What Kind of Parents WOULD STOP SEARCHING FOR THEIR CHILD'S KILLER? GUILTY ONES.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Normally I ignore Susan Bennett and her ramblings on Webbsleuths.com

However, Susan Bennett must have read the www.supportramseytruth.com website because she is now seeing what we have all known for years.

The Ramseys are hypocritical and not the least bit committed to finding the killer of JonBenet. Now if Bennett can make the next logical conclusion she may be on her way to the whole truth.

The truth is no parent would abandon their hunt for the killer of their child like the Ramseys have unless they have something to hide.

From Susan Bennett's own website, her own words.

I apologize to those who will be offended but this is for JonBenet and the small victims - - not for the Ramseys who have failed to do this on their own.

The Ramseys have moved on - have a new life. I am sure they miss and mourn JonBenet - and I don't begrudge them a new beginning. But I confess it galls me that they ended their efforts to find the killer - - - and blocked efforts by others to do it themselves.

The Ramseyfamily web site asking for tips is gone. I asked for the Ramseys to let me take over that domain and they chose not to do so - - the URL is dead, as dead as their daughter.

They removed the reward, just dropped it. Yes, their finances have fallen, but to just drop it? Not necessary - - absolutely not necessary. They just spent how much of their own money on that political race? They could have kept some aside for a reward.

The AOL tipline listed in their book is dead. DEAD! What a slap in the face to their baby girl. Yes, anyone can call the Boulder DA - - but when her parents put that address in their book, were they not making a committment to keep it up? It isn't so expensive - - in fact they didn't have to pay a penny to keep it alive. I offered, asked, BEGGED to be given that aol screen name so anyone sending in information might have their letter read. Again, the Ramseys did nothing. The address is dead. The Ramseys clearly don't care.

Now, some can say that the Ramseys were/are angry at me for the tape disagreement - - and I suppose they were... they never spoke to me about it so I can only suppose.... but Patsy sent me a very nice card for my 35th wedding anniversary so I also suppose they aren't THAT mad.

Bottom line is this. The Ramseys may be willing to meet with investigators to discuss suspect X or answer a question, but they are doing nothing - - nothing as far as I can see - - to see this case solved.

They had opportunities to do things and declined.

During the political run they refused to talk to Charlie Brennan, the Rocky Mountain News Reporter. They could have used him to get out another message - - they are innocent and the killer is out there and someone needs to make that call! But they didn't want to talk to him, refused. Wasted a great opportunity to make another plea.

They do that over and over.

They could have been part of Mills and Tracey's documentary - - you have to know a minute of Ramsey face and comment would have been welcome - - - but they declined.

Why? Because that is not what they want to be doing with their time.

John could have spoken more in JonBenet's voice when he was running for office. Who would fault him if he was a candidate who wanted to do everything he could to keep OTHER children safe? Why didn't he say he would fight for stricter laws, mandatory sentances for pedophiles, laws that would force the convicted offenders to pay for their own samples to be processed and entered into CODIS?

Well, we all make choices. No one has to live up to anyone's expectations and they sure didn't live up to mine.

I am disappointed and disgusted at some of their decisions.
    But I really don't matter to them, neither does this forum.

So we will each do now what we feel is right.

Whoa. You go Susan. I have always felt Susan knew things about the Ramseys that they wanted to keep hidden. I hope Bennett unloads and lets the truth be told.

Remember, the truth will always set you free.

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

What does she mean by "blocked efforts for others to do it themselves"? Is she referring to them not allowing her to take over the AOL screen-name?

I can understand the Ramseys not allowing her to take over the tipline. If they had done so, then it would have been official recognition/approval of jameson. I have always said that she was a public relations nightmare for them and it would appear they realised that. She is someone who lies and spins and insults people who don't agree with her POV or who she wants to discredit for personal reasons. The Ramseys are very image conscious and that's the last thing they want to associate themselves with - no matter how passionately she says she believes in their innocence.

John would have been torn during his political race. On one hand, he wanted to use his infamy as JBR's father to win votes, but OTOH, he didn't want it to be all about JonBenet. Charlie Brennan is a diehard Ramsey case reporter. There was no way he would keep the Ramsey case out of any story he would write. Also, he is based in Colorado - John Ramsey made it clear that they wanted to keep the press reports in Michigan (although by going on LKL, he proved he wasn't opposed to some national coverage).

Regarding the Tracey documentary - jameson's comments are intriguing. She says :-

According to the documentary:-

Now - what is the truth???

jameson's comments have come a little late in the day. If she'd said any of this earlier, then she would have gained more respect as an OBJECTIVE commentator - someone who wasn't wearing Ramsey-tinted spectacles.

3. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Jayelles, I am hoping beyond hope that Susan Bennett is going to do the right thing and tell the truth about the Ramseys and their behavior.

I don't think she will ever say they are guilty but Bennett holds to key, IMO, to the Ramseys true behavior. I think she knows a lot and if she believes the truth is the way to go she will tell what she knows.

My fear is the Ramseys will make nice with Bennett and all of her postings about telling the truth will go away.

I don't think Bennett has info that actually points to the Ramseys guilt. I think she knows how they do things. Their behavior and their plans. Bennett knows many things about the Ramseys and if she really believes this is about JonBenet and not the Ramseys, she will post what she knows.

4. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Makes you go hmmmm.....do the other little swampettes feel the same?

Yeah, Jammie old girl, you can make a difference....it's obvious even to you, by now, the Ramsey's don't give a rat's :(:(:( about their daughter.

On one hand the Ramseys are boasting how much time and money they spend searching for the killer....meanwhile the other hand is thwarting anyone's efforts to help by publishing bogus websites, foundations, fake reward money and phone numbers.

Would Klass publish bogus phone numbers, websites and so on? Hell no.

This is the behavior of guilt laden parents, not the innocent.

5. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

The swamp sucks. :violin:

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Sorry, but I think jameson's rant is very self serving. As Jayelles mentioned, it seems she is upset that they wouldn't turn over the AOL screen name to her and they ended their efforts to find the killer and blocked efforts to let her do it herself. She is just pist because they basically told her to butt out.

She says all the right things, but I don't trust her motivations. I don't think anyone here would ever be foolish enough to trust Susan Bennett after the chit she's pulled in the past and the lies she has told. Don't buy it, Tricia. This is all about Susan Bennett, not the Ramseys.

7. Jayelles

Reputations stick and jameson has been exposed too many times for being untrustworthy. It wasn't so long ago that she announced her resignation and a month later she was back as though nothing had changed. At the time of the resignation she spoke of being in a position that made her feel uncomfortable. I wonder if during the month she was away, she had her nice 35th wedding anniversary card from Patsy and that this gave her hope that all was not lost with the Ramseys? Who knows?

I don't think jameson will have any insight into the Ramsey case. I don't think she has any unknown information that would show the Ramseys in a positive light. I think all she might have would possibly dish some dirt on them and I think a tabloid might pay handsomely for that. Would she stoop? I don't think she would dare.

I have a hunch that it's John Ramsey who has cut her off her and not Patsy. John is the one who makes the decisions IMO. I think he's an arrogant so and so and would trample over his granny if the end result would make him look good.

8. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

"I am committed to keeping the forums up through 2005 - - let's see if we can make them forums worth keeping. If at the end of 2005 they are NOT helping find justice for anyone, they will close forever.Up to all of us. Will you do something to help? I hope so."

"Them forums" --- them forums, them dry forums. Sounds like an SOS for money, tips, or candy to me.

9. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I agree with Tricia...I believe Jams knows how things have been working all these years. All the PR games that were played. I'm sure it will be enlighnening
    if Jams ever discovers that perhaps itwasn't all done in a quest for Justice for the murder of this baby girl and decides to tell some of what she knows. Bet some people are nervous right now, and Jams should be one of them now that she has opened that door.

10. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Considering the strong-armed tactics of the Ramseys and their lawyers over the years, Freebird, perhaps the smartest thing jams could do is to go to the media with what she knows. I think it's pretty evident there have been some powerful forces at work inside this investigation, working to keep the cover up going. They aren't going to want Susan Bennett revealing anything that could put their accomplishments at risk.

11. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Things are never what they seem, especially when it comes to the Swamp, so there's no telling what's really behind the bubbling in the pot ... but I'm hoping Susan Bennett realizes she's been played, and that she'll spill everything she knows about the Ramseys, and their manipulative ways. Of course, she could be issuing a semi-veiled threat to them, hoping for more attention in exchange for her silence.

Whatever the truth behind Susan's intentions, the reality is the Ramseys used her for their own purposes as an Internet mouthpiece, but didn't really accept her into their high society world. After all, to them she was just a poor relation who was willing to do the dirty work for them ... not someone you'd invite to your Junior League gala.

As long as she was willing to support them, they could throw her the occasional bone, and pretend to be cozy. I'm sure they knew better than to make her mad, but the minute she sold the tapes, they felt had an excuse to cut her off.

The Ramseys have used the "good cop, bad cop" routine on Susan in order to maintain a balancing act ... hoping not to incure her wrath, but keeping her as distant as they could.

Patsy is the "good cop" ... manipulating her with alleged affection ... inviting her to their home in Atlanta a couple of times, sending an anniversary card to keep Susan on their good side. Patsy is good at pretending, and knows a little sugar goes a long way.

John is the "bad cop" ... the one who is stern and threatening. His use for Susan is over, and so he's done with her. She's served her purpose, but he doesn't need her services any longer. John has made an executive decision and moved on. To him, people are a commodity, and Susan's expiration date is up.

Stayed tuned for the next episode of "As The Forum World Turns."

12. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Hi everyone,

I haven't been posting for quite some time, but have tried to keep up with the forums if even just to read through them daily.

I just came back from Webbsleuths after reading this thread and while my initial instincts tell me that WY and Cherokee are probably correct in that there are ulterior motives for her latest posts, whether it be a book or something else, I can't help but wonder:

After becoming a grandmother, looking at that really gorgeous little baby girl, maybe she realized that it is just impossible to love a child so much and yet refuse to take advantage of the fact that this murder is still very much alive in the public's eye as well as the media. Maybe she looked at that baby and thought "how could anyone NOT try to find a child's murderer?".

Sometimes, and maybe in this case (optimistic aren't I?), seeing that beautiful little baby girl made her remember how being so in love with a child would not allow parents to ignore the pleas to help in an ongoing investigation of their child's murder. Maybe the overwhelming passion for a child has been rekindled and she has come to realize what most of us have realized for so very long:

PARENTS OF A MURDERED CHILD DON'T FORGET ABOUT THEIR CHILD.

Maybe I'm way off base here in giving her the benefit of the doubt but sometimes a new baby can "spark" if you will, the realization that the Ramseys are not doing their part and not doing it INTENTIONALLY!

I can only hope I am right and if in fact, she knows anything that would be helpful to the investigation, even if it is not "helpful" to the Ramseys, she will do the right thing and "out" them.

We can only hope now that she knows the Ramseys aren't and haven't done anything to help the investigation, she next will ask herself
    WHY HAVEN'T THEY?

The answer to that question will be true enlightenment for her

13. Jayelles

The forum has been pretty dead for a while. Will members be willing to provide financial support for THAT for another 12 months?

14. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Barbara, it's great to see you posting. You've been missed.

15. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Thanks Cherokee,

I missed you too.

Real life has taken its toll on some of my time, but like any addiction, I can never stay away very long from my forum family.

16. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Barbara where have you been! Good to see you post again.

I gotta agree with WY...Jams is doing it for herself, for some reason...like maybe the kick off forum telethon. It's that time of year....prepare folks to cough up 50 bucks each.

Yeah old Jammie ain't been the same since the Rams brushed hir off...she can't get back the old 15 minutes of fame...everyone ignores hir forum.

17. DocG

DocG Banned

Patsy and John gave up on trying to find the real killer a LONG time ago. How else can you explain the fact that NEITHER had bothered to inquire regarding whether or not the basement window had been repaired prior to the night of the murder? When interviewed by the BPD both expressed confusion regarding the true status of that window at that time.

IF that window had been repaired earlier, and they could cite the testimony of the person who repaired it (according to them, Melvin Pugh had been scheduled to do so), then it could be argued that the window had been broken by the intruder, which would almost certainly (from the viewpoint of the intruder theory) mean that this had to be the point of entry. On the other hand, if neither Linda nor Melvin knew anything about any broken window, THAT would have told us that John was lying when he claimed to have broken it earlier. And may well have broken it himself as part of a staging effort.

BIG difference, no? Yet neither John nor Patsy nor anyone working for them bothered to check. Were they trying to solve the crime? Or protecting themselves from information which could damage their credibility?

18. Elle

Elle Member

Whatever Susan Bennett's motives are for posting very strong statements, she has still made them, and this is not in her usual style POSTING AGAINST THE RAMSEYS. I would rather wait and see just what information she is going to post. In spite of all the strong statements against the Ramseys, I was sorry to see she was still claiming "they were innocent." Who knows? As Tricia stated, maybe she is beginning to see the light and where the truth lies (?).

I do believe she knows a lot more about the Ramseys, and I'm hoping this will lead to parts of the puzzle being filled in. We'll just have to wait and see what stems from what she is going to talk about.

Maybe Barbara is right when she stated:

19. Elle

Elle Member

I agree with you DocG about the Ramseys being lackadaisical about the repair of the broken window. Linda Hoffman Pugh stated she couldn't remember seeing a broken window in the basement. Also, Brian Scott, gardener to the Ramseys didn't recall seeing a broken window either ( PMPT page 5 HB Lawrence Schiller). You're also right about this broken window not being investigated enough.

20. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

We must not forget the Foundation that was a sham. Even the friend who took it over, Suzanne Goebel ,did nothing.

If the Ramseys put 10% of the time and efforts shown during John's political run into the Jon Benet Ramsey foundation, maybe some other children would have been helped or even saved.

But they did nothing with something that could have done ALOT. And no big money is needed to advance legislation. You get petitions. Brenda VanDam is doing all sorts of things in California. So is Erin Runnion. So is Bob Cooke. Without lots of money.

There is no rule they have to do anything. But don't say you are doing it when you are not and have no intention of doing so.

It all looked good in their book so that the general public would think they actually had a foundation and would do something to help abused children.

Even when confronted on Larry King,Patsy jumped in about some donation to a camp which never got a check until weeks after the program aired.

What phonies!

The reason they stopped a tip line and reward is obvious. Ashley, in her infinite wisdom is correct. Only she has it backwards. If the Ramsey's know who did it, and it's unprovable, why stop a tip line. Any parent would want that tip, that witness, SOMETHING to make it proveable.....unless that parent does not fancy wearing orange jumpsuits, that is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice