Isn't It Odd That ....

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

There are so many odd things about this case I thought we could list them. Please keep in mind that, although I do have a strong server, if we list all 12 million odd things about this case it will blow it up. LOL.

What? You want me to start? Ok...heh.

Isn't it odd that...

John is more worried about a "borg" showing up on his lawn with a gun than he is the "intruder" that killed his daughter? (NPR interview July 2004)

John and Patsy are sure a stun gun was used on their daughter's body yet refuse to have JonBenet's body exhumed to find out for sure?

there is no tip line, no reward money, no website, or any ongoing information about JonBenet put up by her own family?

Jeff Shapiro just had to mention that his "Zero Haliburton" briefcase cost "$750" to Schiller in Perfect Murder Perfect Town? (page 315 hardback)
    (this one just bugs me)

Ok your turn. No matter how big or how small it just has to be "odd."

2. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Very odd...

I always thought it very odd that Alex Hunter let Jeff Shapiro come in his back door every day. :unreal:

3. DocG

DocG Banned

Oddest of all

Hey, you already know what I think. :idea:

Oddest of all is the decision to rule John out as writer of the note. This decision was made by six "experts" examining the note and some of John's exemplars in ONE day. Two of these "experts" had been hired by John. Even if it really looked like he didn't write it, WHY rule him out? WHY in effect "give him a pass"? This is your number one suspect and you get him off the hook so soon? Even if these "experts" really believed John didn't write the note, it was still an incredibly dumb decision on the part of the BPD and the DA's office to go along with that -- and make it public. You keep your suspects under pressure, you do NOT hand one of them a gift like that.

Dumb dumb and dumber. Also very: O D D !!!!!!!!

4. Elle

Elle Member

Isn't it odd that Patsy Ramsey spent hundreds of $$$ for dancing lessons and glittering pageant clothes for JonBenét's pageants, and she couldn't buy one of those bedwetting gadgets at a reasonable cost, to help train her little daughter to get up and go to the bathroom.

The gadget is a 20" x 24" pad which slips under the sheets and sets off a buzzer if one drop of urine seeps through, and warns the child to get up and go to the bathroom. They are very successful. I know, because I had one for my youngest umpteen moons ago. It was fantastic. It took him one week.

5. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Odd they didn't tear the house apart and question the only other person on the same floor as the 'abducted' child....

I just cannot imagine not searching every nook and cranny inside the house...the car...the garage..the basement... and the entire neighborhood....it may be a stupid thing to do but it's the natural instinct of a parent of a missing child....regardless of a ransom note.
    I never bought that BS that she was 'taken' therefore the parents didn't bother searching. It's beyond odd, it's abnormal.

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Isn't it odd that...

...the Ramseys never went back into their own home?

Why would John and Patsy walk away from their home shortly after JonBenet's body was found, never to return? Who better to search the home for clues; something out of place or missing?

Perhaps innocent family members might never feel safe or secure living in that house again. However, I would think any pain caused by returning to the house to search for information that might help solve the crime, in broad daylight with police protection, could be endured.

If either John or Patsy were totally innocent of the crime and did not suspect or support the other's involvement, how could that parent not return to the house to try to find information about who killed JonBenet?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  7. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

I think it's odd how they wanted to rush to Atlanta --
    and not assist the authorities, in spite of what the propagandists say,they did NOT cooperate.

Odd how they couldn't remember very much when interviewed by the authorites yet they recall minute details of unimportant things in their book. Unimportant things that transparently try to paint them as perfect people, by the way, such as their Christmas breakfast menu.

Odd how they cry poor and in another sentence their lawyer brags about how much money he has made off their lawsuits.

Odd that they claim no internet access when computer software was John's business.

Odd that there were not cell phone records for December.

Odd that John never mentioned the broken window or some strange van he says was in the neighborhood.

Odd that they would make a big deal about Atlanta being their home and then suddenly move to Michigan and run for politcal office

The other thing that was VERY odd was the Atlanta break in.

8. Little

Little Member

Freebird - you named one of my favorite oddities :)

Of course I can't just keep it brief.

Quote: The story said that Patsy Ramsey gave conflicting statements to police.

She first said that she awoke about 5:45 a.m. Dec. 26 and went to JonBenet's room to wake her up, but discovered she was missing. She found the ransom note as she ran down the stairs, Patsy Ramsey told police.

She later said she was walking downstairs to the kitchen to make coffee when she found the note, and then raced upstairs to discover that her daughter was missing. End Quote
    Source: September 4, 1997
    http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0904jon1.htm

Why was the term garrote just accepted as fact?

Quote: As JonBenét's body lay at the foot of the family's Christmas tree, her father was on the phone with his private pilot, making plans to fly away from Boulder before nightfall.

Moments later, Ramsey told Boulder police Detective Sgt. Larry Mason "that he, his wife, and his son would be flying to Atlanta that evening," Newsweek quotes the book as saying.

1 line jumphead RAMSEY from Page 1A--> "You can't leave," Mason told him. "We have to talk to you." The book also reportedly recounts a relationship that Shapiro says developed as he exchanged information with Hunter. For example, Shapiro researched garrotes at the Boulder Public Library and reported his findings to Hunter. A garrotelike device was around JonBenét's neck when she found Dec. 26, 1996, in the basement of her parents' Boulder home. End Quote
    Source: http://uss001.infi.net/denver/post/news/jon0216.htm

Did Hunter view this as an opportunity for a book?

Quote: Also in the book, Shapiro describes a meeting in Hunter's office where the DA calls Bryan Morgan, one of the Ramseys' attorneys, to confirm information for the reporter.

"The DA was calling the Ramseys' attorneys right in front of me to get information I needed," Shapiro is quoted saying in the book.

When asked Monday if he knew Shapiro was working with Schiller on the book, Eller replied, "Yeah, so was Alex." Eller declined to elaborate, saying "There's a lot more to it," and that "I have plenty to say." But, he quickly added, he won't say any more until the investigation is resolved.

"None of this is helping justice," Eller said. End Quote

Quote: Patsy then touched Pam's face. "Couldn't you fix this for me?" she asked. Pam thought she was delirious. It was as if Patsy were asking her to fix a ripped seam. "Patsy said something like, "We didn't mean for that to happen'," Pam would say later. Pam couldn't say why, but she remembered feeling as if Patsy knew who killed JonBenét but was afraid to say. End Quote

Quote from Source: Pg 41 PMPT: Kristine went to the bathroom to get a cool washcloth for Patsy’s forehead. While she was gone, Patsy reached up and touched Pam’s face. Couldn’t you fix this for me?†she asked. Pam thought she was delirious. It was as if Patsy were asking her to fix a ripped seam. “Patsy said something like ‘We didn’t mean for that to happen,’†Pam would say later. End Quote

Why didn’t Patsy ask Priscilla White what she knew???

Quote from NE book Page 163-164:
    I just sort of remember Priscilla standing in my mother's living room, family room, you know, just kind of like this and saying , "Well, I know what's going on," and she said, "If you would give me a few minutes of your time, I could let you in on some things." And I turned to her and I said, "Priscilla, how can you know so much?" and I said, "I am the mother of this child. And I know nothing."

TH: What was she referring to?

PR: I dont have a clue. I really, I mean, you know, so many times I wish I would have taken her up on it to see what the hell she was talking about. There was just her - you know, it was just this kind of, "I know what's going on here and you don't. And if you give me a few minutes of your time I could clue you in." End Quote

Was JonBenet awake when they arrived home?

Excerpts from Steve Thomas book, "JonBenet, Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation"
    Page 317: Quote: With his legs pulled up and his chin on his knees, Burke said he played some Nintendo on the afternoon of December 25. When showed a photograph of the pineapple and bowl, he recognized the bowl. That showed it belonged in the house and not brought in by an intruder. He recalled nothing unusual at the Whites' party other than getting a mild shock from the electric deer fence outside. He said his sister fell asleep in the car on the way home but awakened to help carry presents into the house of a friend. When they got home, JonBenet walked in slowly and walked up the spiral stairs to bed, just ahead of Patsy. That was quite a difference from the initial and frequently repeated story that she was carried to bed. End Quote
    Source: http://www.acandyrose.com/12261996-911.htm

Choice of word no coincidence

The expert/pathologist who did the autopsy on JonBenet called the marks on her abrasions.

Lou Smit, Linn Wood & John Ramsey call them with absolute certainty marks from a stun gun. No proof, that just fits their story.

The expert/pathologist said that the cord (not rope) was loosely tied around JonBenet’s wrists.

Lou Smit & John Ramsey & Linn Wood say it was tightly bound around her wrists. Sometimes they call it a rope – that fits better with the rope that Lou Smit says was in the brown bag and left hemp fibers in JonBenet’s bed. The cord used to strangle JonBenet was not made from that material. It was a synthetic blend, however that is not mentioned by Lou Smit.

Ligature: n 1: Something that binds or ties: BAND, BOND; This is the term used by the expert/pathologist.

Garrote: n 1. A method of execution by strangling with an iron collar; also the iron collar used. 2. Strangulation especially for the purpose of robbery; also an implement for this purpose.

Which word causes the most emotion?

Why do you suppose they choose the word they do?

Why do Lou Smit’s words go unchallenged by the media and judicial system when experts in the fields of pathology have hesitated to say with absolute certainty exactly what they feel happened that night.

The opinions of experts in profiling, handwriting, stun guns & knots who know the evidence in this case have been tossed aside by the media and courts in favor of the theory of Lou Smit. Smit has not one iota of actual evidence that is related to this case which points to an intruder. His “evidence†is that John and Patsy told him they didn’t do it. His theory revolves around open windows and packing peanuts and his belief that Christians just wouldn’t do such a thing.

Why has Lou Smit been permitted carte blanche when discussing this case through every media outlet available to mankind? Why is he not unchallenged if for no other reason than shake off the specter of bias?

Why has Lin Wood been permitted to effectively stifle any open discussion of theory that differs from that which he has paid for? His tactics mirror those of a third-word dictator who banishes anyone who challenges his authority and our justice system and media mirror the behavior of some lackey sycophant falling over itself to keep the dictator fat & happy.

Why has no one in the media challenge Lou Smit on his terminology. It’s not as if the autopsy report is not out there for all to read. It’s not as if all the information isn’t out there for them to read for themselves. The internet boards are packed with intelligent conversation about this case – not just opinions, spin and editorializing, but with links to documentation to back up their thoughts. The research is right there in front of them. ACandyRose’s web site has the best documentation bar none. Yet for an institution that supposedly prides itself on truth in reporting the Ramsey spin team has been permitted to dictate the story lines.

Little

edited to provide different link for http://uss001.infi.net/denver/post/news/jon0216.htm story:
    http://63.147.65.175/news/jon0216.htm

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  9. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Odd that John Andrew Ramsey, when asked his opinion on the killer said, "I think he should be forgiven."

10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

"We didn't mean for that to happen."

Patsy implies she and/or someone else in the family had control over what happened to JonBenet. The sentence makes no sense if the Ramseys had nothing to do with the death of JonBenet. It makes no sense if Patsy truly believed JonBenet was kidnapped and killed by an intruder.

Patsy says JonBenet's death was not intended to happen. It was an accident. But someone in the family bears responsibility.

IMO

11. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I find it odd:

The Ramseys went to the Stines rather than utilize Don Paugh's condo; right there in Boulder and according to reports: He wasn't there

Don Paugh's lack of support publicly when so many others did support them publicly

The hiring of the best attorneys money could buy and they continued NOT to talk to the police, but WOULD talk to CNN and WRITE A BOOK (for profit)

Leaving the state rather than assist in the investigation of their murdered daughter

Not calling the police for updates

Claiming they knew little to nothing about polygraphs, stating that they would take 10 if necessary, then refusing to take one, taking privately funded polygraphs on their own and only holding a press conference after the third try and bragging that they "passed" (after they publicly stated they didn't "believe in them")

Not waking up Burke

Calling their "pediatrician" to sedate Patsy

Calling their pediatrician at all

Calling their friends to the house

Having the "wherewithall" to think of calling their friends when realizing their daughter is "missing" (I can understand calling an immediate family member, but their friends/acquaintances (their words, not mine), pediatrician/reverend, etc.) ????

After all these years, I either forgot or it has never been mentioned:

When Patsy was making all these calls, did she have the phone numbers memorized or did she have to make these calls using a phone book? I think it says something if she took the time to sit with a phone book to make these calls. Anyone know?

Back to odd:

John having the presence of mind to call his PILOT

John and Patsy having the presence of mind to be cognizant UNTIL it was time to talk to the police and THEN drugging themselves up and REFUSING to talk to the police when it was the MOST IMPORTANT time to stay off the drugs and alcohol

Oh there's so much more...........

12. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

The morning the Ramseys were to fly to Michigan and meet Melissa's fiance, Patsy wore the same clothes as the day before...in spite of a closet full of clean clothes.

In a house full of bathrooms Patsy didn't take a shower because hers was 'broke'...is it really so much trouble to grab clean clothes and walk down a flight of stairs?

Yet Patsy thought she'd make a good impression on Melissa's fiance if she just put makeup on...no matter what she smelled like.

13. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Odd, did you say?

Well, let me tell you about odd:

ODD means STRANGE.

Dictionary definition of STRANGE:

“Of or relating to some other person or place (the cuckoo lays her eggs in a strange nest.)â€

One of the dictionary definitions for CUCKOO:

“Silly, Crazy.â€

Dictionary definition of SILLY:

“Absurd; Trifling; Frivolous.â€

Dictionary definition of ABSURD:

“Ridiculously unreasonable; unsound or incongruous.â€

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, the Defense has proposed a scenario that incorporates every one of the above adjectives; not one of which contains the smallest degree of substance.
    Their defense is beyond odd; it is strange and downright silly.
    Cuckoos Smit, Douglas, Koby and Hunter were all in the same nest with the Defendants.
    The ransom note was absurd. The Defense’s criticisms of the press and Boulder police were frivolous. Hunter’s chummy association with a cub reporter from one of the rags was incongruous. Koby’s constant recital of the Constitution was beyond silly. Douglas’ spiritual “bonding†with the Defendants was absurdly unethical; making his “report†so bogus that future legal historians will faint when they read it. Smit’s stun-gun theory and his pig experiments will, no doubt, go down in the legal hall of shame.
    So, ladies and gentlemen, when you go back into the jury room to start your deliberations, just remember the key word: ODD. Yes, think Odd. Odd as in untrue; and untrue as in guilt. The truth is sweet and believable; lies are odd; especially all the lies the defense has told, and continues to tell.

I rest my case.
    :leaf:

14. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

BRILLIANT GREENIE :clap:

Take a :takeabow:

15. Little

Little Member

Greenleaf!!
    :bowdown:
    Great post!!

Little

16. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Greenie,

Bravo! What a post. That is so fine. I especially like the last part: Truth is sweet; lies are odd. Wonderful

Several of you have already mentioned my oddities but here they go again. For me the single most odd thing about the whole event is calling her friends over to the house. And to extend that a little...for them to come over and be in a house where some dude has just kidnapped JonBenet. (supposedly) I have over the years tried to imagine what I would do if someone of my friends called me early in the AM and said come over my kid has been kidnapped. I just simply couldn't do it because I would be interferring with the police or FBI or whoever. And further still I have always been curious as to what was actually said to the folks who did come over. Has anyone ever mentioned just what Patsy or John said to them. Patsy probably wasn't medicated when she made those phone calls. How did she sound? What did she say? Why did they come to contaminate a crime scene? Why why why? And then once there did any of them read the ransom note and then see that phrase about notifying police or even a dog or she JonBenet will be beheaded. Why didn't they leave the house then. Very odd. Why didn't anyone ask Patsy why she called when she was directed not to tell anyone? Oh so many things about that scene bothers me. NOt just on P & J part in it but on the meighbors and friends part too. How could they come to a house early in the AM when there could be a bad guy still there lurking around to do more harm.

The cell phone records and land line phone records have never been looked at to this day. I have understood that they are no longer in existance. How come? Nothing just disappears when it is on computers.

CAP being allowed to remove stuff from the house while the police watched her do it. That is unbelievable.

The moment JonBenet's body was discovered and the "kidnapping" became a murder 2 things should have happened...Get rid of all the extra people from the house and separate John and Patsy for questioning. It's very odd that nothing like that happened. Nothing even remotely like that happened.

What a great thread Tricia! More more more odds please.

17. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Excellent Greenleaf!

After all these years, I either forgot or it has never been mentioned:

When Patsy was making all these calls, did she have the phone numbers memorized or did she have to make these calls using a phone book? I think it says something if she took the time to sit with a phone book to make these calls. Anyone know?

I think if she had to look up all the phone numbers for her "group" to come over that morning in the midst of all that heartache/crisis/hysteria, it not only makes it "odder", but tells us that she knew exactly what was going on IMO

18. Elle

Elle Member

Bravissimo Greenleaf!

You win the prize! :)

19. Elle

Elle Member

A very good point Barbara! Patsy damn well knew what she was doing. Having a "contamination party."

20. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Excellent Greenie as usual!!!

Zoomama I also found Patsy's phone dealings odd, plus what if the kidnapper's decided to call earlier? What if JonBenet had reached a phone and tried to call home? She was old enough to memorize her phone number.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice