Patsy's April 30, 1997 Police Testimony

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Catfish, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Hi,

I am still fairly new to the JonBenet Ramsey case and I'm trying to understand certain aspects of it. I have written down a few statements and observations from Patsy's first testimony with Boulder Police Department that strike me as curious. The quotes and page numbers are taken from the paperback edition of the National Enquirer book JonBenet - The Police Files.

From Patsy's testimony, we learned that she is a very intelligent and talented woman. Patsy tells police she graduated from West Virginia University with high honors (magna cum lauda) with a degree in journalism. (p.25) She won the talent portion of 1979 Miss America contest with her delivery of dramatic dialogue she wrote herself. (p. 26) Patsy had the talent to express herself skillfully under pressure in the beauty pageant, so I wondered if this talent of expression would be evident under the pressure of her police testimony.

We do know that Patsy not only had four months to think about JonBenet's death before her first testimony, she also had private investigators to assist her and John in researching information about the case and keeping her informed of developments.

In her testimony on April 30, 1997, Steve Thomas asked Patsy if she was aware of anyone associated with Access Graphics who might have a grudge against John, something that seems reasonable that Patsy and John would have discussed as a possible motive for the crime.

We learn from other sources that there were former employees were investigated. Concerning the $118,000 ransom demand -

Steve Thomas had learned from Patsy's mother and two sisters that John's first marriage ended because of an affair John had 20 years earlier with a woman named Lucinda . He asked Patsy if she was aware of the affair and if it was possible Lucinda might have an old grudge against John?

Had Patsy told other people that they would be at the White's Christmas party, thus other people would know the house would be empty that evening?

Who better to search the house for additional clues to their daughter's murderer than Patsy and John? Even if either or both of them were involved in JonBenet's death, "searching" the house would at least show their "interest" in helping to solve the case.

Did the broken basement window hold a clue as to how the intruder entered the home December 25th? If the window pane, broken by John six months before the crime, had been replaced, then the window broken again points to an intruder accessing the house through it.

Tom Trujillo asked Patsy if she's talked to Burke to learn if he heard anything that night.

Two weeks after JonBenet was murdered, it became public knowledge that the paper the ransom note was written on came from a pad of paper inside the Ramsey home. During her testimony four months later, Steve Thomas asked Patsy about that.

Maybe Patsy hadn't provided any new insight in her testimony up to this point because the police failed to asked the right questions. Was she just waiting for her opportunity to share information developed by her and her investigators? The following testimony shows this was not the case.

Patsy was hardly a wealth of information with her knowledge and insight or in sharing any leads her investigators had developed in solving the murder of JonBenet.

Possibly Patsy had avoided painful television and print coverage of new developments in JonBenet's murder. However, it seems reasonable that her own investigators would ask probing questions of her and keep her abreast of developing information, such as the pad of paper coming from inside her home.

The only information that I see she testified to that might be helpful was telling police who had keys to the house and naming some of the workers and guests that had been the home. What I didn't find was any insight from her as to what she thought might of happened to her daughter.

Patsy may have been "praying that (the BPD) is doing all they know how to do..." However, she was paying private investigators to do the same, with seemingly no additional results.

I am of the opinion that Patsy acted alone in JonBenet's death, the staging in the basement, and writing the 'ransom' note. I don't find anything in her testimony to point me in another direction.

Patsy failed to apply her own power and skills in her testimony to provide convincing testimony that she was interested in finding JonBenet's killer. Wouldn't someone as intelligent as Patsy want to appear informed, alert, cooperative and insightful when she testified? I don't see any of that here. Am I missing something?

-Catfish

2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

What's missing is any response from Patsy other than I don't remember, I can't recall, I may have, I didn't see, I didn't know....in other words, to me, Patsy isn't saying anything. She's playing dumb so she won't give a wrong answer.

3. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Here is John's answer in the Kane interview....look at what John says Barbara is feeling about Patsy. John Ramsey discussing John and Barbara Fernie:

Q. Are they still good friends?
    14 A. Well, we certainly consider them
    15 friends. Barbara had some emotional problems
    16 before this all happened, and John wrote us,
    17 I don't know, I guess months later and said
    18 that Barbara is having difficulty dealing
    19 with this and please ask Patsy not to write
    20 her or respond to her.

Barbara didn't want any correspondence from Patsy! IMO Barbara, and she was there that morning observing, thinks Patsy did it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice