The Power of Ordinary Posters

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Why_Nut, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

I hope all of you out there are following the CBS story about the memos on 60 Minutes, because it only serves as confirmation of what we in our little true-crime world went through already and saw happening for ourselves, with the Tracey program filling the role of Dan Rather and CBS; Tricia, Jayelles, myself and so many other people serving as the bloggers; and Killian in the middle as Gigax.

http://techcentralstation.com/091004G.html

The more basic question is how could a rabble of bloggers, in one day, provide hard core proof of forgery when major news organizations took those documents at face value?

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Goodness

That's interesting. But "Bloggers"???? That's a new one to me. Sounds a bit like a sweary word though (these Blo*** **ggers on the Internet.....)

You are right though in your analogy. I am also growing increasingly confident that justice will be done in our own case of particular interest.

pm

3. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I don't think this is disputed, from the associated press:

"The first four months of 1972 are at the beginning of a controversial period in Bush's Guard service. After taking his last flight in April 1972, Bush went for six months without showing up for any training drills. In September 1972 he received permission to transfer to an Alabama Guard unit so he could work on a political campaign there.

"That May, Bush also skipped a required yearly medical examination. In response, his commanders grounded Bush on Aug. 1, 1972."

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Excellent point, Why_Nut. Mainstream media has always had the comfort of being our only source of news, and therefore, no reason to think we would doubt them. Now with the Internet, and the Information Highway, we don't have to swallow everything they want to feed us.

Not to get into a political debate that belongs elsewhere ... but I think the answer to the following question asked by blogger Jay Currie is fairly obvious ....

Most fundamental of all, why did the New York Times, the Boston Globe and CBS allow themselves to be used for such a transparent attempt to slander President Bush?

In a recent poll conducted of people in news media, only 11% identified themselves as conservative. The three organizations mentioned above have a liberal bias, and they are looking for ways to help defeat President Bush in the coming election. The rush to damage Bush's reputation overwhelmed any need to verify the story. Their prejudice short-circuited caution.

The Internet has become an equalizer of sorts. No longer can a media outlet print stories with a liberal, or conservative, bias and feed them to the masses as non-prejudiced news. We can see for ourselves the slant of a story, and compare it with other lesser known news outlets, and even individual reporting (such as was done here at FFJ with Gigax) to get to the truth of the matter.

5. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Cherokee

Cherokee, you wrote:

"The Internet has become an equalizer of sorts. No longer can a media outlet print stories with a liberal, or conservative, bias and feed them to the masses as non-prejudiced news."

Cherokee, that is an excellent point.

Yes, indeed. We have become the eyes and ears of the world. They can no longer fool us. They can no longer get away with murder. We will find them, track them down and get to the bottom of every issue.

The Internet is the most powerful tool we have ever had. Radio and television were the precursors of the internet. The tools on the internet that we now enjoy were unimaginable just a decade ago. May God bless the internet.

Thank you, BobC for your brilliant analysis of Dr. Lee's book. I read every word, with great interest. However, I confess that Dr. Lee is tarnished (in my mind) due to his association with the O.J. case.

Peace.
    GL :leaf:

6. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Why_Nut, this is an excellent thread. You are right on target. More than you know.

I am one of the few democrats (yes I am a liberal weenie) that I know of.

What I am seeing going on at CBS disgusts me to no end. As it should everyone. As it should John Kerry. I hope he says something about this. Condems it. I hope he has the courage to step up and do the right thing.

Now, about CBS.

Guess who wants to do a segment on Tracey's latest crock? Yep. CBS. 48 Hours to be exact.

To make a very long story short I spoke with the most rude and abrasive human being I have ever had the displeasure of speaking with. He is one of the many producers of the show. He had all the charm of an rabid badger.

When I told him that Gigax had been cleared by the lead investigator he didn't care. In fact he told me my "credibility" was in question because I wouldn't believe the "volunteer" investigators. I could go on and on but you get the picture.

I explained that I was in no way the spokesperson for Gigax. He said Gigax had not answered his email. I don't blame him. He was even abrupt in his email.

I told this jerk that all he had to do was pick up the phone and call Tom Bennett and he would understand that the whole story was worthless. He refused to do this. He wanted to talk to Gigax period.

This is the very short and family version of my dealings with this guy.

Fortunately CBS does have a few good people on the staff. I spoke with another producer, a really nice and wonderful man, who told me the segment was actually going to be on Lee's new book. Tracey's crock was to be a small part of the segment.

Seems that CBS has an established pattern of ignoring the truth. The pi$$-ant rude poducer didn't want to hear about the truth from the lead and ONLY on staff paid investigator in the JBR case. He was getting his info from the Barney Fife of P.I's. Ollie Gray. That's all that mattered. Gray had a better story than Bennett. It's no fun when your mystery suspect is not only not a mystery but has been cleared as a suspect.

If CBS goes forth with the Gigax angle on the heals of this fiasco then I have a feeling they will get to know Mr. Gigax better than they had hoped. Just a feeling. Nothing based on fact.

I'll keep you posted.

7. Jayelles

Kudos to Gigax. His self-control is evident and I am delighted to see that he is heeding the very excellent advice he received. I have absolutely no doubt that silence continues to be the best policy here. The wheels of justice may turn slowly, but at least they are turning.

The tabloids don't care about justice. They only care about getting the next good story.

Tricia - I hope you are recording all the details for our book :)

8. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

If the CBS story is false, I have no doubt President Bush himself would have said so by now.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  9. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

If CBS airs the story....I've no doubt Gigax will have no choice but to sue to clear his name. AND I hope the truth comes out how CBS was warned but ignored the warning.

10. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I hope the truth comes out, and Tracy's crock is exposed, and credit is given to Tricia's FFJ.

11. Tricia

This ordinary poster has discovered something about Tracey.

According to a report I have in front of me, Michael Tracey's financial resources have been greatly reduced due to personal issues that we don't need to go into here.

It does raise the question of just where Tracey got the money to film his latest "documentary."

A reliable source told me that the Ramseys were the financial backers of the first documentary. This is why they agreed to appear in it. I can't confirm this but it does seem very logical.

It would be nice if someone in the "Watch Dog Media" would actually ask these and other questions that need to be asked of Tracey.

Have the Ramseys or their friends ever financially backed Tracey in any way shape or form? This question is a good start.

12. Little

Little Member

Oh well now that's rich. "Your" credibility was in question? And he made this determination...How?...and on what baisis?...and on...what?...his unique psychic insight?...his extensive research?...he asked the Magic 8 Ball? So, you are not to be taking Tom Bennett's word because..., exactly why was that again? Because he had access and the authority to review all the necessary case files? Ok then.

Little

13. Jayelles

If he goes to court over Gigax, he may be asked those questions.

14. messiecake

messiecake Member

I'd LOVE to know the answers to those questions as going by what we know I'd bet my life the Ramsey's or someone acting on their behalf did indeed fund Tracey's docs..........certainly would change the slant wouldnt it?

(just like I cant wait to find out who is behind the,likely forged,Natl Guard memo)

Sad to think that 'news' can be bought.

15. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

"'Your' credibility was in question? And he made this determination...How?...and on what baisis?...and on...what?...his unique psychic insight?...his extensive research?...he asked the Magic 8 Ball?"

The swamp owner contacted them first?

16. Tricia

LOL. JC you got me. I told him Bennet as in Tom, THEEE investigator in the case, had said Gigax was never EVER a suspect. He sent me an email stating my credibility was in question because I wouldn't consider the volunteer's statements. Paraphrasing here by the way.

I responded with the obvious. If his flipping "volunteers" couldn't find Gigax when a bunch of beer can collecting Internet folks could, and he believed the volunteers, then it was his crediblity that needed to be looked at. Not mine.

He was, and is, a first class pr!ck

Little, good to see you posting :)

17. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

Tricia wrote:

"I responded with the obvious. If his flipping "volunteers" couldn't find Gigax when a bunch of beer can collecting Internet folks could, and he believed the volunteers, then it was his crediblity that needed to be looked at. Not mine."

Yeah, what Tricia said....

ACandyRose
    ============================================

18. Prairie

Prairie Member

I'm not so sure he would. Best to let it fade into the background because people obviously care more about the Purple Heart Kerry did or didn't deserve than Bush not allowing himself the opportunity to get anything other than a shiny shoe medal.

19. Prairie

Prairie Member

Have you seen Control Room? There's a great scene in it involving a news producer that I found priceless.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice