he was 16. “He was kind. He seemed like he had it together,” Hudachek recalled.

She said they started the ministry together eight or nine months ago. She described the 20 or so followers as believers in a religion similar to Christianity except they refer to God as “Yahuweh” and they worship on Saturdays.

“I knew it was right. I felt the calling into the ministry,” she said.

Angela Hudachek had Jami and an 18-year-old daughter from previous relationships; she and James have the twins.

She said her husband tended to be “overprotective” of Jami.
    ...snip

Angela Hudachek said Jami reported that her stepfather touched her inappropriately when she was 6, although he described it as “playing rough.”

“When you have four children … I tried to believe in him,” she said. “I didn’t want our lives turned upside down. I believed him when he said, ‘We were just playing.’ I loved him. It’s hard to believe that about someone you love.”

Police said someone reported seeing the pair in a 2000 Ford Focus with four doors, tinted windows, temporary license tags that expire on Sept. 25 and scratches on the hood.
    ...snip

Ochoa pleaded with Hudachek to return Jami unharmed.

"We just want James to bring her home. If he can't do it, just call us; we'll pick her up wherever she's at," she said. "Drop her off somewhere and make a phone call. Call collect."

Anyone with information regarding the location of the girl or Hudachek should call the Mesquite Police Department at 972-216-6252.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....f2ad3055.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Default Police Search Continues: Amber Alert Issued for 12 Year-Old Girl Jami Hicks

Team Amber Alert National (Texas, USA) -- An Amber Alert was issued early Tuesday morning statewide by Police in cooperation with Texas Department of Safety. “Jami Hicks is a 12-year-old girl believed to be in great danger from her stepfather James Roy Hudachek,” stated Police Sgt. Greenhaw of Mesquite P.D.,” We have been searching for missing Mesquite girl since late Friday in Mesquite, Texas and surrounding counties. Law Enforcements needs the publics assistance to locate this child”.
    ...snip

Amber Alert was issued only after substantial evidence surfaces the girl is believed to be in great danger.

Police said Jami Hicks was last seen with James Roy Hudachek, 28, around 11 p.m. Friday.
    ...snip

Police have no idea what vehicle James Hudachek is driving since his vehicle was located in Mesquite, Greenhaw said.

The girl is described as 5 feet, 3 inches, 110 pounds, with blond hair and green eyes.

Angela Hudachek said the girl might be wearing jeans with a buckle on the front and a gray striped shirt with a tie at the shoulder.

James Hudachek is described as 5 feet, 10 inches, 160 pounds, with brown hair and green eyes.

Initially activated for several counties is now statewide. Mode of transportation is unknown and officials need the publics help to find this child. She is believed to be is danger and could lose her life. If sighted call 911 do not approach suspect or child. The search continues for this 12 year-old girl from Texas.

Note: Anyone with information regarding the location of the girl or Hudachek should call the Mesquite Police Department at (972) 216-6252.

http://www.teamamberalert.net/news/m...ticle&sid=3839

©

Default Suspected abductor had previous arrest

Mesquite pastor is believed to have abducted 12-year-old stepdaughter; Amber Alert issued

12:41 PM CDT on Wednesday, September 8, 2004
    By APRIL KINSER and JASON TRAHAN / The Dallas Morning News

A Mesquite pastor who was infatuated with his 12-year-old stepdaughter and apparently abducted her was arrested earlier this year after her older sister said he beat her.

Mesquite police issued an Amber Alert on Monday for Jami Hicks after she and James R. Hudachek, 28, were discovered missing about 11 p.m. Friday.

Authorities said they think Mr. Hudachek was driving a black four-door Ford Focus with a paper dealer tag. He bought the car without his wife's knowledge and picked it up Friday.

Authorities also said a surveillance video from an undisclosed automated teller machine shows Mr. Hudachek withdrawing money Friday.

In a letter found by Jami's family Sunday, Mr. Hudachek wrote to the child: "When I see your beautiful face, my heart will beat again. I can't stop thinking about you."

Mesquite P.D.
    Jami Hicks is missing. Police said she could be with James Roy Hudachek. He also said in the letter, "I told Yahuweh [God] last night before your mom left, if I can't have you, to kill me."

Mr. Hudachek is the pastor of The Door of Life Assembly of YHWH, a ministry he runs in Mesquite that meets in a city recreation center.

On the ministry's Web site, he said he and his wife were called to create an Assembly of Yahuweh after learning about Satan's role in today's church.

Police said Mr. Hudachek, who also works for SBC, recently withdrew an unknown amount of money from a church account.
    ...snip

Her oldest daughter, Dusti Silas, 18, found the brothers alone Saturday morning and her stepfather's truck missing.

"I believe he is irrational and capable of maybe killing both of them," their mother said. "He said if he couldn't be with her he would rather be dead. I'm feeling like if we don't find her soon, I might not ever see her again."
    ...snip

"I can't imagine what he's thinking and why he thinks it's all right to do this," she said. "I believe he's going someplace where this is condoned."

Initial report
    The girl's mother reported her missing Saturday, but police did not have enough evidence to think the child was in danger, which is a required criterion for issuing an Amber Alert, said Sgt. Shannon Greenhaw, a Mesquite police spokeswoman.

That changed when the letter surfaced, she said.
    ...snip

Police also decided to issue the alert as they learned more about Mr. Hudachek's violent incident earlier this year toward Jami's older sister, Dusti.

On May 16, the teenager called 911 from the Hudachek home in the 4800 block of Shands Drive to report that she had been beaten.

"He wanted me to stay home and baby sit while him and my sister could run errands," Ms. Silas said. "He always wanted to do things with her. He pushed me against the wall and punched me in the face and really hurt me, just because he wanted to go off and be with her.

She said her stepfather has hit her and other family members in the past, but "that's just the first time that I had ever done anything about it."

Mr. Hudachek was released the next day on $1,500 bond. Police have referred the case to the district attorney's office. He has not been convicted.

Mrs. Hudachek said she met Mr. Hudachek about 10 years ago at a Dairy Queen in Wichita Falls. She was 22 and he was 16.

"He was kind. He seemed like he had it together," she said.
    ...snip

Mr. Hicks said he would e-mail his daughter and sometimes Mr. Hudachek would respond with messages warning him to be a good father.

"Angie always told me how Jami looks up to him as a father," Mr. Hicks said. "You know how kids get confused. I let her know I was still there, but I didn't want to mess up what they had going. She was a little baby when me and Angie split up."

'I loved him'
    Angela Hudachek said Jami reported that her stepfather touched her inappropriately when she was 6, although he described it as "playing rough." Child Protective Services declined to say whether it had a record on Mr. Hudachek.

The Dallas Morning News generally does not name children who may have been sexually abused, but Jami Hicks' mother and police officials have asked that her name be publicized to help find her as quickly as possible in case she is in danger.

"When you have four children ... I tried to believe in him," Mrs. Hudachek said. "I didn't want our lives turned upside down. I believed him when he said, 'We were just playing.' I loved him. It's hard to believe that about someone you love."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...sing.caa4.html

©

Default Police: Man in suspected abduction could be armed

09:58 PM CDT on Thursday, September 9, 2004

By APRIL KINSER / DallasNews.com

A man believed to have abducted his 12-year-old stepdaughter last week is likely armed with a pistol, Mesquite police announced Thursday in the first significant development since an Amber alert was issued for the missing girl.

Police and the girl’s family members say they suspect James Hudachek, 28, fled with Jami Hicks on Friday evening while her mother was out of town at a softball tournament. A family member discovered they were missing Saturday morning; authorities issued the alert Tuesday morning.

Sgt. Shannon Greenhaw said Thursday that a co-worker of Hudachek’s tipped police that he might have bought a gun. Mesquite police found the paperwork that led to the legal Aug. 20 purchase of the .45-caliber pistol, but not the weapon itself.

“We do believe him to be armed with a firearm at this time. … He has the means to hurt Jami if that is his intention,” Greenhaw said, adding that people who believe they see the pair should not approach them, but call a new tip line at 972-216-4162.

Based on the approximately 100 tips police have received, they believe that Hudachek and Jami are in Texas. The FBI, Secret Service, U.S. Border Patrol and U.S. Marshals are among the agencies assisting in the search, Greenhaw said.
    ...snip

Police said they believe Hudachek is driving a 2000 black, four-door Ford Focus with paper tags that expire Sept. 25 and a decal from J&J Auto Sales.

Greenhaw noted that Hudachek bought the car without his wife’s knowledge, as well as a gun, and also cleaned out his home and church bank accounts.

“There’s a lot of things that show that this was not a whim or a spur-of-the-moment decision for him,” she said.

Angela Hudachek said reports of the gun purchase intensified her fears.

“My first thoughts were that he was going to hurt her or himself,” she said. “He did it behind my back – another one of his lies. It’s a scary feeling, it really is. He’s been planning this longer than we thought. I fear for Jami. Anything’s possible now.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....fea270ad.html

©

Default Sick, sick, sick!

...both the stupid cow of a "mother" and the evil pedophile pastor.

He and the girl are most likely in Mexico by now.

Default Amber Alert Updated: Saturday September 11 10:18 AM CT

Posted: Tuesday September 7 09:28 AM CT
    Updated: Saturday September 11 10:18 AM CT

On Saturday September 11 the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division issued the Amber Alert for Jami Hicks after a possible sighting. New vehicle information: They may be traveling in a Black 200 Ford Focus with TX tag G56ZSD and paper dealer tag 92504. There may also be a decal on the rear of the car with "J&J Auto Sales".

©

Exclamation Amber Alert Update!

This Amber Alert should now be considered nation wide. Jami was taken on Friday September 3 and the suspect has had time to travel to almost any part of the country.

There is now a web site for Jami:

http://www.findjami.com/

©

Thumbs up Missing girl found after stepdad shoots himself

Sept. 15, 2004, 7:47AM

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A missing Mesquite girl was found safe in an Oklahoma City motel room early Wednesday after her stepfather apparently shot himself.

Police went to a Quality Inn after being notified by Mesquite police that the subject of an Amber Alert might be there, officer Felisha Williams said. As they approached the room, they heard what sounded like a gunshot.

A few minutes later, 12-year-old Jami Hicks emerged from the room unharmed. She was taken into custody by Child Protective Services and checked out at a local hospital. Williams said she would soon be reunited with her mother in Mesquite.

Inside the room, officers found James Roy Hudachek, 28, who had apparently shot himself. He was airlifted to Oklahoma University Medical Center, Williams said.
    ...snip

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...olitan/2797061

©

Lightbulb Missing girl found safe in Oklahoma City, returned to Texas

Posted on Wed, Sep. 15, 2004

MESQUITE, Texas - A 12-year-old North Texas girl who had been missing for nearly two weeks was found safe at an Oklahoma City motel early Wednesday after her stepfather apparently shot himself.

Jami Hicks' stepfather, James Roy Hudachek, was in critical condition and on life support at an Oklahoma City hospital, said Oklahoma City police Sgt. Charles Phillips. Jami was briefly hospitalized and was on her way back to Texas, Mesquite police Sgt. Shannon Greenhaw said.
    ...snip

Phillips does not expect charges to be filed in Oklahoma against James Hudachek. But Greenhaw said that if Hudachek survives, charges will be filed in Texas.
    ...snip

Angela Hudachek said she drove to Oklahoma City as quickly as she could.

"I was hoping to put my eyes on her. I ain't seen her in a couple of weeks," Angela Hudachek told Oklahoma City television station KOCO. "She just needs to be with her momma. She needs me right now."

But Hicks was taken into emergency CPS custody in Texas by late Wednesday morning, said CPS spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales.

"Our main concern is to make sure that she's safe, OK," Gonzales said. "We felt that because of some of the risk factors in her home and some of the warning signs that she was in danger."

Also Wednesday, CPS took the girl's twin 9-year-old half brothers into emergency custody after learning some new information, said Gonzales, who would not elaborate.

The agency has alleged that Angela Hudachek didn't do enough to protect the girl and her brothers.
    ...snip

There will be a custody hearing on Sept. 23.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/...9669234.htm?1c

©

Default TG Jami is safe.

God knows what she went through on that "field trip" with Humbert Humbert.

It's good to hear that Mrs. Hudachek's kids are in protective custody. Hopefully they will not be returned to the dingbat mom, but will find other stable homes.