Lin Wood trashes another witness

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

From the GLOBE this week -

There is an article entitled "Kobe Accuser Planned to Trap Eminem." It tells of Laie Weatherwax - a once-upon-a-time friend of Katelyn Faber, Kobe Bryant's accuser. In the article Weatherwax states certain things harmful to Faber's civil lawsuit. What interests me more than what she has to say is what Lin Wood has to say. He must have a standard trash-the-witness statement, which he adjusts to fit each situation.

Let's see - he trashed Tricia and FFJ (because he knows she could present a problem to his clients with her dogged determination), he trashed Steve Thomas (because he knew Thomas could damage his clients), and now he's going after a witness in the Kobe civil case, saying it's none of her business. Hello?

Here's the statement:

"Ms. Weatherwax is obviously a troubled young lady who's been seeking her 15 minutes of fame from the Kobe Bryant case by making distorted, exaggerated and false accusations about my client, her former friend of a few months. Ms. Weatherwax was obsessed with a case that did not involve her and was none of her business."

To me its akin to tampering with a jury pool when an attorney makes disparaging remarks about a potential witness for the opposing side, in effect tainting that jury pool. I can't think of two lawyers I detest more than Wood and Hadden. I understand the same woman who handled Kobe's criminal defense will be handling his civil defense as well. I don't much like her, either.

2. Little

Little Member

I think this is interesting just because it shows a bit of how Lin Wood works.
    This is an article titled:
    The Case Against Kobe Bryant Unraveled in a Mock Trial
    Source: Los Angeles Times: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-bryant6nov06,0,7269849.story?coll=la-home-headlines

I'm just going to place a few quotes that caught my attention.

Little

3. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for taking the time to single out the quotes Little. I haven't been following the Kobe Bryant case, other than reading headlines or seeing it on the TV news. I find this very interesting.

I did read about the kissing scene not lasting five minutes by his accuser. :)

So ...he's off the hook!

4. Ginja

Ginja Member

More?

I thought I heard more on this this weekend regarding the civil trial. Something along the lines that she planned to go to a civil trial and/or extort enough money out of Bryant in order to open a recording studio and get herself breast implants. Anyone else hear anything like this? I would think this kind of information in the public arena would kill any chances of recuperating in a civil trial.

5. Little

Little Member

I didn't read that (I don't think) Ginja. IMO, just follow the money.

Of for heaven's sake Wood, cry me a flippin' river. I think it's so typically disingenuous of L Wood to make it sound as if he's worried about justice for anyone and not about his own cut of the take.

Little

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice